facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 4, 2008, 01:07 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,371
Default bangladesh WORLD CUP squad for 2011: some predictions based on some interesting stats

First let’s have a look at the 3 previous squad and their ages at that moment

World Cup 1999, England: Aminul Islam (31) (c), Akram Khan (31), Enamul Haque Moni (33), Faruk Ahmed (33), Hasibul Hossain Shanto (22), Khaled Mahmud Sujon (28), Khaled Mashud Pilot (23) (wk), Manjural Islam (20), Mehrab Hossain Opi (21), Mohammad Rafique (29), Minhajul Abedin Nannu(34), Naimur Rahman Durjoy (25), Niamur Rashid Rahul (24), Shafiuddin Ahmed Babu (26), Shahriar Hossain Biddyut (23)

Average age: 26.87 (at that time)



World Cup 2003, SA: Al Sahariar Rokon (25), Alok Kapali (19), Ehsanul Haque Sezan (24), Habibul Bashar (31), Hannan Sarkar (21), Khaled Mahmud Sujon (32), Khaled Mashud Pilot (27) (c/wk), Manjural Islam (24), Mashrafe Mortaza (20), Mohammad Ashraful (19), Mohammad Rafique (33), Sanwar Hossain (30), Talha Jubair (18), Tapash Baisya (21), Tushar Imran (20)

Average age: 24.27

*** Akram Khan replaced Mashrafe Mortaza Later


World cup 2007, WI: Abdur Razzak (25), Aftab Ahmed (22), Habibul Bashar (35) (c), Javed Omar (31), Mashrafe Mortaza (24), Mohammad Ashraful (23), Mohammad Rafique (37), Mushfiqur Rahim (18), Rajin Saleh (24), Shahadat Hossain (20), Shahriar Nafees (20), Shakib Al Hasan (19), Syed Rasel (22), Tamim Iqbal (18), Tapash Baisya (25)

*** Farhad Reza brought in for Tapash Baisya later

Average age: 24.20


Now here are some interesting stats:

1. No captain from the previous squad has made the next squad.
2. The next captain made his world cup debut in the previous squad.
3. Only one (1) player has made it into 3 consecutive squads. (Mohammed Rafiq)
4. Only five (5) players played in both 1999 and 2003 (Sujon, Pilot, Manjural, Rafiq, Akram)
5. Again only five (5) players played in both 2003 and 2007 (Bashar, Mortaza, Ashraful, Rafiq, Tapash)
6. from the second world cup one player has to be replaced for injury
7. 11 players have made WC debut in each WC except the 1999
8. the average is decreasing


Now considering the stats given above here are some predictions on the 2011 squad


1. The next captain will be from one of those who made WC debut in 2007 (Razzak, Aftab, Javed, Mushfik, Rajin, Nafees, Shakib, Rasel, Shahadat, Tamim.
2. Only one player may play 3 consecutive WC and its from Bashar, Mortaza, Ashraful, Tapash. Now bashar has retired. So it could be either tapash or mashrafe or ashraful.
3. Only 4 others players (except the one who will be playing 3 consecutive WCs) will play 2 consecutive WCs. That is only 4 from Razzak, Aftab, Javed, Mushfik, Rajin, Nafees, Shakib, Rasel, Shahadat, Tamim will be in the 2011 WC.
4. Also one player will get injured and there will be new replacement.
5. There will be 11 players who have not played WC before. One of them could be a late replacement.
6. the average age may decrease slightly.

ONETHING I could not find out is how many players made their ODI debut in the WC.

Now ppl try to predict ……..

???
1. who will be the next captain ???
2. which player may play 3 consecutive WC’s ?
3. which 4 other players from 2007 squad may retain their place ???
4. which 11 players may make their WC debut’s ???

Last edited by al-Sagar; April 5, 2008 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 4, 2008, 02:24 AM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 14,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
Now ppl try to predict ……..

1. will ashraful play or not ???
2. who will be the next captain ???
3. which player may play 3 consecutive WC’s ?
4. which 4 other players from 2007 squad may retain their place ???
5. which 11 players may make their WC debut’s ???
I shell ... in 2011, but before that I have to make sure I can live that long. So may I ask you to wait till then?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 4, 2008, 03:11 AM
ausbangfan ausbangfan is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 1, 2008
Posts: 609

for bangladesh to improve in cricket then 10/15 players in the past/current squads for the sa/ire/pak series hav 2 play in 2011 wc. We need to keep a stable line up if we want to win games
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 4, 2008, 03:32 AM
mshakir56's Avatar
mshakir56 mshakir56 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 16, 2005
Location: Michigan, USA
Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL
Posts: 1,941

Half the side thats touring Pakistan might not even be in the frames by the time 2011 world cup arrives.
__________________
You can run, but you can't hide !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 4, 2008, 03:40 AM
abu2abu abu2abu is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 4, 2007
Location: Paris
Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed
Posts: 1,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
Now ppl try to predict ……..

1. will ashraful play or not ???
2. who will be the next captain ???
3. which player may play 3 consecutive WC’s ?
4. which 4 other players from 2007 squad may retain their place ???
5. which 11 players may make their WC debut’s ???
I think this is a very clever thread, using the past to help predict the future. All just a bit of fun of course. In answer to your questions offstump, I reckon:

1. Ash will play in the next WC but not as captain.
2. Either Shakib or Nafees will be captain.
3. Ash will play his 3rd consecutive WC (I would have said Mash, but had to change my view in light of my answer to 1 above).
4. Razzak, Nafees, Shakib, Tamim.
5. Don't have a clue, but I expect the likes of Dollar mahmud and suhrawardi shuvo to be knocking on the door by then.

It'll be good to revisist this thread in 3 years time...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 4, 2008, 05:40 AM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,269

Can't these crazed world cup enthusiasts wait 3 years?
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 4, 2008, 07:38 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

I think we will see almost the current team in 2011 WC. I remember Ash/Coach/Selectors was referring to '11 WC as an excuse for taking so many young players in the team against SA.

I think Ash will remain in the team even if he doesn't perform well, they will keep the experienced young players untill the WC. Any cut-sut will be after the WC. Even as captain probably, but not so sure about it.
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 4, 2008, 07:48 AM
riad's Avatar
riad riad is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 257

Why Ash won't play in 2011?
According to your theory #1? But Ash was not captain in last WC.!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
First let’s have a look at the 3 previous squad and their ages at that moment

World Cup 1999, England: Aminul Islam (31) (c), Akram Khan (31), Enamul Haque Moni (33), Faruk Ahmed (33), Hasibul Hossain Shanto (22), Khaled Mahmud Sujon (28), Khaled Mashud Pilot (23) (wk), Manjural Islam (20), Mehrab Hossain Opi (21), Mohammad Rafique (29), Minhajul Abedin Nannu(34), Naimur Rahman Durjoy (25), Niamur Rashid Rahul (24), Shafiuddin Ahmed Babu (26), Shahriar Hossain Biddyut (23)

Average age: 26.87 (at that time)



World Cup 2003, SA: Al Sahariar Rokon (25), Alok Kapali (19), Ehsanul Haque Sezan (24), Habibul Bashar (31), Hannan Sarkar (21), Khaled Mahmud Sujon (32), Khaled Mashud Pilot (27) (c/wk), Manjural Islam (24), Mashrafe Mortaza (20), Mohammad Ashraful (19), Mohammad Rafique (33), Sanwar Hossain (30), Talha Jubair (18), Tapash Baisya (21), Tushar Imran (20)

Average age: 24.27

*** Akram Khan replaced Mashrafe Mortaza Later


World cup 2007, WI: Abdur Razzak (25), Aftab Ahmed (22), Habibul Bashar (35) (c), Javed Omar (31), Mashrafe Mortaza (24), Mohammad Ashraful (23), Mohammad Rafique (37), Mushfiqur Rahim (18), Rajin Saleh (24), Shahadat Hossain (20), Shahriar Nafees (20), Shakib Al Hasan (19), Syed Rasel (22), Tamim Iqbal (18), Tapash Baisya (25)

*** Farhad Reza brought in for Tapash Baisya later

Average age: 24.20


Now here are some interesting stats:

1. No captain from the previous squad has made the next squad.
2. The next captain made his world cup debut in the previous squad.
3. Only one (1) player has made it into 3 consecutive squads. (Mohammed Rafiq)
4. Only five (5) players played in both 1999 and 2003 (Sujon, Pilot, Manjural, Rafiq, Akram)
5. Again only five (5) players played in both 2003 and 2007 (Bashar, Mortaza, Ashraful, Rafiq, Tapash)
6. from the second world cup one player has to be replaced for injury
7. 11 players have made WC debut in each WC except the 1999
8. the average is decreasing


Now considering the stats given above here are some predictions on the 2011 squad

1. ashraful won’t be playing in the 2011 squad
2. The next captain will be from one of those who made WC debut in 2007 (Razzak, Aftab, Javed, Mushfik, Rajin, Nafees, Shakib, Rasel, Shahadat, Tamim.
3. Only one player may play 3 consecutive WC and its from Bashar, Mortaza, Ashraful, Tapash. Now bashar has retired. According to condition 1 ashraful won’t be playing. So it could be either tapash or mashrafe.
4. Only 4 others players (except the one who will be playing 3 consecutive WCs) will play 2 consecutive WCs. That is only 4 from Razzak, Aftab, Javed, Mushfik, Rajin, Nafees, Shakib, Rasel, Shahadat, Tamim will be in the 2011 WC.
5. Also one player will get injured and there will be new replacement.
6. There will be 11 players who have not played WC before. One of them could be a late replacement.
7. the average age may decrease slightly.

ONETHING I could not find out is how many players made their ODI debut in the WC.

Now ppl try to predict ……..

1. will ashraful play or not ???
2. who will be the next captain ???
3. which player may play 3 consecutive WC’s ?
4. which 4 other players from 2007 squad may retain their place ???
5. which 11 players may make their WC debut’s ???
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 4, 2008, 08:04 AM
fwullah's Avatar
fwullah fwullah is offline
First BC Member
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Posts: 6,545

2. Aftab also has a distinct possibility to captain the BD team at some point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
I think this is a very clever thread, using the past to help predict the future. All just a bit of fun of course. In answer to your questions offstump, I reckon:

1. Ash will play in the next WC but not as captain.
2. Either Shakib or Nafees will be captain.
3. Ash will play his 3rd consecutive WC (I would have said Mash, but had to change my view in light of my answer to 1 above).
4. Razzak, Nafees, Shakib, Tamim.
5. Don't have a clue, but I expect the likes of Dollar mahmud and suhrawardi shuvo to be knocking on the door by then.

It'll be good to revisist this thread in 3 years time...
__________________
I wish we could beat Australia in a Test Match!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 4, 2008, 10:16 AM
abu2abu abu2abu is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 4, 2007
Location: Paris
Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed
Posts: 1,414

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
2. Aftab also has a distinct possibility to captain the BD team at some point in time.
That's an interesting idea, I hadn't thought of that. I think Rajin would make a good captain in the future but of course he's not viewed as much of an ODI player.

Mushfiq could be an outside bet some time in the future to, he certainly has plenty of captaincy experience for one so young!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 4, 2008, 10:36 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,215

Here is an idea. We set a new trend. 2011 WC, will not follow the trend of Past BD WC teams.

This can happen.

1. We may as well retain more than 5 in 2011.
2. Multiple players may play three or more WC in a row.
3. Average age may decrease significantly but the players combined would have more experience in terms of games played than the previous WC.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; April 4, 2008 at 10:43 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 4, 2008, 10:39 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

umm.i think u forgot that ash wasn't our captain during the world cup..
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 4, 2008, 02:36 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Those times are gone, when 11 players used to debut in WC, those days probably will never be back
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 4, 2008, 04:51 PM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,848

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Those times are gone, when 11 players used to debut in WC, those days probably will never be back
Insha Allah
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 4, 2008, 05:22 PM
LateCut's Avatar
LateCut LateCut is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 4, 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,371

World cup 11? That is easy.

1) Kachra Ahamed
2) Pocha Mohammad
3) Aloo Patole
4) Apel Ali
5) Kachoo Mian
6) Baloo Shah
7) Garome Khan
8) Aloo Bhokhari
9) Shabje Ali
10) Mastan Choudhury
11) Boka Lashkar

You do knot know them yet. However, they are currently playing para cricket. There are soon going to discharge flashes of talent, catcth BCB's attention and will be immodiately drafted into the national team just prior to the tournament.
__________________
"....no victory or loss is final. They will compete again tomorrow and there will be another shot at redemption." Sambit Bal
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 4, 2008, 06:36 PM
Niceman70 Niceman70 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 30, 2005
Location: NYC, USA
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 480

its gonna be different in this world cup and atleast 7 players from the pak series will be in the squad. I'm not predicting but feeling it.
__________________
Those who still have their parents living please don't forget to do your best to your parents. Cause you never know when the opportunity will be gone.-- Warwolf
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old April 4, 2008, 07:47 PM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
2. Aftab also has a distinct possibility to captain the BD team at some point in time.
Aftab? They guy barely has any responsibilities of his own. Let's face it - he's an excellent batsman when he's on song, but his attitude is just too laid-back to lead a team. Nathan Astle of New Zealand never got a chance lead his team for the same reason.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old April 5, 2008, 02:18 AM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,848

3 years e koto ashbe jabe.

BD selectors ra holo shob chaite osthir chitto
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old April 5, 2008, 02:34 AM
cricket_pagol's Avatar
cricket_pagol cricket_pagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 20, 2004
Location: Indiana
Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib
Posts: 6,013

I really don't see Ashraful as captain in 2011... Ashraful is too carefree and lacks responsibility.
__________________
Win Or Lose - We are ALWAYS with you BANGLADESH
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old April 5, 2008, 09:11 AM
Razi's Avatar
Razi Razi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 8, 2008
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 4,684

My prediction is at least 10 players from the current team will be in the squad for 2011 WC but I am sure at least 7-8 players will stay no matter what the sequence of other WC shows...!!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old April 5, 2008, 10:06 AM
jisaan's Avatar
jisaan jisaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 14, 2004
Location: Nijhum Dwip
Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Posts: 4,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
Now ppl try to predict ……..

2. who will be the next captain ???
3. which player may play 3 consecutive WC’s ?
4. which 4 other players from 2007 squad may retain their place ???
5. which 11 players may make their WC debut’s ???
let me predict:
2. my grandfather will be the next captain... he hasn't played in the last wc.
3. why only 3 consecutigve ones? i've playing in the wc since 1987 (in my dreams, though)
4. depends on whether durjoy-rafiqul-akrams retain their places and golla wouldn't retire by then
5. i have to wait for my twins to complete the numbers. (would be getting married soon...)
__________________
Bangladesh's Win (agt any team) = 100% Joy
India's Loss (agt any team) = 100% Joy
So, only opportunity for me to double my joy is when Bangladesh BEATs India!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old April 5, 2008, 10:34 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

i predict that our current academy team players will take over some current players
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old April 5, 2008, 10:50 AM
Nafis_BD's Avatar
Nafis_BD Nafis_BD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 2, 2006
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (Canada)
Favorite Player: BD Team Players
Posts: 3,446

No need to worry. By the next WC I will be playing for Bangladesh Inshallah!!!
__________________
Cricket couldn't be changed without changing it's character, and to us, who hold the game dear to our heart, character is everything -Modified by Nafis
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old April 5, 2008, 11:08 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
No need to worry. By the next WC I will be playing for Bangladesh Inshallah!!!
Another Nafis !

Pick your name for ICC record book.

Nafis Sr. (Senior)
Nafis Jr. (Junior)
Nafis Min (Miniature)

__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old April 5, 2008, 11:27 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,371

thnx to those who found out ash was not the captain
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket