facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 12, 2008, 02:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Pakistani Media and Tour

It is normal that after dismal performance in the field, any team managment can expect to be grilled by the sports journalists. Bangladesh Team is no exception to this rule. However I dont like the tone of pakistani media at all. First they said that BD is worst than Zimbabwe by analyzing only the first match, where they should have been more vocal about Pathetic Organisational Capacity of PCB more than the result of the game. I doubt after the electricity issues, even the best of Australia would have had ability to chase total with asking run rate of almost 10 and 3 top order already back to the dressing room.

Pakistan media seemed to forget that by touring pakistan we are doing a BIG favour to them, albeit we have our own interest and gain from the tour. But given that we are the lowly ranked side in the world cricket, a team who is developing, we showed the courage to tour a "country with "pathetic" sicurity condition" which clearly Aussies didnto want to tour (or even indians in that matter or any other team). They should be bit more grateful to BCB and bangladesh Cricket team for the tour and helping PCB to prove that pakistan is in deed a safe country to visit. Instead they are acting as if they are missing Aussies a lot (albeit they would have been whitewashed or at best lose both test and ODI series agains Aussies).

from the inception of Test Status, How much help did Pakistan lend to bangladesh team in their plight to develop. rather it was on to bangladesh to prove twice that Pakistan is indeed a safe country to visit.

its about time that pakistan media does a reality check. I am no way suggesting that they be benign to us for our dismal field performance. But they should ask few questions to themselves, and stop crying over aussies, for clearly it is failure of Pakistan that Aussies refused to tour the country.

Pakistan media is acting as if Bangladesh has promised to match pakistan for every ball by ball and run by run. Clearly they are forgetting that as a senior member of test family, they clearly have more responsibilities in developing the game.

on this note, i am getting even more pissed off to see the new leaders of ICC (including Indian board) destroying the very essence of the game. Power in Cricket Politics was much better balanced under England and Aussie leadership with subcontinent crying for more role and influence (with some exception) or even during the early days when this balace of power was shifting towards subcontinent.
Old April 12, 2008, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

I was bothered too by those high nose bunch of Idiots and their attitude towards us while we are favoring them to visit in at highly risk situation. They should have conveyed some gratitude instead.

Last edited by Shaan; April 13, 2008 at 03:06 AM..
Old April 12, 2008, 03:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: D.Steyn & G.Smith

on this note, i am getting even more pissed off to see the new leaders of ICC (including Indian board) destroying the very essence of the game. Power in Cricket Politics was much better balanced under England and Aussie leadership with subcontinent crying for more role and influence (with some exception) or even during the early days when this balace of power was shifting towards subcontinent.[/QUOTE]

i agree on this. indian cricket board and fans are nothing but selfish, all they will do is think about themselves. i swear if BCB starts controlling ICC..like if an indian official ever becomes the ICC head..i will stop watching cricket
Old April 12, 2008, 04:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlehead
on this note, i am getting even more pissed off to see the new leaders of ICC (including Indian board) destroying the very essence of the game. Power in Cricket Politics was much better balanced under England and Aussie leadership with subcontinent crying for more role and influence (with some exception) or even during the early days when this balace of power was shifting towards subcontinent.[/QUOTE]

i agree on this. indian cricket board and fans are nothing but selfish, all they will do is think about themselves. i swear if BCB starts controlling ICC..like if an indian official ever becomes the ICC head..i will stop watching cricket
BCCI not BCB
Old April 12, 2008, 06:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: D.Steyn & G.Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
BCCI not BCB
oops sorry, yeah i meant BCCI
Old April 12, 2008, 08:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Pakistan media is crap.

Sometimes they are worse than Indian medias.
Old April 12, 2008, 08:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Mate when you play as bad as we did in the first ODI people will talk. So chill. Just show it on the field and they will shut up automatically.
Old April 12, 2008, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Forgot Mandira already??
Old April 12, 2008, 09:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Forgot Mandira already??
You reminded me of that *****.
Old April 12, 2008, 09:47 PM
Club Cricketer

With current situation in Pakistan, I dont think they will get to host the Champion Trophy in October, most likely will be shifted to Sri Lanka due to Security reasons. Its also sad, that they are the co-hosts of 2011 World Cup with Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and India. I wonder if their security and wonderful electricity system will be up to the par for the World Cup.
Old April 12, 2008, 09:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Pak media is horrible.

BCB Mgt should ask them "if you cannot secure floodlight from load sheding why even bother to arrange D/N insted of regular one"
Old April 12, 2008, 10:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

wish someone could slip it to ashraful and he could read it over.
Old April 12, 2008, 10:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

i sent an email to cricinfo asking if they could publish this article on their website for the betterment of the world cricket. Such actions from an international media is highly unacceptable. Lets see if cricinfo is a fair website or simply support the giants..
Old April 13, 2008, 01:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Read this article from prothom alo

They are making fun of the Pakistani media people. Pak media people ask the question in urdu and our media ppl answer it in English then they ask please, talk in urdu

I loved it.

Maather Bairer Pakistan
Old April 13, 2008, 02:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Read this article from prothom alo

They are making fun of the Pakistani media people. Pak media people ask the question in urdu and our media ppl answer it in English then they ask please, talk in urdu

I loved it.

Maather Bairer Pakistan
I read that this morning. Typically infuriating stuff from our so called brothers.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 13, 2008, 03:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

lol. they sholdn't reply in urdu or hindi.
Old April 13, 2008, 03:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Pak media BD cricket team ke kono pattai dei nai......and our boys have failed to reply to that

Inshallah today
Old April 13, 2008, 03:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
lol. they sholdn't reply in urdu or hindi.
They will reply with a COMPREHENSIVE win today, Inshallah !
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 13, 2008, 03:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I N S H A L L A H
Old April 13, 2008, 03:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

sigh.. article tar sesh ta pore buke ekta mochor dilo.

"Pakistanis didn't build up these cities with their own, but our blood and money"...
Old April 13, 2008, 03:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
amin. allah sohae houn..
Old April 13, 2008, 03:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

[Bigoted comments excised : please read A.1.4 of the forum rules]

Last edited by Zunaid; April 15, 2008 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: Violation of A.1.4
Old April 13, 2008, 04:32 AM
Test Cricketer

excellent article. i sent the links to some of my friends who speaks urdo with their pakistani friends. The thing is, they are great friends to me. But i hate the fact that they speak urdo with our pakistani friends and co workers. i don't really know how aware them.
Old April 13, 2008, 04:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
excellent article. i sent the links to some of my friends who speaks urdo with their pakistani friends. The thing is, they are great friends to me. But i hate the fact that they speak urdo with our pakistani friends and co workers. i don't really know how aware them.
Hi there Sunny, how are things in BKK bro ? Crowded with a lot of Bangladeshi black money from what I hear ...

Anyway, here's a story: whenever my late father, the former Bangladeshi Ambassador to France, Spain and Morocco, was spoken to in Urdu by Pakistani diplomats during his mission, he always responded in Bangla.
Old April 13, 2008, 05:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

yupp pakistani media are rubbish