facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 19, 2008, 07:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default Simple question- Does our motherly love spoil the boys?

Mothers are the biggest shelters for the children. They are always there to help the kids. Moms just cannot stop thinking about the kids' welfare. Whatever you do, your mom just cannot get away from you.

Yet some self educated moms are there who knows how to teach the kids. They know when to show affection, when to be hard and when to give punishment. It's all are done for the sake of the children.

Again some moms are there whose love spoils the kids. They tend to be one-eyed for their own kids and are ready to forgive any thing. Pola pan gula jai kore ashuk, maar kase eshe jokhon bole je maa ar korbo na eibari shesh...Ami vul theke shikhkha nitesi... Maa tokhoni kothata bishshash kore fele....And the kids continue to utilize this weakness to validate their evil works..

These days I started to feel that we are like those moms who are always there to accept every words from their kids to be true and forgive them on everything and anything. Over last 8 years we are doing the same and thinking may be this time our kids gonna learn.

Isn't it us who are spoiling the players?

Last edited by WarWolf; April 19, 2008 at 07:56 AM..
Old April 19, 2008, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

we're just sad pathetic people who think the world of these loosers....

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old April 19, 2008, 07:33 AM
Cricket Legend

To a large extent yes.

Bangladesh lacks talent like that Ind, Pak or Sl but even with these talents we would have performed better if selectors had the guts to drop some regular players.

when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.......
Old April 19, 2008, 09:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.......
Ditto.
Old April 19, 2008, 11:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

there isn't any accountability...and that can't happen unless you have a capable back up system, which we didn't have 2-3 years ago.

for example, our lineup then was:

1) JO
2) Hannan
3) Bashar
4) ash
5) rajin
6) mushfique babu
7) pilot
8) rafique
9) chacha
10) mortaza
11) tapash

so this squad got killed mostly, was much lower in talent than the current ODI team, yet still managed to beat a couple of big teams with poor captaincy. there was just that miniscule amount of talent to get the odd upset. win 1 in 10 or 1 in 15 games.

when someone messed up in that lineup, it was usually due to inability. JO, rajin, hannan, babu, etc where players who just lacked ability. whether they threw the wicket away or not really didn't make a difference. of course ash was ash, but if he messed up, who would you substitute him with? alok? tushar? dickens? that would be just as bad if not worse. the result would inhibit us from making such a move.

nowadays, the XI is far more skilled at least in inherent abilities:

1) tamim
2) junaid
3) aftab
4) ash
5) sakib
6) riyad
7) dhiman/rahim
8) mash
9) razzak
10) rasel
11) rajib

yet with all that skill or talent, comes immeasurable heartbreak and idiocy. why? because there is no accountability. the current bunch are too young to understand the gravity of what they've been given. youth does that, and that is why it is such a precarious thing. we always want to talk about how so and so has played 100+ matches and for 5 or more years, they should know what to do. knowing what to do, and understanding with wisdom are completely different things. this is reason why leaders of anything are usually older men. otherwise, any tom dick or harry with talent would come in and be the CEO of a fortune 500 company just because he's a 28 year old graduate of Harvard business school. sorry but the world just doesn't work that way.

now let us look at the backup situation for our main XI:

we have guys like SN, rajin, nafees iqbal, alok, and a few guys who have yet to make their int'l debuts. the stupidity of one player, like ash, can be dealt with because he can be replaced with little to no negative effect on our overall team performance. in fact, we may be better off in the short term with increased performance. right now we have a bunch of guys who basically have a blank check - no matter how you mess up, come next tour, you'll be needing a visa. this has to change, and it hasn't simply because we didn't have the capital to invest in it. we are starting to have that now. the situation is far from ideal, but we can get a start, and if we do, then we will be better off for it starting immediately.

only question is will the think tank have the cojones to pull the moves?

how can they not?
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Old April 19, 2008, 11:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

yet with all that skill or talent, comes immeasurable heartbreak and idiocy. why? because there is no accountability. the current bunch are too young to understand the gravity of what they've been given. youth does that, and that is why it is such a precarious thing.

now let us look at the backup situation for our main XI:

we have guys like SN, rajin, nafees iqbal, alok, and a few guys who have yet to make their int'l debuts. the stupidity of one player, like ash, can be dealt with because he can be replaced with little to no negative effect on our overall team performance. in fact, we may be better off in the short term with increased performance. right now we have a bunch of guys who basically have a blank check - no matter how you mess up, come next tour, you'll be needing a visa. this has to change, and it hasn't simply because we didn't have the capital to invest in it. we are starting to have that now. the situation is far from ideal, but we can get a start, and if we do, then we will be better off for it starting immediately.

only question is will the think tank have the cojones to pull the moves?

how can they not?
Some good points Asaad bhai. But to be frank I don't think any thing positive will happen at all. This tour is just like another tour to BCB. After the tour they will forget to everything about it..
Old April 19, 2008, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Over last 8 years we are doing the same and thinking may be this time our kids gonna learn.

Isn't it us who are spoiling the players?
Do we have a choice? These are the best we got.

Bottom line - we won't do well until the average age of the squad goes up by a good few years. As of now, we can't do much other than wait, and put our heads down and do what we have to in the meantime.
Old April 20, 2008, 12:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Do we have a choice? These are the best we got.

Bottom line - we won't do well until the average age of the squad goes up by a good few years. As of now, we can't do much other than wait, and put our heads down and do what we have to in the meantime.
IMO we won't do well until the average of the players in shorter and longer versions (first class and list A) goes up at least above 35. We cannot expect a player to do well in international level who has averages below 30. A good example is Junaed. His first class average is 27.18 and list A average is 25.26. Isn't it too much asking to want a consistent from him?

Same goes true for Aftab and Ashrafoool as well.
Old April 20, 2008, 11:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Eden kapor khule ei summer er dupure Dhaka stadium er shamle dar koiria rakha uchit. Morons!!!!!
Old April 22, 2008, 11:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Are we being too polite to JS? He is taking vacations like anything... The best time to work with the findings of a tour is just after the tour... He seems to go to Aus after every tour. I wonder what the deal is between BCB and JS about this matter...
Old April 23, 2008, 01:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

mayer ador baddd.

ebar laagbe babar shashon
Old April 24, 2008, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

do we really have a choice?? when they have a bad performance.. what are we supposed to do?? bcb won't replace players like ash and aftab even when they've been underperforming for soooooo long.. we can't just stop watching cricket.. can we?? so we just try to forget that particular series and hope for the best in the next series.. when that arrives.. our golden boys underperform again.. then what.. we forget that series and move on to the next.. and the process continues.. its like the watercycle.. it all comes back to the same thing..

but yes.. our motherly love is spoiling these boys.. they don't think its necessary to perform.. coz they know that fans will still stick to them..i just wish we could change all this and make those guys realise its not so.. and if they don't perform.. they'll be replaced.. BUT HOW??
Old April 24, 2008, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak
do we really have a choice?? when they have a bad performance.. what are we supposed to do?? bcb won't replace players like ash and aftab even when they've been underperforming for soooooo long.. we can't just stop watching cricket.. can we?? so we just try to forget that particular series and hope for the best in the next series.. when that arrives.. our golden boys underperform again.. then what.. we forget that series and move on to the next.. and the process continues.. its like the watercycle.. it all comes back to the same thing..

but yes.. our motherly love is spoiling these boys.. they don't think its necessary to perform.. coz they know that fans will still stick to them..i just wish we could change all this and make those guys realise its not so.. and if they don't perform.. they'll be replaced.. BUT HOW??
I think this is the toughest question to answer in this world...!!!
Old April 24, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Bhalobashar Joy
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old April 24, 2008, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Not sure if it's motherly love ...it might be wives' love
Old April 24, 2008, 03:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Not sure if it's motherly love ...it might be wives' love
Interesting analogy... Care to share?
Old April 24, 2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Are we being too polite to JS? He is taking vacations like anything... The best time to work with the findings of a tour is just after the tour... He seems to go to Aus after every tour. I wonder what the deal is between BCB and JS about this matter...
Unfortunate, but he is utilizing and exploiting the "..." BCB. I see lack of commitments from every parties...
Old April 24, 2008, 09:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

We are not spoiling them. They are spoiling themselves
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]