facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 17, 2008, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

this is not right time for Sakib to consider himself as captain, the time he is just starting to do justify himself by performing well. Suggesting him to be captain for national team will cause huge impediment on his batting for sure. Cause right now with no pressure he is performing freely, but as captain lots of pressure form various angles will cause him unsettled batting performance.

Let him give few more years if its become habit of good batting performance then perhaps he can be consider as a captain in future. But the time is not now definitely!
Old April 17, 2008, 02:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Sakib, Anamul

please no, i beg u man. dont make him the captain yet. let him enjoy and be natural as he is for some time.
Old April 17, 2008, 02:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
One, or even two swallows doesn't make the whole summer. He's got a long way to go. Presently, Moyna Asraful ke apni koira kotha koy. He's considered a junior in the team. He does not have a position of any authority.

One the other hand, we bc members have a history of asking to make someone a captain. Here are some similar ones from the past.
Very reasonable post Billah bhai. Your post shows us how flickering minds we, the fans, possess. Some times we are more inconsistent than the players.
Old April 17, 2008, 02:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

I actualy wanted Sakib to be captain before Ash even became captain. But when I think about it, Sakib is a tad bit too young to take the responsibility. SN gets my vote to be captain any day, but the thing is most of the time he isn't in the team and is out of form.
We have had many Batsmen as captains, and after they take the captaincy they fail badly. So if we all of a sudden got to vote the democratical way on " who should be our captain?" then I would vote for MAshrafee. lets give a bowler a chance.
But i believe Sakib is our future captain.
Old April 17, 2008, 04:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayem
Hear we go again.....our stupid nature will never change....Reaz Miah, u are just as bad as BCB...Bottom line is that BD are just not good enough because of this nonsense and who ever is the captain/ coach, it wont make BD win more regularly unless they look for term development in BD and stop fastracking players....
Would've not agree more you are spot on, look what bcb done to ashrafool's batting by making him a captain. Sakib is learning and trying to play sensibly so we should let him play free of any pressure.
Old April 17, 2008, 07:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
I actualy wanted Sakib to be captain before Ash even became captain. But when I think about it, Sakib is a tad bit too young to take the responsibility. SN gets my vote to be captain any day, but the thing is most of the time he isn't in the team and is out of form.
We have had many Batsmen as captains, and after they take the captaincy they fail badly. So if we all of a sudden got to vote the democratical way on " who should be our captain?" then I would vote for MAshrafee. lets give a bowler a chance.
But i believe Sakib is our future captain.
At the moment not a lot of our players warrant a place in the first eleven with their individual performance. BCB had sent SN for leadership/captaincy camp. He has also led our under 19 team. Definitely he has the potential- but he first has to cement his place in the team both one day and test.
Mashrafee has some characteristics of a good captain- he is admired by all, he leads by example and is a fighter with ball, bat or in the field. But still i am not sure if he is captain material. Also dont forget his injury proneness.
Not much of a choice actually other than Ashraful. Lack of seniority. Almost like we are missing two generations of players.
Old April 17, 2008, 08:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Here is my proposal.

Yes he is old. But I believe he is still better than all of the batsmen we have. Can Siddons be our coach and captain please? He don't have to play the game. Just take the title. Let the VC lead the team.

Phew!! I said that. Done!! And if you don't like Siddons then I propose a free citizenship to Steve Waugh. The best there was and will be. Waugh can also just take the title and not be in the field if you wish.
Old April 17, 2008, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

A captain has to be on the field with his team, cannot lead from the boundary line.
Everyone is slamming Ash for bad captaincy. does anyone know for sure if he really wanted to be captain? Or is there is any one at the moment to fill that role? Being made a captain is a huge responsibility, many good players have collapsed under this added burden and the same thing is happening to Ashraful.
As some members have suggested here that he should step down, stop to think what will happen if he does this? You cannot change captains on a rotation basis, gives no stabilty to the team. Bashar became a captain in his late twenties, rode on the success and performance of his players without he himself shining.
It is one year since the world cup was played and the team is changing, new young players are competing for places in the National team, also new coach. Miracles do not happen overnight

I am not making excuses for Ash, but am looking at the whole situation in a practical manner as to what is the best solution at the moment. Ash has not completed one year of captaincy yet. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that captaincy is destroying Ash as a batsman, he can play all the strokes in the book, I can still remember his brilliant innings in 20/20 world cup when he and Aftab put on that 100 runs partnership to give BD victory.SAKIB has a good temperament and is a promising player for BD, why spoil his future when it is now blossoming.?
To besides I read somewhere that he wants to complete his studies.
Anyhow, it is not members here who have the final say, it is with BCB.

Last edited by zainab; April 18, 2008 at 06:52 AM..
Old April 17, 2008, 09:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

shakib er captain hoar aro onnkkk bochor baki..agge ash ber to hok..
Old April 17, 2008, 09:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Why we cannot compare Ash with Sakib...

- Some people shine under pressure some shrinks under pressure

- Some people can quickly adjust to new environment, others cannot change so easily to new environment

- Some people are good learner and some are not.

- Some people are more matured than their age, some are less matured than their age

- Some people worked really hard to get something in life, some were born with silver spoon

- Some people get it, some people really doesn't get it easily

- Some people still not spoiled by early fame, some are really spoiled by real early fame.

- Some people are less skillful and really have to earn it and thereby appreciate it, some people are more skillful and can get things without much effort and thereby less apreciative what they are getting.

I am not sure we can already say that Ash is a failure as a Captain. But for the sake of argument, if we say that, that doesn't mean that just Ash was a failure as a Captain, Shakib will also be failure as a Captain. They are two differenty types in terms of intellegence, skills, matutily, early age preparation, exposure to proper training in early age, exposure to fame, etc.

I see all indication that Sakib will be a decent Captain.
Can I guarantee it? Sorry I cannot. We have to take that calculated risk to find out.

Should we wait? Sure, why not if we can affort to wait couple of more years.

Do you rather want Pilot, Bashar? No way. I would rather have Ash (or some one lese in the team) instead.

How about Mashrafee? I don't feel comfortable with Mashrafee. His long term form is questionable now a days. Plus like any fast bowler, he is injury prone and I prefere to roatate our bowlers to keep them fresh and healthy. Additionally I don't think he is a Captain material. I need to see him more leading local team, team-a before I feel more comfortable about him.
Old April 17, 2008, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

Razzak would be good choice
Old April 17, 2008, 09:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
Wait another 8-12 months
EXACTLY!!!
Old April 17, 2008, 10:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

That all depends on when "next" is. If its this year, NO. Somewhere down the line in years to come? Possibly YES.

Sorry to pour a little water on the wild fire that has spread in BC over the few days over Sakib. Let him establish himself in the test line up first before talking about captaincy. Last time I checked, he was batting at a position regarded for bowlers and his troubles with test batting that got exposed in SL last year and continued to this day has to be addressed first. His one day spot is as secured as it can be.

I thought about Mash as being the next captain and I gave my reasonings behind it. We need to get away from batsman captain for a while to give our batsmen the chance to set their feet in intl arena first. They are all too young, too inexperienced and have a lot to learn before we throw additional huge responsibility of leading the team. It has had a detrimental affect on Ash and Bashar before. Once your batting goes, for whatever reason, captaincy suffers as well. A few bad patches, and the pressure is just too much, even for a veteran like Dravid, let alone our young bats who are still not solid enough to hold a place with certainty. Besides, a bowler can just shake off a bad delivery with the next one, unlike a batsman, who can go at any delivery without a chance for redemption.

Sakib can be made the deputy if need be. If Mash needs a rest, he can lead the team in that game, which is a better avenue for job training. Batting captain rarely takes a game off which lessens the chance of his deputy to have total control of a game. Mash has been injury free for a while. Why are we talking in terms of future perceived injury? A batsman can break a thumb any time. Besides, we don't play many test matches any way. Mash should be able to compete in every test match that we play. In ODI's, if we give him a rest, then the VC ( Sakib ) can lead in that game. I think thats a better option. Have a Bowler ( C )- Batsman- ( VC ) combo for this team and keep it that way for a few years, only off course, Ash is removed or steps down..
Old April 18, 2008, 08:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Beamer's spot on as usual.

Bottom-line: Shakib is yet to be a regular in the test team. He can't be captain until he does so.

Mashrafe is probably a good choice. You guys will probably jump on me but I think Ash should be persisted with. He can become a decent captain given time. His batting woes are not connected to captaincy IMO.
Old April 18, 2008, 10:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid

On present form and situation Shakib is an ideal choice to captain Bangladesh.

He is performing superbly with the bat and contributing well with the balll as well.

A captain has to lead from the front. Shakib is leading from the front with two majestic knocks in the third and fourth one dayers.

Unlike Ashraful, Shakib is not an impulsive batsmen. Can graft, slowly build the innings and go for the kill at a later stage.

He has already proved to some extent captaincy material when a BCCB Eleven under his captaincy forced a tie with the formidable South African that toured Bangladesh recently

Tammim who has now blossomed into the most consistent batsman of Bangladesh should be groomed as a Vice captain. He is doing well against all opposition and is also a brilliant fielder.

A captain should lead by example. Both Saqib and Tamim are doing consistently well.

Both are also thinking type, bold and Innovative as exemplified with their broad range of shots .

A talented batsman may not be a successful captain and Sachin Tendulkar is a typical example. Saeed Anwar one of the finest opening batsmen the world has ever seen flopped as a captain when given the opportunity. However he was an opening batsmen of super class and performed exceptionally well when not playing as a captain.

Pakistan took a bold step in selecting their present captain Shoaib Malik ahead of senior players like Yousuf, Shahed Afridi. And Shoaib Malik is doing a pretty good job.

South Africa also chose a young captain in Smith overlooking senor players and he is doing very well.

And most recently Dhoni of India was chosen ahead of others and who has turned out to be an exceptional captain beating the Aussies in their own den .

BCCB/SIDDONS have to act quick to have a turn around.

Also give Ashraful a break. Bring In Imrul Kayes who is doing very well against the South African Cricket Academy team which means he is negotiating pace very well which is a weak area of most of our batsmen.
Old April 19, 2008, 03:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

Ashraful is a not a good captain. cant motivate his team. takes wrong decisions. Cant even keep track of the over rate. I think this position has affected his batting quite a lot.

Remember when Sachin Tend. was captain of Indian he was really horrible.

Maybe Ashraful being stipped off captaincy might do him and the team good.
Old April 19, 2008, 04:15 AM
Street Cricketer

LOL Ashraful always failed as a batsman more often than not! So I dont think his captaincy has affected his batting...He will continue to fail as a batsman with or without his captaincy! The problem with his batting lies in his mind, his mentality...

As for his captaincy..well I do believe he is not the best captain...makes strategic blunders...I would go for Masrafe!

As for Shakib..I would say leave him alone..let him just focus on his cricket..he is young..let him just play cricket without these added responsibilities!
Old April 20, 2008, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

he has the 'brains' and the right attitude to be a captain.

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old April 20, 2008, 08:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Default noooo

It's too early but may be 1 year later we can think about Sakib as a captain but surely he
will start loosing his form.
So,maybe we can also think about Mash bcse for a bowler being a captain doesn't
affect much.
But REAZ I agree about the bttng order to bring Ash at 5 maybe Aft also.
Old April 22, 2008, 05:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Reaz I really like your point here. It just seems the added responsibility might be too much for Ashraful and he might just have to concentrate on his batting rather then being the leader but I think give Ashraful more time. He can became a great captain but needs time to having this responsibility. It also seems Shakib is too young. Give Ashraful 2-3 years and if he cannot be good then give over the captaincy to Shakib.
Old April 23, 2008, 10:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Pleased drop this. pola tarey early TEST khelaiya pray drop kortey gasilen. ekhon 2 ta inning khelsey r he is flower he is rose he is captain... just stop these thread for next 2/3 years.

we just don't want to wait. we want to do every thing right now. and the result...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old April 23, 2008, 03:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Please, NO for Sakib, he is too young and inexperienced. another player will be ruined.

Are you fans joking here? to think about Sakib as captain?
Old April 24, 2008, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

please no.. not yet.. i'm a big fan of moyna.. i really like him.. he's an awesome player.. he just got into good form.. can we not spoil it by putting captaincy pressure on him?? i do see him as the future captain of bd.. but can we wait another year or 2 before we make any decisions?? i don't wanna see sakib's career ruined..
Old April 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Shotti kotha bolte ki ash emneo inconsistent omneo inconsistent, jehetu or team e thaka must tai ori captain hoa uchit. Tai bechara shakib er career ekhoni ruin kore kuno laab ase ki???
Old April 24, 2008, 08:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

oi mia phal para bondho koren. aiz kepten ar kail koiben latthi diya bair koren. aishob bhautabaji koira labh nai...