facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 9, 2008, 04:55 PM
Cricket Guru

When you have very old "Gari"
Shomosha hoi taratari
When you marry
Another expense to cary
Unless otherwise poisa ase kari kari
Tai jene...Amar ak friend decide korlo biya korbe Rich girl shiggiri
nam chilo tar Harry
Got the new car as a "gift" from shoshur Bhari
Din nai Rat nai char pase Shoshur and Shashuri
Eder Jonthronai thik korlo nebe ebar Ari
Mathai asilo buddhi... Harry bole kemni better invest kori
Akon bujilo she je bhul koreche tar kena utich chilo bari
Notun garir jonne Harry korlo biye chere dhilo biri (cigars)
New Garir investment na New Barir investment..Konta better akon ki tar aj boja baki.
Old June 9, 2008, 05:22 PM
Cricket Sage

SS Bhai,

This thread is not about Bou problem, its about car problem, the car... where you can hop in to go from Point A to Point B.... not bou... who you volunteered to carry in your shoulder but cannot get rid of her like sindabader Bura.
Old June 11, 2008, 10:09 PM
Test Cricketer

i'm just afraid that white smoke was coming out and my compressor died. It only happens when i drive 120km plus. Last time my engine shut down while at that speed on the high way, starring got freezed and i was lucky that there was no car at the back. I could park it safely.

For Bangkok highway, 120km is nothing. but now i'm really scared to drive above that.
Old June 12, 2008, 12:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
i'm just afraid that white smoke was coming out and my compressor died. It only happens when i drive 120km plus. Last time my engine shut down while at that speed on the high way, starring got freezed and i was lucky that there was no car at the back. I could park it safely.

For Bangkok highway, 120km is nothing. but now i'm really scared to drive above that.
dump the car dude. No point in worrying about silly smoke coming out. Take Fazal's advice.
Old June 13, 2008, 10:27 AM
Cricket Guru

My AC is not working any more.
Instead of cooling us its giving hot air (aeta ki global warming er jonne naki)
Old June 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
minor problem: fill the ac liquid... its not that expensive. They can test to see the level of the liquid/ac cooling stuff...
major Problem: Fix Ac/compressors etc etc very expensive...

oh Read less Poem to the car this will help it to cool down too
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old June 13, 2008, 01:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
I think you didn't bribe AC enough. Thats why he is realing hot air through his ear.

Look for DC instead.

Kintu ei Military Rule-e AC DC kaaj hobe na. Look for a Army officer instead. And make is he is happy..... every thing will work fine.
Old August 17, 2009, 10:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default My beloved Honda CRV

Changing my car after 5 years. Quite sad to let it go .

Honda CRV (1996): served me very well for that period. I had it imported from Japan.

Why?..because I was curious to learn how everything about car importing works.

Would I import a car again? No for now, process is too lengthy, slightly expensive parts for imported CRV or any other imported car compared to the same car in UK, parts are bit over priced atleast 25% higher. e.g. I had to change part of my CRV's exhaust system which cost £60 pounds more than the same car that was made for UK.

Bought it for £3000 + £ 1900 that included paying the dealer in Japan+shipping cost+shipping tax (that was nearly £500 + UK (SVA)checks which also costs).

Total cost was £4900 which was £500 to £600 less than the same spec car in UK in year 2004.

Next Car: C Class Mercedees Avantgarde (thats the plan). Won't be able to afford a brand new car probably get one which is of year 2002 or 2003
Old August 17, 2009, 11:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Mohammed bhai, C class benz er theke top class Toyota will serve you better

Just my opinion...koitasi because I don't have money to afford one of those. If I did, I'ld probably do the same that you will.
Old August 17, 2009, 12:48 PM
Cricket Sage

yes don;t go for C class, go for A class. C class is like riding in "Third Class" in train.
Old August 17, 2009, 12:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
yes don;t go for C class, go for A class. C class is like riding in "Third Class" in train.
LOL Fazal bhai will always find a funny side.
Old August 17, 2009, 01:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Mohammed bhai, C class benz er theke top class Toyota will serve you better

Just my opinion...koitasi because I don't have money to afford one of those. If I did, I'ld probably do the same that you will.
Toyota was on my list. Mercedes Benz C-Class will hold its value. The value of car in uk depreciate like there is no tomorrow. Toyota may last longer.

Also been driving Japanese car since my last VW Passat about 10 years ago. Its time to change the taste.
Old August 17, 2009, 01:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

I have similar problem as SS with the AC in my Ford Expedition. The AC was working fine until I got the air filter changed while getting the oil change done about 6 weeks ago. Since then the AC takes very long time to cool the air. First 10-15 mins is pretty much like fan and eventually after 30 mins there is some cold air. Could it be improperly replaced air filter or something much worse?
Old August 17, 2009, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Driving at 100 mph (160 km/h): When I crank my 2004 Mazda 3 up to 160, I hear something like a continuous muffled screech - I have tried to figure out where it's coming from, but wasn't able to. I don't think it's a warning mechanism set by the manufacturer, because it sounds sort of mechanical. Then again, it happens exactly when I hit 160 km/hr, so it's kind of confusing.

I don't want to call up my dealer and tell them I'm driving at 160 and given that highways in Canada and the US have a max speed limit of 110km/70mph, I don't mind pushing it down a notch and cruising along at 159 km/hr, but please help me fly like Shoaib Akhtar without the STD, err...I mean...the annoying muffled screech.

Otherwise, I've had this for around a year now and I'm happy with the performance so far. Looking at the records, it seems like the girl who owned it (the first owner) before me had it well maintained.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Your problem is not your Mazda 3. Your problem is that you need to fly.

So I suggest, you get a Dash 8.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Driving at 100 mph (160 km/h): When I crank my 2004 Mazda 3 up to 160, I hear something like a continuous muffled screech - I have tried to figure out where it's coming from, but wasn't able to. I don't think it's a warning mechanism set by the manufacturer, because it sounds sort of mechanical. Then again, it happens exactly when I hit 160 km/hr, so it's kind of confusing.

I don't want to call up my dealer and tell them I'm driving at 160 and given that highways in Canada and the US have a max speed limit of 110km/70mph, I don't mind pushing it down a notch and cruising along at 159 km/hr, but please help me fly like Shoaib Akhtar without the STD, err...I mean...the annoying muffled screech.

Otherwise, I've had this for around a year now and I'm happy with the performance so far. Looking at the records, it seems like the girl who owned it (the first owner) before me had it well maintained.
I see you license getting suspended and car being impounded soon if you keep doing this. If you go 50 over the speed limit( which is 100 kmp) they impound your car and suspend your license on the spot. I know of one guy whose car was impounded and his license suspended because he was going 130 in an 80 kmp highway. Another story: me and friend of mine where racing on highway 400 on our way to a cottage, we were drifting like crazy and people were just staring us scared. For some reason I decided to stop while my friend kept going and out of nowhere a ghost(undercover) cop car stopped my friend. He would have suspended his license and the only reason he got saved was because there were too many people in the car and too much stuff that was being transported. At one point the cop even had my friend pinned on the front of his cop car ready to arrest him !!!. All i can say is be careful with the speeding.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:19 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

When I take her to the back leathery seat of my car and we are doing....ahem, the car window gets hazy even with defroster on. Should I open the window a little or is there something wrong with my defroster?

Old August 17, 2009, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
When I take her to the back leathery seat of my car and we are doing....ahem, the car window gets hazy even with defroster on. Should I open the window a little or is there something wrong with my defroster?
Re-upholster with real leather not pleather.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Mohammed bhaiya the C-class is awesome but which one are you buying and AMG?

Asif bhaiya I never heard of that in my life... but then again I am just 15...for some reason the gear box pops up in my head but I dont think the gear box would make a screeching noise....it makes more of a whinning noise...hmmm I am confused!
Old August 17, 2009, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Chacha I didnt know you street race...
Old August 17, 2009, 02:28 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Mohammed bhaiya the C-class is awesome but which one are you buying and AMG?

Asif bhaiya I never heard of that in my life... but then again I am just 15...for some reason the gear box pops up in my head but I dont think the gear box would make a screeching noise....it makes more of a whinning noise...hmmm I am confused!
Nafis eikhane ki koro tumi? Net-ey 90 uthse? naki abar speed gun tweak kore chorai karshazi korteso?..net-e 90 na uthle khobor ase tomar. tomar HaBA uncle birthday bash kortese Ace-er curry niya aar tumi eikhane pechal paro. disappoint korla.

Old August 17, 2009, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Nafis eikhane ki koro tumi? Net-ey 90 uthse? naki abar speed gun tweak kore chorai karshazi korteso?..net-e 90 na uthle khobor ase tomar. tomar HaBA uncle birthday bash kortese Ace-er curry niya aar tumi eikhane pechal paro. disappoint korla.
Ekdom khati kotha, Ashraful er Kingfisher oil er thekeo khati. Shalar net e ball kora chaira internet e gutaguti kortache. Ami coach hoile Dhaka stadium e 40 round douraitey ditam.

Fast bowler Khaled Mahmud Shujon to aar ek din e express fast bowler Khaled Mahmud Shujon hoy nai.
Old August 17, 2009, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Arey bhaiya ami to injured... amar abbu boka dai ami khelar kotha bolle o.... to bolen ami ki kori?
Old August 17, 2009, 02:48 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Arey bhaiya ami to injured... amar abbu boka dai ami khelar kotha bolle o.... to bolen ami ki kori?
Haire khoda. Ajkal kar polara erokom Nonir Putul lutu putu lobongoboti jey ektu kisui hoilei "injured" hoyiaa jay, khekz amra khali paye futbol khelsi, golla choot khelichi, aar tomgore dhora chowa jay na.

Shikho miya shikho!

Old August 17, 2009, 02:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
I see you license getting suspended and car being impounded soon if you keep doing this. If you go 50 over the speed limit( which is 100 kmp) they impound your car and suspend your license on the spot. I know of one guy whose car was impounded and his license suspended because he was going 130 in an 80 kmp highway. Another story: me and friend of mine where racing on highway 400 on our way to a cottage, we were drifting like crazy and people were just staring us scared. For some reason I decided to stop while my friend kept going and out of nowhere a ghost(undercover) cop car stopped my friend. He would have suspended his license and the only reason he got saved was because there were too many people in the car and too much stuff that was being transported. At one point the cop even had my friend pinned on the front of his cop car ready to arrest him !!!. All i can say is be careful with the speeding.
Thanks for the reminder. The street racing law in Ontario is seriously used by the cops. Like your friend, I've heard of an uncle who was driving at 140 and got his car impounded. Apparently it was a 90 km/hr zone...and at 140, he's just hit that 50km over speed limit mark.

Come to think of it, you'ld often find people driving at 140 on 401...which is seriously stupid. 401 has a few construction zones right now with 80 as the highest speed. Even a 130 can get your car impounded.

From a friend of mine who works in Waterloo and commutes from Mississauga, he tells me that 160 is regular on 401 on the way to Waterloo. He tells me that they do it all the time...and know that there's no cop there.

You don't wanna be that one idiot guy who got caught coz the cop just happened to be there that day. Trust me.