facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 12, 2008, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi
Default "I dont have a magic wand"-siddons, juicy interview

check this out guys

http://www.cricketnirvana.com/interv...0080612-6.html

Despite all the misery and failure so far with bangladesh cricket, jamie siddons still believes taking the job as head coach is the best decision he ever took. all together now, aaahhhwww (not)

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad

Old June 12, 2008, 11:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

why is it juicy?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 12, 2008, 11:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Same old stuff. one year almost gone,no sign of definite improvement yet. His two years will probably not end.
Old June 12, 2008, 11:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Sure you do Siddon. Keno Would converted Ash from Afridi Jr into Belim Jr. If that is not magic , then I don't what magic is.
Old June 12, 2008, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobha

Despite all the misery and failure so far with bangladesh cricket, jamie siddons still believes taking the job as head coach is the best decision he ever took.
Despite all the misery and failure so far with bangladesh cricket, Jamie Siddons will be paid $300K every year. All he has to do is to say we suck and then go on a vacation. It's a pretty sweet deal for him. So yeah, it was an excellent decision that he made.
Old June 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
Cricket Sage

siddon er coaching...career down the drain...
Old June 12, 2008, 12:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

JS is the best pondit in the world. He is teaching Ashfool ABCD
Old June 12, 2008, 12:24 PM
Test Cricketer

I don't know whats wrong with you guys. Here I see positives inthe interview and you guys only see negatives. You guys are still leaving in the lala-land of BD performance during WC under whatmore.

Here is some food for thought:

* Whatmore had his way with bangladesh team for F-O-U-R long years. Did everything you could possibly think of to take bangladesh team to the place it was, which itself was nothing exceptional.That's all he could master with all his experience being based on subcontinental teams. Than he left us.

* Siddons just started. Not even one year. Not even the same team. There is no mashud, rafique, javed, bashar, rasel; as a matter of fact the average age of the team lingers somewhere around early 20s. He switched from being a coach for the world's best team to being a coach for BD and basically teaching them how to hold a bat and not get killed by a bouncer. He is still in the process of experimenting with the team; which whatmore got to do for four years with less than medicore results.

I refuse to believe that any coach in the world can do anything better than what siddons has done so far. During the time siddons was appointed as coach of BD four other teams also hired coaches; India, Pakistan, Srilanka and W.Indies. All these coaches had one thing that Siddons didn't have; which is an existing strong cricket infrastructure with already world-beating players. How is the absense of players like chanderpaul, dhoni, tendulker, shewag, murulidharan, vaas, yousuf, akmal the other coaches got and siddons didn't, is his fault?

Sorry to break this up to you, but Ash is no tendulker, and Mashrafee is no Vaas.

Yes, he has made some wrong calls; but the truth of the matter is that he really doesn't have any magic wand and any other coaches could have done any better than he has done so far.

I like the way he is approaching the team with a long-term plan. And personally I will take an ashraful who plays consistantly like kallis with low strike-rate than someone like afridi - a "could have been" that never was.

Brave coach! Do your thing, You have my Support!!!
Old June 12, 2008, 12:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Improvement may not be in the scorecard but improvement in shot selection and harping on new shots are there. Bolod'gularey to first'a bujhaitey hobey what they are doing wrong. Double digit score korlei bahadur hoiye jai ei gula. Aj'key Farhar'er line koi silo? Leg'a ball diley tho six-four khabei.
Old June 12, 2008, 01:03 PM
Test Cricketer

One thing I noticed about ashraful in the last two games; was absolutely non-existant in the ashraful we have knwon over the years. Ashraful today was more comfortable in his innings. If you guys go back and look at ashraful's innings over the years you will see that he almost always talks to himself during batting and is very fidgety and uncomfortable in his skin; a sign of a person low in self-confidence.

Slowly with more consistency, his confidence will improve and the team can only benefit from that. We need a captain who leads from the front with confidence and not hit 2 good-looking fours and gets out in the next over and score one fifty every 20 games with an embarrassing average. No that's not what we want.

Also, we scored more than pakistan scored against india. We also played 50 overs, unlike pakistan and india also scored at a slower run-rate against us than they did against pakistan. These are all positives.

Last edited by Blah; June 12, 2008 at 04:13 PM..
Old June 12, 2008, 01:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I like the *new* Ashraful.
Old June 12, 2008, 03:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Asif

Amazing posts blah.
Old June 12, 2008, 03:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

I second that Yasin.

Just out of curiosity....do you think Jamie Siddons by chance reads our post in this forum?
Old June 12, 2008, 03:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
I second that Yasin.

Just out of curiosity....do you think Jamie Siddons by chance reads our post in this forum?
No!! 100% sure!!
Old June 12, 2008, 04:07 PM
Test Cricketer

I am sure siddons has better things to do than to read un-educated, mostly negative comments by very passionate and unreasonably demanding fans of the team. I really hope he doesn't read us.
Old June 12, 2008, 05:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i like the long term plan idea siddons is implementing and i agree it's going to take time to get the improvement everyone wants. i can't deny though that i've been concerned with siddons lack of research and the amount of time he's spent with the team. i don't think he's spent as much time with the team as he should have and although he might have done his research now (not sure whether he has or hasn't) he certainly didn't know much about BD cricket when he first started coaching the BD team.

could other coaches have done a better job? we'll never know.
Old June 12, 2008, 06:14 PM
Test Cricketer

I think coaching the BD team has a differant kind of approach than others, for obvious reasons, regardless of the coach.

Take for example Gary Kisten, he has to have the single most high-paying easiest job in the world. While Gary was good in his days, his job now is to coach a group of living legends. Yes legends, we are talking about Tendulker, Dravid, Shewag, Ganguly, Dhoni, Kumble. What do you teach them, when they most possibly know more than you? Gary has batting coach with Robin Singh (like they need one) and a bowling Coach with prasad. What exactly does he do? If we were to put Gary Kirsten as our coach, he probably would have shot himself by now.

While Coaching bangladesh team -- especially such a young team as the current bunch; not the old more experienced folks Whatmore was lucky to have (remember Khaled mahmud, mashud, Javed, rafiq, bashar, all playing cricket longer than some of our age) -- needs a more hands-on approach. Let alone having a hands-on approach, he is yet to have a set 11-16 players he can work on; and you would think it's the BD team that needs three sets of coach. Not India.

If you really think about it, at the upmost professional level for a coach like Siddons has the daunting task of turning this whole team around 360 degrees -- ALL BY HIMSELF .

A 300k/year doesn't seem that much now, does it?
Old June 12, 2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

First we learn to play, and then we learn to win. That's the law of the Universe. Even Siddons can't violate that law. So let's stop blaming him with so much passion.

Hate is the most determined emotion.

I hope he keeps on running regular batting workshops for the national and A teams.

And the only folks bowling in ODI's should be Mash, Razzak, Rassel, Sakib and an able (given the opposition) and in-form, environment suited 5th bowler.

We need someone to work hard with Shahadat.

Rafique miah...any chance of you coming out of retirement just for ODIs?
Old June 12, 2008, 09:41 PM
Test Cricketer

I also want to point out that, when siddons says that coaching BD team is the best decision he ever made; thats a lot of respect he is giving towards the team and the players. The least we can do is return the respect and give him some time.

Some can argue that Siddons was just being pretentious; but if you followed him around sometime during the games and see his candid reaction (when he is not aware of the camera being on him) you can see his genuine reaction. One incident I can remember from todays game was when shewag almost dropped a catch from BD batsmen by colliding with another fielder. You should have seen Siddons reaction.

That, my friend is the reaction of someone who cares.
Old June 13, 2008, 01:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Blah, how much of that 300K is siddon paying you to talk all this non-sense (the last post)? :p

agree with your previous posts though...We should definitely give Siddons some time. Yeah we are not winning but we are trying out different things, which only means siddon is working (the reason he was hired). Success will take a lot longer...or not come at all...lol...so, everyone just relax ok....

The only problem I have with him is the selection....He is talking about long term change, yet he keeps on taking players like Forhad Reza. I don't think our team will go anywhere with a player like that. I never understood reza's inclusion over shahadat or rasel... I don't think his extra 10 runs with the bat does much if he can't give less than 10 a over when bowling..

Last edited by Orpheus; June 13, 2008 at 01:52 AM..
Old June 13, 2008, 02:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

I have a magic solution for this team, bring back Javed Omar and Habibul Bashar.

Its digusting how a senior test player who has served us for soo many years gets treated for a little bad form. BRING BACK BASHAR!!
Old June 13, 2008, 03:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

One needs to PLAY shots before we talk about anybody's "improvement in shot selection".
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 13, 2008, 03:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
One needs to PLAY shots before we talk about anybody's "improvement in shot selection".
Eh?

Is this about Ashraful? I've not seen either of his innings.
Old June 13, 2008, 05:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Thank - Finally an Interview of Guru Siddons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobha
check this out guys

http://www.cricketnirvana.com/interv...0080612-6.html

Despite all the misery and failure so far with bangladesh cricket, jamie siddons still believes taking the job as head coach is the best decision he ever took. all together now, aaahhhwww (not)
Hello Shobha,

Thanks for opening the thread on JS Interview.

I appreciate your efforts in digging out this one which many of us have been longing for.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!
Old June 13, 2008, 06:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Interview - A goods innings from Siddons

A goods innings from Siddons in terms of the Interview.

Can't complain much. He was spot on .

He is not doing bad either in his guidance of the boys at the recently concluded triangular against Pakistan and India taking into consideration our limitations and the fact we were up against the heavyweights of cricket composed of star studded and world class players with tons of experience and proven results.

I am afraid gradingwise I have to give him a B for the intervew

where B = good (70%–79%)

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!