facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 3, 2008, 06:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: T.I, Shakib and Rasel
BDFlag Nazimuddin

Everyones talking about how awesome Raqibul is but what about Nazimuddin?

He's been around scoring single digits for quiet a while now, but there must be a reason why he is being being kept in the team. At first I thought he was probably some relative of some selector, but during the Sri Lanka game he really showed potential. (he was unfortunate to get run out ... I think we were looking at a big score if he hadn't gotten run out)

So this is a thread to discuss Nazimuddin. What we know about him, and what we expect from him in the future

Nazimuddin run out (Kapugedera/Mendis) 47(runs) 78(balls) 59(minutes) 7(4s) 1(6s) 79.66(strikerate)

As for me, I think he is the biggest player to watch out for against Pakistan tomorrow

Old July 3, 2008, 06:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaner
Everyones talking about how awesome Raqibul is but what about Nazimuddin?

He's been around scoring single digits for quiet a while now, but there must be a reason why he is being being kept in the team. At first I thought he was probably some relative of some selector, but during the Sri Lanka game he really showed potential. (he was unfortunate to get run out ... I think we were looking at a big score if he hadn't gotten run out)

So this is a thread to discuss Nazimuddin. What we know about him, and what we expect from him in the future

Nazimuddin run out (Kapugedera/Mendis) 47(runs) 78(balls) 59(minutes) 7(4s) 1(6s) 79.66(strikerate)

As for me, I think he is the biggest player to watch out for against Pakistan tomorrow

I am not a Nazimuddin Hater....but with my limited Cricket Playing Experience I can tell His 47 was a Fluke against Srilanka. His Footwork is HORRIBLE. He Plays on CROSSBAT..Just compare his 12 ODI with Rakibuls 12 ODI....and so on....and tommrow I will slap my self if he scores Double Digit(I would loved to be proved wrong!).....He got a Long way to go fix his batting mechanics
Old July 3, 2008, 07:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

NAzim has had a lot of chances, and he still can not score. His 47 was definitely a fluke I still don't understand why he was in the team after scoring below 10 in three consecutive matches.

I want SN back; I rather have an opener in the team like him who can score 20's more consistently than NAzim who scores below 10 more consistently. Even Zunayed is better than Nazim!!
Old July 3, 2008, 07:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Nazim is definitely a good batsman, things didnt go right on him. InsAllah he will get his form.
Old July 3, 2008, 08:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

In 2008 Against top 8 teams:

Nazim:

5 innings: 85 runs, average 17.00, highest 47.

Nafees:

8 innings: 88 runs, average 11.00, highest 25.

Who is better? SN or Nazim?
Old July 3, 2008, 08:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
NAzim has had a lot of chances, and he still can not score. His 47 was definitely a fluke I still don't understand why he was in the team after scoring below 10 in three consecutive matches.

I want SN back; I rather have an opener in the team like him who can score 20's more consistently than NAzim who scores below 10 more consistently. Even Zunayed is better than Nazim!!
Nafees's highest against Top 8 team is 25 in his last 8 innings. His total runs in this 8 innings is 88.

I think Nazim is more consistent than SN against the better teams.
Old July 3, 2008, 08:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Sakib, Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
In 2008 Against top 8 teams:

Nazim:

5 innings: 85 runs, average 17.00, highest 47.

Nafees:

8 innings: 88 runs, average 11.00, highest 25.

Who is better? SN or Nazim?
Nazim Shaheb is better. I hope he cashes his opportunity today against pakistan
Old July 3, 2008, 08:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Before people go on a complaining rampge they must realize that nazim is not an OPENER even at mediocre dhaka league. Thus he needs time to settle in this new position. I see a lot of potential in him unlike most of you.
Old July 3, 2008, 08:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The guy has talent you can't be this lucky against this duo of pacers + Anjum (3/51 vs India the other day

0.1 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, 1 wide, strays to the leg side again
0.1 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, FOUR, short ball well timed perfect pull to deep mid wicket
0.2 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, no run, fast past the batsman
0.3 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, 2 runs, short of length pulled to mid on
0.4 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, no run, swings past the batsman who just looks at it
0.5 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, no run, defended on the front foot
0.6 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, 1 run, driven to point
Bangladesh 10/0 Nazimuddin 7* (6b 1x4)
1.1 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, no run
1.2 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, no run, short ball but too quick for the batsman to pull
1.3 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, no run
1.4 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, 1 wide
1.4 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, FOUR, short of length and this time the timing was perfect to deep mid wicket
1.5 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, no run
1.6 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, FOUR, lovely cover drive off a half volley
Bangladesh 19/0 Nazimuddin 15* (12b 3x4)
2.3 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, 1 run, driven to mid on
Bangladesh 21/0 Nazimuddin 16* (13b 3x4)
3.1 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, no run, ferocious pace on offer here, its just pace pace and pace for the Pakistanis
3.2 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, FOUR, short of length pulled to deep mid wicket
3.3 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, FOUR, short ball pulled to deep square leg and helped by the pace of the ball
3.4 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, FOUR, short ball cut through point for another boundary
3.5 Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, 1 run, short again and pulled to mid on this time
Bangladesh 34/1 Nazimuddin 29* (18b 6x4)
4.3 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, no run, yorker blocked on the front foot
4.4 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, SIX, strays on the leg side and bang! effortless of the front foot to deep mid wkt
4.5 Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, 1 run, yorker played with an open face to point
Bangladesh 43/1 Nazimuddin 36* (21b 6x4 1x6)
5.1 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, FOUR, edged and Akhtar at second slips misfields that one
5.2 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, no run
5.3 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, SIX, short ball pulled well over deep square leg into the tennis court
5.4 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, SIX, good timing over long on into the car park of a half volley
5.5 Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, FOUR, edged but over the keeper
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old July 3, 2008, 08:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better
Default funny!

just couple of days ago we were saying drop nazim....lol just cuz he scored 47 runs against SL, doesn't determine that he is a good batsman. Dont worry brother tomorrow he will make u angry and might make u wanna change your mind....hahahah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
Nazim is definitely a good batsman, things didnt go right on him. InsAllah he will get his form.
Old July 3, 2008, 09:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Nazimuddin will Max Score 6/7
Old July 3, 2008, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I watched the game against Sri Lanka. He ain't no Raqib, Tamim or even Ashraful. His feet don't move as fluently, he isn't as capable of nudging the ball around, and is an awful puller. He is also tentative in his defense, a trait that could have arisen from the run drought that he's been in, or from the fact that he just isn't good enough. Either way, he has a long way to go.
Old July 3, 2008, 09:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
The guy has talent you can't be this lucky against this duo of pacers + Anjum (3/51 vs India the other day

0.1Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, 1 wide, strays to the leg side again
0.1Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, FOUR, short ball well timed perfect pull to deep mid wicket
0.2Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, no run, fast past the batsman
0.3Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, 2 runs, short of length pulled to mid on
0.4Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, no run, swings past the batsman who just looks at it
0.5Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, no run, defended on the front foot
0.6Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, 1 run, driven to point
Bangladesh 10/0 Nazimuddin 7* (6b 1x4)

1.1Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, no run
1.2Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, no run, short ball but too quick for the batsman to pull
1.3Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, no run
1.4Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, 1 wide
1.4Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, FOUR, short of length and this time the timing was perfect to deep mid wicket
1.5Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, no run
1.6Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, FOUR, lovely cover drive off a half volley
Bangladesh 19/0 Nazimuddin 15* (12b 3x4)

2.3Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, 1 run, driven to mid on
Bangladesh 21/0 Nazimuddin 16* (13b 3x4)

3.1Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, no run, ferocious pace on offer here, its just pace pace and pace for the Pakistanis
3.2Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, FOUR, short of length pulled to deep mid wicket
3.3Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, FOUR, short ball pulled to deep square leg and helped by the pace of the ball
3.4Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, FOUR, short ball cut through point for another boundary
3.5Mohammad Asif to Nazimuddin, 1 run, short again and pulled to mid on this time
Bangladesh 34/1 Nazimuddin 29* (18b 6x4)

4.3Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, no run, yorker blocked on the front foot
4.4Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, SIX, strays on the leg side and bang! effortless of the front foot to deep mid wkt
4.5Shoaib Akhtar to Nazimuddin, 1 run, yorker played with an open face to point
Bangladesh 43/1 Nazimuddin 36* (21b 6x4 1x6)

5.1Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, FOUR, edged and Akhtar at second slips misfields that one
5.2Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, no run
5.3Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, SIX, short ball pulled well over deep square leg into the tennis court
5.4Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, SIX, good timing over long on into the car park of a half volley
5.5Iftikhar Anjum to Nazimuddin, FOUR, edged but over the keeper
Chame Chame Korse....Like Junaid had 71 of 49 ball....but can even make the Team
Old July 3, 2008, 09:13 PM
Banned

Default good point!

very good point braathar JS/NU same style of batting
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I watched the game against Sri Lanka. He ain't no Raqib, Tamim or even Ashraful. His feet don't move as fluently, he isn't as capable of nudging the ball around, and is an awful puller. He is also tentative in his defense, a trait that could have arisen from the run drought that he's been in, or from the fact that he just isn't good enough. Either way, he has a long way to go.
Old July 3, 2008, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitpagla
just couple of days ago we were saying drop nazim....lol just cuz he scored 47 runs against SL, doesn't determine that he is a good batsman. Dont worry brother tomorrow he will make u angry and might make u wanna change your mind....hahahah
or it could me luffing at you hehehe [if he does well ... which he is going to do ]
Old July 3, 2008, 10:59 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

ah he wont last long. SN will definitely be back soon.
Old July 4, 2008, 12:05 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

its too early too predict abt someone's future. I think he will perform tomorrow and seal his place in the team. his domestic record is awsome. this is the first time he is getting lots of chances in a row. Siddons definitely have seen in him, otherwise why he will give him that many chances. Guys be patient and support him. its good to have strong side bench, that will bring healthy competetion.
Old July 4, 2008, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Nazimuddin doesn't even open. The poor guy's been made to get in there and play the new ball, at the same time he's expected to perform. I agree his footwork needs major help...his whole game needs adjustments, but he's able to hit pretty well and score fairly quick. I watched the twenty20 against Pakistan when he scored that 81 which is why I'd prefer to keep him in the team.

- Benjamin Franklin
Old July 4, 2008, 02:25 AM
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner

Some of you guys are really funny! you really do not know against whom you are complaining. You haven't seen anything i really mean anything yet. In very near future not ash, not Raqibul, saqibul, tamim but NAZIM will be your most favourite bd batsman of all time. Only alok will come 2nd of Nazim. I already changed mine...very soon you will change yours favourite. And footwork...thats funny... he will be better than sewag. Now dont come after me. Wait....you will see our next level cricket.

Last edited by Anher; July 4, 2008 at 03:23 AM..
Old July 4, 2008, 05:10 AM
Banned

Default hahahahah

wat did i tell you? he got out today only scored 3 runs shame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaner
or it could me luffing at you hehehe [if he does well ... which he is going to do ]
Old July 4, 2008, 06:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitpagla
wat did i tell you? he got out today only scored 3 runs shame!

i admit defeat to you

detroitpagla
Old July 4, 2008, 08:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Nazimuddin doesn't even open. The poor guy's been made to get in there and play the new ball, at the same time he's expected to perform. I agree his footwork needs major help...his whole game needs adjustments, but he's able to hit pretty well and score fairly quick. I watched the twenty20 against Pakistan when he scored that 81 which is why I'd prefer to keep him in the team.
Really ? That match wasn't on TV, anywhere AFAIK.

This "zenuain ishrok mekar" is at least 5-7 years away from what some hope he can become. I wouldn't bet on it from what I've actually SEEN in domestic cricket and actual broadcasts.

His numbers from our crappola domestic scene mean nothing at the highest level, especially when you ask "just HOW those runs were scored and against what kind of bowling and pitches" ...

He is pure shite in the tradition of Rokon. Look elswhere for Aftab 2.0 bro. NOI ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 4, 2008 at 08:25 AM..
Old July 4, 2008, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

yah nazim is not a natural opener. his batting is more suited to middle order. He is an explosive player and especially against spinners. Bd needs him and aftab both fighting their places into the middle order with Kapali, Raqibul etc.

As for opener, Bd badly needs Junaed and Tamim combination. They complement each other. I think their partnership of around 160 runs against Nz in 2nd test is probably the best ever Bd opening in history. Both are young and will improve with time, we just need to keep them there. As for SN, he should be there as an alternative, he has flaws in his technique but can score a useful 20-30. Both Junaed and Tamim are capable of bigger scores against good opposition.
Old July 4, 2008, 08:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
... As for opener, Bd badly needs Junaed and Tamim combination. They complement each other. I think their partnership of around 160 runs against Nz in 2nd test is probably the best ever Bd opening in history. Both are young and will improve with time, we just need to keep them there. As for SN, he should be there as an alternative, he has flaws in his technique but can score a useful 20-30. Both Junaed and Tamim are capable of bigger scores against good opposition.
Bingo!

I think Abir will do better at # 4 or 5.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 4, 2008, 08:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Both Nazim & Sh. Nf are bad.
The dffrnce is Sh.N with all his exprnce is bhua & Nazim with his short time exprnce is also bhua.
J.Sddq looks bad for ODis so I think it wld be better to get J.Omar Blm back & I'm sure he wld do better than the 3 othrs.