facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 18, 2008, 09:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Strenght of the Australian Inst. of Sports side

since we have a series with the AIS, and some are arguing our performance is less than satisfactory, while others allege the AIS team is reasonably strong. i decided to put the info out in a easy to read manner to aid the discussion.

of course, gowza, james, and ian would be the best judges on the AIS team...

from here it seems that most of the AIS squad have experience, albeit little, playing for top domestic sides. even a county 2nd XI call up is something bangladeshi players don't have.

majority of the players are around our boys ages, and also their FC averages seem similar to ours - bearing in mind the strength of the opposition.

it seems these plauyers would be top players in our domestic setup or even better than that.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old August 19, 2008, 12:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

There a very good side, Most of it's Alumni get the Baggy Green Call Up - Ponting, McGrath etc. Jamie Siddons coached the side before as well.

They've been playing together for 4-5 months now, Finished 2nd in the EPT, Scored 299 vs Tasmania last week ... Look at the Indian Squad they beat, filled with players who all played and did well in the IPL and Some are getting Capped

Indian EP Squad (July 20th) Kohil (Current ODI Squad), Raina (Current ODI Squad), Badrinath (Current ODI Squad), Tiwary (Got Capped vs Australia this year), Gony (Got Capped by Alok Kapali)

NZ EPT had Jesse Ryder and James Franklin
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old August 19, 2008, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

So, now JS apologist is trying to prove that AIS is such strong team that there is no shame to lose against them as they beat Indian EP (Not A) or NZ EP and their alumini is a Ponting, Warne. For God's sake we are a test playing nation and we should beat them 100 out of 100 time convincingly. The same AIS team were beaten by Tasmania a few days ago. And Tasmania is not the strongest team in Aussi set up. Tasman score 290+ is 40 odd overs without their main batsman a Mr Ponting. Scoring 300 odd should not hide that our bowlers are consistently leaking 300 odd in JS era. Barring Cardiff in almost all matches our bowlers won us the match. Not Batsman. JS is pathetic in taking care of the bowlers
Old August 19, 2008, 12:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
So, now JS apologist is trying to prove that AIS is such strong team that there is no shame to lose against them as they beat Indian EP (Not A) or NZ EP and their alumini is a Ponting, Warne. For God's sake we are a test playing nation and we should beat them 100 out of 100 time convincingly. The same AIS team were beaten by Tasmania a few days ago. And Tasmania is not the strongest team in Aussi set up. Tasman score 290+ is 40 odd overs without their main batsman a Mr Ponting. Scoring 300 odd should not hide that our bowlers are consistently leaking 300 odd in JS era. Barring Cardiff in almost all matches our bowlers won us the match. Not Batsman. JS is pathetic in taking care of the bowlers
Wel said.
Old August 20, 2008, 02:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

that team is a lot stronger, moses henriques will be the next superstar of world cricket in the next 5-6 years. He is an awesome all-rounder , way better than shane watson
Old August 20, 2008, 02:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

Forrest got picked for Australia A team
Old August 20, 2008, 06:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoilaheez
that team is a lot stronger, moses henriques will be the next superstar of world cricket in the next 5-6 years. He is an awesome all-rounder , way better than shane watson
this is true, also hill and wade are going to be pretty big in the future, and smith is touted as being immensely talented as well. o'keefe should turnout to be a decent allrounder as well. this team is stacked with batting talented, bowling isn't as strong though.
Old August 20, 2008, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Forrest call up is a big call just had 1 full season,down to the emerging series and form this series.
Old August 21, 2008, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

Quote:
you took the words right out of my mouth..
Old August 21, 2008, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
this is true, also hill and wade are going to be pretty big in the future, and smith is touted as being immensely talented as well. o'keefe should turnout to be a decent allrounder as well. this team is stacked with batting talented, bowling isn't as strong though.
should be something for the pessimists to ponder over...as well as the small ground.

but i'm still afraid of the actual ODI series...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 21, 2008, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

with no Ponting and no Lee in Australia team its going to be easier but since we lost Aftab,Nazimmuddin and Mushfiq this lowers the winning percetage for Bangladesh again.
Old August 21, 2008, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
with no Ponting and no Lee in Australia team its going to be easier but since we lost Aftab,Nazimmuddin and Mushfiq this lowers the winning percetage for Bangladesh again.
Yes, it does. From 0 to - 33 %.
Old August 21, 2008, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
This is a joke right? What was our winning percentage again?
Old August 21, 2008, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
This is a joke right? What was our winning percentage again?
well we have more winning percentage with no Ponting and Lee but no Aftab,Mushfiq and Nazimmuddin our percentage of winning went down.Do you get my point?
Old August 21, 2008, 07:36 PM
Test Cricketer

we shd be proud we gave a fight to AIS
wht a bunch of loosers
Old August 21, 2008, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So, now JS apologist is trying to prove that AIS is such strong team that there is no shame to lose against them as they beat Indian EP (Not A) or NZ EP and their alumini is a Ponting, Warne. For God's sake we are a test playing nation and we should beat them 100 out of 100 time convincingly.
Wow! You are one confident and egotistic gentleman.

Learn to put things in perspective. Practice matches are always opportunities to test your strengths and weaknesses, taking risks that you cannot always afford to take in regular matches.

Why do we always have to label people. "JS apologists" - nice. Sounds so similar to US elections.

When we have our butts exposed, we don't need to worry about dressing nicely; - we just need our butts covered.

I think JS is a stronger coach and a better realist than DW. You can run on pure dream and inspiration only for so long. What JS is doing right now is changing our cricketers' mentality so that they know their place in the world and try to improve it.

So many times we have seen our dear cricketers with slouched shoulders and negative attitude when opposition wickets are not falling. But as soon as a few wickets fall, their body language changes, they perk up. This is inspired play, but not professional. I sincerely hope JS can change this amateur attitude, and I do see signs that he is doing it.

What we are going through is called growing pains. Fickle fans like you need to wisen up.

Old August 22, 2008, 12:38 AM
Cricket Sage

welcome back sauron!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 22, 2008, 01:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

the title of this thread will be measured accurately when we see World club cricket championship just like the European Soccer Club Championship (whatever it is called,i am that knowledgeable in Futbal).

like top clubs from every test playing nation gettin a venue and hold a first class, List A 20/20 etc competition for 4 months once in a four year...now i think that would be mighty interesting...

this would give the "bench warmer players" who cannot enter the national team due to high competition a better opportunity to prove themselves as we often see in not only Bangladesh but with many other countries,"not all domestic performers are good international cricketers".
Old August 22, 2008, 02:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
When we have our butts exposed, we don't need to worry about dressing nicely; - we just need our butts covered.
That's what I thought too. Few convincing wins agains AIS would act as a good covering for the bare butts.

If they were trying to practice some thing that they won't do in real matches, they were looking for nice clothes with bare butts ? in your words.

I don't like to discuss on JS here, We have a bunch of threads on him, but what you are saying about him is just your expectations & dreams, no evidence yet. All JS stats are against your expectation as well.

After all if a team is not allowed to think of winning, I don't see any professionalism in it. If my target was to score 33, getting 100 is a miracle. Lets wait for miracles, though that's not professional either.

Last edited by BANFAN; August 22, 2008 at 10:28 AM..
Old August 22, 2008, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Learn to put things in perspective. Practice matches are always opportunities to test your strengths and weaknesses, taking risks that you cannot always afford to take in regular matches.

Why do we always have to label people. "JS apologists" - nice. Sounds so similar to US elections.

I think JS is a stronger coach and a better realist than DW. You can run on pure dream and inspiration only for so long. What JS is doing right now is changing our cricketers' mentality so that they know their place in the world and try to improve it.

So many times we have seen our dear cricketers with slouched shoulders and negative attitude when opposition wickets are not falling. But as soon as a few wickets fall, their body language changes, they perk up. This is inspired play, but not professional. I sincerely hope JS can change this amateur attitude, and I do see signs that he is doing it.

What we are going through is called growing pains. Fickle fans like you need to wisen up.

Sauran vai, I would not answer in this thread. But make some thing clear. Whatever you think about DW (I also have my gripe against him), he taught us how to win and instill the winning mentality (pls remember after the Bogra win against SL). I do not know what JS instilling but one thing I understand players are claiming good performance when their performance is beyond pathetic. I fail to see any improvement since DW left though he has the core set of players (bar Rafiq) DW's final setting. For you in this thread we could discuss about JS performance and so called improvement.
BTW well come Back. We missed you

Last edited by thebest; August 22, 2008 at 10:55 AM..
Old August 22, 2008, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

my opinion: Dav Whatmore's departure hurt Bangladesh more than a lot... need examples?

in two oncsecutive first test innings we score 89 and 62??? i mean where was Tapash Baisya to score fifties?

in New Zealand 31st DEcember, in a track where you play shots you score 250+, you defend, you score 100, Jamie Siddons taught us to defend, why blame players, the only "intelligent" Batsmen Batting correctly that day was Mohammad Ashraful.

i am thinking Jamie Siddons is not that great of a coach except for some batting improvements compared to Dav Whatmore.i mean Bangladesh has shown how weak and patheitc our bowling lineup is without Rasel and Rafique... i will show you examples:

Bowling averages:

Mortaza: do some stats filtering in cricinfo and include all opposition except those who are not in top8( and his ODI bowling average is 48!)...non-filtered average it looks prety good it's about 30!

Razzak: 37...non-filtered? 26?(But there is still hope since this guy has excellent performances in world cup agaisnt top 8 and not top 8)

Shahadat Hossain: a laughable 64, yep you heard it right? a 64! against top 8, overall stats is close to 40 if i am not right.

that's the reality people, and people keep dreaming!

Shakib, Reza and Others are rookies as bowlers and not much should be expected of them.

Dav was a good bowling coach and a good batting coach maybe Jamie Siddons has an edgein this area than Dav Whatmore but overall, so far from what i have seen, Dav Whatmore is wayyy ahead of JS atm in terms of coaching abilities.

the retirement of Rafique hurt us pretty badly too the 283 we posted in Asia cup had we posted in Dhaka about the same time except 1 year earlier, i guarantee you we would have has a higher chance of victory!

but rest assured, it never hurts to dream, after all it is the players themselves who create their own stats , right?

Last edited by Rifat; August 22, 2008 at 12:36 PM..
Old August 22, 2008, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Same old pachal. DW = popular coach cause gave us win but broke our back and so we are falling sharply just because of a coach change. so whats the solution keep the dreamweaver coach for life time?
Siddons Very unpopular coach cause he doesn't want to win like that (cause if you let ash and aftab play their uradhura game u don't need any coach even i can be the coach and will win 1/2 games here and there when they will click). He wants to win in proper way when it won't matter who the coach is and who is playing.

And those who are saying they don't see any improvement then i would tell them to watch some BD games and u will see if you don't then ask some one or seat with some one who has a strong back ground in cricket, and i am sure they can explain it to you.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old August 22, 2008, 11:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:

What a brilliant post ! Specially the second to last para where you clearly make the distinction in the manner of professionalism or the lack of it. We are a semi-pro team still, in its outlook, body language and mental tenacity. Splendid observation. There is no doubt that the batsmen are finally learning to play in a professional manner. Full marks to JS for introducing the concept. Bowlers take note from the batsmen. If batsmen are told to play with limitations, bowlers also should know their own limitations and bring discipline to their game.

Welcome back BTW..
Old August 22, 2008, 12:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

absolutely agree with what akabir, sauron and beamer bhais!
there are lover bhais, there are hater bhais and there are eterneal sufferer guys (like me and young jalal bhai at the mirpur stadium)!

mod bhais, can the typo on the thread title be fixed without a whole lot of trouble - 'strength'
Old August 22, 2008, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Same old pachal. DW = popular coach cause gave us win but broke our back and so we are falling sharply just because of a coach change. so whats the solution keep the dreamweaver coach for life time?
Siddons Very unpopular coach cause he doesn't want to win like that (cause if you let ash and aftab play their uradhura game u don't need any coach even i can be the coach and will win 1/2 games here and there when they will click). He wants to win in proper way when it won't matter who the coach is and who is playing.

And those who are saying they don't see any improvement then i would tell them to watch some BD games and u will see if you don't then ask some one or seat with some one who has a strong back ground in cricket, and i am sure they can explain it to you.
Is not Result that Count? JS do want to win. But he is incapable of winning. He is loser. His record as batsman would certify that. He has much better record than DW as player but DW was a winner. So he was test crickter JS not. Regarding watching, I hope we were watching same game. Is there any difference between Ash's outs during DW and JS era? AFAIU none. Before it was 20 runs out 10 balls and now 21 out of 50 balls. OOPs Ash's average is lower in JS era than DW era. This includes Ash's extra ordinary performance againest lesser team. How about improvement in bowling? When was the last time we saw bowlers spraying all over during DW era. I forgot. In WC we were one of the most disciplined bowling unit. Now we spray all over. For your information I played with Akram/ Nannu in Chittagong league. I was in the winning team in Chittagong Nirman School Team. So don't ask me about my cricket background. Rather I would ask you seat with some one who has a strong back ground in cricket (For example Sohel Bhai), and i am sure they can explain it to you. Some of us are sold to sweet talking of JS. As I mentioned in other thread, cricket is a game of number and for JS the number does not sound good.