facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 26, 2008, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Siddons Optimistic, Whats up with the Attitude Change ... Rajib Cranking it up

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=52023

Quote:
Bangladesh will get their last chance to get back some confidence ahead of three-match one-day international series against Australia when they meet Northern Territory Chief Minister's XI in a one-day match at the Gardens Oval in Darwin today.

The Tigers have had a forgettable show in the four practice matches against the Australian Institute of Sports (AIS) as they lost three games and won only one.

The bowling of the visitors had no answers against the Academy boys and the batting also gradually lost its way that resulted in a humiliating nine-wicket defeat in the last game.

"It is a worry as you have to take wickets early on and also keep the runs down. If the opposition is 120 in 20 overs then it is almost impossible to get back in the game. We have not hit the right areas and have some work to do before the internationals," said coach Jamie Siddons while speaking to local reporters during the Tigers' training at the Marrara Oval yesterday. Siddons nevertheless believes his bowlers will be back especially after watching pacers Shahadat Hossain and Mashrafe Bin Mortaza hold their own in adverse situations, according to TigerCricket.com.

"Shahadat delivered rockets according to the AIS batsmen and he has been world class. We have a world-class bowler in (Mashrafe Bin) Mortaza and some good spinners. I think they'll be up for it when the ODIs start. After all we are here to play international games and not practice matches," Siddons said.

Vice-captain Mortaza felt everything was not lost in the practice games.

"We had some very good practice against a strong team," said Mortaza adding: "All of our main batsmen got runs at some point. Apart from the last match we made 270, 288 and 316 and that's very encouraging."

Mortaza, one of the three survivors in the present squad from the team that defeated Australia at Cardiff in 2005 was also asked whether another fairytale was possible for the Tigers. "I have to say yes because we have done it before. Whatever the results may be I can say this much that if every player is able to give his hundred percent then we will compete against Australia. We are all keyed up for the big games."

Siddons also thought the Cardiff win would act as a fillip.

"Every now and then the boys who were there pull my leg by reminding me of that win as I was a coach of the Australian team at that time. I am sure they all are eagerly waiting for the series to start."

In a bid to keep him fresh for the ODI series Bangladesh might rest Shahadat who has created quite an impression in Darwin through his pace and hostility.

The Chief Minister's XI, coached by former Bangladesh and GP-BCB National Cricket Academy trainer Shane McDermott and who have in their ranks Western Australia fast bowler Trent Kelly, who will also play in today's match.
Normally he would say we just suck, or point the finger somewhere, he seems to have some hidden arrogence in him right now, Complete 360 from the previous tours.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old August 26, 2008, 05:12 PM

He knows the Tigers better now...
In 2011, the World would know the Tigers better...
Old August 26, 2008, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend

The batting performance is showing upward trend - now we are scoring 250 up more consistently. The comments are following that trend, I believe. What's wrong with it??!
Old August 26, 2008, 06:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

also it's just before the start of a big series, he'd be silly to shoot the players down now. i think his negative comments usually come after the end of the tour like when he said he wasn't surprised that BD lost to pakistan 5-0 it was after the tour had finished, not just before the first match.

also all but one of the 250+ scores that the team has produced (ODIs or 50 over tour matches) have all be from the start of the pakistan series onwards, in the last few months the batting has been producing a lot more 250+ scores than it was in the first few months of siddons being the coach. or a better way to look at it is that from the NZ tour until the start of the pak tour BD batted 12 innings of 50 over matches scoring just one 250+ score, since the start of the pak tour they've batted 16 innings in 50 over matches and produced 6 250+ scores. so they've gone from producing 250+ scores about 8% of the time to producing them about 37/38% of the time, which is an improvement.

on a side note it's very nice to hear about shahadat being pacey and hostile, dissapointing the same wasn't said for mash though.

Last edited by Gowza; August 26, 2008 at 06:22 PM..
Old August 26, 2008, 06:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

doesn't hurt to be optimistic..maybe he is keeping his fingers crossed n hoping for an Eid..so he can go...i told u so..
Old August 26, 2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
"Shahadat delivered rockets according to the AIS batsmen and he has been world class. We have a world-class bowler in (Mashrafe Bin) Mortaza and some good spinners. I think they'll be up for it when the ODIs start. After all we are here to play international games and not practice matches," Siddons said.
Shahadat bowling rocket ... Shahadat bleeding runs ... outcome ... yet to produce a result. The coach got to find something to comment on, hence the name Shahadat on table, nothing to cheer.
Old August 26, 2008, 09:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Normally he would say we just suck, or point the finger somewhere, he seems to have some hidden arrogence in him right now, Complete 360 from the previous tours.
It's actually 180 degree turn, 360 gets you back to where you were!
Old August 26, 2008, 10:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_fanatic
Post of the thread.
Old August 27, 2008, 01:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Shahadat bowling rocket ... Shahadat bleeding runs ... outcome ... yet to produce a result. The coach got to find something to comment on, hence the name Shahadat on table, nothing to cheer.
he's still been the leading wicket taker on tour.

ar beshi kisu na hoile, at least baller speed dekte parben...
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Old August 27, 2008, 01:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Post of the thread.
LOL
Old August 27, 2008, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Siddons is going in the right path at the moment in my opinion, though bowling needs to be a bit better. But certainly there is a big improvement from the previous matches and I want to see it continue in the ODI's as well.
Old August 27, 2008, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
"Shahadat delivered rockets "
Could someone remind him that those rockets were send its rightful place at space

Quote:
"We had some very good practice against a strong team," said Mortaza
Mash is already learning the tricks of inflating opposition's strength instead of bowling in right place at beginning and end. Good for Mash. In reality AIS is an academy team should not be considered a strong team for a test playing country.
Old August 27, 2008, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Could someone remind him that those rockets were send its rightful place at space

Mash is already learning the tricks of inflating opposition's strength instead of bowling in right place at beginning and end. Good for Mash. In reality AIS is an academy team should not be considered a strong team for a test playing country.
have you seen any of the AIS players play? i'm guessing not. well i have and you might think that they're "just" an academy side but they are still a strong side, certainly a side capable of giving the BD national team trouble as seen in the matches they just recently played against each other. it's like saying every national team is awesome just because it's a "national" team which isn't the case, just because it's an academy team doesn't automatically make it a poor team.
Old August 27, 2008, 09:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
In reality AIS is an academy team should not be considered a strong team for a test playing country.
Thebest,

I have a story for you, so siddown an shuddup and you might learn something.

Australia is a country with a pretty proud sporting history. We expect to be the best in the world in a number of sports, and pretty damn competitive in anything we play. We also expect to be surprised occasionally when we turn up a podium finish in something we have never heard of, such as short-track ice skating. It is an exceptionally important part of our national self-image.

In the 1976 Olympic Games, Australia won as many gold medals as Bangladesh won in Beijing. None nada zip nothing a big fat zero.

Nothing in the pool. Nothing on the track. Nothing on the water. Nothing on horseback. Nothing at the shooting, the archery, or the boxing ring. Nothing, nowhere and nohow.

Sport being as important a part of our national self image as it is, we then resolved to do something about this.

We therefore adopted the East German model of talent spotting and sports institutes to develop that talent, as well as importing talented athletes under sports visas.

We did not adopt other DDR habits, such as the excellent system of work based Betreibsportsgeschaften, although this has kind of developed by itself, with lunch-hour based competitions, or the worse habit of systematically drug****ing elite athletes (bluntly, we may not of won anything at Montreal, but Raylene Boyle was robbed by the drug****ing).

The AIS is the result of that. Anyone at the AIS is a full time sports professional. Anyone at the AIS has access to biomechanics equipment and expertise that that is unavailable to 95% of national teams. Anyone at the AIS has all the support they could need.

So if you think any team that comes out of the AIS is weak, I've got 120 million reasons why you are wrong.

Oh, and for the record, I support closing the AIS.

Ian Whitchurch
Old August 27, 2008, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Perhaps he meant 360 as it means
Old August 28, 2008, 12:11 PM
Cricket Sage

for the first 3 matches against AIS, our batsmen actually handeled bowlers like henriques, sullivan, and cutting better than australias did in the practice match.

aussies bowling power was too much for AIS though.

i'm hopeful (as always) we can get a fight in the 3 match series.
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Old August 28, 2008, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
have you seen any of the AIS players play? i'm guessing not. well i have and you might think that they're "just" an academy side but they are still a strong side, certainly a side capable of giving the BD national team trouble as seen in the matches they just recently played against each other. it's like saying every national team is awesome just because it's a "national" team which isn't the case, just because it's an academy team doesn't automatically make it a poor team.
No I have not seen AIS or any of AIS players unless the Hendrique guy came in U19 WC in Bangladesh; Irrespective of how strong AIS is, it is still an academy team. A test playing country's (officially one of the top 10 team) should beat them convincingly in most of the game (I like 100 out of 100). We lost the series without any fight. I never said that they are weak but saying our worthless coach a big mouth Aussi is trying to portray them as strong as one of top team in reality they are not. Do you honestly believe they can beat WI (our immediate target) ? I donot think so. Even WI A team could beat them convincingly. If our academy team or even A team (though I belive our A team is as strong as our main team) was beaten by AIS I would not even give damn. But for God's sake it is our national team. If we can not beat some Aus kid then we have no business playing againest Aus main team.
Ian, I have great respect for you. But the facilities you are talking all most all the acdemi teams got those facilities now a days. so they are an academi team just like Indian or South African. I would rathetr call the team a team for final polishing for talented cricketer. Rather than closing their talent hunt net should be widen ( this is my opinion).
AF who are you kidding? R u sure Aus and BD played in the same pitch? It looks like a bowling pitch (obviously just like you, I am assuming from score. If Aus score 177 we would bowled out 77. That is the difference between Aus and us. STOP LIVING IN DREAM
Old August 28, 2008, 12:36 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:

great. seems like u r good at math and calculations.
Old August 28, 2008, 01:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
[URL]Normally he would say we just suck, or point the finger somewhere, he seems to have some hidden arrogence in him right now, Complete 360 from the previous tours.
No significant achievement to have that shift. But It's getting close to a year of his tenure. it's time to produce some result in a year time. He will try to take us again up to that level of WC time, before starting to negotiate for the next contract. So if the contract is not renewed, he will leave us where we were (-2 yrs time lapsed only).

This shift was discussed/predicted by many in some of the JS threads, a few months back. otherwise what's the logic of 180/360 turn? it's indeed a 360 for the team, as we mentally were during WC.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; August 29, 2008 at 02:11 AM..
Old August 28, 2008, 05:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
No I have not seen AIS or any of AIS players unless the Hendrique guy came in U19 WC in Bangladesh; Irrespective of how strong AIS is, it is still an academy team. A test playing country's (officially one of the top 10 team) should beat them convincingly in most of the game (I like 100 out of 100). We lost the series without any fight. I never said that they are weak but saying our worthless coach a big mouth Aussi is trying to portray them as strong as one of top team in reality they are not. Do you honestly believe they can beat WI (our immediate target) ? I donot think so. Even WI A team could beat them convincingly. If our academy team or even A team (though I belive our A team is as strong as our main team) was beaten by AIS I would not even give damn. But for God's sake it is our national team. If we can not beat some Aus kid then we have no business playing againest Aus main team.
Ian, I have great respect for you. But the facilities you are talking all most all the acdemi teams got those facilities now a days. so they are an academi team just like Indian or South African. I would rathetr call the team a team for final polishing for talented cricketer. Rather than closing their talent hunt net should be widen ( this is my opinion).
AF who are you kidding? R u sure Aus and BD played in the same pitch? It looks like a bowling pitch (obviously just like you, I am assuming from score. If Aus score 177 we would bowled out 77. That is the difference between Aus and us. STOP LIVING IN DREAM
again i'll say it, just because a team is a "national team" doesn't make them a great team, in this case i doubt BD is in the top 10 one-day teams in the world, but they are in the top 10 one-day national teams. the rankings just rank the national teams not every single team that plays cricket. and just because a team is an "academy" team doesn't mean they aren't better than some national teams.

you haven't seen the AIS play so you have no idea how strong they are, how strong they are is based on how good the players in the team are not the title of the team.

also i doubt the BD A team is strong as the national team, certainly not the full strength national team. remember the A team on the england tour was not really an A team, half of it was current national teamers, take those players out and the A team is even weaker than it was on that tour.

do i honestly believe this AIS team could beat WI or WI A? well i'm pretty sure they could beat the WI A team since their national team isn't all that good. could they beat the WI national team? yes they could, could they do it consistently? i'm not sure, i'd have to see both teams more to make a call like that.
Old August 29, 2008, 03:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
again i'll say it, just because a team is a "national team" doesn't make them a great team, in this case i doubt BD is in the top 10 one-day teams in the world, but they are in the top 10 one-day national teams. the rankings just rank the national teams not every single team that plays cricket. and just because a team is an "academy" team doesn't mean they aren't better than some national teams.

you haven't seen the AIS play so you have no idea how strong they are, how strong they are is based on how good the players in the team are not the title of the team.

also i doubt the BD A team is strong as the national team, certainly not the full strength national team. remember the A team on the england tour was not really an A team, half of it was current national teamers, take those players out and the A team is even weaker than it was on that tour.

do i honestly believe this AIS team could beat WI or WI A? well i'm pretty sure they could beat the WI A team since their national team isn't all that good. could they beat the WI national team? yes they could, could they do it consistently? i'm not sure, i'd have to see both teams more to make a call like that.
I absolutely agree
Old August 29, 2008, 03:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
great. seems like u r good at math and calculations.
Thanx! As an electrical engineer I find it a little offensive, when mathematical or scientific facts are incorrectly used.
Old August 29, 2008, 06:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Thebest,

I have a story for you, so siddown an shuddup and you might learn something.

Australia is a country with a pretty proud sporting history. We expect to be the best in the world in a number of sports, and pretty damn competitive in anything we play. We also expect to be surprised occasionally when we turn up a podium finish in something we have never heard of, such as short-track ice skating. It is an exceptionally important part of our national self-image.

Ian Whitchurch
Australians aren't good at all sports they try! For example they're a pretty poor football/soccer side!

Also, haven't plenty of australian athletes been found guilty of doping offences? Nathan Baggaley and Nathan O'Neil for example...
Old August 29, 2008, 05:33 PM
Cricket Sage

both gowza and thebest have points. gowza's makes logical and factual sense, but the best's makes emotional sense.

simple as that.