facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 30, 2008, 09:06 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Match bulletin 1st ODI, Bangladesh in Australia, 2008 : Bangladesh sink to new low

Bangladesh in Australia, 2008
Bangladesh sink to new low
30 August 2008
Bangladesh have suffered one of their heaviest losses in the ODI history in the opening match of the three match Commonwealth Bank series against Australia at Marrara cricket ground in Darwin today. Bangladesh could only manage 74 runs before getting all out in just 27.4 overs in response to 254 for 8 posted by Australia. This is Bangladesh's lowest ODI total since they were introduced to the ODI scene in 1986.
Read the rest of the bulletin ยป

Last edited by Miraz; August 30, 2008 at 09:20 AM..
Old August 30, 2008, 10:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

we lost by 200 to india at dhaka in 2003. and by even more to Pak in 01 or 02 (that was like a 220+ run drubbing).

so its not our worst defeat...lowest total though.
Old August 30, 2008, 10:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
"It was not like the Gardens Oval track where balls come on to the bat and you can play strokes."- Ash
Why do they have to learn it after scoring 74? Why couldn't they figure it out while they were bowling? What the think tank of the team was doing?

Should we believe that they themselves don't have the knowledge of reading the pitch and guiding the players? We have seen such vital mistakes of reading pitches, too many times under JS.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old August 30, 2008, 10:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

I saw BD innings yesterday , BD needs to think about its batting.Tamim,Ash and Alok were the only ones who looked comfortable in the middle.BD can still produce results if these three fire.

Tamin -He has to wait for the bad ball !!! He has to decide whether he wants to be an Afridi or a Shewag.He can go either way !

Ash -The team rule should be enforced on him(thrown out for others).No hoiks or stupid pulls until he reches 30+

Alok - Has to come 1 down or 2 down.Couple of his fours were reminded me of Tendy

Others looked really bad especially Rakibul Hassan.You cant look to guide the ball towards the gully everyball.You got to play staright
Old August 30, 2008, 10:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

wow 74 all out.. i predicted 55