facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 4, 2008, 01:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Udor Pindi Budor Ghare !!!
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old September 4, 2008, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi

আয় বৃষ্টি ঝেপে
Old September 4, 2008, 02:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

mash n sakib...well worth a shot i guess...it can't be worse than what we already have..
Old September 4, 2008, 03:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Change We Can Believe In.
Old September 4, 2008, 05:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Mash for captain!!!
Old September 4, 2008, 06:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

I heard Bangladeshi batsmen are scared of chin music by bowlers such as Bracken and clark. It's ridiculous! Haven't they smashed shoaib akthar in the past. Right now I wish Brett Lee and Shaun Tait would come back in the side and bowl them 40 bouncers every match. These guys deserve to be hurt. Javed and Mashud used to keep playing after getting bruised with bouncers. These guys are chickens. I really hope they just leave all their fear and idiocy behind and play like they are supposed to....
Old September 4, 2008, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

I say make mash the captain
Old September 4, 2008, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Every action has a same an equal Reaction... Firing all the seniors at once is now showing with the dressing room without any motivators or "Borobhai" who can give the current team any kind of guidance and motivation.. Obhiashlee Ashapul Kannot Motibhaet flayajh ajh Rafique/Pilot used to do..
Old September 4, 2008, 09:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Every action has a same an equal Reaction... Firing all the seniors at once is now showing with the dressing room without any motivators or "Borobhai" who can give the current team any kind of guidance and motivation.. Obhiashlee Ashapul Kannot Motibhaet flayajh ajh Rafique/Pilot used to do..
But, why would a professional need a borobhai to guide them? Playing for the country and getting paid for it, should be motivation enough. Those seniors deserved to go as they stopped producing and sadly it happened at the same time. Maybe, we are not professionals yet. Neither were the boro bhais.
Old September 4, 2008, 10:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Udor Pindi Budor Ghare !!!
who is budo? who is udo?
and what is a pindi? do we skin it, cook it and eat it? is pindi like shoulder meat of the ox?
is udo very lazy?
budo must be simple and lets udo walk all over him!
Old September 4, 2008, 10:49 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Budo in japanese is a way...

Old September 4, 2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
kalpurush,

I'll edit the thread tommorow

It'll be Simple, nothing flashy ... I'm Sure we'll get a positive result tommorow
My gratitude to you, Sir.
I just can't see the Tigers as losers yet.
Old September 4, 2008, 11:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Hmm arekta match..arekta big loss..

I hope Ash kalke o batting nei jodi toss in kore..then humiliation ektu kom hobe.... We won't lose by 150+ Runs..

We are going with the same squad up in this match as well.

But I guess they should give Reza/Dollar a chance in place of Shahadat in this match. They won't do any worse than the super-experess bowler Shahadat.
Old September 4, 2008, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: No one yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
Bangladesh better win or we will get WHITEWASHED!
LOL.. really?
Old September 4, 2008, 11:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Good Luck to the boys.
Old September 4, 2008, 11:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

gorje otho...play with killer attitude just like you guyz played with india in the last wc
Old September 5, 2008, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
But, why would a professional need a borobhai to guide them? Playing for the country and getting paid for it, should be motivation enough. Those seniors deserved to go as they stopped producing and sadly it happened at the same time. Maybe, we are not professionals yet. Neither were the boro bhais.
As much as you and I want to,, a team cannot be professional when you have players who didn't even graduate from school.. the average age being 20 something. Take the culture into consideration and the length of their international exposure,, you get the reality check that a cricket team from the subcontinent,, especially from Bangladesh is not yet reached that height when you can say they are true professionals.

I would respectfully disagree with you regarding all the seniors stopped performing the same year.. Rafique/Pilot was still in their prime in terms of their respective functions. Pilot was still taking the catches and scoring few runs,, and Rafique was regulary taking wickets without any exception. Rafique was mentoring Razzaque/Enamul/Saqib. Yes, their days were numbered but there was no transition period,, it was an abrubt move without any thinking in that aspect. None from the board thought the need of having experience in the team,, and the subsequent series proved how bad we needed them. ( Its a good sign that now Pilot/Rafique is part of the camp to provide Academy team their expertise)...

Playing for the country and getting paid was not a motivation when players like Aftab/Ashraful thinks scoring one fifty in a five match series is enough.. How can you expect professionalism from players who never had to work hard to get their place and they get paid either way? The mindset is not there to begin with..
Old September 5, 2008, 04:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
As much as you and I want to,, a team cannot be professional when you have players who didn't even graduate from school.. the average age being 20 something. Take the culture into consideration and the length of their international exposure,, you get the reality check that a cricket team from the subcontinent,, especially from Bangladesh is not yet reached that height when you can say they are true professionals.
Ki je bolen bhai. Is it mandatory to graduate from school, to be a professional? Education helps but not mandatory. You find loads of examples in Ind/Pak teams. Even in the Aus/Eng/SA teams, just because they speak english, doesn't mean that they are all highly educated. Even illiterates in Eng Speak English ...

Age is some factor, but it shouldn't take more than a couple of years to understand the professional aspects. Basic problem is that their skill level isn't enough. The coaches they learn from in the childhood, themselves don't know anything. Difficult to forget what they learnt before and relearn the right things. We need good coaches at the junior levels.

Knowledge makes a person professional, for a cricketer it has to be knowledge related to his profession, not necessarily the graduation from schools, that's bonus.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; September 5, 2008 at 05:57 AM..
Old September 5, 2008, 07:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

we can't put all the blame at the cricketers feet. our board has failed over the years to set up an adequate infrastructure to find and train cricketers at an early stage with highly qualified coaches and methods. as a result we are left with players that enter the international stage with seriously bad habits and as we all have come to experience bad habits are hard to get rid even with regular, consistent insistence from our mentors.
Old September 5, 2008, 08:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_fan_bd
Really!! That's good... we need a change. Please don't put Shakib in that place now.. give him some time to settle.. Mash would be good choice for the time being.
The Bcb is not hapy with siddons comments such as this in the midle of this series
another examples od Siddons bad PR. this guy dont kno what not to say,
u cant talk bout changing captains middle of the serier,
nd thatys not his job
Old September 5, 2008, 08:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Ash, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
FROM CHANNEL I NEWS.....OMG OMG...guess what!!!??!!
Apparently when we play New Zealand at home.. we could well and truley have a new captain!!!
Jamie Siddons said Mash or Shakib could be chosen!!! So this Last Odi against aus might just be the last time Ash captains...Bangladesh!!! =O
But it all depends on our performance of the last odi against aus.

ah finally i was waiting for this, i believe without being captain ashraful would perform well...
Old September 5, 2008, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
kalpurush,

I'll edit the thread tommorow

It'll be Simple, nothing flashy ... I'm Sure we'll get a positive result tommorow
Cricman, where are you? The thread is still not edited and I really agree with kalpurush bhai that it looks quite indecent to have an official match thread like this. We all know that you just expressed your anger and didn't mean the way it is, but still an international match thread cannot be like this. Anyway please try do edit as fast as possible.
Old September 5, 2008, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I don't like the way Siddons has handled this. Patience is virtue, especially when it involves waiting for only a week or so before opening your mouth.
Old September 5, 2008, 09:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

best of luck to ash and the gang tonight!
go tigers!
go BD!
win or lose, i don't care, i am going to eat some sweets(bashi, pocha, cold or old) tonight!
and sweets for every bc members!
Old September 5, 2008, 09:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The one and only "Mash"

jago ashraful jago...