facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Do you still wanna see Ash as Bangladesh Captain?
Yes 17 21.52%
No 62 78.48%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 6, 2008, 03:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Default Do you still wanna keep Ash as Captain?

Guys, Just VOTE. Do you still wanna keep Ash as Captain? I know the whole team has failed. Still, the team captain can't escape from taking responsibility for the loss, and the batting debacle to be specific, since he is regarded as the mainstay. If Ash had taken some responsibility as a captain, we might have registered a win. Instead, he set an all time great example of irresponsible batting.

Quote:
Mohammad Ashraful fell to an awful piece of batting for the third time in the series. As the captain and arguably best batsman in a young side, his approach in the middle must be a major concern for the coaching staff. They had 50 overs to score 199. What they needed from this innings, as they have through the whole series, was patience and concentration. Instead Ashraful showed no application. He had 3 on the board when he drove Stuart Clark in the air with no real control and was taken by Michael Clarke at point.

Before wandering off the Marrara Cricket Ground, Ashraful stood for a moment and looked down the pitch, seemingly wondering what had gone wrong. He had not learned from his mistake from Clark's previous ball, when he drove in the air straight to cover, where Hopes spilled what he should have taken.
Ash might get another life, and might captain in the NZ series. But I don't want to see him in the NZ series at all. Let alone captaincy. Enough is enough!!!
Old September 6, 2008, 03:38 AM
Banned

Mods! Is there any way to rectify your vote after you cast it? I mistakenly chose yes.
Old September 6, 2008, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

He's had enough chances and I think he should step down from the captaincy and hand it over to Mashrafe Mortaza. And if his game improves after that then he should be promoted to captain again but he needs to show it against the big teams, not against Ireland and UAE. According to cricinfo: "The series has continued a lean run for Ashraful, who has passed fifty just four times in his past 30 one-day international innings, and two of those successes came against not-Test sides Ireland and the United Arab Emirates. Siddons, the team's coach, is running out of patience. "

This aint a good result.
Old September 6, 2008, 05:07 AM
Banned

JS is very disgusted on Ash.

Here is the Cricinfo Article

Quote:
Ashraful running out of chances - Siddons

Jamie Siddons has warned the Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful that he could soon face the axe unless he quickly turns around his dismal batting form. In the third ODI in Darwin, Ashraful drove in the air to point for 3 when his team needed a platform and he also fell for single figures playing bad strokes in the first two games.

The series has continued a lean run for Ashraful, who has passed fifty just four times in his past 30 one-day international innings, and two of those successes came against not-Test sides Ireland and the United Arab Emirates. Siddons, the team's coach, is running out of patience.

"He's been given a lot of positions in the order and he's still failing," Siddons said. "It's disappointing for him, being the leader of the team. If it were anyone else he wouldn't be in the side. He needs to start making runs. He knows that. We talk to him about that all the time. I'm not giving out any secrets ... it's getting close."

When asked how long Ashraful would be given to battle out of his slump, Siddons said: "I don't know, it's not my decision. But he needs to make runs. For himself he needs to make runs and for his leadership he needs to make runs."

For the coaching staff, just as concerning as Ashraful's lack of big scores is the way he has played. His final dismissal against Australia came from the next ball he faced after being dropped driving lazily to cover. In the first match he was trapped lbw trying an ugly pull and in the second game he flashed at a full, wide Stuart Clark ball and edged behind.

One of Bangladesh's main aims in Darwin has been to bat out their 50 overs and Ashraful's lack of application has rubbed off on several of his team-mates. Siddons was at a loss to why Alok Kapali had tried to pull a straight ball that was much too full from Mitchell Johnson and lost his off stump.

"I haven't spoken to him yet," Siddons said. "Hard to explain, a bit like Ash's shot. It's hard to explain why they would consider playing those shots to those balls."

The 73-run loss was especially disappointing for Siddons, given the terrific effort from Bangladesh's bowlers to restrict Australia to 198. At that point Siddons reiterated to his men what was needed.

"I asked for contributions, it didn't need to be a super-human effort from anyone," Siddons said. "Everything fell into place today. The pitch spun, it was slow, hard for the batsmen to score. It suited our style of cricket perfectly. It suited our batsmen perfectly as well. But for some unknown reason they all threw their wickets away."

The only man to show real resolve was Tamim Iqbal, whose 63 gave Bangladesh hope of an upset. While Siddons said Tamim would need to start converting his regular starts into centuries, the coach was happy with the opener's aggressive but largely controlled display.

Tamim was out to a what he himself called "a stupid shot" when he slashed at a cut shot off Shane Watson and was caught at third man. He was running out of partners but Tamim was angry with himself for throwing away the team's last remaining hopes and his chances of a century.

He said the batsmen were disappointed to continually let down Siddons with loose strokes. "We're working hard and we have a very good coach," Tamim said. "He pushes us in everything.

"We are a young side and have to learn a lot of things. The more matches we play, the more improvement will come. We have to listen to him first. At this moment I don't think we are listening to him."
http://content-gulf.cricinfo.com/aus...ry/368530.html
Old September 6, 2008, 05:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Sakib, Anamul

time for ash to find another profession. DUBAI AIRPORT E BATHROOM CLEANER er positive should be perfect for him.
Old September 6, 2008, 05:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

JS tried to change Ash's batting style without thinking much about the consequences. JS was in full praise of Ash during the Pak-Ind-Bang tournament (forgot its name), especially after he gifted a last over maiden to Yunis Khan. And now suddenly he thinks Ash is useless. The coach should be the first man to reisgn. It's not only Ashraful,, but also other batsmen failed (a single fifty for the loss of 30 wickets), although JS thought our weak point is our bowling.
Old September 6, 2008, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Ash is a bad captain .. so I want him to be replaced ... Mash would not do worse than him.... he is a great batsman. hope will find his form soon.
Old September 6, 2008, 05:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
JS is very disgusted on Ash.
Why did he have to change the way Ash was batting? That never works in short time. Now, he seems to have lost himself as a batsman.

Ash is doing excellent as a captain. if he will be now in the team as a batsman or not, that's more relevant at the moment, courtesy of JS's development program.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old September 6, 2008, 06:45 AM
Cricket Guru

I did not want Ash to be the captain from very beginning. However, I am sad to see he is now made to be the scapegoat by Siddons in a series where every other batsman also has failed.
Old September 6, 2008, 07:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Ash is doing excellent as a captain. if he will be now in the team as a batsman or not, that's more relevant at the moment, courtesy of JS's development program.
Really his captaincy in the field while bowling was quite good to say the least. Except in one or two cases his bowling changes and the field settings were superb. But the main problem lies with his dismal batting performance and he surely has to lift his batting to stay in the team.

Last edited by Razi; September 6, 2008 at 07:54 AM..
Old September 6, 2008, 07:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

To get back Ash as a btsman he needs to give up his captaincy.
We won quite a few mtchs bcse of his batting but not anymore bcse he isnt doing well at all under the pressure of cptncy.
Mushrfe shld lead Bd with may be Saqib as VC.
In the mean time i am sure Ash will prforme better without cptncy.( & we will perhaps get some more upsets.)
Old September 6, 2008, 08:51 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim & Sakib

he shouldnot bat at number 3.........he need to go back at number 5 or 6........might be come good.......send aftab at 3 instant of ash
Old September 6, 2008, 08:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

There will be no positive left without Ash. After every disaster at least he could find some positive out of negative balances. He should have become an accountant instead of a cricketer.
Old September 6, 2008, 09:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Guys its not really how much he scores but as a captain he has to show and comfort other by staying at the crease. I was very disgusted seeing him doing the same stupid f*ing thing all the time [does not matter we are in good position or not].
He is not a captain material and as he is the so called most talented batsman of BD he puts extra pressure to other batsman with his batting style and average. I think its better to drop him alltogether and give him rest. We can call him time to time as a replacement to others.
Most of all he needs to sit for "comprehension" type exam so that he can be good at understanding at direction given to him by people/coach or management. Hopefully that would make him good batsman again unless he is retard.
He could be fielding captain but we need a good reliable batting captain who can apply and inspire others.
Old September 6, 2008, 09:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Do you guys remember how ASH became a captain. He was performing well and everyone screamed make him captain!!!. I was against it, I felt he should concentrate on his batting. Seems like who ever performs a bit, we either wanna make him Opener or a Captain.

I don't wanna see ash out of the team, but yes as a captain I want him out.
Old September 6, 2008, 09:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

no, i dont wanna keep ash as the captain, frankly speaking.. i never wanted ashraful to be the captain.. he might not be doing so bad as a captain in terms of making on-field desicions, but the fact remains he cant be the captain and a batsman at the same time.. therefore i believe he should give up his captaincy and concentrate on his batting.. its for the team and ashraful's own good..
Old September 6, 2008, 09:33 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Actually, as a captain he is doing much better than he was expected to.
Things are not like this that giving up the captaincy will make him a better batsman in an overnight.

JS is trying to find a scapegoat and he knows some basics about the sub-continental behavior, especially Pak and India, that the captain is 'all' responsible for a series loss.
Old September 6, 2008, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

I wonder if any of you saw his reaction after getting out. I've never seen that from Ashraful. He didn't care. He just didn't give a damn. I feel very bad for him. He's lost it to be honest. He feels like he has no support...no one there to really back him up. You can tell he's had enough. I remember when they asked Ashraful to speak about the match at the presentation...my mother was like "poor baccha". And he really is just that. A kid...who feels like the whole world is against him. I really hope this isn't the end of him. But I get the feeling, he's had enough.

- Benjamin Franklin
Old September 6, 2008, 09:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: mashrafe mortaza

I think the role of captaincy has got to him. he doesn't understand what it takes. I really think he should step down and work on his batting.
Old September 6, 2008, 09:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Actually, as a captain he is doing much better than he was expected to.
Things are not like this that giving up the captaincy will make him a better batsman in an overnight.

JS is trying to find a scapegoat and he knows some basics about the sub-continental behavior, especially Pak and India, that the captain is 'all' responsible for a series loss.

I dont know why you see the problem in JS approach. JS said ASH is the best batsman in the team, so should play one down to be able to play as many overs as he can. Two things that Jamie said, ash has to start cautiously, not because of his ability rather for the team and once he gets a start cut some high risk shots unless its necessary. These are the simple things that even DW emphasised on so many times.

Remmeber after that blistering 50 innings in the test match against India last year. DW said that well ashraful knows that if you play in the air there is always chance to get out.

The crude reality is Ash doesnot have to play any shot in the air. he is that good that he can play ground shots and still make lot of runs. Simply that is what JS forced him and on the net tried him to play. he tried that in only two/three matches. might have looked ugly. but one of those ugly innigs today would have given a victory to bangladesh. WE didnot need another cardiff innigs at all. We needed an ugly slow innigs........that is as simple as that..

Ash has always got out playing in the air. this is nothing new. absolutely nothing new. he didnot give time on the crease. he came in and started to hit it hard. as he did in last two matches and the result is he got out.
Old September 6, 2008, 10:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

this is ash against austrlia in all form odi test and international against australia excluding that cardiff innigs.......

Innings by innings list
2367521044.234caught1Test v AustraliaDarwin18 Jul 2003Test # 1650
747411017.074caught3Test v AustraliaDarwin18 Jul 2003Test # 1650
075000.004caught1Test v AustraliaCairns25 Jul 2003Test # 1652
033000.004caught3Test v AustraliaCairns25 Jul 2003Test # 1652
4881050.006bowled2ODI v AustraliaDarwin6 Aug 2003ODI # 2040
58102862267.444caught1ODI v AustraliaManchester25 Jun 2005ODI # 2254
76401175.004bowled1ODI v AustraliaCanterbury30 Jun 2005ODI # 2257
29282840103.575lbw1Test v AustraliaFatullah9 Apr 2006Test # 1797
421140028.575lbw3Test v AustraliaFatullah9 Apr 2006Test # 1797
632160037.505caught1Test v AustraliaChittagong (CDS)16 Apr 2006Test # 1799
2953425069.045bowled3Test v AustraliaChittagong (CDS)16 Apr 2006Test # 1799
529230021.734caught1ODI v AustraliaChittagong (CDS)23 Apr 2006ODI # 2365
1346321040.624caught1ODI v AustraliaFatullah28 Apr 2006ODI # 2367
61181075.005caught1ODI v AustraliaNorth Sound31 Mar 2007ODI # 2559
711610116.664caught1T20I v AustraliaCape Town16 Sep 2007T20I # 33
538160031.253lbw2ODI v AustraliaDarwin30 Aug 2008ODI # 2758
3970042.854caught1ODI v AustraliaDarwin3 Sep 2008ODI # 2760
31490033.333caught2ODI v AustraliaDarwin6 Sep 2008ODI # 2762
Old September 6, 2008, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I don't mind having him as captain as long as he scores runs. Bowling pitch or not, restricting Australia to 198 is very impressive and he does deserve a lot of the credit for his field placing and rotation policy during most of the Australian inning. Besides, I don't see how anyone else in the team can do a better job than he is doing leading the team, which is an unfortunate fact.

Should we drop him as a batsman? If we do, what do we do with the other idiots?
Old September 6, 2008, 10:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

out of total 18 innigs only 5 times he reached two digit 27.7%. after the the natwest series of 2005 he has reached two digits only 3 times out of 8 innings which is again 27.7% of the time , consistent to his career avg.

What does these number show. that australia has indeed worked him out. clearly. and JS knows that..... JS is saying that he must address these by cutting down on airborne shots in the early of his innigs and taking time at the begining of his innigs.
Old September 6, 2008, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

I have a feeling that people are going to start wanting Tamim to be a captain...
Old September 6, 2008, 10:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

i dont even see that those rules are still there, the way ash played against Saffers at home and against pakistan and then here