facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 12, 2003, 09:32 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default We all know the players need to improve, but ...

We all know that our players need to improve to get a win or two in the future.

We also know the standard of Bangladesh's umpires.

But to improve Bangladesh cricket as a whole, the standard of our umpiring also needs to improve.

There were two decisions made today - by our very own umpires that went against us. Now how many times do we see a home umpire giving a decision against the home team?

The first decision was giving out Mushfiqur Rahman who was on 36 off 37 balls - the Bangladeshi umpire Mahbubur Rahman gave him out when he actually inside edged the ball, and now Andrew Flintoff, with only 31 runs to win, gave away a stumping chance, and he was out, but the 3rd umpire, who is obviously Bangladeshi, did not give Flintoff out when his foot was clearly on the line.

This is why I am saying that the standard of Bangladeshi umpiring has to improve.

Now if I were a BCB official, I would not give these 2 men - these 2 umpires any more International match to officiate in the future, unless we have a shortages of manpower, which we never will be, not in this century at least.