facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old September 22, 2008, 11:41 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,874

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
the best, the high % of lead in dhaka's air is a known fact. i think i ve read that in several places.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...+lead+air&meta=
Sir,
The first one is a ten year old report with data over 12 years old. Things have changed now. Instead of full Gasolines now most Dhaka cars run on Natural gas. There were also some bans on different type of vehicles. Emission is negligible.

There was a time when people could not go out without wearing a mask. Now those days are long gone. Dhaka's air quality has dramatically improved.

Thank you.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; September 22, 2008 at 12:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old September 22, 2008, 11:50 AM
thebest thebest is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 21, 2005
Location: in the blue planet
Posts: 3,798

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
the best, the high % of lead in dhaka's air is a known fact. i think i ve read that in several places.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...+lead+air&meta=
I checked the first five and all those are pre 2002 (the latest used data of Feb 2001) before the ban on three wheelers in Dhaka came into affect on ambient air quality. So I stand corrected. Look at this
Quote:
The concentration of Pb in the ambient air of Dhaka has decreased by approximately two-thirds as a result of this measure, leading to considerable savings in the health maintenance cost of its population. The reduction in Pb levels in the ambient air of Dhaka should be reflected in the decrease of Pb levels in human blood in the future.
This is from a 2003 article of Swapan K.Biswas, Solaiman ATarafdar, .Ashraful Islam, Mohammed Khliquzzaman,Heikki Tervahattu, , Kaarle Kupiainen published in Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association
__________________
Twenty20 is not a gentleman's game. It's like a one-night stand and not a marriage. It is a street format and the goonda doesn't know what is a late cut or a cover drive
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old September 23, 2008, 08:15 AM
Arnab Arnab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Posts: 6,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
If my soul was closer to the Lord, I would have given up all that without a single word.

I am grateful for what I have unlike the thread starter who only knows how to complain. Mercy.
So you are not up for it?
__________________
ক্লান্তি আমার ক্ষমা করো,প্রভু,
পথে যদি পিছিয়ে পড়ি কভু।
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old September 23, 2008, 08:17 AM
Arnab Arnab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Posts: 6,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
This is a good way moving forward. Since this will cost us billions, we may do it as phases.

As a starting point I would suggest moving 1) Dhaka University to relocate first. 2) Move the train line out of the city as well. 3) make that train line as a highway going through Dhaka. May even make it one way and airport road the other oneway. 4) Move BAF airport out of Dhaka. The airforce headquarter is fine. Just the airport. BAF has enough strength in Jessore and Chittagong to support what they have in Dhaka. 5) The new found space Dhaka would have, should be utilised as Parks, roads connecting highways, bus stations, recreational area (soccer fields, lakes etc.). 6) Ofcourse a highway ring (bypass) outside Dhaka.
Those are great imaginative plans. Why don't you come back to Dhaka and see if you can implement it? You will get my 100% backing.

What about relocating the cantonment, demolishing the Kurmitola golf course and building several major east-west major roads through it? I think that will ease a lot of traffic.
__________________
ক্লান্তি আমার ক্ষমা করো,প্রভু,
পথে যদি পিছিয়ে পড়ি কভু।
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old September 23, 2008, 08:47 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Those are great imaginative plans. Why don't you come back to Dhaka and see if you can implement it? You will get my 100% backing.

What about relocating the cantonment, demolishing the Kurmitola golf course and building several major east-west major roads through it? I think that will ease a lot of traffic.
Thanks, inshallah since the plan is there implementation will also be there when the right time comes. I would need all the help I can get. Thank you for your whole hearted support. At least I have one person in Dhaka who I can count on.

The suggestion you gave may back fire on us. You see, we are a hooligan society. To control the political backed hooliganism at times you would need muscle power. Police is as the song says "lathial bahini" of the ruling party, can't do a jack. Army is perfect way to balance power. Their presence is absolutely necessary in the middle of the city. As for the golf course, I can't change that into apartment complexes. we need green to have some clean air, right? May be expand the course to another 18 hole course (with a manmade lake) would be good for Dhaka air quality.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old September 23, 2008, 08:52 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
So you are not up for it?
First sentence: Nope. Not yet.
The rest: I am not worthy enough to answer that. So will peacefully ignore.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old September 23, 2008, 09:15 AM
Arnab Arnab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Posts: 6,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The suggestion you gave may back fire on us. You see, we are a hooligan society. To control the political backed hooliganism at times you would need muscle power. Police is as the song says "lathial bahini" of the ruling party, can't do a jack. Army is perfect way to balance power. Their presence is absolutely necessary in the middle of the city. As for the golf course, I can't change that into apartment complexes. we need green to have some clean air, right? May be expand the course to another 18 hole course (with a manmade lake) would be good for Dhaka air quality.
An expanded 18 hole golf course in the middle of Dhaka to alleviate the traffic jam situation. Hmm...you may be on to something here.
__________________
ক্লান্তি আমার ক্ষমা করো,প্রভু,
পথে যদি পিছিয়ে পড়ি কভু।
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old September 23, 2008, 09:21 AM
Arnab Arnab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Posts: 6,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
First sentence: Nope. Not yet.
Awww. Why? We need you here. Who else can play golf and solve the traffic situation of Dhaka at the same time? Dhaka people deserves the spectacle of such monumental genius at work.
__________________
ক্লান্তি আমার ক্ষমা করো,প্রভু,
পথে যদি পিছিয়ে পড়ি কভু।
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old September 23, 2008, 09:41 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Awww. Why? We need you here. Who else can play golf and solve the traffic situation of Dhaka at the same time? Dhaka people deserves the spectacle of such monumental genius at work.
First of all, I aint a genius and no need for you to praise me. I am not worthy at all.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old September 23, 2008, 09:41 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,464

Thebest bhai, can you please enlighten us with some more insightful news of any urban development plan of DCC/Rajuk at the moment, if any.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old September 23, 2008, 09:46 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
An expanded 18 hole golf course in the middle of Dhaka to alleviate the traffic jam situation. Hmm...you may be on to something here.
Do not diss Americans knowledge.

As I said, if the old Dhaka airport (BAF base now) can be removed there will be plenty of space for another 18 hole golf course linking with the Kurmitola one. A full 36 hole course with artificial lakes, ducks etc. Some green is needed even in the city you know. After all you breathe what they discharge.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old September 23, 2008, 09:53 AM
Arnab Arnab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Posts: 6,069

Quote:
As I said, if the old Dhaka airport (BAF base now) can be removed there will be plenty of space for another 18 hole golf course linking with the Kurmitola one. A full 36 hole course with artificial lakes, ducks etc. Some green is needed even in the city you know. After all you breathe what they discharge.
I am sure this is going to magically solve the traffic jams in Dhaka., but for the life of me I can't figure out how?

Like I said, I think a better idea is to destroy the Golf course and build an extensive east-west road network through it. We will have plenty of fields, parks, etc. in between the raods of course. Just no golf course for the rich c@#ts. It will simultaneously alleviate the traffic problem AND narrow the gap between the rich and the poor. Ek dhile dui pakhi.
__________________
ক্লান্তি আমার ক্ষমা করো,প্রভু,
পথে যদি পিছিয়ে পড়ি কভু।
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old September 23, 2008, 09:59 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
...

Like I said, I think a better idea is to destroy the Golf course and build an extensive east-west road network through it. We will have plenty of fields, parks, etc. in between the raods of course. Just no golf course for the rich c@#ts. It will simultaneously alleviate the traffic problem AND narrow the gap between the rich and the poor. Ek dhile dui pakhi.
I am not rigid as you think. Definitely can compromise on issues. Feedback gives us the opportunity to fine tune strategies. When mulitiple issues can be solved in one approach definitely you will have my full attention. If golf course bothers you that much then may be we can find a common ground for another shihu park or garden. After all, I have to pay heed to my future right hand.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old September 23, 2008, 10:17 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 24,874

Layperson bro,
Salaam!! Just so that you know he was just pulling my leg. Since I like golf his way to attack was hit at my soft spot. Little did he know I can live with out golf (truly).

And from me to irritate him more I proposed another 18 hole golf course knowing he wouldn't be able to "hojom" that.

All for cheap fun from both sides. Don't take our words literally.
Quote:
btw Where are the mods now. Asif needs to do something in this thread too to ensure he maintains a uniform rule of thumb for everyone.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old September 23, 2008, 12:13 PM
ammark's Avatar
ammark ammark is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,070

thebest bhai, You touched upon something that I feel nobody seems to mention:

The rate of growth of vehicles, #1 being private cars, #2 rickshaws, #3 minibuses and buses, #4 Small delivery automobiles, and then the rest.

BRTA and Dhaka City Corporation allow licenses for these vehicles, but neither of them consider the congestion that increased numbers cause on our existing (a) inadequate and (b) inefficiently utilised roads. If anything there has to be an accompanying ban on the number of vehicular traffic with any improvement of infrastructure.

I personally am going to buy a racing cycle this december. The Gulshan-Banani connecting bridge is meant to open then, and I assure you, Banani Road 11 will be untraversable from that time onwards. For any venture I have to make upto and including Tejgaon to the South and Bishwa Road to the north, I will do it by bike so help me God!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old September 23, 2008, 02:44 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,596

Koto ki dekhi hoye jachche ei thread-e..

Shobai dekhi shudhu car ar rikshaw er kotha bole..

But Dhaka er traffic jam er main karon hochche Garments and other Industries in the heart of the town. Ogulo jotodin Dhaka town er vitor thakbe,, traffic jam kokhonoi jabe na. Ogulo Dhaka town theke onno jaigai jodi niye jaite pare then manush o kome jabe,, car riksha o kome jabe,,jam o ar thakbe na.. manush shundor jibon japon korte parbe..

SO the main culprits are the rich industrialists. Jekhane shekhane industry kore pelse. Abar tarai complain kore traffic jam niye..
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old September 24, 2008, 02:25 AM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 14,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
This is a good way moving forward. Since this will cost us billions, we may do it as phases.

As a starting point I would suggest moving 1) Dhaka University to relocate first. 2) Move the train line out of the city as well. 3) make that train line as a highway going through Dhaka. May even make it one way and airport road the other oneway. 4) Move BAF airport out of Dhaka. The airforce headquarter is fine. Just the airport. BAF has enough strength in Jessore and Chittagong to support what they have in Dhaka. 5) The new found space Dhaka would have, should be utilised as Parks, roads connecting highways, bus stations, recreational area (soccer fields, lakes etc.). 6) Ofcourse a highway ring (bypass) outside Dhaka.
Yes, we need drastic plan like these, we may add cantonment in relocating list as Arnab said.There are lot more places just outside main city of Dhaka, so that those institutions could be easily relocated. These plans may cost millions if not billions, but we have to start the job like we already are late for years! if govt. has to acquire private land for new roads and plans, the cost of land and construction will rise more and more as long as we late to react.

Even I suggest to make roads on various channel in the city if needed, not pouring sand or soil on them but over way or fly way. In that way we can avoid illegal occupation, land grabbers and can protect environment and public resource.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Koto ki dekhi hoye jachche ei thread-e..

Shobai dekhi shudhu car ar rikshaw er kotha bole..

But Dhaka er traffic jam er main karon hochche Garments and other Industries in the heart of the town. Ogulo jotodin Dhaka town er vitor thakbe,, traffic jam kokhonoi jabe na. Ogulo Dhaka town theke onno jaigai jodi niye jaite pare then manush o kome jabe,, car riksha o kome jabe,,jam o ar thakbe na.. manush shundor jibon japon korte parbe..

SO the main culprits are the rich industrialists. Jekhane shekhane industry kore pelse. Abar tarai complain kore traffic jam niye..
This is another good point, we should have some lawful regulation on building industries and educational institutes inside the city, existing industries, should be also in the list of relocation.This step may also help reducing slum, rickshaw, hawkers in the main city I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old September 24, 2008, 10:39 PM
Ahsan Ahsan is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 27, 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 587

back to the original discussion "Dhaka is an absolute mess". My short (3 and half weeks) visit to BD after 7 years included trips to different small towns/villages (say it ojo para gram). Here's a route, Dhaka-Tangail-Bogra-Naogaon-Bogra-Nator-Pabna(DJ's favorite!!)-Sirajganj-Tangail-Dhaka. What I saw in my own eyes, it's not only Dhaka but whole Bangladesh (maybe a lame generalization attempt) is shrinking in land (do not count on the research that claims Bangladesh is gaining lands, just yet!) due to make rooms (homes, business, vehicles etc) for rapidly growing population. Some ideas (like decentralization) discussed might relieve Dhaka temporarily, but do you guys really think we have enough space to move anything from Dhaka to any other corner of BD? Let's not talk about Sahara Bazar to Tongi, you can't believe your eyes seeing building (homes, shopping centers) when you go from Tongi to Jaidevpur to Kaliyakoir (pardon my spelling) in both sides of the road where I used to see mostly dhaankhet when I used to take that route 10-15 yrs ago. The following picture was a very common sight everywhere in my trip!

http://prothom-alo.com/issues/2008-09-25/jam.jpg
দઓই মহাসড়েক ৫৫ એઐােন যানজট
Our main problem is huge population in a small place, everyone knows that! But we do not really know the solution!

Last edited by Ahsan; September 24, 2008 at 10:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old September 25, 2008, 01:44 AM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 14,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmacker

http://prothom-alo.com/issues/2008-09-25/jam.jpg
দઓই মহাসড়েক ৫৫ એઐােন যানজট
Our main problem is huge population in a small place, everyone knows that! But we do not really know the solution!
Thanks ISmacker for your personal experience and the 'Prothom Alo' picture. Yes we are over populated not just Dhaka but all over the country, in fact most populated country on earth. But that is a harsh reality we have to live with, yet doesn't allow us to be incapable or think 'don't know the solution' even more harshly! We have thousands of problem - means we got thousands of work to do, simple as that. Instead what we see? Every bureaucrats, officials, institutions and most importantly politicians remain almost inactive to address the problem and solution. No system is a system unless every people in that system put life in it.

For instant, take a look at that picture. One can say in a blink, that banana market on the road didn't appear overnight, must be the market grew up for years. traffic police or local police of that area can force those people move away every now and then, but never a permanent solution since reality shows the need of a market near by. But local govt. as well as central govt. never addressed that as a problem or didn't do anything to a permanent solution. As if someone from heaven will come down to solve the problem, or as if they are yet to recognize it as a problem.

How much it may cost at that area to buy a piece of land for 'banana market' beside that road? How long it may take if they sincerely decide to work? Even a local govt. in a lame country can solve such problem within a year I guess. Instead, in our country it goes on for years, and mind it on the 'High way' that link northern area of the country with capital and south. Perhaps [as far I know], this high way is the only one road link between north to capital and then to south. We let grow up a mere local market [location] problem to a nation's problem doing nothing for years but watching or ignoring. This is no way like 'we don't know the solution'! but still the misery goes on ...

So, to me its not we don't know the solution but more like we all remain dead inactive. Developed or undeveloped every country has its own unique and thousands of problem, which they gradually overcome not because they are rich but because they are active. But In Bangladesh we act when it become a mess or goes out of hand, though remain calm or clueless as if some miracle will happen to clean up the mess.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old September 25, 2008, 12:33 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Thanks ISmacker, for taking us outside Dhaka.

All problems are in Dhaka, no dispute outside. Peace amidst everything. Kola, Murgi, aloo, Ricksha, Car, bus Truck, all living in harmony. They don't get annoyed with each other as they get in Dhaka.
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old September 25, 2008, 12:35 PM
Ahsan Ahsan is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 27, 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 587

Thanks PoorFan for your nice post. I am well aware that once you find out a problem you can always find a solution. My saying of "don't know a solution" was from a frustration and strictly from a BD context. As you mentioned, local govt can easily, maybe, create a market at suitable location as a good solution. But they are not doing it. At least I have seen this in my life in BD that you know the solution nobody cares to implement. What's the point of discussing or having a solution when you know years after years it won't be implemented? Hope you realize now why I said that.

Now a true story,

in my small town (upazilla/thana) name Mohadevpur, Naogaon district, local govt did exactly what you are saying. This happened at least 20 years ago when I was a school kid. This local govt moved bazar (locally called "hut" that forms/opens in two days of the week) out of the main areas of the town (highway bus station roads, other roads, designated old bazar place) to about 1 mile away from the center of the town. Because during those "hut" days one can only pray to God how long it will take him/her to get thru one place to another. I am talking walking, biking (both motor/non-motor), gorur gari, bus, riksha, thela gari....nothing can help you get thru. Whoever did not see the scene would be hard to visualize. So local govt did the right thing to move the hut away from center of the town, but not away from main road. This govt even created new cinema hall, reastaurants, nice godown etc etc. But nothing could convince people to go to that new location to form "hut". There were attempts to force (read beter bari) business/people to move to new location, did work few times, then day by day it faded away. During this visit to BD, I saw that location, jorajirno cinema hall, godowns etc, but the "hut" still forms on the old places.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old September 25, 2008, 09:00 PM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 14,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmacker
... Now a true story,

in my small town (upazilla/thana) name Mohadevpur, Naogaon district, local govt did exactly what you are saying. This happened at least 20 years ago when I was a school kid. This local govt moved bazar (locally called "hut" that forms/opens in two days of the week) out of the main areas of the town (highway bus station roads, other roads, designated old bazar place) to about 1 mile away from the center of the town. Because during those "hut" days one can only pray to God how long it will take him/her to get thru one place to another. I am talking walking, biking (both motor/non-motor), gorur gari, bus, riksha, thela gari....nothing can help you get thru. Whoever did not see the scene would be hard to visualize. So local govt did the right thing to move the hut away from center of the town, but not away from main road. This govt even created new cinema hall, reastaurants, nice godown etc etc. But nothing could convince people to go to that new location to form "hut". There were attempts to force (read beter bari) business/people to move to new location, did work few times, then day by day it faded away. During this visit to BD, I saw that location, jorajirno cinema hall, godowns etc, but the "hut" still forms on the old places.
Should I laugh or should I cry? No wonder why our people still in love those 'Khalammas', we deserve what we got.

Thanks for sharing that true story.

Last edited by PoorFan; September 25, 2008 at 10:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old September 25, 2008, 09:17 PM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,559

Different perspective - we can use this tenacity of Naogaon people for fruitful cause.
__________________
Human mind has all the power, when your mind is grind grit wins the battle. Go Bangladesh. Be the world number one in Test Ranking.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old September 26, 2008, 10:42 AM
Arnab Arnab is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Posts: 6,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Different perspective - we can use this tenacity of Naogaon people for fruitful cause.
Brazil-Argentina doladoli?
__________________
ক্লান্তি আমার ক্ষমা করো,প্রভু,
পথে যদি পিছিয়ে পড়ি কভু।
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old September 26, 2008, 08:22 PM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,559

Reader's Digest was the only non-Bangladeshi English magazine that I was exposed to in my childhood. Although it was full of BS one precious thing I learned from it.

"Laughter is the best medicine".

Go figure.
__________________
Human mind has all the power, when your mind is grind grit wins the battle. Go Bangladesh. Be the world number one in Test Ranking.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket