facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 9, 2008, 11:38 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
BDFlag ICL VS Bangladesh

After joining 14 players in ICL, we have no loss except Aftab ahmed. But because of injury he was not in the team. Aftab ahmed was the only potential player whom we will miss. Rather than Aftab ahmed our current national team players are good enough in terms of form, talent, commitment, and patience.

My point of view about Dhaka Warriors is we should not boycott them. I think they have made the right decision. Without taking that decision what they can do? Nothing, except playing in national league. I can not even support the board decision. Reason behind that ICL is not banned by ICC. So why should we banned them. Inidan cricket board is not authority for world cricket. One thing we have to remember that we have never invited India for any series. What is the reason behind it?

So finally we should support Dhaka Warriors, because they are representing Bangladesh in ICL.
Old October 9, 2008, 11:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly, Rafiq, Klusner

trust me that lazy Aftab is NO lose. if he was in the team yesterday, would have batted at #3, where mushy batted.

1st ball huge swing and a miss
2nd ball inside edge for 4
3rd ball ...wont even see it...
4th ball dance down the pitch and bowled
end of Aftab, taking of the halmate and showing off that BD flag on the head, and walking back home

all of a sudden Ash is in the middle...

so its all good..no lose whats so ever
Old October 10, 2008, 12:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir007

So finally we should support Dhaka Warriors, because they are representing Bangladesh in ICL.
Sorry to inform you that they are not representing Bangladesh if you mean Bangladesh cricket team. They are representing themselves. They are representing the cowards, the backstabbers, the loudmouth and the traitors of Bangladesh. I wish all the best to them as I wish all my enemies.
Go Chennai Go.
I wish some of you DHAKA COWARDS fan yesterday in the stadium.
Old October 10, 2008, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
After joining 14 players in ICL, we have no loss except Aftab ahmed. But because of injury he was not in the team. Aftab ahmed was the only potential player whom we will miss. Rather than Aftab ahmed our current national team players are good enough in terms of form, talent, commitment, and patience.

My point of view about Dhaka Warriors is we should not boycott them. I think they have made the right decision. Without taking that decision what they can do? Nothing, except playing in national league. I can not even support the board decision. Reason behind that ICL is not banned by ICC. So why should we banned them. Inidan cricket board is not authority for world cricket. One thing we have to remember that we have never invited India for any series. What is the reason behind it?

No point in bringing the BCCI into this. This is about our own players betraying us. Anyway, I don't think too many of us will be supporting that team. Personally I hope they fail miserably, which will probably be the case considering the line-up.

- Benjamin Franklin
Old October 10, 2008, 01:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

I support the Dhaka warriors 100%
Old October 10, 2008, 02:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
No point in bringing the BCCI into this. This is about our own players betraying us. Anyway, I don't think too many of us will be supporting that team. Personally I hope they fail miserably, which will probably be the case considering the line-up.
I dont understand this notion of betrayal. neither I understand any such flimsy notion of patriotism that might have any connection with this "betrayal" thingy.

BCCI has everything to do with ICL not being recognised. So yes "BCCI" will come everytime we talk about the legality of ICL.

FICA, the crickets association has come out clean and said that they do not support the Board's Ban policy for ICL players.

What BCCI is doing is unjust, muscle-flexing and devoid of any real cricketing or legal reason.

As we already know that boards decision to ban players in England backfired, as that is illegal to do.

And I am sure, even with the current law of Bangladesh, BCB's decision can easily be challenged.
Old October 10, 2008, 03:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

the ban is the way forward. we don't really want any of the players from ICL as our team proved yesterday with a dominating performance against NZ. in either case i doubt even if they came back BCB would be ready to put them in our first XI. not a single player has any caliber and the current 11 have players as good or better then all the "betrayers".
in either case i think many that would have shown some interest in the ICL warriors have absolutely no reason to with our REAL team putting in a good performance.
Old October 10, 2008, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
I dont understand this notion of betrayal. neither I understand any such flimsy notion of patriotism that might have any connection with this "betrayal" thingy.

BCCI has everything to do with ICL not being recognised. So yes "BCCI" will come everytime we talk about the legality of ICL.

FICA, the crickets association has come out clean and said that they do not support the Board's Ban policy for ICL players.

What BCCI is doing is unjust, muscle-flexing and devoid of any real cricketing or legal reason.

As we already know that boards decision to ban players in England backfired, as that is illegal to do.

And I am sure, even with the current law of Bangladesh, BCB's decision can easily be challenged.
The thing is, the players had the choice of either staying or leaving. They knew they wouldn't be allowed to play for the national team if they do so. The fact that they turned their backs on the national team knowing the consequences is pretty hurtful.

Anyway, they've made their decision. We've proved we're fine without them. So we can move on.

- Benjamin Franklin
Old October 10, 2008, 03:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

i dont support icl at all.........hate them.if ur a real bd fan u won't support them...happy they gone
Old October 10, 2008, 03:28 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

For Bangladesh it has been a blessing in disguise when all of those numpties left.

Especially Shariar Al Mofees. In all of the big wins over the major cricket playing nations, that rubbish player did not contribute what so ever. It was high time he should have got the sack.

But among all that had joined the mutiny, the most potential of the lot was Aftab Ahmed.

The rest of the hype of the scrap players leaving was created by the media which has touched the common man's sentiments. These players are just worthless, just like the the reject clothes that end up in Bango Baazar market.

It will be interesting to see how they perform. If they perform poorly, the whole media frenzy will fall over them.
Old October 10, 2008, 03:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

i've never supported icl right from the day it started, and never will. however i'm glad to see the back off those that have gone (who could've potentially been in the match yesterday)! and even though i feel kinda pissed off at certain players, i'm still happy for them at what they're getting paid.

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old October 10, 2008, 04:18 AM
BC Editorial Team

Sorry about being cynical.

Quote:
After joining 14 players in ICL, we have no loss except Aftab ahmed. But because of injury he was not in the team. Aftab ahmed was the only potential player whom we will miss.
The impact of ICL is not direct. The players who went (or half of the players who went) are people just outside the national side. They are those who are recycled into and out of the team when something goes wrong. If the team plays as it did yesterday, well and good, and there is no problem. But if a couple of guys start doing badly, or there are a few injuries, you'll have fetch new, replacement players from a level that is below that of those who went to ICL. Many other teams have the player resources to handle it. I am not sure Bangladesh's pool of third layer players is good enough.

So, if things stay the way they were yesterday , everything is fine. But if the team switches back to the September-in-Australia mode, we'll be soon in trouble.

Quote:
Rather than Aftab ahmed our current national team players are good enough in terms of form, talent, commitment, and patience.
Again, if you don't look beyond yesterday, all true. But if you look up the threads during the series in Australia, commitment and patience are not vices that we associate with Ashraful and most of the others
Old October 10, 2008, 07:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Infact the ICL debacle has created a situation for the team to produce immediate result. If we just don't have the trash talking like:

1. We shouldn't play to win & and just try to achieve 200+ scores, like stuff
2. Winning isn't a consideration, if you think of winning agains xranking team u don't understand cric
3. Our players aren't of international class.... bla bla

We won't have much problem in making the kind of progress that was expected after the WC. I don't want to put a percentage to emphasise the mental aspect of the game, but it is very important. The team management should be careful to make positive and morale boosting statements about our cricket & players. Only then the team will continue to improve.

Meanwhile BCB should continue to improve the infrastructure, silently and on own initiative.

None can stop us reaching greater heights in near future.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old October 10, 2008, 09:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Request to everyone (specially the new members): Please take time and look around the forum setup. This will help you navigate in this forum easily.
Quote:

You can discuss the issues to your hearts content in the right forum.

Please look around. All ICL concerns are discussed in

BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Leagues and Tournaments > ICL >

+++

Mods, could you please move the thread in to the right Forum. Thank you!!
Old October 10, 2008, 09:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
Sorry about being cynical.

So, if things stay the way they were yesterday , everything is fine. But if the team switches back to the September-in-Australia mode, we'll be soon in trouble.

Again, if you don't look beyond yesterday, all true. But if you look up the threads during the series in Australia, commitment and patience are not vices that we associate with Ashraful and most of the others

I agree with you. People and media are now flying high due to typical emotion of the country.

[Typical is an arbitrary choice, does not infer good or bad]
Old October 10, 2008, 10:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
i dont support icl at all.........hate them.if ur a real bd fan u won't support them...happy they gone

let your heart not get filled with hatred.

It bogs us down, first to the irrational being and then to a beast.......
Old October 10, 2008, 10:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
The thing is, the players had the choice of either staying or leaving. They knew they wouldn't be allowed to play for the national team if they do so. The fact that they turned their backs on the national team knowing the consequences is pretty hurtful.

Anyway, they've made their decision. We've proved we're fine without them. So we can move on.

Ah, I love that Choice Theory.

All revolutionaries had a choice, either to continue to be subjugated by the status quo and the soceital folly; or try to change it .

I am not calling these players Revolutionary (I think ATMR thinks its a new revolution in cricket; this whole ICL IPL business i mean).

But nevertheless they have expressed dissent, against irresponsible behaviour of our cricket system. And now we punish them cause they are against our order of soceity (cricket structure in this case).

The same logic of yours (exaggerated, and extrapolated version) was used for hundred of years to silence the opposition of standard structure of churches.

Gandhi had a choice to submit to british raj or carry his agenda to free the land. We are happy that he took the later. Since it was our ideology or transformed into one of ours.

This is not an issue of being fine or not. i hope and believe we will continue to be fine. Nothing stops for anybody.
Old October 10, 2008, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Mafiz Vai,
sorry to burst the myth that they are revolutionary. They are mercenary or in Che's word about some so called revolutionary of Africa " Some tourist whose revolution is to spend good time in capitals of the world". I was one of those who you would call independent if you take US election analogy. But I now want them to loss as badly as possible. Do you know why they pissed me off? Because they were loudmouth. Please explain to me why I should not hate them (yes, hate is strong word)
Quote:
1. I have done enough for my country - Dhiman
There was no spin on it, no lost in translation. I heard it from his mouth and in Bangla. Of the last ten years I spend more than six years outside Bangladesh. Twice I got option to stay outside the country; twice I got the opportunity to work for some of the largest company in my field. Twice I decline; I returned to Bangladesh and try to return the favor the country did to me. Still I never feel that I have done an iota for my country. You may call me emotional fool but I do not belive any body could clear his debt to his motherland.
Quote:
2.I don't want to play anymore in bd national team - S Nafees
When did playing for Bangladesh National Team became a right? If you wish, you can play; if you do not wish; you would not play. Players need to remind that playing for Bangladesh is a privilege. It was not selectors fault that he could not perform. He was one of the most privileged one after Alok. We carry this dead wood for one year and six months; He still believe that we should carry him. People often talk about Ashrafool. But at least Ash has an eid day - once in year and he performed once he was dropped. I would quote myself from the thread after SN's quote and you would find that I was giving him benefit of doubt
Quote:
I do not know whether this is sour grape or genuine grief. His performance since beginning of 2007 does not warrant a place in the team. But that also holds true for Big Z, Assfool.Again if you consider Rafiq's sentiment just before his retirement and today's HB's revelation then one may conclude there is something wrong with the team.
Quote:
3. Mohammad Ashraful was very keen to join the Indian Cricket League (ICL) and seeing his interest, I thought if the national skipper could resign from international Cricket why couldn’t I. Even Mashrafe Mortaza asked me to join and as a result I and the others joined ICL but I was shocked when Ashraful and Mortaza did not join ICL -Kapali
This is called back stabbing. I do not know what happened between Ash, Mash and Kopali. Assuming Kopali is telling the truth I would ask him "If Ash-Mash told him to jump from sky scrapper would he jump assuming Ash- Mash would join him?" He knew what BCB would do. If it is false (which I belive) he is not only a back stabber but a pathetic lier. He has no right to play the beautiful gentlemen game of cricket. Do you know the meaning of the term "This is not cricket?". The term stand for some thing which is not fair.
Quote:
4. Siddons and co called me Old man and they show me cold shoulder - HB
Good one HB. Unfortunately I could put the same it to you where are you when DW showed cold shoulder to Ash (I am an HB fan).
If these so called Warriors were revolutionary they would tell the truth that we need the money and we are lazy to work hard for the money. It was a better option. They should have sue BCB for banning them for playing in bangladesh and start a PR work standing up against BCCI. They could say it is BCCI who are they fighting not BCB - the proxy warrior for BCCI. The only placses where I heard this revolutionary word are BC and some pakistani forums where poster whine everything BCCI does but went over the moon when BCCI support their cause.
I would not even call them rebel; they are moaner. Revolutionary , you must be joking. Dr Younis is revolutionary; Fazle Hasan Abed is revolutionary; Che is a revolutionary. They are mercenaries are even worthy of tying the shoe lace of the shoe makers of those revolutionary.
I am eagerly waiting for their capitulation tomorrow. It hurts me so much to support an Indian team against a team from Bangladesh; But the same reason I do not support Jamat (They are a well supported party), I could not support Dhaka Whinners.
Old October 10, 2008, 09:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Mafiz Vai,
sorry to burst the myth that they are revolutionary. They are mercenary or in Che's word about some so called revolutionary of Africa " Some tourist whose revolution is to spend good time in capitals of the world". I was one of those who you would call independent if you take US election analogy. But I now want them to loss as badly as possible. Do you know why they pissed me off? Because they were loudmouth. Please explain to me why I should not hate them (yes, hate is strong word)
If these so called Warriors were revolutionary they would tell the truth that we need the money and we are lazy to work hard for the money. It was a better option. They should have sue BCB for banning them for playing in bangladesh and start a PR work standing up against BCCI. They could say it is BCCI who are they fighting not BCB - the proxy warrior for BCCI. The only placses where I heard this revolutionary word are BC and some pakistani forums where poster whine everything BCCI does but went over the moon when BCCI support their cause.

Excellent reply, I must say. Very passionate.

ATMR thinks this might be new beginning in cricket hierarchy where matches between clubs will have more important. Just like football, unless there is a worldcup or regional chanmpionship, football is primarily confined in club competitions. Cricket might be heading for similar structure. I thought this is a reasonable prediction. [Please forgive me ATMR if I have misunderstood you]

I didnot call them revolutionary. I was pointing out that the way we shunned them is prime reason of my discontent with the whole thing.

during a point of discord, each party should get their chances to present their arguments in association with their counsels in a reasonable and civilized manner, if possible with the help of a third party.

Now during this we didnot really follow such procedure. CWAB the only party who could have been a counsel for the cricketers took the side of BCB and CWAB president Durjoy being a selector makes him look imcompetent and biased on this matter.

Among the ICL players, there are Three groups. In one we have HABA and Rafique and the other group we have Kapali, Aftab manju and them, third one consists of players of aged group and academy players.

Since they are in different stages of their career, they all must have different reasons to do join ICL.

A blanket ban on all of them really is a weak punishment in a way. This weakness is not based on rigour.

For rafique and HABA this ban doesnot really do much harm, as they are at the end of the their career.

That tells me that this ban is rather aimed at younger players when everybody has done the same. So we are selective in punishment. I doubt if academy players and Aftab, kapali, dhiman, SN didnot join we would even had much of this punishment, if any at all. This in effect makes the punishment weak.

I clearly didnot like the "old man" response from HABA. that is probably cultural. "big man" "big boy" "old man" "old boy" these phrases do not necessarily points out to physical size and age. So that is something that could have been taken care through discussions.

Regarding cold shoulder, coaches must have thier own techniques and reason to do so. It is reasonable to take JS and DW as rational and professional person. So they must have their reason whatever that may be. I mean DW always talked about the potential of Ash and have worked a lot with him.

These kids, dhiman is only 20 years old. at that age although we expect them to perform at the highest stage. But as a human being they have not grown. Neither is their educational aptitude is good enough for them to reason a lot of thing the way you would. this is not an excuse, but a reason among many.

They didnot attack BCB at the beginning. media was highly hostile to them and by name calling them, we have clearly squeezed the space necessary for an effective discussion. but we continued to do that. and are still doing it even after the NZ matches. This is unfortunate.

So i see most of their responses as a result of chest thumping by the media along with irrational and emotional response from young cornered minds.

kapali mentioned that Rafiqul Alam was not keen in talking about his contract. Instead of telling him that okay show us some of more of your innigs and then you will get a more permanent contract, he said well if you dont feel like playing dont play, we got more.

kapali is from a poor family with no mother. I mean anybody who sees that the only source of income of his is dependent on not only his performance but also all sort of internal politics and personal favourites of the superioir who holds the power, will seek for something more stable. In light of all these For him ICL seemed more stable source of income for three years and after that if he cant play cricket, he will start a small of business of something to support him and his family with the money earned.

Two things I get out of this. One BCB man managment skill is very poor and this whole process being shoddy.

putting them in the same plate of Jamat is clearly being swept away by raw emotion.
Old October 10, 2008, 09:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

You cant try to find mother tereasa in everyone. The face that you were able to go back home is because you know you have enough skill which will give you reasonable affluency and at the same time and option to do something for the country.

I have family who work in middle east and they cant come back home even after 10 years. Although they would love to leave those jobs and do something here. Reason being his large family that he needs to support. he knows he doesnot have any way of supporting all of them in a reasonable way by staying in bangladesh.

You are fortunate and brave to be able to go back. I am fortunate in that way as well that I dont have a huge family to care for and I am acquiring a reasonable skill set to do so. not everyone is as lucky as us.
Old October 11, 2008, 07:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
You cant try to find mother tereasa in everyone. The face that you were able to go back home is because you know you have enough skill which will give you reasonable affluency and at the same time and option to do something for the country.

I have family who work in middle east and they cant come back home even after 10 years. Although they would love to leave those jobs and do something here. Reason being his large family that he needs to support. he knows he doesnot have any way of supporting all of them in a reasonable way by staying in bangladesh.

You are fortunate and brave to be able to go back. I am fortunate in that way as well that I dont have a huge family to care for and I am acquiring a reasonable skill set to do so. not everyone is as lucky as us.
Mafiz vai,
I have my reasons to be back and yes my skill and my family background could support me long term. So I would not call myself a revolutionary or take shots on those who do stay outside. But the point I wanted to prove that I do not consider myself by giving my service to country I am paying back to my country.
Everything else I you said in above two post I agree and disagree to some extent.
Regarding Kapali - Rafiq, what is wrong for Rafiq to wait for sometime before giving some one a contract. In every job there are some waiting period before you were offered permanent / better deal. And in almost every job we have some misgivings about our superior; we move on