facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 10, 2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly, Rafiq, Klusner
Default ICL issue will be resolved soon

ICL issue will be resolved soon

The 'rebel' tag of the Indian Cricket League may soon disappear and the Twenty20 tournament could get the backing of the Internationa
l Cricket Council, hoped ICL owner Subhash Chandra during the opening ceremony of the second edition of the tournament on Friday.

"I have got the assurances from the ICC and the cricket administrators of the country that the conflict regarding the ICL will be resolved soon," Chandra, who had a meeting with ICC president David Morgan recently, said in his speech.

"This tournament is providing an excellent opportunity to the country's young cricketers and it will continue in the coming days as well," he added.

The second season of the ICL meanwhile got off to a rousing start at the Lal Bahadur Shashtri Stadium here.

The 15,000-strong crowd went wild as the fluorescent lightning and colourful special effects created an electrifying environment all around.

The 50-minute long opening ceremony was adorned with skillful performance by Shaoline monks and a spectacular dance show by over 250 performers from Shiamak Davar's Troupe.

Over 100 drummers and around 20 international performers added to the charm.

The nine teams, including new entrant Dhaka Warriors, received a tumultuous welcome from the spectators as they were led by their respective skippers.

Dressed in colourful jerseys, they lined up on the middle of the pitch amid loud cheering.

"We are ready to make this tournament a success from every aspect. We are on the right track and I believe the tournament is going to be much more interesting and closely contested in the second season than what it was the last time," said Kapil Dev, Chairman of the ICL's Executive Board.

The ceremony also witnessed a spectacular fireworks display, announcing the beginning of the tournament that started with a high-octane clash between defending champions Hyderabad Heroes and last edition's runners-up Lahore Badshahs.

Among others, the ceremony was attended by former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker KR Suresh Reddy.

Link
Old October 10, 2008, 01:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Hope that is the case.
Old October 10, 2008, 01:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly, Rafiq, Klusner

but i dont think those player will have a spot in the team, either way.... unless the become next Tendy, Lee, Or Wasim, they gona have a hard time coming back to the team
Old October 10, 2008, 01:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

All it needs to solve the problem is: To agree to pay an agreeable amount of money to ICC & BCCI from each tournament of ICL.

Always knew it will be solved. Good that they had this trouble with BCCI, or else a BD team in ICL would be unthinkable. Now DW is there in their bad times, none can remove them. Good for our cricketers & our ICL boys will become national heroes.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old October 14, 2008, 12:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Default BCCI president to meet ICL representatives !!

Quote:
The Indian board has agreed to meet officials of the unsanctioned ICL, the first time the two sides will have met since the league was set up in April 2007. This was one of the two major decisions taken on the first day of the ICC board meeting in Dubai,
Quote:
ICL officials have welcomed the proposed meeting with Shashank Manohar, the BCCI president, and said they hoped for an "early resolution" to their quest for official recognition. However, a senior BCCI official said that nothing much should be read into the ICC board's decision, "because it does not in any way indicate a result".

The ICL has sought official sanction under Rule 32 of the ICC operations manual which pertains to authorised unofficial cricket. But siginificantly, Manohar and Lalit Modi, a BCCI vice-president, are on a five-member ICC sub-committee that has worked on "new regulations governing official and unofficial cricket" that were discussed at the board meeting today. ICL officials, however, indicated that they expected Manohar to meet Subhash Chandra, the chairman of Essel group that owns ICL, "very soon". "We will be in dialogue with BCCI and we hope the outcome suits all," Chandra said. "The ICL has always worked towards promoting the game and players," Himanshu Mody, the ICL's business head, told Cricinfo. "We hope the outcome of discussions between the BCCI and ICL will benefit players at large. We look forward to an early resolution."

The BCCI, apparently, views the situation differently. "The only resolution that can be looked at is one where the ICL agrees to operate within the BCCI's parameters," the official said. "Till then, the announcement of the meeting is just a statement of fact, and nothing more. It's not as significant as it is being made out to be." Manohar will provide a written report of his discussions with the ICL to the ICC board.

Since its inception, the ICL has been vehemently opposed by the Indian board, which has banned players associated with the league from all forms of official cricket and barred them from using any of its facilities. The ICL has, meanwhile, been pressing the ICC unsuccessfully for official recognition of their unsanctioned venture for several months. Subsequently they requested the ICC for a meeting, and Chandra met David Morgan, the ICC president, in London last week to present the Twenty20 league's case for recognition. The ICL is hoping for a status similar to the one that has been granted to the Stanford venture in the West Indies, but the crucial difference is that the Caribbean tournament has been endorsed by its home board, the WICB.
LINK
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old October 14, 2008, 01:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Hoile o ki na hoile o ki

OI playerder amader ar dorkar nai.

Dhiman re dorkar chilo but shei ja bolse..tarpore ore national team e ar na neyai better hobe."he has given enough for his country"

Aftab ke o dorkar chilo but shei to bolse eto hardwork shei korte parbena. he doesnt like working hard.

so erokom player der amader dorkar ta ki.
Old October 14, 2008, 05:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Enough is a relative term and we can argue... hoiw much is enough.

However there should be no argument that whatever Dhiman have given to his country with his hard work and dedication its more than what I have give to Bangladesh Cricket or even bagh mama have given to bangladesh.

Actually Bagh Mama is doing more damage than good to bangladesh cricket.

When I bangladeshi national players retire from team, I respect them ... I forget their short comming.... I appreciate their contribution.... I see its a time to apprecuiate them. When a curerent player occupy a slot in the team and not contribute, thats the player I love to hate... not the player who reitred like Bashar for example.