facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2008, 05:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default BC members need to get a grip!

we choked, guys. get over it and gear up for the 3rd ODI.

yes the approach was flawed, but mostly because we didn't execute the plan we had. the plan was NOT BAD AT ALL. bat slowly and then cruise to the target. same plan as the first match because the scenario was identical.

tamim's and mushy's early dismissal was the key to the downfall.

we've HAVE NEVER BEFORE been in the position of clinching a series against top teams, so it was a new experience for ALL of our players.

hopefully the learned from their mistakes are mentally prepared to chase even 250 to win the 3rd and final ODI.

i really don't think NZ will be held to 200 runs a third consecutive time, but i also don't think they will score any more than 240 or so. razzak won't be expensive again, tamim and sakib cannot fail again, neither can naeem perhaps.

even with the over-cautious approach, the win was possible.

had ash taken and survived the PPs, we could have lowered the RRR to 7 an over, which is daal-bhath in the slog overs. it would have given us a 50-50 chance to win.

i agree, getting more singles, would have increased those odds to 80-20 or higher, but 50-50 ain't bad. its bangladesh vs #3, ya'll.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old October 11, 2008, 05:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Be patient. Chance will come again. But their batting is really weak. There is no middle order batsman. Only allrounders like Sakib, Riad. That is the main problem. We have to wait to get a strong middle order.
Old October 11, 2008, 05:32 PM
Cricket Sage

thats where raqib and naeem will come into play. and hopefully ash is learning, slowly but perhaps surely. wait and see i guess.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 11, 2008, 05:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Raqib is injured. Probably, he will miss the test series too.
Old October 11, 2008, 05:36 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly, Rafiq, Klusner

THANK YOU al F.!! i been saying this since last night! the plan was correct! batting slowly wasnt the problem!
they were trying to do xctly what NZ did. Batting Slowly, THE BOOM BOOM at the end. they were doing "dhekhhay dhekhay shekha" style!
followed how NZ batted. but one thing didnt follow us was the luck!

NZ batted slowly, so did BD

NZ lost quick wickets while batting slowly, so did BD.

NZ got lucky, and lasted till the 50th over, had atleast ONE wicket to SLOG, didnt get all out even though they were all out @ 167, but BD didnt get lucky, got all out, NZ didnt make the same mistake as BD did, they took the catches, run outs, every thing....
Old October 11, 2008, 05:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

NZ batted slowly, so did BD. NZ lost quick wickets while batting slowly, so did BD.
I am not agree with you knocked_up bhai. New Zealand lost quick wickets, as a result they were forced to bat slowly. On the other hand, Bangladesh got a shaky start and probably they were shocked by the last over storm. Mohammad Ashraful and Junaid Siddique made a partnership but they lost configuration of the game.
Old October 11, 2008, 05:52 PM
Test Cricketer

I don't understand why we depend on Ash so much that we let him controlled the whole match. All other players need to step up and show us that they can win matches for us as well.. all the big wins all coz of Ash.. why?
Old October 11, 2008, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea
Raqib is injured. Probably, he will miss the test series too.
The first part is known to all. What is your source of the 2nd part of our comment? Cheers!
Old October 11, 2008, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

We have every right to be upset. This was our golden opportunity for our first ever series win against a T8 team and we just let it go. Frankly I can't motivate myself to believe that we have a chance in Chittagong. And looking at our next fixtures: South Africa and Sri Lanka, we will have to wait quite some time for another opportunity like this.
Old October 11, 2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea
NZ batted slowly, so did BD. NZ lost quick wickets while batting slowly, so did BD.
I am not agree with you knocked_up bhai. New Zealand lost quick wickets, as a result they were forced to bat slowly. On the other hand, Bangladesh got a shaky start and probably they were shocked by the last over storm. Mohammad Ashraful and Junaid Siddique made a partnership but they lost configuration of the game.
EXACTLY! we lost 2 quick wickets. what you want them to do? still keep on hitting? at that stage, we couldnt afford to lose Ash nor Big Z. they were trying to settle down. and they did settle down, tried to hit. but NZ were too good. they kept it tight. and thats when Shakib and Big Z got out, trying to over take the TIGHT NZ FIELDERS. and pressure was on Ash, got Naeem out.

and dont blame Ash for not hitting, credit to NZ fielders.

it was like *BIG man shot! but one run* nicely fielded
Old October 11, 2008, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
We have every right to be upset. This was our golden opportunity for our first ever series win against a T8 team and we just let it go. Frankly I can't motivate myself to believe that we have a chance in Chittagong. And looking at our next fixtures: South Africa and Sri Lanka, we will have to wait quite some time for another opportunity like this.
thats where the problem with BD FANS!
ONES WE DREAM, and IF IT COMES TRUE, WE START TO DREAM BIGGER. and IF THAT TIME AROUND DREAM DOESNT COME TRUE, WE GIVE UP...

keep a balance...pls
Old October 11, 2008, 06:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Saffers are known to be choker. Are we becoming a minnow version of them
Old October 11, 2008, 07:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

how long will it take us to realize our true nature of losing early wickets and restructure our plans accordingly...is the question in my mind
Old October 11, 2008, 08:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Saffers are known to be choker. Are we becoming a minnow version of them
bhaijan..ekhane bohut boro ekta difference asee..ora jitte jitte..hotat ekbar ghumaya jai..ar amader era ghumaite ghumaite hotat jitte jai...
Old October 11, 2008, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree with the plan being fine at first. However, there are moments when the plan MUST BE CHANGED. When the asking rate climbed to 5.50 during the Junaid/Ashraful partnership, Ashraful was content with giving away 2 maiden overs.

I read comments by members saying that "all is fine, we just need to keep wickets in hand and chase it in the last 10 overs."

A question to those members: What did you want to end up chasing? 120 in 10 overs?

We need to face the facts - we don't have players like Oram. Plans should be made according to the resources we have. We needed our top-order to click and unfortunately they weren't able to on this occasion. Tamim was a big loss I felt - he always is when chasing.

Anyway, what's happened has happened. We beat them in the first ODI, and I'm confident that this is still the best chance we have of winning a series against major opposition. We will hopefully pull it off.
Old October 11, 2008, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

50 runs in 20 overs...that killed the game.
Old October 11, 2008, 08:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
bhaijan..ekhane bohut boro ekta difference asee..ora jitte jitte..hotat ekbar ghumaya jai..ar amader era ghumaite ghumaite hotat jitte jai...
Agreed, thats why I said minnow version.
Old October 11, 2008, 09:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

If after so much cricket we have not got a grip then we are still minnows in fans world.
Old October 11, 2008, 11:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

what if.... what if only we didn't lose by 75 runs but actually made 169???? would we feel like kicking ourselves afterwards?
Old October 12, 2008, 01:10 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
hopefully the learned from their mistakes are mentally prepared to chase even 250 to win the 3rd and final ODI.

i really don't think NZ will be held to 200 runs a third consecutive time, but i also don't think they will score any more than 240 or so. razzak won't be expensive again, tamim and sakib cannot fail again, neither can naeem perhaps.
One of the main reason why NZ scored moderate totals in the two matches is the picth. Obviously our bowlers were excelent, but the pitch had a role. It was woefully slow for the Kiwis to handle. The pitch in CDS is comparativley far more quicker that this one and the ball does come on to the bat. If we dont get early wickets specially the openers Mcullum-Ryder and Taylor u may be looking at 280-300 or perhaps even more.

Last edited by safaat; October 12, 2008 at 01:19 PM..
Old October 12, 2008, 01:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
yes the approach was flawed, but mostly because we didn't execute the plan we had. the plan was NOT BAD AT ALL. bat slowly and then cruise to the target. same plan as the first match because the scenario was identical.

I agree it was the right plan. There wasn't very big flaw in execution as well. They just couldn't handle the run rate at the end. That's partltly as you said, having no contribution at the top. Even 20-30 quick runs from Tamim & add the rest as it went, we had a good chance.

That's the reason I have high hopes for the next.
Old October 12, 2008, 01:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

In the last three one day matches, we lost two, won one, but could have won all three. To me that is a positive sign. We gotta keep knockin on the door. Keep the games close. Thats how you learn to win. It won't come overnight but staying in the game or be in situations to win any game will certainly raise our chances for wins.
Old October 12, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
In the last three one day matches, we lost two, won one, but could have won all three. To me that is a positive sign. We gotta keep knockin on the door. Keep the games close. Thats how you learn to win. It won't come overnight but staying in the game or be in situations to win any game will certainly raise our chances for wins.
Yes Beamer bhai. Every other ex-minnows did the same thing. Now a days we are closing the gap that's for sure.
Old October 12, 2008, 01:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
we choked, guys. get over it and gear up for the 3rd ODI.

we've HAVE NEVER BEFORE been in the position of clinching a series against top teams, so it was a new experience for ALL of our players.

even with the over-cautious approach, the win was possible.

had ash taken and survived the PPs, we could have lowered the RRR to 7 an over, which is daal-bhath in the slog overs. it would have given us a 50-50 chance to win.

i agree, getting more singles, would have increased those odds to 80-20 or higher, but 50-50 ain't bad. its bangladesh vs #3, ya'll.
aah cruise through the target. We have Oram, Hayden, Gilchrist, and McCullum down the order.
Old October 12, 2008, 03:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
exactly.

we've never before been in a situation where we could have won multiple consecutive games. and at least we won one of them. you have to learn from your mistakes, and the boys are learning though often it seems they aren't. they will learn to find the middle ground between heartless slogging and simple blocking of every ball.

lets remember our top order consists of junaid, tamim, rahim, and naeem - whose collective experience doesn't even span 100 matches.

#OneTeam1Dream