facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 18, 2008, 09:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR
Thumbs up Akram said it all: An article from Prothom Alo

Nice writing from Akram Khan the former Captain of Bangladesh Cricket team and a present National Selector. You would fee the inner feelings of a cricketer.

Read Article
Old October 18, 2008, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

very good article Akram... thanks!!
Old October 19, 2008, 09:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

A very one sided article. Loaded with frustration for being deprived.

He has failed to understand the context.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old October 19, 2008, 10:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

And what is the context?
Old October 19, 2008, 11:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

Deprived of? Is there any thing that I missed brother?
Old October 19, 2008, 02:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Akram is one of the BD cricketers that I respect the most. To me, his innings against the Dutch(ICC Trophy) is the most important batting performance in the history of BD cricket. But if the prothom-alo article is true, I would say, he is not thinking professionally. As far as I understand, he wants to say that whatever be the situation, you can not complain against all the mis-management!

He is looking for the difference in standards of BD cricket between now and 20 years back. If he had asked himself the question, he could very easily identify where the problem lies. All those mis-management must bear the major responsibility. He should better talk against such mis-managements and the erroneous selection policy than expecting that the players should accept all those stupidities of the management and still 'perform' without complaining. This simply does not work!

Those days of 'playing for respect' do not exist any more (i doubt, if that actually existed even during Akram's time). All these players are professional cricketers, they depend solely on cricket for their living. You can not expect that they won't take the chance of getting rid of the comedy of selection and management. Everybody wants to play for the country. But not for the sake of being puppets to the BCB officials.

Last edited by Baundule; October 20, 2008 at 02:46 AM..
Old October 19, 2008, 03:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

that was against holland bro.

nice read. he is one of my favorite players and i still remember his knock against holland

Last edited by Sovik; October 19, 2008 at 03:25 PM..
Old October 20, 2008, 02:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
that was against holland bro.

nice read. he is one of my favorite players and i still remember his knock against holland
yep, sovik, you are right. I have corrected my post.
Old October 20, 2008, 06:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: kothhin proshno

as salaamu alaikum, akram bhai amar parar boro bhai, unar family motamuti poishawala e chhilo, ekhon o achhe. unar aar unar bhaipo nafis er hoito poisha niye chinta korte hoi na, kintu shobar to aar "khwaja hotel" othoba "sports center" nai, je sharadin khelleo kono chinta nai. akram bhaijan aar unar onnanno bhai era sharadin practice korte perechhe, Allah unader tawfique diyechhen. ekhon to professional cricket er jug, bachcha bachcha chhele ra ashbe aar thik moto poisha pabe na, oder cholbe ki bhabe. jatiyo dol er bahire cricketer der beton to khub e kom. ebhabe ki professional cricket khela jai? akram bhai jodi kono din ei post poren, asha kori jobab dite parben, jodio mone hoi na uni bangla cricket e ashen.
Old October 20, 2008, 06:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

by the way, shabdhan er mar nai, in case akram bhai shotti shotti kokhon o ei post dekhe, kono beyadobi hoye thakle jeno maf kore den, ami shudhu ekta point bolbar cheshta korlam. asha kori onnanno rao ei point ta positively nebe
Old October 20, 2008, 03:43 PM
Cricket Guru

আকরাম ভাই কিছু মনে করবেন না। উনি বড় মনের মানুষ
Old October 20, 2008, 09:24 PM
Test Cricketer

during Akram's time, he didn't have the opportunity to earn more bucks. Even if he wanted, what he could have done?
However, i have tremendous respect for Akram.
Old October 21, 2008, 03:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

amar chhoto bhai sunny747 amar post ta pore nai, na hole mon dei nai, ki aar korar. akram bhai bonedi dhorer chhele. unader bhalo poisha achhe. business er poisha. aar akram bhai aar unar onnanno bhai era sharadin onushilon korto. karon khabar aar thakar chinta to nai. takar chinta na thakle thanda mathai onushilon to korai jai. kintu ekjon aftab jatiyo dol e na thakle tar bhoi lage, karon tokhon taka pabe koi?

hehe ekdom direct lekhalekhi kore dilam, er poreo jodi chhoto bhai sunny na bujhe taile aar ki korar. by the way, respect to akram bhai, unake mosjid e dekhle othoba pothe dekhle buk e onek shanti lagto, amar shob shomoikar fav ekjon batsman.
Old October 23, 2008, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Deprived of?
Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Is there any thing that I missed brother? And Antu: What's the context?
I think so. I don't think joining ICL has anything to do with his story of how good boys & dedicated/motivated they were in those time.

My grand fathar went to school wlaking 5 miles, would be tolerating rudeness of masters etc that doesn't mean that if my son goes to school by car to a 2 km distance & expects respectable behaviour from teachers etc are unfair. Are these compareable? He simply lived a different time.

I respect my grand Father & he is the best human being I have ever met in this world, not because of walking 5 miles to school, but for different reason. Similarly Akram is one of my alltime most favourite BD players not because of what he has written or sacrificed, but for his performance.

I don't buy that they never complained against anything & were all epitomes of nationalism & patriotism. They only didn't get an international publicity for understandable reasons. Beating, Abusing, Boycotting the umpires/refferees/officials, politics, partial sellection, criticisms etc culture didn't develop after Nazimuddin joined in BD team. We read a lots of stories in news papers about those, not in cricinfo though.

By the way, he has made all the complains, by saying that we have never complained.
Example: I have never complained in BC that the BC Editor is not coming to BC while our boys have lost a very close match and the BC members are all down. Tell me have I ever complaine it as his irresponsibility? Like the current generation fans, the players are much more bold and straight forward, they say things & act upon as it is the reality. I think that's a better culture. Like a todays Bc member would say "Miraz where are you? We are missing your input in the forum"

So basically, he has narrated a nice emotional/motivational side of him. I take that but can't take the criticism of DW players in ICL in that context.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; October 24, 2008 at 07:21 AM..
Old October 23, 2008, 10:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthiander
amar chhoto bhai sunny747 amar post ta pore nai, na hole mon dei nai, ki aar korar. akram bhai bonedi dhorer chhele. unader bhalo poisha achhe. business er poisha. aar akram bhai aar unar onnanno bhai era sharadin onushilon korto. karon khabar aar thakar chinta to nai. takar chinta na thakle thanda mathai onushilon to korai jai. kintu ekjon aftab jatiyo dol e na thakle tar bhoi lage, karon tokhon taka pabe koi?

hehe ekdom direct lekhalekhi kore dilam, er poreo jodi chhoto bhai sunny na bujhe taile aar ki korar. by the way, respect to akram bhai, unake mosjid e dekhle othoba pothe dekhle buk e onek shanti lagto, amar shob shomoikar fav ekjon batsman.
In fact i was supporting your post.