facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 2, 2008, 09:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib
Default Bangladesh Cricket and ICL

Not sure how many of you are seriously following ICL. In the light of what Dhaka Warriors have achieved up to now is very promising and gives me the feeling that Bangladesh cricket can only benefit from ICL. Point in case:

Alok's confidence: The few occasions I have seen (live or video) Alok Kapali bat for Bangladesh, he used to walk in the middle nervouse, scared and lacking in confidence - clearly visible. Those of you have seen any of the Dhaka Warriors matches, Alok Kapali is a totally transformed perosn - his body language, broad smile and confidence in the middle is a truth to be admitted. I say soon he is getting a call from IPL. In the 20/20 form of the game Alok can be an asset to Bangladesh cricket.

Shahriar Nafees; Agani a transformed new man. His footwork has evolved. He is picking up fuller lenght balls lot better and seems that his hand eye coordination has evolved into a more aggressive force.

What's the point in banning these players. For any failures Bangladesh have had in the international outfit in the last 8 years, the party I would make responsible is BCB. Wonder what can I do to ban BCB really?

I am all for ICL exodus. Let's see Dhaka Warriors get a few quality bowlers from Australia/England/South Africa. Go Warriors!
Old November 2, 2008, 10:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Hello ZunaidH,
There are lots of discussion going on about ICL in the ICL sub-forum.

By the way, T20 style of thinking will doom BD cricket's future. Keep it as far as possible from BD cricket's proper structure. I want patience as the strongest character to our BD players.

Alok, Aftab, SN, Nazimuddin are T20 players. They are better off there. Please take Ash with you guys.

Please redirect this thread to the proper destination.
Old November 2, 2008, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

How can it help BD while playing T20 against crappy bowlers in not so good pitches in a small ground !!??
Old November 2, 2008, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
How can it help BD while playing T20 against crappy bowlers in not so good pitches in a small ground !!??
Ignorance...
Old November 2, 2008, 11:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
In the same note, let's ban all the domestic leagues in Bangladesh.
Old November 2, 2008, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Quote:
So, Shane bond, Navedul Hasan, Shabbir ahmed are crappy, I think from now on we need to learn new dimension of cricket which will suite you people.
Old November 2, 2008, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

50 over cricket is too boring to survive for too long. If we must have a short version of the game, it has to be T20's; and what better way to promote it than staging leagues involving multinational clubs?

The ICL may not have players of the same quality as international cricket, but it can certainly boast of the competitive nature that international matches lack.
Old November 2, 2008, 11:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
In the same note, let's ban all the domestic leagues in Bangladesh.
Post of the century! Excellent reply Eshen bhai!
Old November 2, 2008, 11:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

What do you think about T10(10 over) game. It will be more exciting.
Old November 2, 2008, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

When renowned BUET professors take on foreign jobs and leave, no one calls them traitors. We even applaud them when they receive recognition from foreign institutes they work for. Why can't we take the same approach to ICL cricketers? Obviously, exodus of cricketers, who were not even national team regulars, can't hurt the nation as much as exodus of our top educators.
Old November 2, 2008, 11:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

I have no problem with ICL but Alok and the rest chose to resign from the Bangladesh team first and then signed for ICL and they did not even respond to the call of BCB to discuss things before they left for India. I understand they are professionals and money is important but they simply turned their backs on the hand that fed them. In no other career are you given free training and a opportunity to develop. BCB developed these players from obscurity through the academy, a-teams and all the other programs for cricket players. Alok has been given so many chances again and again despite not performing that it is a joke that he is complaining of unfair treatment. He was a part of both the test and ODI team when he resigned. I would rather not have players who are talented but will not give anything to play for his country. He is a traitor and should be treated as such. No one would know him if it wasn't for Bangladesh cricket and by turning his back towards his country and his fans, he deserves nothing either. He can stay in ICL all his life and earn as much money as he want but he will never earn the respect of a true cricketer playing in low class 20-20 games.
Old November 2, 2008, 11:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

ICL is far more competitive then our Domestic league. And i just love the way our cricketers are bouncing back in the competition.Our BD team played in Busta Cup in WI and some tournaments in India before. but DW performence is far better then those teams
Old November 2, 2008, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Hello ZunaidH,
There are lots of discussion going on about ICL in the ICL sub-forum.

By the way, T20 style of thinking will doom BD cricket's future. Keep it as far as possible from BD cricket's proper structure. I want patience as the strongest character to our BD players.

Alok, Aftab, SN, Nazimuddin are T20 players. They are better off there. Please take Ash with you guys.
What you say is true.

But a thing that used to be missing from players like Alok, Aftab, SN is the confidence and the winning mentality. They don't believe they have the ability to do well in international cricket. However you don't see this missing in U-19 players like Tamim and Shakib because they are used to being succesful in international cricket with their U-19 team and Academy.

But if you have actually seen the ICL matches players like Alok, Aftab and SN and even HaBa are playing so confidently. When they are speaking they are saying we are professional, we are good enough.

And I am sorry to inform you that T20 cricket is here to stay.

I am sorry but some people are just closing their mind and being biased against ICL, when you guys are ready to view it from an open mind you will automatically see the benefits of ICL.
Old November 2, 2008, 12:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
I have no problem with ICL but Alok and the rest chose to resign from the Bangladesh team first and then signed for ICL and they did not even respond to the call of BCB to discuss things before they left for India. I understand they are professionals and money is important but they simply turned their backs on the hand that fed them. In no other career are you given free training and a opportunity to develop. BCB developed these players from obscurity through the academy, a-teams and all the other programs for cricket players. Alok has been given so many chances again and again despite not performing that it is a joke that he is complaining of unfair treatment. He was a part of both the test and ODI team when he resigned. I would rather not have players who are talented but will not give anything to play for his country. He is a traitor and should be treated as such. No one would know him if it wasn't for Bangladesh cricket and by turning his back towards his country and his fans, he deserves nothing either. He can stay in ICL all his life and earn as much money as he want but he will never earn the respect of a true cricketer playing in low class 20-20 games.
Six months before nobody cared about Alok Kapali, we used to hate him. Now why you ppl so much worry about him?? Is that because he scoring runs in ICL?? My question is if Alok scored 30-40 runs in ICL, would you ask this here? And why calling him traitors, when you living in NY city earning dollars. So Can I call you traitors???
Old November 2, 2008, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion
In no other career are you given free training and a opportunity to develop. BCB developed these players from obscurity through the academy, a-teams and all the other programs for cricket players.
I will once again bring out the BUET example - Bangladesh government spends millions to give students of this institute a good education, but the cream of them leave the country as soon as they graduate. Should the government put a life ban on those guys that they can't work for a Bangladeshi company? Will this ban benefit or hurt the future of the nation?
Old November 2, 2008, 12:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I will once again bring out the BUET example - Bangladesh government spends millions to give students of this institute a good education, but the cream of them leave the country as soon as they graduate. Should the government put a life ban on those guys that they can't work for a Bangladeshi company? Will this ban benefit or hurt the future of the nation?
Dont worry about BUET mate, These ppl went to public shool, took free education for 10-12 yrs, went to govt uni took degree and tht degrees were the ticket to migrate overseas. So our Govt spending lots of money for the students. In return the Country gets nothing.

BCB does the same thing to our players but dont forget they earning millions of dollars because of these players.
Old November 2, 2008, 12:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

people r forgetting that these ICL teams r as string as those IR, Scott and Zimb in Aisa... So these so called supper star of ours could score against them in BD and they r doing it now...

BTW people are forgetting another thing. in every match they have been dropped. (At least the 1/2 i have seen). and the catches where loppa kind too... miss hits going over the bounder for 6 and many many things. I really enjoyed them playing in ICL but then i know the standard of the game. BTW i also enjoyed whatching para games too that doesn't mean i think they will play better against big teams... lol
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old November 2, 2008, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

A reminder for the Alok haters - he was refused a central contract before he left, by the same selectors who were very prompt to offer contracts to inexperienced and unproven players like Zunaed, Mehrab, and Riad. I think he had enough reasons to feel insecure about his future with Bangladesh team.
Old November 2, 2008, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
ICL is far more competitive then our Domestic league.
Heck it's even more competitive than international cricket. The only way the game is going to get more followers is through club competitions. We need white, brown, yellow, red, black, green, orange, violet, blue players to play together under the same roof in harmony. The game needs a wider range of opponents for its players to ensure greater competition as well as quality.

As a fan of sports in general, I want to see the kind of hunger to win that the ICL teams display. I don't want mismatches and stark differences between teams - I want anyone to be able to beat anyone any day. I want to watch a 39 year old Chris Harris lead his team to victory through grit and determination and clinch his fist in joy when he scores the winning runs in the last over of the game, albeit that being the four hundred thousandth game that he's played in his life. That's the kind of passion that I'm willing to pay for if need be (haven't felt the need yet, thanks to the world wide web).

At the end of the day, cricket is only a sport. The players have to have fun to be able to give it their hundred per cent; and that's the kind of fun that the Warriors seem to have every time they are on the field. The same kind of passion and competition can be injected into international cricket by allowing club competitions to flourish. The ICL and the IPL (not so much the Stanford T20 as even the players don't take it seriously) are tournaments that strike me as having the potential to manufacture better players and induce the kind of quality that fans crave into international cricket.
Old November 2, 2008, 12:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
When renowned BUET professors take on foreign jobs and leave, no one calls them traitors. We even applaud them when they receive recognition from foreign institutes they work for. Why can't we take the same approach to ICL cricketers? Obviously, exodus of cricketers, who were not even national team regulars, can't hurt the nation as much as exodus of our top educators.
If the cricketers went to IPL or ICL was not banned then these player would have been also appreciate too. The problem is they knew this league is banned and still went there jeopardizing a lot of things like weaken the NCL which was weak to begin with. And i am sure any BUET teacher going to Isreail will not be apprciate too. So don't mix these too.

One more thing some said about public school and stuff. listen bro we have 2% job opertunities in BD. so what are the rest 98% suppose to do? among those 88% maybe 20% gets to go abroad and then sends back tons of money back home. and those that r leaving r getting filled up by same catagorey people so not much loss. btw almost none of these people get speciall coaching and training from Govt.

But these players where earning money and had jobs (they all were playing NCL). and unfortunetly now we don't have same kind of people to fill their gaps. and when these players received so much trainings and stuff then people has the right to say what they r saying... again if this wasn't a banned league this wouldn't be a issue and also not every one in that team is also an issue. just those few...
Old November 2, 2008, 12:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
So, Shane bond, Navedul Hasan, Shabbir ahmed are crappy, I think from now on we need to learn new dimension of cricket which will suite you people.
does DW player face shane bond, navedul hassan and sabbir ahmed every ball............but in international cricket every bowler is world class.....just think if alok and nafees playing in icl well,why they couldnt show their talent in international lavel. this is because the oppsion bowler is too fast and too good for them.think about SN....played well aginst Zimbabwe and struggle with big team like aus,sri,SA,NZ etc. just think about it.

i can guranteee u this is why they playng good in ICL.
Old November 2, 2008, 12:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Folks;
This thread got pushed to the wrong section. It was actually about BD cricket and how BCB should be slowly obsolete. If I had the time and the money I would raise a milion dollar campaign to put BCB out of business.

Anyways, those of you think the bowling is sub par at ICL, you should look at the clips when Andrew hall, Shane Bond and the Murtaza 's bowling. The future of cricket is T20 and franchises. The days of national cricket board and one day matches will soon be obslete.

go Warriors!

Last edited by ZunaidH; November 2, 2008 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old November 2, 2008, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
If the cricketers went to IPL or ICL was not banned then these player would have been also appreciate too. The problem is they knew this league is banned and still went there jeopardizing a lot of things like weaken the NCL which was weak to begin with. And i am sure any BUET teacher going to Isreail will not be apprciate too. So don't mix these too.
Banned or not, all those BUET teachers and students have left their country for a better future for themselves, and only a handful of them will ever come back. On the other hand, those ICL cricketers did not intend to leave their country for good, it's our spineless board that given up to the pressure of BCCI and banned them.

Quote:
One more thing some said about public school and stuff. listen bro we have 2% job opertunities in BD. so what are the rest 98% suppose to do? among those 88% maybe 20% gets to go abroad and then sends back tons of money back home. and those that r leaving r getting filled up by same catagorey people so not much loss. btw almost none of these people get speciall coaching and training from Govt.
I am not talking about all the immigrants in general (notice I have not mentioned even Dhaka university students), but those brilliant BUET students and teachers could make as much as Alok and other ICL cricketers were making from domestic leagues, if not more.

If you don't consider the brain drain that's Bangladesh is suffering a huge loss, or something less than that of the exodus of handful cricketers to ICL, I don't know what to tell you.

BTW, are those cricketers sending money to Swiss bank instead of bringing it to Bangladesh?

Quote:
and when these players received so much trainings and stuff then people has the right to say what they r saying...
So you think developing those engineers is cheap?!

Last edited by Eshen; November 2, 2008 at 02:00 PM..
Old November 2, 2008, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

BTW, I have nothing against BUET teachers or students who left their country. I am just bringing them as an example how hard it's to live in a country where you are under appreciated (although you know that that country invested a lot to help you develop) and resist the lure of a better financial future.
Old November 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
Cricket Guru

There r so many threads about ICL and i have just posted in another thread saying why ICL is bad for us. and continuing it from there... one simple thing is BUET teacher s leaving the country yes there is a loss but its not going to stop the making of engineers or BUET but for these players and if some more goes there then it might stop the whole cricket thing in BD. And if you can't see that i am not sure what to tell u guys...

YES BCB is bad, BCCI is more but we have to live in that. like i said once we lose our TEST status ICL will have NO DHAKA team, there won't be any money for ANYBODY and there won't be any BC.com. this is not some one leaving a teaching position to get a job outside the country its much more political than that. in 20/30 years things like this will not even scracth BD just like pak or india but now is not the time unfortunately for us, player and every one involved. ICL is not paying BD players because they r brilliant they r paying to brake us and BCCI.