facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old November 17, 2008, 12:19 AM
wiseshah wiseshah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Posts: 6,135

my Xi

tamim
imrul
rokib
ashraful
mehrab jr
sakib
Mushfiq
nayeem
sajedul
robin
shahadat
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old November 17, 2008, 03:11 AM
Abid_Khan's Avatar
Abid_Khan Abid_Khan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 5, 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,233

Hopefully the team can set up a formidable total and put some pressure on South Africa!! GO BDESH!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old November 17, 2008, 04:51 AM
abz_786 abz_786 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 8, 2008
Location: East London
Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel
Posts: 2,357

i want to see good performance from bd
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old November 17, 2008, 04:53 AM
abz_786 abz_786 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 8, 2008
Location: East London
Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel
Posts: 2,357

go bd..............
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old November 17, 2008, 05:10 AM
Razi's Avatar
Razi Razi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 8, 2008
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 4,677

Please don't humiliate yourselves and the country, just leave the good balls alone and don't go for any unnecessary shots. If Bangladesh can avoid the follow on and take the match to fourth day then I'll be more than happy. Anyway will miss most of the test series due to my mid-term exams, but my support will always be there with you guys.
__________________
''I go out to field as if I'm entering the boxing ring and there's no place for the guy who comes second best there.''
– Shakib Al Hasan, World's No-1 Allrounder
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old November 17, 2008, 06:11 AM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,848

ম্যাচ শুরুর আগে কিছু অপ্তবাক্য আমাদের মনে রাখার জন্যঃ

১। পরাজয়ে ডরে না বীর
২। আমরা ভাংবো তবু মচকাবো না।
৩। হৃদয়ে বাংলাদেশ
৪। মনের জানালা দিয়ে উকি দিয়ে দেখো...।
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old November 17, 2008, 07:16 AM
abz_786 abz_786 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 8, 2008
Location: East London
Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel
Posts: 2,357

My XI For 1st Test

Tamim
Imrul
Mehrab jr
Rokib
Ashraful
Mushfiq
Sakib
Nayeem
Sjedul
Robin
Shahadat
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old November 17, 2008, 08:32 AM
fan_frm_the_uk fan_frm_the_uk is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 23, 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
ম্যাচ শুরুর আগে কিছু অপ্তবাক্য আমাদের মনে রাখার জন্যঃ

১। পরাজয়ে ডরে না বীর
২। আমরা ভাংবো তবু মচকাবো না।
৩। হৃদয়ে বাংলাদেশ
৪। মনের জানালা দিয়ে উকি দিয়ে দেখো...।
ekbar na parile dekho shotobar...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old November 17, 2008, 01:03 PM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,848

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan_frm_the_uk
ekbar na parile dekho shotobar...:d
ধন্যবাদ। শত বার হাজার বার, চলছে...চলবে।
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old November 17, 2008, 01:09 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
ধন্যবাদ। শত বার হাজার বার, চলছে...চলবে।
SA amon doraisey (bhoi) je they are asking outside help on how to beat us on their turf. They are paying hefty amounts to consultants to strategise. Duncan Fletcher (ex-England coach)is one of them.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old November 17, 2008, 01:12 PM
mijanur mijanur is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 11, 2008
Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee
Posts: 1,406

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mk74s...eature=related
yo guys go der ppl are still fighting there
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old November 17, 2008, 01:40 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,914

Oh man......im gonna be miss the whole test series....school on wed,thur and fri. and saturday i can watch until tea and then have to go oval cricket ground for cricket session. and sunday (might be test match finish be4 5th day.
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old November 17, 2008, 01:59 PM
abz_786 abz_786 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 8, 2008
Location: East London
Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel
Posts: 2,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Oh man......im gonna be miss the whole test series....school on wed,thur and fri. and saturday i can watch until tea and then have to go oval cricket ground for cricket session. and sunday (might be test match finish be4 5th day.
awww so sad i feel sorry for u bro

haha i can get to watch it because i dnt have college on wednesday and thursday i got half day but i cnt watch it friday

Last edited by abz_786; November 17, 2008 at 02:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old November 17, 2008, 02:10 PM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,848

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers_eye
sa amon doraisey (bhoi) je they are asking outside help on how to beat us on their turf. They are paying hefty amounts to consultants to strategise. Duncan fletcher (ex-england coach)is one of them.
মজার খবর তো !কানকাটা ফ্লেচার আর কি করবে ?
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old November 17, 2008, 02:20 PM
crikfreak's Avatar
crikfreak crikfreak is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2008
Location: Sharjah, UAE
Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA
Posts: 2,300

good luck bd!! hope u guys will atleast try to play well.. i'll be able to follow the playing.. but i'll miss the first 3 hrs of play xept for fri and sat.. oh well.. cant have everything in life..
and.. mash is playing right.. he seems fit.. wat bout razzak?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old November 17, 2008, 02:26 PM
abz_786 abz_786 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 8, 2008
Location: East London
Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel
Posts: 2,357

hopefully it will be suny day on wednesday
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old November 17, 2008, 02:34 PM
zia's Avatar
zia zia is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 7, 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,063
Default Dorai si

The Tigers will find their
feet in toilet!

Azad Majumder . Bloemfontein
The English speaking skill of Mohammad Ashraful may not be as good as it should have been, but he can at least read the newspapers of this language. But one cannot expect him to read the newspapers, which were written in African language.
The Bangladesh skipper must thank himself for not being able to do that, otherwise, he would have been heavily shocked after coming to Bloemfontein on Monday to play the first Test against South Africa.
Ahead of the Test, every cricket lover in Bloemfontein has been rejoicing over a comment of Allan Donald, a former cricket hero of the city, which was behind the reason of all the shocks.
The comments were published in Volksblad, the highest selling African language daily, which came to the notice of a group of Bangladeshi journalists, the moment they checked in at a lodge of Bloemfontein.
‘Just read what Donald said about your team,’ a staff at the reception desk at the Queens Park Lodge asked the reporters with Volkblad in her hand. But soon she realised it was not possible for her visitors to read it, because the language is totally unknown to them.
By the time they became curious about the article and took the help of an administrative officer named Margie Herbs, who translated it for them. The shock came immediately once she translated the headline which read ‘The Tigers have their feet in toilet - Donald’.
It was an article based on the comments of Donald who tried to say that Bangladesh will be easily undone by the pace attack of South Africa in the first Test, starting here on November 19.
‘The Proteas scared Bangladesh with their bouncers earlier this year and it was in their own backyard with the ball which does not move as fast as it does in South Africa. And it’s presumed that they will be waiting for their ball on the back foot here,’ Volksblad quoted Donald as saying.
In South Africa, someone waiting on the back foot usually means he is actually waiting in the toilet, which is why Volksblad made the headline, explained translator Margie.
Donald was referring to a home series of Bangladesh, when in the face repeated bouncers from Dale Steyn, Makhaya Ntini, Jacques Kallis and Morne Morkel, Bangladeshis looked very vulnerable in Chittagong.
One of the Bangladeshi batsmen Aftab Ahmed was hospitalised facing a bouncer of Kallis and Donald suggested his former team-mates to take the same strategy in the two-Test series in South Africa.
‘The South Africa should plan to intimidate them with bouncers,’ said Doland while cautioning them to remain alert on their line and length. ‘They cannot do it against Mathew Heyden, but they can do it against Bangladesh. But they have to be careful about their line and length, otherwise Bangladesh will make them repay,’ said Donald, one of the greatest fast bowlers South Africa have ever produced.


__________________
জয় বা পরাজয়, , তুমি আমার সব সময়।
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old November 17, 2008, 02:42 PM
zia's Avatar
zia zia is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 7, 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
আছিল চিতা বাঘ, হইল এখন (?) রয়েল বেঙ্গল টাইগার...!!!
That reminds me of the billi joke. Thanks Kalpurush for the time convertor. It will make our lives easy. Nice thread. I like it.
__________________
জয় বা পরাজয়, , তুমি আমার সব সময়।
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old November 17, 2008, 02:48 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,914

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia
The Tigers will find their
feet in toilet!

Azad Majumder . Bloemfontein
The English speaking skill of Mohammad Ashraful may not be as good as it should have been, but he can at least read the newspapers of this language. But one cannot expect him to read the newspapers, which were written in African language.
The Bangladesh skipper must thank himself for not being able to do that, otherwise, he would have been heavily shocked after coming to Bloemfontein on Monday to play the first Test against South Africa.
Ahead of the Test, every cricket lover in Bloemfontein has been rejoicing over a comment of Allan Donald, a former cricket hero of the city, which was behind the reason of all the shocks.
The comments were published in Volksblad, the highest selling African language daily, which came to the notice of a group of Bangladeshi journalists, the moment they checked in at a lodge of Bloemfontein.
‘Just read what Donald said about your team,’ a staff at the reception desk at the Queens Park Lodge asked the reporters with Volkblad in her hand. But soon she realised it was not possible for her visitors to read it, because the language is totally unknown to them.
By the time they became curious about the article and took the help of an administrative officer named Margie Herbs, who translated it for them. The shock came immediately once she translated the headline which read ‘The Tigers have their feet in toilet - Donald’.
It was an article based on the comments of Donald who tried to say that Bangladesh will be easily undone by the pace attack of South Africa in the first Test, starting here on November 19.
‘The Proteas scared Bangladesh with their bouncers earlier this year and it was in their own backyard with the ball which does not move as fast as it does in South Africa. And it’s presumed that they will be waiting for their ball on the back foot here,’ Volksblad quoted Donald as saying.
In South Africa, someone waiting on the back foot usually means he is actually waiting in the toilet, which is why Volksblad made the headline, explained translator Margie.
Donald was referring to a home series of Bangladesh, when in the face repeated bouncers from Dale Steyn, Makhaya Ntini, Jacques Kallis and Morne Morkel, Bangladeshis looked very vulnerable in Chittagong.
One of the Bangladeshi batsmen Aftab Ahmed was hospitalised facing a bouncer of Kallis and Donald suggested his former team-mates to take the same strategy in the two-Test series in South Africa.
‘The South Africa should plan to intimidate them with bouncers,’ said Doland while cautioning them to remain alert on their line and length. ‘They cannot do it against Mathew Heyden, but they can do it against Bangladesh. But they have to be careful about their line and length, otherwise Bangladesh will make them repay,’ said Donald, one of the greatest fast bowlers South Africa have ever produced.


hope no one will get injured from this test series....inshallah we can play the bounce from SA bowler easily.........Go BD Go
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old November 17, 2008, 03:02 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,721

I like this type of comments from oponents. These comments will inspire our players to work harder and harder and play long innings.

valo kotha bole amader player der motivate kora jai na.. They need harsh and ugly words to motivate themselves...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old November 17, 2008, 03:43 PM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,443

Donald is trying to start a psychological war which is always good for BD. Our boys never failed to give good reply.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old November 17, 2008, 05:23 PM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Donald’s comment is shocking, কিন্তু ব্যাটিং এর সময় আমাদের ব্যাটসম্যানরা যদি হাইগা দেয়, তাহলে ত টয়লেট ছাড়া আর কোন গত্যন্তর থাকবে না।
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old November 17, 2008, 05:29 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,744

Quote:
But they have to be careful about their line and length, otherwise Bangladesh will make them repay,’ said Donald, one of the greatest fast bowlers South Africa have ever produced.
this is good...mash should now be fired up. thank you, donny! you may very well have handed us a very good performance in the first test (just ask kumble).

on the other hand, ashraful should tell rajib that our strategy is this: ash wins toss, 50-50 chance, BD bowls first, rajib bowls bouncers to "chip and dale", "morke and mindy", "click, clack, polly wack", and jaques itch. hit them in the face, balls, jaw, and forehead.

lets see how a 7 man Saffer team bowls with duminy, smith, and de villiers against us...donny can really worry about his line and length then.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old November 17, 2008, 05:32 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,744

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Donald’s comment is shocking, কিন্তু ব্যাটিং এর সময় আমাদের ব্যাটসম্যানরা যদি হাইগা দেয়, তাহলে ত টয়লেট ছাড়া আর কোন গত্যন্তর থাকবে না।
no its not, it might be dumb, but remember a year back when, after thrashing india by 300 runs in the melbourne test, punters claimed "if the indians had trouble on this subcontinent like pitch, they are in for a long tour".

what happened?

india won at PERTH, and if it hadn't been for bucknor would have taken the series 2-1.

donny is setting himself up like kumble did in the WC and punters did last year. donny might very well taste some "kumble pie" after the first test is over.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old November 17, 2008, 05:33 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,744

also, at least donny has recognized that without line and length, even the likes of steyn, morkel, and ntini will get smacked by our batters.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket