facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old August 25, 2010, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Hey guys,

I'm contemplating on running as a manager for Bangladesh at the upcoming election. Has anyone from BC decided to run this season?

I haven't formed any campaigns or anything but I do have some plans on how to possibly improve the developing program at the national levels. It seems as though something might be lacking from the transition to U-19 level to the national level.

I just wanted to see if anyone would be willing to support me for the upcoming election or if you have any objections/grievances with me running on the next election. I'm open to any suggestion.
I have no objection with anyone running, but I disagree with your point about the transition from u19 to nat level. The best is yet to come from our u19 teams, and honestly current u19s are MILES ahead of the ones that went through the system before and are currently senior players. Our current batch of players isn't the best, and we don't exactly have depth. As someone on the other forum said, England has twice as much players or something like that... Add to that most of the amazing players in nat teams come through strong academy systems, and Bangladesh doesn't have that many teams with such a system (especially in this forum).

But there is progress. Looking at current u19 (and recently graduated players), we have a bright future. Lots of good players are there. Hopefully we can develop them properly.

As for supporting you, I would need proof that you would be better before I give my vote. I don't care where a person is from when voting. Regardless, I want Turbz to run. He is best option by far.

Also, if I were you, instead of running for election, play in div1 for a few seasons (like parvez and dawah), and play with the best. You'll be EVEN better than you are now. Plus show you can develop players? I don't know your team too well, but it looks more like a team of oldies with exp, rather than a home grown team that you developed. Our nat team needs someone who can develop the current amazing u19s and young 20s players into even better senior players.

Last edited by Akib; August 25, 2010 at 09:53 PM..
Old August 25, 2010, 09:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
I have no objection with anyone running, but I disagree with your point about the transition from u19 to nat level. The best is yet to come from our u19 teams, and honestly current u19s are MILES ahead of the ones that went through the system before and are currently senior players. Our current batch of players isn't the best, and we don't exactly have depth. As someone on the other forum said, England has twice as much players or something like that... Add to that most of the amazing players in nat teams come through strong academy systems, and Bangladesh doesn't have that many teams with such a system (especially in this forum).

But there is progress. Looking at current u19 (and recently graduated players), we have a bright future. Lots of good players are there. Hopefully we can develop them properly.

As for supporting you, I would need proof that you would be better before I give my vote. I don't care where a person is from when voting. Regardless, I want Turbz to run. He is best option by far.

Also, if I were you, instead of running for election, play in div1 for a few seasons (like parvez and dawah), and play with the best. You'll be EVEN better than you are now. Plus show you can develop players? I don't know your team too well, but it looks more like a team of oldies with exp, rather than a home grown team that you developed. Our nat team needs someone who can develop the current amazing u19s and young 20s players into even better senior players.

agree to every bit what Akib said.

and thanks to Dawah for widening the rift between the two sides...just when I thought we can take positives from summits new found gesture and finally break the distrust...
Old August 25, 2010, 10:02 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bura

and thanks to Dawah for widening the rift between the two sides...just when I thought we can take positives from summits new found gesture and finally break the distrust...

Thank you guys for your concerns. Now first and foremost, I would like make my intentions clear that I have no intentions to be part of the frivolous political division at the forums. Frankly, I am finding this tune quite repetitive and rather unproductive.

As per your concerns over my credibility, that I can understand. And I hope to address most if not all the issues you have pointed out at my campaign(assuming if there is going to be one). I would also like to point out that my statement made about the transition was much of a generalized view and I am not blaming any past administrations of mismanagement. However, I do feel as though certain aspects could be greater improved. I will go into all these in greater details later. If chosen, I would like to approach this tenure with a more a more planned and structural approach and I intend to apply this with well qualified staff members. The staff that I choose would be quite integral to the proper execution of my plans. In fact, the staffs would be seen as more of a co-national managers.

Oh one more thing, I have asked Turbz to be part of the team(not just as an assistant but more of a co-manager) and he has agreed to be fully part of the campaign. I am more than confident that his experience would fully bolster the tenure. In fact, getting Turbz was one of my prime objective. With him on board, I feel as though I could perhaps try my chance at the nationals. I will keep you guys posted for more upcoming developments.

Last edited by tonoy; August 25, 2010 at 10:09 PM..
Old August 25, 2010, 10:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Thank you guys for your concerns. Now first and foremost, I would like make my intentions clear that I have no intentions to be part of the frivolous political division at the forums. Frankly, I am finding this tune quite repetitive and rather unproductive.

As per your concerns over my credibility, that I can understand. And I hope to address most if not all the issues you have pointed out at my campaign(assuming if there is going to be one). I would also like to point out that my statement made about the transition was much of a generalized view and I am not blaming any past administrations of mismanagement. However, I do feel as though certain aspects could be greater improved. I will go into all these in greater details later. If chosen, I would like to approach this tenure with a more a more planned and structural approach and I intend to apply this with well qualified staff members. The staff that I choose would be quite integral to the proper execution of my plans. In fact, the staffs would be seen as more of a co-national managers.

Oh one more thing, I have asked Turbz to be part of the team(not just as an assistant but more of a co-manager) and he has agreed to be fully part of the campaign. I am more than confident that his experience would fully bolster the tenure. In fact, getting Turbz was one of my prime objective. With him on board, I feel as though I could perhaps try my chance at the nationals. I will keep you guys posted for more upcoming developments.
I am eagerly waiting to see how it develops...

BTW, I had some awesome Halim at Iftar today
Old August 25, 2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Man, it's been ages since I had any of those. I am sick and tired of Corn flakes at seheri and chocolate milk at Iftar. It's quite sickening now.
Old August 25, 2010, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am eagerly waiting to see how it develops...

Halim is awesome!

And I too any interested to see what happens. Especially if Turbz is involved.
Old August 25, 2010, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:

Lmao. Didnt you like see that coming from the beginning? I did :P

Tonoy bro best of luck It has been a long time since I last talked with you. Good old days [hope to get them back soon, hopefully less busier me in the next few months]. And Turbz will give you a lot of boost not only as a helper but also for votes. I am not sure who else is running but I would think of you as a heavy candidate.

Mehh, my iftars are always good even though my moms usually not at home >.<

Last edited by Ashraf-FTP; August 25, 2010 at 11:38 PM..
Old August 25, 2010, 11:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm contemplating on running as a manager for Bangladesh at the upcoming election. Has anyone from BC decided to run this season?

I haven't formed any campaigns or anything but I do have some plans on how to possibly improve the developing program at the national levels. It seems as though something might be lacking from the transition to U-19 level to the national level.

I just wanted to see if anyone would be willing to support me for the upcoming election or if you have any objections/grievances with me running on the next election. I'm open to any suggestion.
As far I know, Nadim is participating in the election and he declared about that some days before.
Old August 26, 2010, 01:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
And Turbz will give you a lot of boost not only as a helper but also for votes.
I don't want that to be the case, I shouldn't really be factored in so much considering I'm not running. I'd assist anyone really (or co-manage as the case may be) but I do like the considered approach that tonoy has indicated.

I don't want to get too involved with the coming elections, just indicated that I would like to be a part of it and support any manager that is elected.
Old August 26, 2010, 01:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

I think you will be a great candidate. I want some one who cares About BD to be in charge. You should do well inshaAllah. I think Nadim will support you as well.

Quote:
Hey guys,

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 26, 2010, 02:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawah
I think you will be a great candidate. I want some one who cares About BD to be in charge. You should do well inshaAllah. I think Nadim will support you as well.
Couple of weeks before I asked Akib about the senior NAT election but he wasn't interested. Later on Nadim declared about that. But not many BC people replied about his stand. But I was with him that time. So if Nadim still looking to participate there then I'll support him as I committed before.
So Dawah my question is, why not Tonoy can support him and withdraw him from the election?? Or you just trying to make a divide among BC people??
Old August 26, 2010, 02:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Won against Tonoy by 3 wickets in last match of BCPL3 . Lost 6 wickets when just 23 runs left, I'm losing my interest about this game for that kind of regular late drama when somebody winning comfortably. Same kind of drama happened with Akib too. Last week I lost against Summit badly from winning situation. In real life very rare when 40-50 runs left and no pressure of run rate increase, anybody lost their 8-9 wickets and lost the match. But in FTP from season 10 that thing happening quite regularly.
So its look like I'll win the BCPL3 if no crazy things happen in the match "Bangla11 vs Dhakaiya Gangsta"

BD SPARK v Dhaka warriors >> Match Ratings

BD SPARK Dhaka warriors
Batting - Top Order: 11,582 11,240
Batting - Middle Order: 9,872 8,995
Batting - Tail: 3,264 3,128
Bowling - Seam: 11,110 (8) 11,304 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 12,429 (2) 11,402 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 8,811 9,244
Overall: 178,908 174,769
Old August 26, 2010, 02:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvez
So its look like I'll win the BCPL3 if no crazy things happen in the match "Bangla11 vs Dhakaiya Gangsta"
I am hoping for exactly that

anyways I don't have any chance...so advance congrats... I am happy I could come this far with a mediocre team of mine

BTW, Liking the new fielding rule? So far 7 dropped catches for DG

Happy with batters performance at last. On slow track scored 230+. Now have to make DG allout very cheaply

End of over 50 (7 runs) - The Raptors(232-6) RR 4.64
C. Garlanka 2 (2b) , E. Persaud 10 (10b) , T. Goodwin 10-1-56-1

Last edited by bura; August 26, 2010 at 03:07 AM..
Old August 26, 2010, 03:14 AM

Well if Nadim is running then I will gladly step down. I don't wish to be an antagonist here. I was just thinking that maybe with the help of Turbz, we could have pumped in some new methods along with a clear definite plan with set of goals. Anyways, there's nothing to it, I had no hidden agenda.

By the way guys, I am selling couple of my senior players. All the prices are set for 0 except for Javed Abbas(he too will be at 0 if no buyers). Please take a look at them, they are surely not a bad addition to any team.

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=93726

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=145345

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=85367
Old August 26, 2010, 03:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Won against Tonoy by 3 wickets in last match of BCPL3 . Lost 6 wickets when just 23 runs left, I'm losing my interest about this game for that kind of regular late drama when somebody winning comfortably. Same kind of drama happened with Akib too. Last week I lost against Summit badly from winning situation. In real life very rare when 40-50 runs left and no pressure of run rate increase, anybody lost their 8-9 wickets and lost the match. But in FTP from season 10 that thing happening quite regularly.
At first, I thought along your line for a while. But then I realized in this new era most of the time real cricket is played on flat tracks rather than extremely bowling friendly conditions. When we do see such bowling friendly conditions $hit do happen... example recent tests of Aus, Pak, Eng and SODs of India, NZ and BD late order in no matter what cond...
Old August 26, 2010, 03:21 AM
Test Cricketer

off to bed now...see you guys later
Old August 26, 2010, 03:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
At first, I thought along your line for a while. But then I realized in this new era most of the time real cricket is played on flat tracks rather than extremely bowling friendly conditions. When we do see such bowling friendly conditions $hit do happen... example recent tests of Aus, Pak, Eng and SODs of India, NZ and BD late order in no matter what cond...
Test is totally different than one day, there one session can change everything and also new ball is a very important factor there.
And bowling condition doesn't mean that always some wickets have to lose after the 35th over in one day match no matter whatever condition of the match. Its just the bad effect of ME when EOS 9 update happened.
Old August 26, 2010, 04:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Well if Nadim is running then I will gladly step down. I don't wish to be an antagonist here. I was just thinking that maybe with the help of Turbz, we could have pumped in some new methods along with a clear definite plan with set of goals. Anyways, there's nothing to it, I had no hidden agenda.
I will happy to see either nadim or you running from BC, just didn't like dawah's comments. When Nadim posted his interest about NAT election then dawah just tried to discourage Nadim to run and took a so called neutral stand(actually non BC stand) Now dawah changed his mind because he just seen some dividing scenario in BC. Surely he found some hope to established his non BC agenda.
I will support any BC team if there will be just one candidate from BC
Tonoy you should talk with Nadim and fix that matter. May be Nadim can consider to step down.

Last edited by parvez; August 26, 2010 at 04:30 AM..
Old August 26, 2010, 04:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I am hoping for exactly that

anyways I don't have any chance...so advance congrats... I am happy I could come this far with a mediocre team of mine

BTW, Liking the new fielding rule? So far 7 dropped catches for DG

Happy with batters performance at last. On slow track scored 230+. Now have to make DG allout very cheaply

End of over 50 (7 runs) - The Raptors(232-6) RR 4.64
C. Garlanka 2 (2b) , E. Persaud 10 (10b) , T. Goodwin 10-1-56-1
DG has to be allout less than 20 overs to recover that .7 runrate. Thats why called that crazy thing.
Your team doing very good job. Now you hav a strong chance to become runner-up there.

Last edited by parvez; August 26, 2010 at 04:43 AM..
Old August 26, 2010, 06:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Won by 1 wicket

Tiger Cubs THE UNDERDOGZ
Batting - Top Order: 11,241 11,763
Batting - Middle Order: 7,715 8,886
Batting - Tail: 3,000 3,131
Bowling - Seam: 8,394 (4) 10,899 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 11,732 (6) 12,350 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 9,668 10,243
Overall: 165,808 180,118

My late inning aggressive bowling orders actually worked!

Last edited by Akib; August 26, 2010 at 06:14 AM..
Old August 26, 2010, 06:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Won the "Bangla Cricket Premier League Season(3)"
Look at the points table then you will know how much competitive the league was

Old August 26, 2010, 06:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Won by 1 wicket

Tiger Cubs THE UNDERDOGZ
Batting - Top Order: 11,241 11,763
Batting - Middle Order: 7,715 8,886
Batting - Tail: 3,000 3,131
Bowling - Seam: 8,394 (4) 10,899 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 11,732 (6) 12,350 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 9,668 10,243
Overall: 165,808 180,118

My late inning aggressive bowling orders actually worked!
Great job, that helped me win the league
Old August 26, 2010, 06:24 AM
Test Cricketer

BCPL <<4>> is coming just after the first week of PC game, as I will knocked myself out in the first game. Most probably that will be a 8 (instead of 10) teams Sunday league as there will be not many weeks to play becuse of PC. If I will choose 10 teams then that will be single round league.
Old August 26, 2010, 10:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Couple of weeks before I asked Akib about the senior NAT election but he wasn't interested. Later on Nadim declared about that. But not many BC people replied about his stand. But I was with him that time. So if Nadim still looking to participate there then I'll support him as I committed before.
So Dawah my question is, why not Tonoy can support him and withdraw him from the election?? Or you just trying to make a divide among BC people??
Quote:
I will happy to see either nadim or you running from BC, just didn't like dawah's comments. When Nadim posted his interest about NAT election then dawah just tried to discourage Nadim to run and took a so called neutral stand(actually non BC stand) Now dawah changed his mind because he just seen some dividing scenario in BC. Surely he found some hope to established his non BC agenda.
I will support any BC team if there will be just one candidate from BC
Tonoy you should talk with Nadim and fix that matter. May be Nadim can consider to step down.
You did not have problem with Ashraf supporting Tonoy, but you had problem with my support for him

Nadim knows very well the real story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
Tonoy bro best of luck It has been a long time since I last talked with you. Good old days [hope to get them back soon, hopefully less busier me in the next few months]. And Turbz will give you a lot of boost not only as a helper but also for votes. I am not sure who else is running but I would think of you as a heavy candidate.
Old August 26, 2010, 11:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Lost at the end by two wickets...good fight though . Dilshan once again was too much to handle...19 runs through accumulator talent

The Raptors v Dhakaiya Gangsta >> Match Ratings
Match Ratings
The Raptors Dhakaiya Gangsta
Batting - Top Order: 10,485 10,723
Batting - Middle Order: 8,429 9,455
Batting - Tail: 3,271 4,118
Bowling - Seam: 10,590 (6) 10,812 (4)
Bowling - Spin: 11,064 (4) 11,371 (6)
Fielding/Keeping: 9,816 6,869
Overall: 168,812 169,410

with a clear 3k rating advantage my fielders dropped 4 catches (most are at cap level) vs his 7. Should I be happy?

Last edited by bura; August 26, 2010 at 11:56 AM..