facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 26, 2008, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Thank god they didn't play Enamul. He would've crashed the party.
Old December 26, 2008, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Any channel showing the match in the UK?
Old December 26, 2008, 02:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
Good morning guys! I missed the last session. How did it go? Did the umpires make anymore bad decisions? Did Rajib continue to bowl at 140+? Also, how is that Sammeria guy doing? We need to get him out soon. I see he got to 20. Were they genuine runs? or were they edgy?

yes it was ok.shahdat bowl well but gave some run and saqib was so consistant.
Old December 26, 2008, 02:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Here is how Sri Lankan's are reacting after day 1. I enjoyed it a lot.
Sri Lanka v Bangladesh, at stumps on day 1…

Posted on December 26th, 2008 by damiths

Ya, take the light you bloody ****en useless batsmen.
What an incredibly ludicrous start to the series by the Sri Lankans.
Sri Lanka- lacks the ability to ****en bat.
The day started with Sri Lanka missing straight balls, the day went on with missing more straight balls and the day ended with a shot that was so ****en stupid that it made me want to throw my remote at the TV.
I dint cuz I want to see how Sri Lanka are going to top that tomorrow.
Against any other international attack Sri Lanka would not have crossed a 100 runs.
I dont know what was more retarded, the actual shot Mahela played or the shot he practiced after he got bowled. Both were technically flawed.
Dilshan proved why he should not be in the test team. For that we adore him.
Then, just when I was resurrecting hopes of a Haddin’esque innings from Prasanna, at 175-5 he forgot this was an international test match.
How hard is it to leave a ball, a bouncer, probably going over his shoulder, in that situation. If you cant connect the dots on something as basic as that as a batsmen, maybe you shouldnt be playing test cricket Prasanna.
Bangladesh- balls of steel and then some.
They used the conditions on offer brilliantly at the start.
At one point Mortaza looked like he was Zeus himself come to slay the tiny Lilliputian Islanders.
Sakib Al Hassan’s secret to spin bowling is to bowl as many straight ones as possible because he knows sooner or later Sri Lanka’s technical flaws will up his wickets tally.
Sahadat Hussains would be what you get if you crossed Mcgrath with a Tiger. Tall and grumpy with aggro to make a drunken Aussie take note.
Play(s) of the day
Steve Bucknor’s singleminded approach to LBW appeals- doesnt matter if they are out or not - don’t raise the finger.
Mahela looking bemused as to why he missed the ball after his bat came down from point to a straight ball.
Sahadat’s send off - it looked like he had got Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting all in a single delivery.
We quite enjoyed that one actually. Prasanna deserved an earful.

flyslip damiths Filed under: dilshan, mahela jayawardane, sahadat hussain, sakib al hassan, sri lanka v bangladesh

« SL v Bangl, day 1 at lunch

2 Responses to “Sri Lanka v Bangladesh, at stumps on day 1…”
  1. scorpicity, on December 26th, 2008 at 8:39 am Said:
    oooh, there is a problem… apart from that two..KS & MJ, there is no one to carry those knickers around.
    Murali should have a field day with his picnic basket.
  2. insideEdge, on December 26th, 2008 at 9:45 am Said:
    Basically Mahela aimed a shot that involved his bat moving from point to mid wicket not aimed at the ball but rather at passing parallel to it. I wonder what the shot is to be called:
    1) Horizontal Waft?
    2) “Mottaya”?
    3) IPL Money Shot?
Old December 26, 2008, 02:23 PM
Banned

now we know why Sanga opted to bat after winning the toss - he had the blessings of the grumpy umps.
Old December 26, 2008, 02:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

Bucknor should retire gracefully
Old December 26, 2008, 02:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

জিতবে জিতবে বাংলাদেশ জিতবে
Old December 26, 2008, 02:47 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

one thing iz for sure...hard work is paying off guys
Old December 26, 2008, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

I am desperate to watch the highlights. The CBN channel on ooxtv showed the full ball-by-ball highlights of Aus-SA now they are showing WI-NZ T20 highlights. They might show BD-SL highlights as well. I'll stay on all night if I have to.
Old December 26, 2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia

The day started with Sri Lanka missing straight balls, the day went on with missing more straight balls and the day ended with a shot that was so ****en stupid that it made me want to throw my remote at the TV.
Against any other international attack Sri Lanka would not have crossed a 100 runs.
I dont know what was more retarded, the actual shot Mahela played or the shot he practiced after he got bowled. Both were technically flawed.
Then, just when I was resurrecting hopes of a Haddin’esque innings from Prasanna, at 175-5 he forgot this was an international test match.
How hard is it to leave a ball, a bouncer, probably going over his shoulder, in that situation. If you cant connect the dots on something as basic as that as a batsmen, maybe you shouldnt be playing test cricket Prasanna.
At one point Mortaza looked like he was Zeus himself come to slay the tiny Lilliputian Islanders.
Sakib Al Hassan’s secret to spin bowling is to bowl as many straight ones as possible because he knows sooner or later Sri Lanka’s technical flaws will up his wickets tally.
Sahadat Hussains would be what you get if you crossed Mcgrath with a Tiger. Tall and grumpy with aggro to make a drunken Aussie take note.
Play(s) of the day
Steve Bucknor’s singleminded approach to LBW appeals- doesnt matter if they are out or not - don’t raise the finger.
Mahela looking bemused as to why he missed the ball after his bat came down from point to a straight ball.
Sahadat’s send off - it looked like he had got Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting all in a single delivery.

flyslip damiths Filed under: dilshan, mahela jayawardane, sahadat hussain, sakib al hassan, sri lanka v bangladesh

oooh, there is a problem… apart from that two..KS & MJ, there is no one to carry those knickers around.
    Basically Mahela aimed a shot that involved his bat moving from point to mid wicket not aimed at the ball but rather at passing parallel to it. I wonder what the shot is to be called:
    1) Horizontal Waft?
    2) “Mottaya”?
    3) IPL Money Shot?
Win or lose, I have enjoyed my share.

Much thanks Zia - upner chomothker link er jonne.

Old December 26, 2008, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
...He needs to improve his keeping by leaps and bounds. No need to sugarcoat it.
No disagreement there.

I was rather pointing out that an young WK like Mushfiq should never be dismissed, discouraged or negated as "he will never be a good keeper"! If you are trying to motivate him by those very choiced meaty words- I'm afraid, that will not yeild any positive result.

He might never become a brilliant WK but can be turned into an adequate or a reasonable keeper. Age is still very much on his side. And we all should sincerely hope that it happens rather quickly as with the departure of Dhiman we are left with no obvious replacements.
Old December 26, 2008, 03:12 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

i am alos watching ball byball highlights of west indies vs new zealnd
Old December 26, 2008, 03:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/7799132.stm
Bangladesh restricted Sri Lanka to 172-6 on a truncated opening day of 57 overs in the first Test in Mirpur.
The Sri Lankans opted to bat after thick fog delayed the start of the two-match series by an hour and 45 minutes.
After Malinda Warnapura departed in the ninth over, Kumar Sangakkara (43) shared 95 with Michael Vandort (44).
But three wickets fell in six overs and after Prasanna Jayawardene was out in what proved to be the final over, Sri Lanka accepted the offer of bad light.
Bangladesh wicketkeeper Mushfiqur Rahim bruised his forehead attempting to catch Warnapura, and was forced to leave the field for treatment.
He returned after lunch and missed another difficult chance, this time offered by Sangakkara off medium-pacer Mahbubul Alam when on 11.
Left-arm spinner Shakib Al Hasan provided the inspiration for the Tigers with three wickets, the first of which ended the big partnership.
After his reprieve, Sangakkara looked set to post his 27th Test fifty, but then clipped straight to mid-wicket.
Shakib was the catcher when Vandort mis-timed a pull-shot off Shahadat Hossain, and three overs after taking the top-edge, he added another wicket to his collection as he breached captain Mahela Jayawardene's defences.
"There was not that much turn at the wicket. I just tried to put the ball in one area and got some success," Shakib explained. Vandort retained an optimistic air in the Sri Lanka camp and said: "It is still evenly poised. A 300-plus total is still very much possible."
Old December 26, 2008, 03:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
No disagreement there.

I was rather pointing out that an young WK like Mushfiq should never be dismissed, discouraged or negated as "he will never be a good keeper"! If you are trying to motivate him by those very choiced meaty words- I'm afraid, that will not yeild any positive result.

He might never become a brilliant WK but can be turned into an adequate or a reasonable keeper. Age is still very much on his side. And we all should sincerely hope that it happens rather quickly as with the departure of Dhiman we are left with no obvious replacements.
Mashud can still keep, He felt disrecpected by the BCB and Retired
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old December 26, 2008, 03:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia

Play(s) of the day

1) Horizontal Waft?
    2) “Mottaya”?
    3) IPL Money Shot?
brilliant!!!! now they know how we feel after every test when ash tries to play hook or some other bd batsmen chases a wide ball to get out.... lol we need to enjoy this as it might not last long...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old December 26, 2008, 03:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The fog should put some moisture in the Morning, I'd tell Rajib to let it rip (he should bowl as fast as he can more often let the others worry about nagging lines and Length) he took care of the Lankan Tail in his 5/86
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old December 26, 2008, 04:03 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

why wasnt sakib introduced earlier by ash?? was it really a bad decision by ash or the pitch conditions werent that good for him?

i didnt see whole match....
Old December 26, 2008, 04:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Mashud can still keep, He felt disrecpected by the BCB and Retired
Khaled Mashud, undoubtedly, was one of the best keepers in Asia and beyond! Unfortunately, before his retirement his batting form completely deserted him. Also, his lightening fast gloveworks to the spinners were not the same. Hence, he is not in the future picture.

Hope his weallth of experience is well utilised though by the BCBs otherwise Bolods.
Old December 26, 2008, 04:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladesh left-arm spinner Sakib Al Hassan (L) exults after getting through the defence of Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardena during the opening day of the First Test match at the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium in Mirpur yesterday. (From the Daily Star)

Sri Lanka eye 300
Sri Lanka were looking forward to score around 300 runs to put pressure on the home team even after being reduced to 172 for six on the first day of the first Test at Mirpur yesterday.

"Anything around 300 to 350 would be a competitive score. We have a good bowling lineup with Murali (Muttiah Muralidaran) and Rangana (Hearth), not to forget about the fast bowler like Vaas (Chaminda). As the game goes on, I think they will be factors," said Sri Lankan opener Michael Vandort.

"I think it's evenly poised, 172-6 is not a position we wanted to be in. Guys yet to bat will have jobs in their hands and hopefully take the score to 300," he added.
From The Daily Star.

Last edited by Green Tea; December 26, 2008 at 04:21 PM..
Old December 26, 2008, 04:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
why wasnt sakib introduced earlier by ash?? was it really a bad decision by ash or the pitch conditions werent that good for him?

i didnt see whole match....
I thought Ash was brilliant as a Captain yesterday. The reason Shakib wasn't brought in earlier was due to the success of Mash and Robin. Almost every over, there was some sort of LBW shout or a batsmen getting beaten by swing. We could have EASILY picked up 2 or 3 more wickets during that spell. Once Ash saw that the batsmen were starting to get a bit more comfortable, he brought Shakib in. And even though Shakib did not pick up a wicket in his first few overs, Ash persisted with him. Ash's persistence led to Shakib finding his groove and creating the downfall of the Sri Lankan top order. Well done Ash!
Old December 26, 2008, 05:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
And even though Shakib did not pick up a wicket in his first few overs, Ash persisted with him. Ash's persistence led to Shakib finding his groove and creating the downfall of the Sri Lankan top order. Well done Ash!
Good analysis! Usually, most spinners need to bowl many overs before they get into a "groove". A good captain would know this. Im not saying Ash is a good skipper yet.
Old December 26, 2008, 05:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

no offense Steve Bucknor:

you are an international umpire,let not the fog be an excuse for you to not see what is plumb and what is not.

you are an international umpire with the mindset of a picnic cricket umpire. simply, you do not deserve to umpire international class matches until you have your eyes fixed or at least admit, the fog made it difficult to see.

Last edited by Rifat; December 26, 2008 at 05:56 PM..
Old December 26, 2008, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Any highlights up yet for the 1st day? I'm excited to see the wickets.
Old December 26, 2008, 06:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

actually, both the umpires Nigel Long(if that's the right name?) and Bucknor were equally bad. i saw the game live and about 99% of would agree that bowlers like Mahbubul Alam and Mortaza have their bowling stats unjustified for this match so far...
Old December 26, 2008, 07:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
i disagree...mcgrath is in another league, with a career 2.5 econ.

rajib is more of what you get when you cross a tiger with a tiger. the guy must have bengal tiger testosterone and not regular human hormones.