facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 28, 2008, 02:39 PM
cricman's Avatar
cricman cricman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 8, 2005
Location: Deleting Evidence
Favorite Player: Dubya
Posts: 9,775
Default Record Chase: I believe ... do you?

Bangladesh Win the 1st Test by 4 wickets, If you believe thats going to be the final result it will happen. Hopefully they believe

What a better time to a post a 400+ score, Law of Averages says it's due to happen and the top order looked good they didn't seem to be over matched either. If they take it one ball at a time and keep their concentration. They will do it.

It'll be an early New Years gift, Let them enjoy there day today and go them tomorrow.
__________________
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old December 28, 2008, 02:42 PM
Nafis_BD's Avatar
Nafis_BD Nafis_BD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 2, 2006
Location: Scarborough, Ontario (Canada)
Favorite Player: BD Team Players
Posts: 3,446

Inshallah Cricman bhaiya!!!!

So are we having the party at your place if Bangladesh wins? New Years is coming soon you know!!
__________________
Cricket couldn't be changed without changing it's character, and to us, who hold the game dear to our heart, character is everything -Modified by Nafis
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 28, 2008, 02:46 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 30,766

cricman vai key hollywood-er gajakhuri plot dhorse aj....
__________________
Ω
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,543

Ha ha, nothing to lose there, Cricman...
That would make our year, both this and next.
India and SA just chased over 400+ in not so distant past, so you fancy we can do it too?

Dont know about Law of Average, but the odds are quiet very against us.
But i like those odds, after all, we can only hope for better.

Btw, what happend to your Razor Ramon avtar, he was my fav wrestler.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 28, 2008, 03:29 PM
cricket_pagol's Avatar
cricket_pagol cricket_pagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 20, 2004
Location: Indiana
Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib
Posts: 6,067

400+ runs is chase-able in this pitch... but we need luck on our side and we need weather like day 2. I think the day break will energize your players for the improbable chase.

However, the likely scenario is that we will be all out by the end of day 4 !!!
__________________
Win Or Lose - We are ALWAYS with you BANGLADESH
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 28, 2008, 03:37 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 30,766

Here's my script wit F.O.Ws:

101/1 - 138/2 - 210/3 - 219/4 - 280/5- 330/6
360/7 - 380/8

Bd wins by 2 wickets....
__________________
Ω
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 28, 2008, 03:45 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,062

i think this is possible inshallah only if we can contain murali and the doosra
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 28, 2008, 03:52 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,698

never give ur hope.inshallah we will win.
__________________
হোঁচট খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবুও হার মানিনি। বাঁধা এসেছে বারবার, তবুও থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকুন... ইনশাল্লাহ আল্লাহ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 28, 2008, 04:00 PM
Raynman's Avatar
Raynman Raynman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 27, 2008
Location: Georgia, USA
Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib
Posts: 2,182

i actually know in good authority that there has been a plan hatched by ICC and BCB following the world cup of 2007. After seeing Bangladesh's potential after beating India and SA, it was decided that in order to popularize the game of cricket globally, ICC and BCB will work in conjunction to pull off the greatest rags to riches story as a publicity stunt. In return for secret training and funding to win the world cup in 2011, BCB will ensure that the Bangladesh national team portray a losing culture leading up to the world cup. They are however allowed to show glimpses of their improvement and genius in spurts such as one major ODI win a year and a few sessions in Test cricket. They must however show great collapses in the face of possible victory whenever possible to ensure that no one catches on one of the greatest cover ups in sports history. Everybody loves a Cinderella story and ICC strongly believes that this is the key to the mass global appeal of Cricket. 20/20 is merely a backup as is the destruction of Zimbabwe cricket (WC champs 2015) in the event Bangladesh chokes (highly unlikely) in 2011.

I hope that no one of importance is on this board with the ability to globally expose this in which case of course I will deny any knowledge of the conspiracy/hoax.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 28, 2008, 04:06 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 15,029

No cricman. Not under the leadership of the greatest idiot of world cricket.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 28, 2008, 04:07 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 8,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
i actually know in good authority that there has been a plan hatched by ICC and BCB following the world cup of 2007. After seeing Bangladesh's potential after beating India and SA, it was decided that in order to popularize the game of cricket globally, ICC and BCB will work in conjunction to pull off the greatest rags to riches story as a publicity stunt. In return for secret training and funding to win the world cup in 2011, BCB will ensure that the Bangladesh national team portray a losing culture leading up to the world cup. They are however allowed to show glimpses of their improvement and genius in spurts such as one major ODI win a year and a few sessions in Test cricket. They must however show great collapses in the face of possible victory whenever possible to ensure that no one catches on one of the greatest cover ups in sports history. Everybody loves a Cinderella story and ICC strongly believes that this is the key to the mass global appeal of Cricket. 20/20 is merely a backup as is the destruction of Zimbabwe cricket (WC champs 2015) in the event Bangladesh chokes (highly unlikely) in 2011.

I hope that no one of importance is on this board with the ability to globally expose this in which case of course I will deny any knowledge of the conspiracy/hoax.
Its the perfect plan.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 28, 2008, 04:12 PM
tiger_club's Avatar
tiger_club tiger_club is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 1,262

lol you're living in a dreamland.. get over it

BD couldn't even get pass 200 in the 1st innings and you want them chase down 400+ are you alright? that's only possible in video games not in real life.. we should be glad that we’re not losing by an innings this time..
__________________
go tigers get' em boyz..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 28, 2008, 04:17 PM
tiger_club's Avatar
tiger_club tiger_club is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 1,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
No cricman. Not under the leadership of the greatest idiot of world cricket.
Agree 100% I thought Ash will bat down the order.. what happened?
__________________
go tigers get' em boyz..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 28, 2008, 04:37 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,032

move ash down the order and bat mushy up the order. in mushy we have a batmsan in form, willing to stay at the crease, play sensible cricket and work hard. why on earth, when the rest of the order was collapsing was he put in so low down the order? makes no sense unless they thought he'd do the best job batting with the tail but even still that's a silly move. when ash came in BD needed a batsman willing to put in the hard yards to get things back on track, if ashraful isn't willing to do it then he shouldn't bat where he is batting.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 28, 2008, 04:44 PM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
No cricman. Not under the leadership of the greatest idiot of world cricket.
Miraz bhai (NO Offense, just kidding here): Guess who was the loudest voice for Ashraful when talk about awarding the Bangladesh Cricket Captaincy to Ash was going?

Gadha's innings' after that fluke against SL:

26, 19, 0, 23, 35, 1, 34, 24, 0, 4, 2, 0, 0, 1, 13, 1, 21, 12

But who dare to stop this gadha? No one, because this gadha unfortunately possess unstoppable talent.

Ashraful has pissed me to such an extent that if I were a BCB official today, I would have amended the BCB constitution to add this phrase regarding team selection: "Even if Mohammad Ashraful Matin pulls Bradman in all sorts of cricket-English County, National League, ICL, IPL, he should never ever be allowed to play in Bangladesh National Team."

ক্রিকম্যন ভাইঃ মরব যখন, তখন হাসি মুখেই মরি? আপনার সুতাটা পড়ে তাই প্রাণখুলে হাসলাম। কী মজা হারার মধ্যেও। শিকারীর সামনে নির্ঘাত মৃত্যুর জেনেও খরঘোশ যেমন চোখ বন্ধ করে ভাবে, আহা আমার সামনে তো কিছু নাই, আমরাও তেমন ৪০০+ রানের বোঝা মাথায় নিয়ে সিংহের সামনে পড়ে চোখ বন্ধ করে ভাবি, "এই ডা তো মামুলি ব্যাপার" আর হাসি।
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 28, 2008, 05:08 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root
Posts: 14,180

Bangladesh cricket team before batting should focus on this verses from Quran in my humblest of opinions...:

But lo! with hardship goeth ease, (5) Lo! with hardship goeth ease;
فَإِنَّ مَعَ ٱلۡعُسۡرِ يُسۡرًا (٥) إِنَّ مَعَ ٱلۡعُسۡرِ يُسۡرً۬ا (٦)


Surh Inshirah(ayat:5-6)

a lot of praise to Ashraful has appearantly spoiled that child..sadnesss!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 28, 2008, 05:18 PM
RezOne RezOne is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 7, 2005
Location: Houston, TX-U.S.A.
Posts: 215

No.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 28, 2008, 05:28 PM
sbsash sbsash is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 16, 2008
Posts: 5,441

batting order should be...
1.Tamim
2.Junaid
3.Kayes
4.Mushfiq
5.Mehrab jr
6.Sakib
7.Rokib (because of poor form)
8.Ashraful
9.Shahadat
10.Mashrafe
11.Mahbubul Alam

Last edited by sbsash; December 28, 2008 at 05:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 28, 2008, 05:33 PM
Imtiaz Imtiaz is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 10, 2004
Posts: 1,312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
i actually know in good authority that there has been a plan hatched by ICC and BCB following the world cup of 2007. After seeing Bangladesh's potential after beating India and SA, it was decided that in order to popularize the game of cricket globally, ICC and BCB will work in conjunction to pull off the greatest rags to riches story as a publicity stunt. In return for secret training and funding to win the world cup in 2011, BCB will ensure that the Bangladesh national team portray a losing culture leading up to the world cup. They are however allowed to show glimpses of their improvement and genius in spurts such as one major ODI win a year and a few sessions in Test cricket. They must however show great collapses in the face of possible victory whenever possible to ensure that no one catches on one of the greatest cover ups in sports history. Everybody loves a Cinderella story and ICC strongly believes that this is the key to the mass global appeal of Cricket. 20/20 is merely a backup as is the destruction of Zimbabwe cricket (WC champs 2015) in the event Bangladesh chokes (highly unlikely) in 2011.

I hope that no one of importance is on this board with the ability to globally expose this in which case of course I will deny any knowledge of the conspiracy/hoax.
When is the movie due for release ?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 28, 2008, 05:51 PM
Rommel's Avatar
Rommel Rommel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 7, 2007
Location: Athens, GA
Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim
Posts: 4,210

This is a great time for Tamim to convert all those starts into a big 100.
__________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 28, 2008, 06:25 PM
Russell2k7 Russell2k7 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: Garden State
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 5,500

I would have to be an idiot to believe in such fantasy.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 28, 2008, 07:21 PM
BD-Shardul BD-Shardul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 16, 2006
Location: Doha, Qatar
Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Posts: 7,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
Bangladesh cricket team before batting should focus on this verses from Quran in my humblest of opinions...:

But lo! with hardship goeth ease, (5) Lo! with hardship goeth ease;
فَإِنَّ مَعَ ٱلۡعُسۡرِ يُسۡرًا (٥) إِنَّ مَعَ ٱلۡعُسۡرِ يُسۡرً۬ا (٦)


Surh Inshirah(ayat:5-6)

a lot of praise to Ashraful has appearantly spoiled that child..sadnesss!
Rifat bhai, I am afraid to say that, but I am not sure if we should mix religion with sports or if religion can justify it. From the religious perspective, cricket is nothing but a "vain" task because it neither benefits you in this world nor in the hereafter.

I follow cricket only because it is a way to bring some glory for my country. But now I never include cricket in my prayer. I mean I say like "inshallah we will win....". I used to seriously pray for good performance of our cricket team, but I have seen that whenever I had truly prayed for Bangladesh, they drastically failed. Since then, the dua that I make after salat, cricket never pops up anymore. Might seem funny, but I found it to be true after it happened several times.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 28, 2008, 07:36 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
No cricman. Not under the leadership of the greatest idiot of world cricket.
i agree.

400 is chaseable in this pitch. but at the same time, SA's chase was epic and so was india's. even those teams would struggle to replicate the feat again in next 10 years, so we don't have a shot asides from a miracle.

to chase 400, we will need at least 800 balls, and only 10 wicket balls are what the lankans need. 80-1 ratio, says that it won't happen.

put another way, 7 specialist batsman, means each top order bat will have to face ~115 balls without being dismissed. take ash out of the picture, and that number jumps to 125 balls per batter.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 28, 2008, 07:40 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root
Posts: 14,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Rifat bhai, I am afraid to say that, but I am not sure if we should mix religion with sports or if religion can justify it. From the religious perspective, cricket is nothing but a "vain" task because it neither benefits you in this world nor in the hereafter.

I follow cricket only because it is a way to bring some glory for my country. But now I never include cricket in my prayer. I mean I say like "inshallah we will win....". I used to seriously pray for good performance of our cricket team, but I have seen that whenever I had truly prayed for Bangladesh, they drastically failed. Since then, the dua that I make after salat, cricket never pops up anymore. Might seem funny, but I found it to be true after it happened several times.
yes! i have always known this! and you are absolutely right for what you said. however, i realize that most BC members are although Muslim, they have not tasted true Islam, they have not reached that level with Allah and his Messenger, perchance if Cricket is a means to at least "appeal" to people's senses, then why not give them hope? a sense of hope...

a truly arrogant answer on my part!

Quote:
I have seen that whenever I had truly prayed for Bangladesh, they drastically failed
maybe it was for the better...because we know what happens when they win...-> cockyness-> arrogance -> fans praise(a bit too much)..and then people start throwing garbage arguments like (our Race is the best) isn't this what it's all about! to prove that "Bangladeshi" People can play better than "them"? unfortunately, some people never break away from racism, nationalism...through these unislamic lenses, they view life, and people!

though this is not the case for all the people, Cricket is the true identity of some people(like myself, i won't deny) and "Bangladesh" gives some people a true sense of comfort, becuase as a culture, i have sensed from people that they feel they are "inferior" to people from other parts of the world. so when we beat a major cricketing nation, this feeling overcomes the insecurity the same feeling echoed in Barack Obama's slogan "yes, we can!"


some people may not realize it, but failure/punishment from sins in this life is a blessing from Allah from what some people TRULY deserve in the hereafter, indeed majority people are neglectful of Allah's true judgement and mercy.

this is just my personal interpretation of why muslims fail in this life, Allah knows best!
if it is correct, Then i truly thank Allah!

another thing to consider, so the players themselves pray salat, give jakat? do they at least attempt to practice Islam for the sake of Allah which comes from the Heart? these are also factors to consider as well...

also, if you notice, the motivation, end result behind cricket is Fame, Glory, something you benefit in this Life only!

i will be held accountable for spending time behind cricket and i am well aware of it...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 28, 2008, 07:42 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Rifat bhai, I am afraid to say that, but I am not sure if we should mix religion with sports or if religion can justify it. From the religious perspective, cricket is nothing but a "vain" task because it neither benefits you in this world nor in the hereafter.

I follow cricket only because it is a way to bring some glory for my country. But now I never include cricket in my prayer. I mean I say like "inshallah we will win....". I used to seriously pray for good performance of our cricket team, but I have seen that whenever I had truly prayed for Bangladesh, they drastically failed. Since then, the dua that I make after salat, cricket never pops up anymore. Might seem funny, but I found it to be true after it happened several times.
i disagree. the verses of quran are not just applicable to salaat, sawm, or zakat. they are applicable to everything. sports included.

sports are not haraam, nor even makhruh. if everything in this world is an i'badah when done properly, then cricket cannot be any different.

and all things in life require discipline in order to be successful.

discipline is taught by all religions, and more so by true islamic teachings. doesn't mean that non muslims cannot be disciplined (witness rahul dravid's career). but what it means is that cricket can be an i'badah if done properly.

of course that means, stopping to pray on time, and not boozing or banging byches on road trips (not sure if our players do this yet, like the paki players of old).

religiously derived discipline can also yeild athletic success just like secular discipline can. otherwise Hakeem Olajuwon wouldn't have upped his career averages during the month of Ramadan.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket