facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old January 11, 2009, 05:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Default Match Thread: Bangladesh versus Sri Lanka, GrameenPhone Tri Series, 14th January 2009

Grameen Phone Tri Series

Bangladesh vs. Sri Lanka

3rd ODI

Date and Time:
January 14, 2009

(9:00 Local Time.7:00 GMT Time)

Venue:

Mirpur

Weather:

BanglaCricket Tour Coverage:

BanglaCricket Chat Room:

anyways:this match thread is dedicated to BanglaCricket members: BD-Shardul and Kalpurush bhai

special Thanks: Kalpurush

Last edited by Rifat; January 11, 2009 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: dedicate cause!

Old January 11, 2009, 06:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

good luck
Old January 11, 2009, 07:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Bismillah. Best of luck Bangladesh and Rifat bhai !
Old January 11, 2009, 07:08 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

all i can say to our player is to plz repair ur brain.

and Good luck
Old January 11, 2009, 07:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.
Bismillah. Best of luck Bangladesh and Rifat bhai !
thanks, Yasin
Old January 11, 2009, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

best of luck..... i think this thread is pretty appropriate... no frills.... luks lyk we're mourning..... and tht is how the thing pretty much is.....
Old January 11, 2009, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

We really need Sri Lanka to:
1) thrash Zimbabwe like they've never been thrashed before
2) lose to Bangladesh
or
1) lose to Zimbabwe like they have never been thrashed before
2) do a rain dance by mistake, giving both teams (Bangladesh and Sri Lanka) a point in the last game, putting Bangladesh through
Old January 11, 2009, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Man Rifat, if you can't make a match thread properly, why even try? We definitely losing this match...you suck and a kufa...
Old January 11, 2009, 09:39 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ray Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla-red
2) do a rain dance by mistake, giving both teams (Bangladesh and Sri Lanka) a point in the last game, putting Bangladesh through
I could go for this option. After gifting SL 3 wins when they were in Harare last month, we're due to beat them...
Old January 11, 2009, 11:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maehara
I could go for this option. After gifting SL 3 wins when they were in Harare last month, we're due to beat them...

It wasn't that, there was a bet between SL bowlers and batsmen. Batsmen wanted to see how low of a score can the bowlers defend. Didn't we defend like 132 against Zimbabwe? I think that was the lowest.
Old January 11, 2009, 11:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhika_s
It wasn't that, there was a bet between SL bowlers and batsmen. Batsmen wanted to see how low of a score can the bowlers defend. Didn't we defend like 132 against Zimbabwe? I think that was the lowest.
lol
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 11, 2009, 11:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Man Rifat, if you can't make a match thread properly, why even try? We definitely losing this match...you suck and a kufa...

lol, u r funny. anyway, rifat i dont think u r kufa. i think u will bring luck for us. make a nice opening thread.
Old January 11, 2009, 11:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
i...

anyways:this match thread is dedicated to BanglaCricket member: BD-Shardul...
why what happen to him?
Old January 11, 2009, 11:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

we are the chapions we are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapionswe are the chapions
Old January 11, 2009, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

We are the "chapions"? WTF?
Old January 11, 2009, 12:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Rifat, how you secretly wish that the no frills thread is going to change the luck of the team!!
But the reality is,frills or no frills,it wont change whatever that goes inside the head of Ashraful and 9 other members of the team.

I mean between yesterday and day after tomorrow, i dont think they'd have a secrect magic tonic to drink and to rub on their forehand as to when they wake up on 14th morning, they'd transform themselves to super humans.

Well, keep on dreaming.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 11, 2009, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangla-red
1) thrash Zimbabwe like they've never been thrashed before
2) lose to Bangladesh
or
I prefer

Zim beating SL,
Bangladesh beating SL

setting up a rematch.
Old January 11, 2009, 12:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
why what happen to him?
he dedicated a thread to me for a cause unknown last June that Tri series match against India in which Rakibul made a well composed 89 hey, i have to return the favor!
Old January 11, 2009, 01:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Thanks Rifat bhai.

Anyway, after the loss against Zimbo, I am am completely hopeless about our cricket. Oruchi aisha gese Bangladesh criketer proti. It won’t matter if we win the series against Zimbo. During 2007 WC, one of my Indian friends said that he will never forgive the Indians for losing against BD, even if IND beats BD 1000 times. I now know how he felt. In our home soil, Zimbo will play the final (and they deserved to play) and loser Ash and his gong will be ahammok spectators in the gallery. What a disgrace. And still sitting in the gallery, Ash gadha will be laughing---pura botrish dat bair koira. I don’t think I will be able to follow BD cricket anymore as long as all time great gadha Ash leads. He is the cause of all illness. This tumor needs to be removed.

I have always been such a strong critique of Ashraful that when I saw his name in our WC 2007 squad, I was upset. My mind didn't change even after he came up with the best performance. He was then awarded the captaincy----THE MISTAKE OF THE CENTURY------ekhon eri mashul ditesi.

It never happened in my life that a BD match is going and I forget. Now a days it is happening. The day we were playing against Zimbo, I completely forget that there was a BD match. I think I will be supporting Zimbo during the tri series. And that is just because of Ashraful.

And people should stop talking about infrastructure and facilities outright. When Tendulker made his debut, a senior Indian player told him not to think about his age. He said, "tendu you have been thrust here, so you should only think about getting the job done." Engineers think the same. Never cry about what you have and don't have, what you know and what you don't know. If you are truly sincere about getting the job done, you will be able to do it. And Cricket is no Olympic games. Here you need to master the skills, which you can do easily if you have wish. Request your coach to give you some extra tutorial sessions. And most importantly you need to have determination. As for building the habit of staying in the wicket, I agree that our sub-standard NCL doesn't help much. But this could not be the end of the world. How Chanderpaul is scoring runs? Chanderpaul er talent to Ashrafuler moto upchaiya pore na. Still he is scoring runs. How? He practice batting in front of nets everyday for hours. He doesn't look into his watch. A bowling machine is not that expensive. Our Aggie cricket club is trying to buy one. I think it is 3000-4000 USD. Ashrafuler ki taka kom ase? BCB jodi bowling machine na dey, ekta bowling machine kine nek. Nijer career er jodi chinta thakto, tahole onek kisui korto. Chita to nai. Khali shuni neter piche naki onek porishrom kore. Keu Jodi asholei porishrom kore, 136 ta one day match khela ek kheloyar golden duck maira 32 dat ber kore kemne? Faizlamir ekta shima thaka dorkar.

I have always stood by my country. But I can't stand for some morons. This is the problem with my country. Beloved country, beloved cricket team, but wrong people everywhere. This is probably our destiny.
Old January 11, 2009, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Shardul bhai, you have many reasons to be upset with Ashraful but I think you are being a little too harsh on him. Yes, he is inconsistent and the way he got out is totally unexcusable. But there are ten other players in our team who already failed in this game. Except Sakib ofcourse. Everyone has to take their share of blame. Someone gets the blame more than others (Ash ofcourse) but our cricket is where it is today because of not only a single reason.
Old January 11, 2009, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Shardul bhai, you have many reasons to be upset with Ashraful but I think you are being a little too harsh on him. Yes, he is inconsistent and the way he got out is totally unexcusable. But there are ten other players in our team who already failed in this game. Except Sakib ofcourse. Everyone has to take their share of blame. Someone gets the blame more than others (Ash ofcourse) but our cricket is where it is today because of not only a single reason.
You said it all bro, very nicely put, we need to fix many things to go forward, just blaming everything on Ash will not take us anywhere.
Old January 11, 2009, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
You said it all bro, very nicely put, we need to fix many things to go forward, just blaming everything on Ash will not take us anywhere.
he is getting the most blame not just because he got out like that because he got out like that while being captain.

Main thing for me is there need to be some changes after such game performance. Else these players will think so what we lost a game.

They need to understand this was not just A game. The body language to every thing was wrong.

One thing to point out that Ash became some what serious after he got molded by the mohammadan fans and then he realized that he is taking so much money and he is returning very little. and thats why we r getting these 10+ scores from him!!!

Anyway I think some one needs to step down but this is bangladesh nothing will happen and they will be out from tri series and they will act like nothing happen...
Old January 11, 2009, 03:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

maybe they are all just tired after playin 2 tests both five days(lol)... ashraful has to go as a captain, we badly need a good second opener... we need a good replacement for razzak not only bowling but bating wise also..
Old January 11, 2009, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
RIfat, why you put picture where LION is beating up tiger in one and the tiger is DROWING in the other? You are an embarrassment to game thread openers and BC. I think you are a rajakar. Why don't you just do us all a favor and self-ban yourself?

This game thread reads more like a loser hotline than anything else....I am gonna report this thread..
Old January 11, 2009, 04:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
RIfat, why you put picture where LION is beating up tiger in one and the tiger is DROWING in the other? You are an embarrassment to game thread openers and BC. I think you are a rajakar. Why don't you just do us all a favor and self-ban yourself?

This game thread reads more like a loser hotline than anything else....I am gonna report this thread..
at least i do not sugercoat the truth...you just do not like me personally, picking up a lost fight from "forget Cricket"

ahh, the dual nature of kaafir vs. mu'min