facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 16, 2009, 07:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Unhappy A long-term heart injury....

Well, I know it's not only me; every single person in Bangladesh is feeling bad. But guys I've lost all my energy to be able to do anything today; I'm not even being able to get off my chair and do something. I just need someone very dear to grab hold of and let the waterflow come out of my eyes.

This loss just centre-shocked through the core of my heart. I don't know how I'll able to pass the next few days with the feeling that YES, WE HAD LOST! ; forget days, I dunno how to pass through each of the arrow-shaped seconds.

I don't blame any of the players, they all tried their heart out to win it for us. But it feels like it would've been better if we had lost by 8 wickets rather than like this.

Just no words to express the grief, what i just wrote is not saying anything; it's just some random juggling of my fingers over the keyboard to distract myself from the unrhythmic heart beats going inside......It's unbearable!

Guys, don't take the thing out of me if you find this thread useless; I just dunno what to do.....

Bangladesh all the way

- A die hard fan, feeling like dying

Last edited by Purbasha T; January 18, 2009 at 06:54 AM..
Old January 16, 2009, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

I am not sure which is worse: another big defeat or another Multan (in this case, Mirpur). I think Mirpur is worse. If we had lost it big today, we could have blamed it on the batsmen (collective) and moved on. Now, you can point to one person who cost us the game and that's hard to get over. We were oh-so-close and one person gave the game away to Sri Lanka. It's a terrible feeling. I think almost all of us in BC feel the same way you are feeling right now.
Old January 16, 2009, 07:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

same here feeling so bad with great shock as ever I got from this game. Other defeats of Bd have been quite acceptable to me though Multan one was disappointing, but this one, this one just tore my heart, feeling so agony. Can't believe we were so near, may be thats hurts most. Hope everyone will recover from this shock, including me soon )
Old January 16, 2009, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

How did the bowler allow Murali to score all those runs? he is no batsman. I dont un derstand this.
Biggest surprise of my day. The tail end bowlers gave the match away.

Purbasha T, you are not alone, i am also so sad, this is a game BD should haave won quite easily, and they had the chance of winning a series against a strong team and blew it by bad batting once again, even if their bowling failed with SL tailenders. Once again, the problem is that they cannot handle pressure and to think straight.
Old January 16, 2009, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I feel really bad too! Havent left home yet...Really need to make use of my day off...
Old January 16, 2009, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

this defeat is no worse than the defeat @ Multan against pakistan, but when you think about it we worked for a victory in that test compared to luck favoring us in this ODI at some level....

we all expected jayasurya & co knocking off 152 in 20 overs or sth, but what gives me the pleasure is that Bangladesh in not a walk in the park even for a paltry total. Srilanka was simply lucky to go away with the title, otherwise (luckwise) Bangladesh had their name written all over the trophy....
Old January 16, 2009, 12:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhurr
If we had lost it big today, we could have blamed it on the batsmen (collective) and moved on.
Exactly what I thought after the match was over. I was stunned. I am not going to say anymore because I am just stunned at how we managed to lose after that sort of start and pressure all the way through until the 46th over.
Old January 17, 2009, 03:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh's cricket fortunes echoes my life; coming so close and then losing it all.

And to think I watch cricket to get some respite from life...................
Old January 17, 2009, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Even after 24 hrs my house is as silent as grave. I can not belive that we lost the match
Old January 17, 2009, 03:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

probably I am getting better otherwise I could not come here ... I cannot remember what was I thinking yesterday....
Old January 18, 2009, 01:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

what makes it worse is knowing the fact that we will not get a chance like this sometime soon
Old January 18, 2009, 02:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
what sin did the players, all the fans, all of us and i myself do that we had to suffer this kind of a loss?

sister, it is called KUFR... ever wondered why does Bangaldeshi people use the word "Kufa"? i did a lot of thinking and alhamdulillah, i found the answer... Kufa is a derived from Kufr...which is basically a warning in Quran from Allah for Disbelief, Mockery, Denial of specifically Allah and his messenger. (Allah repeats this a a gazillion times in different tastes and yet people continue... seriously it is sad

even though majority of Bangladeshi people were born muslim, a lot of them unfortunately endulge in Kufr and shirk(unforgivable sin in islam, because it is the base of everything and clear cut denial!) false Superstition...thus the retribution... many of them under the mysterious guidance of Shaitan that we reach a point when we think Islam is "annoying" NO...Allah(swt) is spot on when he says "mankind is indeed ungrateful..." they consistently deny quranic concepts, consistently either consciencely or unconsciencely under the influence of Shaitan just Deny and mock and laugh... and mock them without realization...this is why many(not all, but many) Bangladeshi people FAIL to find true inner peace in their hearts and starts the blame game and Backbiting and what not!

remember, it is the collective! it is not just you and me who support Bangladesh cricket team...it is a byproduct of the whole nation! until the whole muslim ummah of Bangladesh comes to its senses, our cricket team will continue to undergo "Kufa"... a minor taste of punishment from the almighty for denying Afterlife...how do people deny afterlife? they commit crime and they think they will not be resurrected? they will "get away" with it! WRONG

why blame the players? they are just machines trying to satisfy our selves? trying to insert a sense of ego, pride into our veins? why on earth we will achieve that if we are not deserving of it, collectively?
Old January 18, 2009, 02:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Purbasha T, let me clarify my claims...

Old January 18, 2009, 02:17 AM
Cricket Guru

চিন্তা করবেন না আমরা এখন থেকে ইনশাল্লাহ জিতবই।
Old January 18, 2009, 02:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat

sister, it is called KUFR... ever wondered why does Bangaldeshi people use the word "Kufa"? i did a lot of thinking and alhamdulillah, i found the answer... Kufa is a derived from Kufr...which is basically a warning in Quran from Allah for Disbelief, Mockery, Denial of specifically Allah and his messenger. (Allah repeats this a a gazillion times in different tastes and yet people continue... seriously it is sad

even though majority of Bangladeshi people were born muslim, a lot of them unfortunately endulge in Kufr and shirk(unforgivable sin in islam, because it is the base of everything and clear cut denial!) false Superstition...thus the retribution... many of them under the mysterious guidance of Shaitan that we reach a point when we think Islam is "annoying" NO...Allah(swt) is spot on when he says "mankind is indeed ungrateful..." they consistently deny quranic concepts, consistently either consciencely or unconsciencely under the influence of Shaitan just Deny and mock and laugh... and mock them without realization...this is why many(not all, but many) Bangladeshi people FAIL to find true inner peace in their hearts and starts the blame game and Backbiting and what not!

remember, it is the collective! it is not just you and me who support Bangladesh cricket team...it is a byproduct of the whole nation! until the whole muslim ummah of Bangladesh comes to its senses, our cricket team will continue to undergo "Kufa"... a minor taste of punishment from the almighty for denying Afterlife...how do people deny afterlife? they commit crime and they think they will not be resurrected? they will "get away" with it! WRONG

why blame the players? they are just machines trying to satisfy our selves? trying to insert a sense of ego, pride into our veins? why on earth we will achieve that if we are not deserving of it, collectively?
eureka! thats it. we lost the game because siddons didn't say his asr prayers that day. that must be it, right? it's got nothing to with cricket at all. actually that makes complete sense to me. nothing that ever happened to me, is actually my fault at all! it's not me but the bad bad people who are surrounding me everywhere. yes, that has to be it, right?

I understand that the loss had severe stress on your neurons and nerves. Just to make it clear, cricket is just a meaningless game. Even the ICC doesn't really care if we win or lose. Don't you think its a teeny weeny bit of an exaggerated response from our loved benevolent dictator to take such a personal interest in our meaningless pastime?

Last edited by roaring tigerz; January 18, 2009 at 10:43 AM..
Old January 18, 2009, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Lol bro, i'm no SISTER, it's a brother; lol, i know my name sounds confusing......ok! well, ye it's true actually, we muslims don't really apply islam in our life to the core; and that's in most of the cases cause the downfall; but i read lots of our guys do pray regularly and stuff, well the source might be authentic or not, dunno..........but true we muslims have got to be serious about more serious things; we have to know this is a test for us, which, in order to get Allah's mercy in the hereafter, we've got to pass.....May ALLAH give us all hidayat...Ameen!
Old January 18, 2009, 06:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

And one thing, i shouldn't really have said like ''What sin we all did.....?'' It's not good, because Allah made things happen the way he wanted, let's see it that way, and take inspiration from it for the next times; that's how I consoled myself, and guess what I've kinda recovered from the loss already...
Old January 18, 2009, 11:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
eureka! thats it. we lost the game because siddons didn't say his asr prayers that day. that must be it, right? it's got nothing to with cricket at all. actually that makes complete sense to me. nothing that ever happened to me, is actually my fault at all! it's not me but the bad bad people who are surrounding me everywhere. yes, that has to be it, right?

I understand that the loss had severe stress on your neurons and nerves. Just to make it clear, cricket is just a meaningless game. Even the ICC doesn't really care if we win or lose. Don't you think its a teeny weeny bit of an exaggerated response from our loved benevolent dictator to take such a personal interest in our meaningless pastime?

i completely agree with your last paragraph...yet despite knowing all these, not only me, but many of BC people still hope...so i say if we have the tools to benefit, why not benefit?

cricket is a driving force in Bangladeshi economy...so it is more than just "meaningless"
think about it, because of this "cricket" i have met, many people, interacted with many people understood many people, so this "cricket" thing does serve some purpose.

second of all, whether we deny it or accept it, Cricket is currently the CORE of Bangladesh Culture...if it is one thing that gives us identity, it is cricket...it all began on a certain day chasing 166 in 25 overs

cricket is just a means, not an end! yet, i still enjoy the game because using the analogy of cricket, we get better at math, we learn...all those "good stuff".