facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 19, 2009, 10:10 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Wickets of the Tri-series and Zim ODI series

I don't understand one thing. When our batting is regularly struggling, making batting friendly wickets make more sense, isn't it? why are we doing the opposites? Our bowling was always good in ODI, we needed some contribution from the batsmen and we are making their life difficult.

I don't understand what's going on in the mind of the Bangladesh management. They are making schoolboy errors and completely clueless.
Old January 19, 2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

This is the very reason I always hessitate to blame our players ( still do it anyways). We are not getting them equiped for the big league. Just throwing them out to play match after match against big teams isn't doing them any favor. On top of that, we are forcing them to play in conditions that are alien to them in their own backyard. I always blame Ash for not learning from his mistakes, it's hard to blame him when the folks who employ him lack vision and common sense.
Old January 19, 2009, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Thanks Miraz.. I was also thinking in the same line. Against a strong side a bowling friendly wicket certainly helps but against a weak side like Zimbabwe why don't they use a battaing paradise, I have no idea.
Old January 19, 2009, 10:51 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

That is a fair point. But do you honestly think that our batting would have done any better on a flat pitch? When your batting fails to score 200 after five or so matches, you know something is wrong.
Old January 19, 2009, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I completely support making bowling pitches. Our bowling attack is totally useless in 300 total pitches, and our batsmen regularly get out for 100-150 scores even in very good batting conditions. At least making a bowling pitch increases chance of a win in case of an accidental half decent batting performance.

In 2008 we scored least runs per wicket and least runs per over in ODIs. Yes, even lower than Zimbabwe in both counts! One would expect a bunch of so called "too much shot playing", "talented" batsmen to score at a fairly decent pace even if they couldn't last very long in the wicket. They're just plain rubbish.

In a nutshell, I prefer 200-120 scoreline over 300/200 scoreline, because the 2nd target is too impossible even for an occasional fluky win.
Old January 19, 2009, 12:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

the basic reason for this bangladeshi criketers are not worthy of holding a bat
Old January 19, 2009, 01:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
I completely support making bowling pitches. Our bowling attack is totally useless in 300 total pitches, and our batsmen regularly get out for 100-150 scores even in very good batting conditions. At least making a bowling pitch increases chance of a win in case of an accidental half decent batting performance.

In 2008 we scored least runs per wicket and least runs per over in ODIs. Yes, even lower than Zimbabwe in both counts! One would expect a bunch of so called "too much shot playing", "talented" batsmen to score at a fairly decent pace even if they couldn't last very long in the wicket. They're just plain rubbish.

In a nutshell, I prefer 200-120 scoreline over 300/200 scoreline, because the 2nd target is too impossible even for an occasional fluky win.
good post
Old January 19, 2009, 01:55 PM
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner

কোন লাভ নাই। যেই লাউ সেই কদু।
আমরা ভুয়া।

Old January 19, 2009, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86

this post is making a lot of sense