facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 19, 2009, 04:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Exclamation Fire Siddons and Ashraful!

We now know that Siddons is not a good coach for us. He should resign along with Ash. Since Siddons came in, we are just going backward. No improvements in batting at all.

I just don't understand why we are paying him 300,000 dollar for. He is just not a good head coach. He's as dumb as Ash as a match tactician. He just know how to talk big and giving us wrong hopes about long-term goals..

Since Ramnayek came in, our bowling improved by miles. And he has worked only for a few months.

We need to hire a head coach from Srilanka or India. Our players need desi treatments. Aussie treatmens won't work for them.

We need to sack both captain and the coach. Ash should go back to domestic cricket and should play there for atleast 1 year before coming back to National team again.
Old January 19, 2009, 04:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Murad bhai, then who is/are good? mohamodn is not good, siddons is not good, BCB offcial is the crap. BCB don't have the gut to hire someone like Richard Mclines.
Old January 19, 2009, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

idk about this. if ash does resign. who will be captain. we have to think these things before we fire him
Old January 19, 2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
idk about this. if ash does resign. who will be captain. we have to think these things before we fire him
Make Mashrafee captain for time being. Wait and see how he does. Then decide...
Old January 19, 2009, 06:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

bloody hell, wasnt it a couple of days ago we were all praising siddons post lankan victory and now hes public enemy number onee..

Im not a betting man myself, but i wud stand to win a sure bet that someone would open a thread wanting the bowling coach (Champaka?) to become national coach just because of bdesh's improved bowling!!!!
Old January 19, 2009, 06:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i think mashrafe is ready to be captain now, i was amazed to see his role of helping rubel in every ball in last match. he is the greatest leader.

dont know what siddons has done so far?
but champaka really help to improve our bowlers. I think we should have srilankan batting coach and head coach too.
Old January 19, 2009, 08:40 PM
Street Cricketer

I think we should fire every fans of Bangla cricket around the world SORRY my tongue slip,one think i don't undastand abt us why we blaming indivisual why not the whole system(BCB) our selectors and the managements are nO good to start with i was very upset for the deperture of Bash,Nafis,alok,rafiq etc
BCB F**k up the whole team now who is going to bring the old glory,answer By us ofcourse we fans should write a pittion to the so called bCB and give them our piece of mind iam sure that will help alot instead of wasting our time writing here cuz no body knows whats going on here and they don't care,and abt captancy i would go for MASH with out any doubt he is more meture then the peanut-head ashfool
Old January 20, 2009, 02:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
Murad bhai, then who is/are good? mohamodn is not good, siddons is not good, BCB offcial is the crap. BCB don't have the gut to hire someone like Richard Mclines.
Bhai janina ke valo. Shudhu jani je Siddons is not good for our players.

We need someone with low profile. High profile coaches are not good for our brainless players. Siddons is a lazy coach.

We need someone like Mcnines who works very hard with the players. He also have a good brain unlike Siddons.
Old January 20, 2009, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Thamle bhalo lage.
Old January 20, 2009, 05:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

I Agree with muradnyc.. FIRE Siddons. I never liked him in the first place. what makes him a coach? did he manage any teams before managing bangladesh? no!
get a well proven coach who knows how to instill performences into the players. siddons hasn't done anything, it's still the bloody same, infact in my opinion he has made the players more defensive and that's not the way to go in modern cricket anymore, take tamim for instance 13 runs of 53 balls????
we need a coach who can improve the footwork of the batsmen, hardly any bangladeshi players use there feet, and this been going on for donkeys years.
we need a coach who can tell the players to rotate strikes and take singles everytime, well i don't see that much aswell, example take the last match.
so you tell me WTH is siddons doing? nothing! his just taking advantage of poor professionalism from BCB and filling his pockets.

by the way The whole BCB is a joke all of them need to be replaced by ppl who understand cricket and not some currupt politician!
Old January 20, 2009, 04:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
Thamle bhalo lage.

Bro amar o valo lage na erokom criticize korte. I was all for Siddons when he came in. But day by day.. or comments,, or approach gulo dekhe...mone hochche he is not the right person for us.. he may be the right person for our academy team.

Besides that I think he doesnt work with the batsmen that much. He also said that in one interview he doesnt get enough time to work with all the players. He wants another battting coach.. WHy? How he gonna get time to work with all the players when he works with the players only for 3-4 days before a series starts? He is very lazy.. and a bad motivator of the players.

Last edited by Murad; January 20, 2009 at 04:45 PM..
Old January 20, 2009, 04:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yea.. make Ramnayek head coach... get Bulbul as assitant coach.. we will be fine...
Old January 20, 2009, 04:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Yea.. make Ramnayek head coach... get Bulbul as assitant coach.. we will be fine...
Na bhai, Ramayek is fine where he is now. We can make Bulbul as our head coach and manager or we can hire someone from Srilanka and India.
Old January 20, 2009, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Na bhai, Ramayek is fine where he is now. We can make Bulbul as our head coach and manager or we can hire someone from Srilanka and India.
how about arjuna ranatunga? before siddons, he was interested to be the bangladesh coach
Old January 20, 2009, 04:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim

Not sure about Siddons, but Ash needs to go. Mash can be captain
with Shakib as vice capt. Non-performing players like Ash cannot be retained as captains. in fact Siddons had mentioned this at some point and was shut down by BCB officials if I remember correctly. Definietly infrastructure-ey change laagbe, kintu Ash really needs to give up the driver;s seat, he is getting into too many accidents, need someone who can press on the gas pedal...

GothamCity
Old January 20, 2009, 07:08 PM
Cricket Sage

You can fire Siddon ... his father, his grandfather, hisgreat garndfather, his butler, his driver, all of them.... but the main problem will not go away.... you need to get rid of the cancer of this team....there is only one conatsnt member who is still there.... continue to survive without performing.... survived all these selectors... all these BCB executives... suvived all these coaches.

Siddon may or may not be part of the problem...but he is but the source of the main problem.
Old January 21, 2009, 12:04 PM
Club Cricketer

I am in agreement.

I think that Siddons has created negative vibes by criticizing the team and individual players in the media. That is simply not acceptable from a coach under any circumstances.

Get a Bangladeshi coach, play the Bangladeshi way and stop trying to be like Australia. Play cricket your own way.
Old January 21, 2009, 12:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bad * (domestic cricket structure, pitches, fields, divisional teams, umpires, coaches, facilites) are also Ash and Siddons fault.
Old January 21, 2009, 12:51 PM
Banned

I am actually all for Siddions. I will give him more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crussher
Get a Bangladeshi coach, play the Bangladeshi way and stop trying to be like Australia. Play cricket your own way.
Then we will only win against associates--not even minnows lol.
Old January 21, 2009, 01:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Well, what JS can do if key players do not listen to him. BCB, the Eden Garden of Partisan Politics, is good for nothing, the former players can not put the Nation infront of their petty interest.
Old January 21, 2009, 02:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

bangladesh jodi eivabe harte thake ar harte harte jodi teststatus hariye fele tahole Siddonser kichu jai ashe na...i doesnt matter to siddons as much as it matters to bd if we loose the test status...he will go back to australia and relax....amader batting er ei obostha theke je ber kore ante parbe shei hobe joggo coach
Old January 21, 2009, 03:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Siddon as a coach is good for Australia only, not Bangladesh. He does not know how to motivate players. He always thinks that we cannot beat top 8 countries He has even set our target to 200 (which is why we have trouble chasing 200). He constantly argues that our players are not good enough. Our facilities are not good enough and it will take few more years before we can see the results. He does not believe in winning matches here and there but constantly win matches in the future- great point but when and how? I don't buy his argument. Sri Lanka does not have facilities like Australia and their players' physique are not like Australian, but they always produce world class players. I can bet he does not understand how to coach foreign players, other than Australian players. Coaching is about understanding the techniques, human psychology, motivation and the culture of the country you are coaching. It is about time, we see the present, because future is shaped by the present through careful thoughts, vision and planning. If we don’t see the result in present time, we will never see the result in the future.
Old January 21, 2009, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

If you do not fire the "right" person who is behind all the scene, nothing will change. Look at corporations firing all their employees, is it their fault. Ash can step down as captain, but we might need him for experience. We do not want a team with 20+ players.

May be Siddons is struggling to fix BD team, so did other coaches...our cricket system is faulty a coach can not fix that infrastructure..
Old January 21, 2009, 04:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

if Bangladesh batting sucked so much how were they able to do a score of 400+ in test??? siddon is building a side which is good at test cricketing and it will take some time... so be patient guys.. don't change opinions after every single game...
Old January 21, 2009, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

i agree. siddons is a fine batting coach but not a good head coach. he doesnt have a good head coach mentality. he isnt encouraging enough