facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 24, 2009, 12:29 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 24,932
Default Your Top Ten

Without further ado here's my list in descending ranks:

1. Shakib (duh)
2. Mashrafe
3. Mushfiqur (hardest working player in the team)
4. Rakibul
5. Tamim
6. Nazmul Hossain
7. (Ash)
8. Razzak (miss him)
9. Mehrab (meh)
10. Naeem Islam

Disclaimer: It's mostly based from ODI performances.

p.s. We desperately need a team that clicks everytime instead of experimenting with different permutations. This is not my word, all the commentators has been reiterating it. It's about time we find our Cosmic Tens and LET THEM MATURE instead of killing them based on single performance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 24, 2009, 12:42 AM
sandpiper sandpiper is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 9, 2007
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Wasim Akram
Posts: 6,467

After such a timid and half-hearted performance against a side like Zimbabwe, I lost my ruchi on cricket
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 24, 2009, 01:46 AM
Farhad's Avatar
Farhad Farhad is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 11, 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan
Posts: 2,815

From Current Team

1. Shakib
2. Mashrafe
3. Tamim (People have been inexplicably harsh on him, top scorer since last year by far)
4. Rakibul
5. Ash (Second highest scorer since last year, deserves a lower rank based on sheer stupidity)
6. Naeem Islam (His stats deserve a higher ranking, just hasn't been a match winner yet)
7. Mushfiq (Poor batting avg in both ODI's and List A, not a great keeper, complete bust at #3)
***8. Rubel (tentative ranking, unfair to judge him yet, REALLY like this guy)
9. Nazmul (Can be either Mash #2 or Khaled Mahmud depending on the conditions)
10. Mahmudullah (Like this guy, think he'll be higher in the months to come)
***11. Mehrab (Very unfair i know, didn't know where else to put him based on previous contributions)
12. Junaid Siddique (Last series for a very long time i think, has potential)
__________________
^True dat^
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 24, 2009, 10:13 AM
Megh's Avatar
Megh Megh is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 13, 2007
Location: Tongi, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib
Posts: 1,555

1. Sakib[any doubt!!!!]
2. Mash[top-order-shaker]
3. Rokibul----------------------->|
4. Mushy[perfect #7 batsman] |-------->[these 2 guys are showing that they coming back soon]
5. Tamim----------------------->|
6. Naeem
7. Nazmul
8. Ashrafool[ He hasn't done anything good so far for last few series]
9. Mehrab Jr.[Obviously he could go up in the order but he performed well only in th 2nd ODI]
10. Riyad
11. Rubel[to make the team full i must notice this guy]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 24, 2009, 10:22 AM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,672

Syed Rasel.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 24, 2009, 10:47 AM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

Shakib
Tamim
Ash
Raqibul
Mashrafe
Rubel
Razzak
Mushifiq
Naeem
??????
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 25, 2009, 08:20 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

i want rasel back
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 25, 2009, 08:21 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 24,932

Thanks for bumping it. Come'on people don't sleep on it. You know you want it. So write up..

You are making a legend look like a street cricketer.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 25, 2009, 08:27 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Thanks for bumping it. Come'on people don't sleep on it. You know you want it. So write up..

You are making a legend look like a street cricketer.
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 26, 2009, 03:09 AM
CholCholBD CholCholBD is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: September 9, 2008
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafe
Posts: 529

Since Gopal has been whoring this top ten list since its creation lol here's my 10 in descending ranks:

1. Mashrafe Mortaza: Next captain. Only world class BD pacer. Tremendous potential. Certainly impressed me in every facet of his game more than anyone. Has all the right elements for the perfect storm.

2. Shakib Al Hasan: Sailing mighty high at the moment. I sincerely hope he keeps up the great work.

3. Ashraful: He has lost his charm and his mojo. Although no longer flashy, he has become a perfect spin specialist batsman in his modifications. Would like him to hold down the middle order a bit more. Should focus on batting, and pass the captaincy to Mashrafe.

4. Abdur Razzak: U can only hold a good man down for so long. He will be back, he will be better and he will lead this team to victory.

5. Raqibul: Nerves of steel and always a professional. Settles in nicely and plays his role competantly. The perfect middle order batsman.

6.Nazmul Hossain: Good pacers hunt in pairs and he has been very impressive in holding the chemistry with Mashrafe. We now have formidable opening pacers.

7.Tamim Iqbal: Still breath taking with the bat. The game does not come to him on too many occasions but he is wonderful to watch nonetheless.

8. Mushfique: Very vocal, inspiring, although I wished he was a more capable keeper and batsman. He does about an average job, nothing extraordinary on most occasions, but just about sufficient which is all I can ask from a teenager anyways.

9. Rubel: Loved his sling action! Very entertaining bouncers although he is to blame for a Murali cameo at the worst of times. I wish he learns fast under the limelight. Would love to see him succeed.

10. Rasel: He has been out of sorts for so long I dont know if we can ever get the passionate, fiery medium pacer back. But he gave a lot of fond memories and hopefully more to come!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 26, 2009, 03:46 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,023

what is it a top 10 for? favourite players? who we think are performing the best? who we think should be selected?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 26, 2009, 05:10 AM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 14,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Thanks for bumping it. Come'on people don't sleep on it. You know you want it. So write up..

You are making a legend look like a street cricketer.
I rate you No.1 BC member of 2008, You deserve it. I am too lazy to rate rest of TOP TEN atm.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 26, 2009, 07:49 AM
karimjay.'s Avatar
karimjay. karimjay. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 26, 2006
Location: Sydney
Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn
Posts: 2,072

1 Shakib
2 Mashrafi
3 Nazmul
4 Ashraful
5 Rahim
6 Rubel
7 Raqibul
8 Mehrab
9 Naeem
10 Kapali
__________________
valar morghulis
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 26, 2009, 04:10 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholCholBD
Since Gopal has been whoring this top ten list since its creation lol here's my 10 in descending ranks:

1. Mashrafe Mortaza: Next captain. Only world class BD pacer. Tremendous potential. Certainly impressed me in every facet of his game more than anyone. Has all the right elements for the perfect storm.

2. Shakib Al Hasan: Sailing mighty high at the moment. I sincerely hope he keeps up the great work.

3. Ashraful: He has lost his charm and his mojo. Although no longer flashy, he has become a perfect spin specialist batsman in his modifications. Would like him to hold down the middle order a bit more. Should focus on batting, and pass the captaincy to Mashrafe.

4. Abdur Razzak: U can only hold a good man down for so long. He will be back, he will be better and he will lead this team to victory.

5. Raqibul: Nerves of steel and always a professional. Settles in nicely and plays his role competantly. The perfect middle order batsman.

6.Nazmul Hossain: Good pacers hunt in pairs and he has been very impressive in holding the chemistry with Mashrafe. We now have formidable opening pacers.

7.Tamim Iqbal: Still breath taking with the bat. The game does not come to him on too many occasions but he is wonderful to watch nonetheless.

8. Mushfique: Very vocal, inspiring, although I wished he was a more capable keeper and batsman. He does about an average job, nothing extraordinary on most occasions, but just about sufficient which is all I can ask from a teenager anyways.

9. Rubel: Loved his sling action! Very entertaining bouncers although he is to blame for a Murali cameo at the worst of times. I wish he learns fast under the limelight. Would love to see him succeed.

10. Rasel: He has been out of sorts for so long I dont know if we can ever get the passionate, fiery medium pacer back. But he gave a lot of fond memories and hopefully more to come!
exactly my team
very nicely listed out
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 26, 2009, 04:19 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 24,932

Bumpers ahoy!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 26, 2009, 04:35 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,455

Its my team. So I guess I can pick anyone ...

For ODI
1. Sakib
2. Mashrafee
3. Rubel
4. Razzak
5. Naeem
6. Tamim
7. Riaz
8. Mushfiq
9. Aftab
10.Farhad


For Test
1. Sakib
2. Mashrafee
3. Rakibul
4. Tamim
5. Naeem
6. Shahadat
7. Rubel
8. Riaz
9. Mushfiq
10.Mehrab


For 20-20
1. Sakib
2. Mashrafee
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Tamim
6. Riaz
7. Mushfiq
8. Farhad
9. Alok
10. Naeem
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 26, 2009, 06:00 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Its my team. So I guess I can pick anyone ...

For ODI
1. Sakib
2. Mashrafee
3. Rubel
4. Razzak
5. Naeem
6. Tamim
7. Riaz
8. Mushfiq
9. Aftab
10.Farhad


For Test
1. Sakib
2. Mashrafee
3. Rakibul
4. Tamim
5. Naeem
6. Shahadat
7. Rubel
8. Riaz
9. Mushfiq
10.Mehrab


For 20-20
1. Sakib
2. Mashrafee
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Tamim
6. Riaz
7. Mushfiq
8. Farhad
9. Alok
10. Naeem
nicely done except for why so many forhad votes?
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old January 26, 2009, 06:33 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
nicely done except for why so many forhad votes?
I like Rana (R.I.P.) and Forhad type players who are not the most "so called" talented players and prematurely tagged by our elite members (early in their career) as a "no good" player and surprisingly fightback and stayed with the team by constantly improving their performance day by day.

Unfortunately Rana died in a car accident and Farhad got frustrated and joined to ICL.

Then Why Select Farhad/Aftab/Alok as they are banned? Because I believe (hope) they will be eventually un-banned and they still have the skillset to be included in my top ten based on their current form.
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old January 26, 2009, 06:59 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I like Rana (R.I.P.) and Forhad type players who are not the most "so called" talented players and prematurely tagged by our elite members (early in their career) as a "no good" player and surprisingly fightback and stayed with the team by constantly improving their performance day by day.

Unfortunately Rana died in a car accident and Farhad got frustrated and joined to ICL.

Then Why Select Farhad/Aftab/Alok as they are banned? Because I believe (hope) they will be eventually un-banned and they still have the skillset to be included in my top ten based on their current form.
oh ok
i also liked farhad towards the end of his career. he looked like a decent swing bowler
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old January 27, 2009, 12:16 AM
wiseshah wiseshah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Posts: 6,135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Its my team. So I guess I can pick anyone ...

For ODI
1. Sakib
2. Mashrafee
3. Rubel
4. Razzak
5. Naeem
6. Tamim
7. Riaz
8. Mushfiq
9. Aftab
10.Farhad


For Test
1. Sakib
2. Mashrafee
3. Rakibul
4. Tamim
5. Naeem
6. Shahadat
7. Rubel
8. Riaz
9. Mushfiq
10.Mehrab


For 20-20
1. Sakib
2. Mashrafee
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Tamim
6. Riaz
7. Mushfiq
8. Farhad
9. Alok
10. Naeem

who is this riaz? never heard about him.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old January 27, 2009, 12:27 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 24,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
who is this riaz? never heard about him.
I think he meant Riad.

By the way folks, don't feel shy to bookmark this beautiful thread in Google Digg del.icio.us or StumbleUpon. Also, rate it ^^^ and subscribe to it for instant email notification whenever someone posts here before kicking yourself for missing out all the fun and action.

Mash'llah, now the reply is 18....err.....make it 19. [Can it top all time high record 26 of my other thread ? We shall wait and see.]

Bangladesh Zindabad!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old January 27, 2009, 12:27 AM
wiseshah wiseshah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Posts: 6,135

in ODI

1.mashrafe
2.sakib
3.tamim
4.rasel
5. razzaq
6. rokibul
7. nayeem
8. ashraful
9. rubel
10. najmul
11.mahmudullah

test

1.sakib
2. mashrafe
3. ashraful
4. mushfiq
5.shahadat
6.enam jr
7.mehrab jr
8.junaed
9. nayeem
10.mahbubul robin
11. _______

20/20

1. mashrafe
2. razzaq
3. rasel
4. ashraful
5. sakib
6. junaed
7. tamim
8. alok kapali
9. nazimuddin
10. shahriar nafis
11.aftab

promising 11 (not debut yet)

1. shohrawardi shuvo
2. marshall ayub
3. nasir Hossain
4. arafat sunny
5. shamsur rahman shuvo
6. subhashis roy
7. mithun ali
8. rony talukder
9.nabil samad
10. ashraful aziz
11. farhad hossain
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old January 27, 2009, 01:54 PM
crikfreak's Avatar
crikfreak crikfreak is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2008
Location: Sharjah, UAE
Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA
Posts: 2,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholCholBD
Since Gopal has been whoring this top ten list since its creation lol here's my 10 in descending ranks:

1. Mashrafe Mortaza: Next captain. Only world class BD pacer. Tremendous potential. Certainly impressed me in every facet of his game more than anyone. Has all the right elements for the perfect storm.

2. Shakib Al Hasan: Sailing mighty high at the moment. I sincerely hope he keeps up the great work.

3. Ashraful: He has lost his charm and his mojo. Although no longer flashy, he has become a perfect spin specialist batsman in his modifications. Would like him to hold down the middle order a bit more. Should focus on batting, and pass the captaincy to Mashrafe.

4. Abdur Razzak: U can only hold a good man down for so long. He will be back, he will be better and he will lead this team to victory.

5. Raqibul: Nerves of steel and always a professional. Settles in nicely and plays his role competantly. The perfect middle order batsman.

6.Nazmul Hossain: Good pacers hunt in pairs and he has been very impressive in holding the chemistry with Mashrafe. We now have formidable opening pacers.

7.Tamim Iqbal: Still breath taking with the bat. The game does not come to him on too many occasions but he is wonderful to watch nonetheless.

8. Mushfique: Very vocal, inspiring, although I wished he was a more capable keeper and batsman. He does about an average job, nothing extraordinary on most occasions, but just about sufficient which is all I can ask from a teenager anyways.

9. Rubel: Loved his sling action! Very entertaining bouncers although he is to blame for a Murali cameo at the worst of times. I wish he learns fast under the limelight. Would love to see him succeed.

10. Rasel: He has been out of sorts for so long I dont know if we can ever get the passionate, fiery medium pacer back. But he gave a lot of fond memories and hopefully more to come!
thank u bhayya... u've done most of the work for me... this wud be my top 10 as well...xept i'd move down ash 2 no 8 below tamim and move up tamim one spot ahead of nazmul to no. 6
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old January 27, 2009, 02:20 PM
sharjilh's Avatar
sharjilh sharjilh is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 26, 2007
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 1,162

1) Shakib Al Hasan - what a performer!!
2) Mashrafe Bin Mortaza - he has been superb with the ball recently
3) Tamim Iqbal - finally we have a solid top quality opener, needs to really fix his running!
4) Ashraful - he is a great player! I dont care what everyone thinks, has everyone forgot he just scored a test century against Sri Lanka? I think 2009 will be Ashraful's year, just watch :P
5) Raqibul Hasan - I would say he is quite a consistent batsman, I think a few more games and he will come really good
6) Mushfiqur Rahim - really good! I dont think he needs to come at 1-down anymore, then he will definately be good
7) Nazmul Hossain/Shahadat Hossain - I think they will just keep fighting for that bowling spot :P....theyre both extremely inconsistent with great talent and prospect
8) Mehrab Hossain - a good batsman actually, who can come handy with the ball, thus he definately deserves a play in the Top 10
9) Naeem Islam - He will become Bangladesh's ODI specialist!
10) Rubel Hossain - Currently I rate him to be our best fast bowler after Mashrafe (I know very early) simply because he has quite a different action, and bowls in a good line (still needs to work on that length lol), but since Rasel is away, he is definately No.2

These listings are pretty much based on the performances of the recent series....so by next series it will definately change :P
__________________
Miracle Man: Mohammad Ashraful
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old January 27, 2009, 04:39 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharjilh
1) Shakib Al Hasan - what a performer!!
2) Mashrafe Bin Mortaza - he has been superb with the ball recently
3) Tamim Iqbal - finally we have a solid top quality opener, needs to really fix his running!
4) Ashraful - he is a great player! I dont care what everyone thinks, has everyone forgot he just scored a test century against Sri Lanka? I think 2009 will be Ashraful's year, just watch :P
5) Raqibul Hasan - I would say he is quite a consistent batsman, I think a few more games and he will come really good
6) Mushfiqur Rahim - really good! I dont think he needs to come at 1-down anymore, then he will definately be good
7) Nazmul Hossain/Shahadat Hossain - I think they will just keep fighting for that bowling spot :P....theyre both extremely inconsistent with great talent and prospect
8) Mehrab Hossain - a good batsman actually, who can come handy with the ball, thus he definately deserves a play in the Top 10
9) Naeem Islam - He will become Bangladesh's ODI specialist!
10) Rubel Hossain - Currently I rate him to be our best fast bowler after Mashrafe (I know very early) simply because he has quite a different action, and bowls in a good line (still needs to work on that length lol), but since Rasel is away, he is definately No.2

These listings are pretty much based on the performances of the recent series....so by next series it will definately change :P
nicely said
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket