facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 15, 2017, 04:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default BCB President warns senior players - Perform or Out.

“Every decision has been taken by me. I don’t know why Chandika Hathurusingha’s name always come out in these type of situations. No one told me that he (Mahmudullah) will not be in the ODI squad. Before it (squad) comes to me, it’s not important what other people say,” Nazmul told the media at P Sara Oval in Colombo on Wednesday.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cr...p-mahmudullah/

This part is really interesting, its like a strong warning to senior players.

“I want to make it clear that we like our senior players. We will forever honour their contribution for the team. But any player could be dropped from the team due to underperformance. It is natural that he might get frustrated at first. But if that frustration affects the whole team then that player should not play for Bangladesh,” said Nazmul.

If a player gets dropped and then the whole team get affected then we don’t want those kind of players in the side. This message is very clear. If a senior player gets dropped, then he should encourage the replacement player to play better for the sake of the team.” he added.

Old March 15, 2017, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mustafizur, Sabbir.

Much needed, good clear message out to all - no one is guranteed to be in the side, if they don't perform they get dropped, simple as. Well done Papon.
Old March 15, 2017, 05:05 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

About time!
Old March 15, 2017, 05:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

According to PA he wanted to drop Mushfiq for Colombo test.
Old March 15, 2017, 06:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

Interesting article
Old March 15, 2017, 06:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I think the whole senior perform or out has started from BanglaCricket. I know it seems far fetched but all the calls that people made here passionately has reached out to the world somehow, also because I haven't really seen the same calls outside. The real power of BC was shown here by removing Mahmudullah Riyad out of the team, a non-performer, and some passionate fans who called it. What do you guys think?
Old March 15, 2017, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
“Every decision has been taken by me. I don’t know why Chandika Hathurusingha’s name always come out in these type of situations. No one told me that he (Mahmudullah) will not be in the ODI squad. Before it (squad) comes to me, it’s not important what other people say,” Nazmul told the media at P Sara Oval in Colombo on Wednesday.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cr...p-mahmudullah/

This part is really interesting, its like a strong warning to senior players.

“I want to make it clear that we like our senior players. We will forever honour their contribution for the team. But any player could be dropped from the team due to underperformance. It is natural that he might get frustrated at first. But if that frustration affects the whole team then that player should not play for Bangladesh,” said Nazmul.

If a player gets dropped and then the whole team get affected then we don’t want those kind of players in the side. This message is very clear. If a senior player gets dropped, then he should encourage the replacement player to play better for the sake of the team.” he added.
I'm 599% agreed with him..of course perform or out ... beta this is national matters , not a clubhouse matter.... Desh first ... that's the bottom line. Thanks papon for ur guts.
Old March 15, 2017, 07:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match Adda
I'm 599% agreed with him..of course perform or out ... beta this is national matters , not a clubhouse matter.... Desh first ... that's the bottom line. Thanks papon for ur guts.

What do you mean by guts! If Papon is the head of the selection committee - which he is- why does he needs guts to drop any player he wishes? Every single senior member is in the team because they are performing well enough. Maybe they are not performing as well as we like. But such is life. We get too excited by the one-off performance. Where is Gazi or Abul Hasan. Remember them?

This is stupid mob mentality.
Old March 15, 2017, 07:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Did he do a 'mic-drop' after ?
Old March 15, 2017, 08:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Hopefully shakib is listening. If he refined his play a bit and focused a bit more BD would win a lot more. If he can maintain his 40+ average with the bat but convert more of the 50s to 100+ scores then the team would be scoring more runs more often. If he is able to get back to being a bit more of a wicket taker with the ball then the bowling unit would be awesome.

Mehedi and shakib both bowling well in conjunction with fizz and taskin bowling well, that would be as good of an attack as any atm.
Old March 15, 2017, 08:37 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Congrats Kohli. User Kohli Sox.
Old March 15, 2017, 09:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju
What do you mean by guts! If Papon is the head of the selection committee - which he is- why does he needs guts to drop any player he wishes? Every single senior member is in the team because they are performing well enough. Maybe they are not performing as well as we like. But such is life. We get too excited by the one-off performance. Where is Gazi or Abul Hasan. Remember them?

Not really...I guess someone having mob mentality for not having enough cricket knowledge
Old March 15, 2017, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafizraju

Dude... doesn't matter who the heck r u? But dropping senior players from the team , it needs guts... because here lots of political issues involved... go learn some cricket knowledge first, before you criticize someone... kotha theke Ashe shob durrr
Old March 15, 2017, 09:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir,Brendan Taylor,TI

Stern reminder to Shakib,Tamim and Mahmudullah, that they are not bigger than the game, and can be dropped without warning.....

Especially Shakib, thinks he is the baap of bangladesh cricket team
Old March 15, 2017, 09:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir,Brendan Taylor,TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match Adda
Good first, but the guts part killed it
Old March 15, 2017, 09:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Thank you, finally.
Old March 15, 2017, 10:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

Typical deshi/trumpian mindsight. I am the decider. No one else matters. Selection Committee, Head Coach, process doesn't matter. This is my fiefdom!

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A7%81%E0%A6%B2

Ajaira!
Old March 15, 2017, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I wonder why then he setup a whole friggin committee, messed up the whole selection system if he is making all the decision? It couldve been just him! When making the new layer based selection system he said he has to interfere in a lot of decision which he doesnt like so thats why he is changing the selection process.......... And now he comes out like a boss saying Oh its me who makes the calls... Bit contradictory no?

Not saying i have an issue with him interfering... he usually does scare the players into performing and he does make some good calls. But then why be a total double faced about it? And yea its a typical desi mindsight like Razab da said. Just wants the paparazzi
Old March 15, 2017, 11:32 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Nazmul Hassan taking cues from the Donald it seems. You want to send a warning to the players then freakin call them into a room and warn them. Don't talk to the media in the middle of the series like an idiot just when we are having the upper hand in a test match.
Old March 16, 2017, 12:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

In the middle of an ongoing match? Oh yeah. We badly needed this.

Shalar chapabaji shobab r gelo na.. Typical banglali shobab.

Changed the selection committee because he doesn't want to interfere anymore but apparently still he is taking all the decision. Worse of it is he is now boasting about it.

Chagoler 4 no baccha.
Old March 16, 2017, 03:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
In the middle of an ongoing match? Oh yeah. We badly needed this.

Shalar chapabaji shobab r gelo na.. Typical banglali shobab.

Changed the selection committee because he doesn't want to interfere anymore but apparently still he is taking all the decision. Worse of it is he is now boasting about it.

Chagoler 4 no baccha.
1,2,3,5,ar 6 no baccha bhishon, maney bhishon mind korsey.
Old March 16, 2017, 03:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinan
According to PA he wanted to drop Mushfiq for Colombo test.
They have a knack of creating controversy out of nothing. The last paragraph shows how colorfully they write.
Old March 16, 2017, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

So senior players in test team: Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiqur, Mahmadullah (done), Kayes. What about junior players?
Old March 16, 2017, 04:12 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
They have a knack of creating controversy out of nothing. The last paragraph shows how colorfully they write.
Thank You!

They (Utpol Shuvro & Co.) are just awful, outright garbage most of the time.

Many members fail to see that unfortunately. I've hundreds of examples of their "colorful writeup" but whatever PA writes is like holy words to some - what PA exactly wants to do in a very subtle way!
Old March 16, 2017, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

You could see this argument in many different ways. Recently press have been going after Hathurusingha, saying he is given excessive powers. So maybe Papon here is clearing the air a bit here.

Obviously timing, mode may not be correct. But something the iron fist also works with Bangladeshi players. With IPL, CPL etc coming up, PSL just over-who knows maybe players are not focused.