facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 3, 2009, 06:03 AM
Test Cricketer

I gave up man! Every single match KKR plays i check the squad to see if Mash there... this is very sad and frustrating and I can’t go like this anymore.. I’ve decided I’m going to boycott KKR and won’t watch their matches... what do you guys think?
Old May 3, 2009, 06:07 AM
Test Cricketer

can someone confirm this I heard if you don't play a single match you will only get 10% of the whole sum
Old May 3, 2009, 06:12 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_club
can someone confirm this I heard if you don't play a single match you will only get 10% of the whole sum
You have heard it wrong. Availability is the issue here, nothing else.
Old May 3, 2009, 06:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

i really don't see how buchanan could have been considered a good coach - a coach who doesn't change his tactics after losing 7 matches in a row and can only muster up 1 win, has something seriously wrong with his head!
Old May 3, 2009, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
i really don't see how buchanan could have been considered a good coach - a coach who doesn't change his tactics after losing 7 matches in a row and can only muster up 1 win, has something seriously wrong with his head!
may be he simply doesn't have one !
that would explain many things.
Old May 3, 2009, 09:36 AM
Test Cricketer

and the Kolkata Retards lose another match!
Old May 3, 2009, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

hate this KKR team.
Old May 3, 2009, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Well the bright side is that mortaza should play the next match cause gayle is finished with his IPL journey ... if not then BUKA NANA is a fag and dosent even know cricket himself -_-
Old May 3, 2009, 11:35 AM
Test Cricketer

i guess the bright side is that we are less likely to injure Mortaza - thats more than what we can say for Flintoff
Old May 3, 2009, 05:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricInfo

John Buchanon, who has gone from most successful coach to master of obfuscation during the course of his KKR tenure, spoke of his disappointment at the IPL rules that restrict teams to four foreign players a game. Excuse us? Obviously, this doesn't affect other teams. After all, Bangalore always intended to keep Dale Steyn on the bench, as did Delhi with Glenn McGrath.
Charl Langeveldt, Mashrafe Mortaza and Ajantha Mendis continue to ride the pine for the Knight Riders, with Buchanan speaking of a "batting strategy" that makes it hard for international bowlers to get a game. By the time they do get the call, the Knight Riders' season could be over, and all they'll be left with is jargon that wouldn't fool a five-year-old. At least Ishant showed some kwaai. His team-mates could do with a transfusion of it.
How true! Boka Nana will never be Chhalak Nana.
Old May 3, 2009, 05:33 PM
Cricket Legend

According to Bhookha Naan, Mashrafe is working the hardest behind the scenes. Well give him a ******* match then you idiot!!
Old May 3, 2009, 05:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
According to Bhookha Naan, Mashrafe is working the hardest behind the scenes. Well give him a ******* match then you idiot!!
Where did you read that?
Old May 3, 2009, 06:14 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

The JOY, The PURE unadulterated joy of watching KKR lose 6 out of their 8 games without Masri beats any other. 1 win, that's all this idots have to show for themselves. I've never liked SRK (bad actor, over actor) and this makes it even more joyful for me. The best thing that could happen right now is for Masri to get his shot and UNLEASH his wrath (for being benched all this time) on his opponents. If nothing, a real team will take him away from KKR.
Old May 3, 2009, 06:39 PM
Test Cricketer

if they'd taken Mash from the begining he would have been in the top 5 bowler's list.. it's a shame and I'm truly glad KKR made it to the bottom of the table... that says it all
Old May 3, 2009, 09:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_club
I gave up man! Every single match KKR plays i check the squad to see if Mash there... this is very sad and frustrating and I can’t go like this anymore.. I’ve decided I’m going to boycott KKR and won’t watch their matches... what do you guys think?

Man you too late, I stopped a long time ago............ I have a feeling that mash will play only one game and will be man of the match
Old May 3, 2009, 09:50 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I simply refuse to watch any IPL match unless a Bangladeshi is playing, who cares about some local tournament of India anyways, unless we have some vested interest in it.

So far I have not watched a single game.

GO ICL!!!
Old May 3, 2009, 10:10 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Cricinfo was kind enough to post my rant.

http://content.cricinfo.com/magazine...ry/402641.html
Old May 3, 2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Cricinfo was kind enough to post my rant.

http://content.cricinfo.com/magazine...ry/402641.html

Curse of Mortaza has befell upon KKR. It's scurrilous why on earth spending 600 grand on one of top ten ICC bowlers, he is being made to warm benches. Remember how last year Akhtar single handedly turned one of KKR's game around by taking 3 wickets is a testament that IPL is far from being a batsman's cup of panax ginseng tea. Where was I? Oh yeah....until this man is given a chance - who can I must point out pwn any teammates in one-handed pushup- KKR will continue to suffer this doom... It's risible and down right outrageous how unknown guys like Henrique gets the nod over one of the most decent players in cricket. It's tantamount to nepotism (re:Buchanan playing his teammate)....(and yes you might have guessed from my rant that I am Bangladeshi but that doesnt change the scenario). So bring the knight in shining kevlar in....and for once, stop with the degouttant machination if you want the curse to end.
Posted by GopalBhar on May 03 2009, 23:18 PM GMT
Old May 4, 2009, 01:49 AM
BC Editorial Team

Good diatribe GB
Old May 4, 2009, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Where did you read that?
NDTV news channel. They did a feature on the Top 5 benchwarmers this season and Mash was 5th.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Bored with life on the sidelines, Mortaza remains positive

Rakesh Ahuja

PORT ELIZABETH: His was one of the most high-profile bids during the second auction of DLF Indian Premier League in Goa. The tussle between Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders to get him on their rolls was a highlight. And after a 20-minute tussle, the longest for any player in the auction, he was taken by Knight Riders. Bangladesh became delirious, erupting in celebration as it welcomed Mashrafe Mortaza as one of its richest.

That was February. Cut to the present, Mortaza remains popular in Bangladesh. But there is a slight problem since he is yet to step on the field and justify his bidding price of $650,000. He has been travelling with the team but has not experienced the joy of being in the XI yet. To make things worse, the team has not been winning either.

Mortaza can do little except bowl in the training sessions and confesses that life on the sidelines is boring. "But I am looking forward to getting chances and doing well," Mortaza tells iplt20.com in an exclusive interview. "It has been difficult. But when I was signed up, I just wanted to bowl well and play well. I will keep working hard."

Mortaza has been inundated by calls from people back home who want to know when he would be seen in action. They can't wait to see him bowl in the DLF-IPL but he can only ask his fans and family to be patient.

The team management, on its part, cannot do much because with the batting struggling it is using up their quota of four overseas players in shoring that up. Sri Lanka's Ajantha Mendis has been the only overseas bowler who has played for Knight Riders so far.

Mortaza understands team management's predicament and backs it completely. "Whenever I speak to the team management, they speak positive things. It is tough because you have 10 overseas players and a team can pick only four. They have a tough job," he says.

Mortaza is hoping that the team's wretched run - it has won just one of the eight games - will end soon. He believes it is just a matter of one win for things to change. "All the guys are disappointed. I am a KKR player and I am too. We have to remain positive. It also depends on luck. Luck is not favouring our side."

It is indeed a tough phase for Mortaza and Knight Riders but he does not want to dwell much about it. His Bangladesh captain Mohammed Ashraful is also not playing currently. "We talk to each other," he says. "But there are other guys also who are not playing. As I said only four overseas players can be in the XI. But I leave everything to the management. I am not worried about that. I am not thinking about it. I have to show what I can do and I will do that."

Till he gets a chance, Mortaza is enjoying the company of his teammates and spends a lot of time watching other matches, especially the quick bowlers. "My favourite is Lasith Malinga because he is capable of such wonderful performances."

http://www.iplt20.com/Bored-with-lif...positive.shtml
Old May 4, 2009, 10:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
rakesh ahuja

port elizabeth: his was one of the most high-profile bids during the second auction of dlf indian premier league in goa. The tussle between kings xi punjab and kolkata knight riders to get him on their rolls was a highlight. And after a 20-minute tussle, the longest for any player in the auction, he was taken by knight riders. Bangladesh became delirious, erupting in celebration as it welcomed mashrafe mortaza as one of its richest.

That was february. Cut to the present, mortaza remains popular in bangladesh. But there is a slight problem since he is yet to step on the field and justify his bidding price of $650,000. He has been travelling with the team but has not experienced the joy of being in the xi yet. To make things worse, the team has not been winning either.

Mortaza can do little except bowl in the training sessions and confesses that life on the sidelines is boring. "but i am looking forward to getting chances and doing well," mortaza tells iplt20.com in an exclusive interview. "it has been difficult. But when i was signed up, i just wanted to bowl well and play well. I will keep working hard."

mortaza has been inundated by calls from people back home who want to know when he would be seen in action. They can't wait to see him bowl in the dlf-ipl but he can only ask his fans and family to be patient.

the team management, on its part, cannot do much because with the batting struggling it is using up their quota of four overseas players in shoring that up. Sri lanka's ajantha mendis has been the only overseas bowler who has played for knight riders so far.

mortaza understands team management's predicament and backs it completely. "whenever i speak to the team management, they speak positive things. It is tough because you have 10 overseas players and a team can pick only four. They have a tough job," he says.

Mortaza is hoping that the team's wretched run - it has won just one of the eight games - will end soon. He believes it is just a matter of one win for things to change. "all the guys are disappointed. I am a kkr player and i am too. We have to remain positive. It also depends on luck. Luck is not favouring our side."

it is indeed a tough phase for mortaza and knight riders but he does not want to dwell much about it. His bangladesh captain mohammed ashraful is also not playing currently. "we talk to each other," he says. "but there are other guys also who are not playing. As i said only four overseas players can be in the xi. But i leave everything to the management. I am not worried about that. I am not thinking about it. I have to show what i can do and i will do that."

till he gets a chance, mortaza is enjoying the company of his teammates and spends a lot of time watching other matches, especially the quick bowlers. "my favourite is lasith malinga because he is capable of such wonderful performances."

http://www.iplt20.com/bored-with-lif...positive.shtml
তাইলে আর কি মাশরাফীর মুড়ি দিয়া পানি খাওয়া ছাড়া আর উপায় নাই।
Old May 4, 2009, 11:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

whoo!!! me and mortaza have something in common, that is to watch Lasith Malinga breaking toes!!! ..
Old May 4, 2009, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
Rakesh Ahuja

PORT ELIZABETH: His was one of the most high-profile bids during the second auction of DLF Indian Premier League in Goa. The tussle between Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders to get him on their rolls was a highlight. And after a 20-minute tussle, the longest for any player in the auction, he was taken by Knight Riders. Bangladesh became delirious, erupting in celebration as it welcomed Mashrafe Mortaza as one of its richest.

That was February. Cut to the present, Mortaza remains popular in Bangladesh. But there is a slight problem since he is yet to step on the field and justify his bidding price of $650,000. He has been travelling with the team but has not experienced the joy of being in the XI yet. To make things worse, the team has not been winning either.

Mortaza can do little except bowl in the training sessions and confesses that life on the sidelines is boring. "But I am looking forward to getting chances and doing well," Mortaza tells iplt20.com in an exclusive interview. "It has been difficult. But when I was signed up, I just wanted to bowl well and play well. I will keep working hard."

Mortaza has been inundated by calls from people back home who want to know when he would be seen in action. They can't wait to see him bowl in the DLF-IPL but he can only ask his fans and family to be patient.

The team management, on its part, cannot do much because with the batting struggling it is using up their quota of four overseas players in shoring that up. Sri Lanka's Ajantha Mendis has been the only overseas bowler who has played for Knight Riders so far.

Mortaza understands team management's predicament and backs it completely. "Whenever I speak to the team management, they speak positive things. It is tough because you have 10 overseas players and a team can pick only four. They have a tough job," he says.

Mortaza is hoping that the team's wretched run - it has won just one of the eight games - will end soon. He believes it is just a matter of one win for things to change. "All the guys are disappointed. I am a KKR player and I am too. We have to remain positive. It also depends on luck. Luck is not favouring our side."

It is indeed a tough phase for Mortaza and Knight Riders but he does not want to dwell much about it. His Bangladesh captain Mohammed Ashraful is also not playing currently. "We talk to each other," he says. "But there are other guys also who are not playing. As I said only four overseas players can be in the XI. But I leave everything to the management. I am not worried about that. I am not thinking about it. I have to show what I can do and I will do that."

Till he gets a chance, Mortaza is enjoying the company of his teammates and spends a lot of time watching other matches, especially the quick bowlers. "My favourite is Lasith Malinga because he is capable of such wonderful performances."

http://www.iplt20.com/Bored-with-lif...positive.shtml
aww... nice interview... i just wish he'd get a game already........

the only thing that gives me peace right now is the fact that kkr is playing horribly... they are currently the only team with absolutely no chane of going into the semis...

but since it won't make a difference anymore... why not let him play already??? their foreign batsman strategy doesn't seem to be working... why not try something new???
Old May 4, 2009, 12:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

This is just an appetiser for us, Bangladeshi fans.
SRK is pulling his connections to tell the world, aka, Bangladeshi and Kolkata fans that they wont play one of their highest paid player.

Read it and be satisfied that atleast his name came up on the news.

Dudher sadh ki ar ghole mite?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]