facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #276  
Old May 3, 2009, 06:03 AM
tiger_club's Avatar
tiger_club tiger_club is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 1,262

I gave up man! Every single match KKR plays i check the squad to see if Mash there... this is very sad and frustrating and I can’t go like this anymore.. I’ve decided I’m going to boycott KKR and won’t watch their matches... what do you guys think?
__________________
go tigers get' em boyz..
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old May 3, 2009, 06:07 AM
tiger_club's Avatar
tiger_club tiger_club is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 1,262

can someone confirm this I heard if you don't play a single match you will only get 10% of the whole sum
__________________
go tigers get' em boyz..
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old May 3, 2009, 06:12 AM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_club
can someone confirm this I heard if you don't play a single match you will only get 10% of the whole sum
You have heard it wrong. Availability is the issue here, nothing else.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old May 3, 2009, 06:59 AM
fais fais is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: UK
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,200

i really don't see how buchanan could have been considered a good coach - a coach who doesn't change his tactics after losing 7 matches in a row and can only muster up 1 win, has something seriously wrong with his head!
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old May 3, 2009, 08:29 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 2,765

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
i really don't see how buchanan could have been considered a good coach - a coach who doesn't change his tactics after losing 7 matches in a row and can only muster up 1 win, has something seriously wrong with his head!
may be he simply doesn't have one !
that would explain many things.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old May 3, 2009, 09:36 AM
fais fais is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: UK
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,200

and the Kolkata Retards lose another match!
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old May 3, 2009, 10:47 AM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

hate this KKR team.
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old May 3, 2009, 11:15 AM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 2,403

Well the bright side is that mortaza should play the next match cause gayle is finished with his IPL journey ... if not then BUKA NANA is a fag and dosent even know cricket himself -_-
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old May 3, 2009, 11:35 AM
fais fais is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2004
Location: UK
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 1,200

i guess the bright side is that we are less likely to injure Mortaza - thats more than what we can say for Flintoff
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old May 3, 2009, 05:22 PM
LateCut's Avatar
LateCut LateCut is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 4, 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricInfo

John Buchanon, who has gone from most successful coach to master of obfuscation during the course of his KKR tenure, spoke of his disappointment at the IPL rules that restrict teams to four foreign players a game. Excuse us? Obviously, this doesn't affect other teams. After all, Bangalore always intended to keep Dale Steyn on the bench, as did Delhi with Glenn McGrath.
.......
Charl Langeveldt, Mashrafe Mortaza and Ajantha Mendis continue to ride the pine for the Knight Riders, with Buchanan speaking of a "batting strategy" that makes it hard for international bowlers to get a game. By the time they do get the call, the Knight Riders' season could be over, and all they'll be left with is jargon that wouldn't fool a five-year-old. At least Ishant showed some kwaai. His team-mates could do with a transfusion of it.
How true! Boka Nana will never be Chhalak Nana.
__________________
"....no victory or loss is final. They will compete again tomorrow and there will be another shot at redemption." Sambit Bal
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old May 3, 2009, 05:33 PM
bdchamp20 bdchamp20 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 8, 2007
Posts: 3,921

According to Bhookha Naan, Mashrafe is working the hardest behind the scenes. Well give him a ******* match then you idiot!!
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old May 3, 2009, 05:42 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,706

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
According to Bhookha Naan, Mashrafe is working the hardest behind the scenes. Well give him a ******* match then you idiot!!
Where did you read that?
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old May 3, 2009, 06:14 PM
Tehsin Tehsin is offline
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Posts: 9,471

The JOY, The PURE unadulterated joy of watching KKR lose 6 out of their 8 games without Masri beats any other. 1 win, that's all this idots have to show for themselves. I've never liked SRK (bad actor, over actor) and this makes it even more joyful for me. The best thing that could happen right now is for Masri to get his shot and UNLEASH his wrath (for being benched all this time) on his opponents. If nothing, a real team will take him away from KKR.
__________________
Bangladesh - World Champions - World Cup 20**
বাংলাদেশ - বিশ্ব চাম্পিয়ন - বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট ২০**
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old May 3, 2009, 06:39 PM
tiger_club's Avatar
tiger_club tiger_club is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 18, 2007
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 1,262

if they'd taken Mash from the begining he would have been in the top 5 bowler's list.. it's a shame and I'm truly glad KKR made it to the bottom of the table... that says it all
__________________
go tigers get' em boyz..
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old May 3, 2009, 09:18 PM
bdpride04's Avatar
bdpride04 bdpride04 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 19, 2008
Location: detroit
Favorite Player: Tendulkar
Posts: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_club
I gave up man! Every single match KKR plays i check the squad to see if Mash there... this is very sad and frustrating and I can’t go like this anymore.. I’ve decided I’m going to boycott KKR and won’t watch their matches... what do you guys think?

Man you too late, I stopped a long time ago............ I have a feeling that mash will play only one game and will be man of the match
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old May 3, 2009, 09:50 PM
Mahmood's Avatar
Mahmood Mahmood is offline
Administrator
Operations & Administrations
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: Montreal, Canada
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 7,772

I simply refuse to watch any IPL match unless a Bangladeshi is playing, who cares about some local tournament of India anyways, unless we have some vested interest in it.

So far I have not watched a single game.

GO ICL!!!
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old May 3, 2009, 10:10 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,574

Cricinfo was kind enough to post my rant.

http://content.cricinfo.com/magazine...ry/402641.html
__________________
Life got me meditating like I'm in the Himalayas
Keep it G with the L lit on me like the elevator
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old May 3, 2009, 11:58 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Cricinfo was kind enough to post my rant.


http://content.cricinfo.com/magazine...ry/402641.html


Curse of Mortaza has befell upon KKR. It's scurrilous why on earth spending 600 grand on one of top ten ICC bowlers, he is being made to warm benches. Remember how last year Akhtar single handedly turned one of KKR's game around by taking 3 wickets is a testament that IPL is far from being a batsman's cup of panax ginseng tea. Where was I? Oh yeah....until this man is given a chance - who can I must point out pwn any teammates in one-handed pushup- KKR will continue to suffer this doom... It's risible and down right outrageous how unknown guys like Henrique gets the nod over one of the most decent players in cricket. It's tantamount to nepotism (re:Buchanan playing his teammate)....(and yes you might have guessed from my rant that I am Bangladeshi but that doesnt change the scenario). So bring the knight in shining kevlar in....and for once, stop with the degouttant machination if you want the curse to end.
Posted by GopalBhar on May 03 2009, 23:18 PM GMT
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old May 4, 2009, 01:49 AM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 10,131

Good diatribe GB
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old May 4, 2009, 05:15 AM
bdchamp20 bdchamp20 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 8, 2007
Posts: 3,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Where did you read that?
NDTV news channel. They did a feature on the Top 5 benchwarmers this season and Mash was 5th.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old May 4, 2009, 10:18 AM
incredible incredible is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 4, 2005
Posts: 135
Default Bored with life on the sidelines, Mortaza remains positive

Rakesh Ahuja

PORT ELIZABETH: His was one of the most high-profile bids during the second auction of DLF Indian Premier League in Goa. The tussle between Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders to get him on their rolls was a highlight. And after a 20-minute tussle, the longest for any player in the auction, he was taken by Knight Riders. Bangladesh became delirious, erupting in celebration as it welcomed Mashrafe Mortaza as one of its richest.

That was February. Cut to the present, Mortaza remains popular in Bangladesh. But there is a slight problem since he is yet to step on the field and justify his bidding price of $650,000. He has been travelling with the team but has not experienced the joy of being in the XI yet. To make things worse, the team has not been winning either.

Mortaza can do little except bowl in the training sessions and confesses that life on the sidelines is boring. "But I am looking forward to getting chances and doing well," Mortaza tells iplt20.com in an exclusive interview. "It has been difficult. But when I was signed up, I just wanted to bowl well and play well. I will keep working hard."

Mortaza has been inundated by calls from people back home who want to know when he would be seen in action. They can't wait to see him bowl in the DLF-IPL but he can only ask his fans and family to be patient.

The team management, on its part, cannot do much because with the batting struggling it is using up their quota of four overseas players in shoring that up. Sri Lanka's Ajantha Mendis has been the only overseas bowler who has played for Knight Riders so far.

Mortaza understands team management's predicament and backs it completely. "Whenever I speak to the team management, they speak positive things. It is tough because you have 10 overseas players and a team can pick only four. They have a tough job," he says.

Mortaza is hoping that the team's wretched run - it has won just one of the eight games - will end soon. He believes it is just a matter of one win for things to change. "All the guys are disappointed. I am a KKR player and I am too. We have to remain positive. It also depends on luck. Luck is not favouring our side."

It is indeed a tough phase for Mortaza and Knight Riders but he does not want to dwell much about it. His Bangladesh captain Mohammed Ashraful is also not playing currently. "We talk to each other," he says. "But there are other guys also who are not playing. As I said only four overseas players can be in the XI. But I leave everything to the management. I am not worried about that. I am not thinking about it. I have to show what I can do and I will do that."

Till he gets a chance, Mortaza is enjoying the company of his teammates and spends a lot of time watching other matches, especially the quick bowlers. "My favourite is Lasith Malinga because he is capable of such wonderful performances."


http://www.iplt20.com/Bored-with-lif...positive.shtml
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old May 4, 2009, 10:31 AM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,848

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
rakesh ahuja

port elizabeth: his was one of the most high-profile bids during the second auction of dlf indian premier league in goa. The tussle between kings xi punjab and kolkata knight riders to get him on their rolls was a highlight. And after a 20-minute tussle, the longest for any player in the auction, he was taken by knight riders. Bangladesh became delirious, erupting in celebration as it welcomed mashrafe mortaza as one of its richest.

That was february. Cut to the present, mortaza remains popular in bangladesh. But there is a slight problem since he is yet to step on the field and justify his bidding price of $650,000. He has been travelling with the team but has not experienced the joy of being in the xi yet. To make things worse, the team has not been winning either.

Mortaza can do little except bowl in the training sessions and confesses that life on the sidelines is boring. "but i am looking forward to getting chances and doing well," mortaza tells iplt20.com in an exclusive interview. "it has been difficult. But when i was signed up, i just wanted to bowl well and play well. I will keep working hard."

mortaza has been inundated by calls from people back home who want to know when he would be seen in action. They can't wait to see him bowl in the dlf-ipl but he can only ask his fans and family to be patient.

the team management, on its part, cannot do much because with the batting struggling it is using up their quota of four overseas players in shoring that up. Sri lanka's ajantha mendis has been the only overseas bowler who has played for knight riders so far.

mortaza understands team management's predicament and backs it completely. "whenever i speak to the team management, they speak positive things. It is tough because you have 10 overseas players and a team can pick only four. They have a tough job," he says.

Mortaza is hoping that the team's wretched run - it has won just one of the eight games - will end soon. He believes it is just a matter of one win for things to change. "all the guys are disappointed. I am a kkr player and i am too. We have to remain positive. It also depends on luck. Luck is not favouring our side."

it is indeed a tough phase for mortaza and knight riders but he does not want to dwell much about it. His bangladesh captain mohammed ashraful is also not playing currently. "we talk to each other," he says. "but there are other guys also who are not playing. As i said only four overseas players can be in the xi. But i leave everything to the management. I am not worried about that. I am not thinking about it. I have to show what i can do and i will do that."

till he gets a chance, mortaza is enjoying the company of his teammates and spends a lot of time watching other matches, especially the quick bowlers. "my favourite is lasith malinga because he is capable of such wonderful performances."


http://www.iplt20.com/bored-with-lif...positive.shtml
তাইলে আর কি মাশরাফীর মুড়ি দিয়া পানি খাওয়া ছাড়া আর উপায় নাই।
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old May 4, 2009, 11:32 AM
rashed411 rashed411 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 8, 2008
Location: Sylhet
Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,744

whoo!!! me and mortaza have something in common, that is to watch Lasith Malinga breaking toes!!! ..
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old May 4, 2009, 12:45 PM
crikfreak's Avatar
crikfreak crikfreak is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2008
Location: Sharjah, UAE
Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA
Posts: 2,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
Rakesh Ahuja

PORT ELIZABETH: His was one of the most high-profile bids during the second auction of DLF Indian Premier League in Goa. The tussle between Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders to get him on their rolls was a highlight. And after a 20-minute tussle, the longest for any player in the auction, he was taken by Knight Riders. Bangladesh became delirious, erupting in celebration as it welcomed Mashrafe Mortaza as one of its richest.

That was February. Cut to the present, Mortaza remains popular in Bangladesh. But there is a slight problem since he is yet to step on the field and justify his bidding price of $650,000. He has been travelling with the team but has not experienced the joy of being in the XI yet. To make things worse, the team has not been winning either.

Mortaza can do little except bowl in the training sessions and confesses that life on the sidelines is boring. "But I am looking forward to getting chances and doing well," Mortaza tells iplt20.com in an exclusive interview. "It has been difficult. But when I was signed up, I just wanted to bowl well and play well. I will keep working hard."

Mortaza has been inundated by calls from people back home who want to know when he would be seen in action. They can't wait to see him bowl in the DLF-IPL but he can only ask his fans and family to be patient.

The team management, on its part, cannot do much because with the batting struggling it is using up their quota of four overseas players in shoring that up. Sri Lanka's Ajantha Mendis has been the only overseas bowler who has played for Knight Riders so far.

Mortaza understands team management's predicament and backs it completely. "Whenever I speak to the team management, they speak positive things. It is tough because you have 10 overseas players and a team can pick only four. They have a tough job," he says.

Mortaza is hoping that the team's wretched run - it has won just one of the eight games - will end soon. He believes it is just a matter of one win for things to change. "All the guys are disappointed. I am a KKR player and I am too. We have to remain positive. It also depends on luck. Luck is not favouring our side."

It is indeed a tough phase for Mortaza and Knight Riders but he does not want to dwell much about it. His Bangladesh captain Mohammed Ashraful is also not playing currently. "We talk to each other," he says. "But there are other guys also who are not playing. As I said only four overseas players can be in the XI. But I leave everything to the management. I am not worried about that. I am not thinking about it. I have to show what I can do and I will do that."

Till he gets a chance, Mortaza is enjoying the company of his teammates and spends a lot of time watching other matches, especially the quick bowlers. "My favourite is Lasith Malinga because he is capable of such wonderful performances."


http://www.iplt20.com/Bored-with-lif...positive.shtml
aww... nice interview... i just wish he'd get a game already........

the only thing that gives me peace right now is the fact that kkr is playing horribly... they are currently the only team with absolutely no chane of going into the semis...

but since it won't make a difference anymore... why not let him play already??? their foreign batsman strategy doesn't seem to be working... why not try something new???
__________________
EAST OR WEST..... MASHRAFE IS THE BEST!!!
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old May 4, 2009, 12:59 PM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,479

This is just an appetiser for us, Bangladeshi fans.
SRK is pulling his connections to tell the world, aka, Bangladeshi and Kolkata fans that they wont play one of their highest paid player.

Read it and be satisfied that atleast his name came up on the news.

Dudher sadh ki ar ghole mite?
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket