facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 6, 2009, 08:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

shala KKR coach will get fired soon, 4 captains, ganguly out, mash not in........... wtf is that all about,
Old May 7, 2009, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
This fake Ipl guy is a sure fan of Mash.
Or he took notice of our interest on Mash and wants to increase his blog's page hits.
Old May 10, 2009, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Or he took notice of our interest on Mash and wants to increase his blog's page hits.
either way.... whatever he says is true..... what he says about mash and the team is true.....whether he really is an ipl player or not is a diffrenet thing....

Last edited by crikfreak; May 10, 2009 at 01:20 PM..
Old May 10, 2009, 06:14 PM
Cricket Legend

What is up with moise henrique or wtv his name is ... he has been flooping since the begening of ipl and still playing like nothing happend... honestly its not about mortaza anymore ... the coach is a damn idiot and dosent know what he is doing ... MY GOD!!!
Old May 10, 2009, 08:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
What is up with moise henrique or wtv his name is ... he has been flooping since the begening of ipl and still playing like nothing happend... honestly its not about mortaza anymore ... the coach is a damn idiot and dosent know what he is doing ... MY GOD!!!
it is not that the coach is dumb, he just doesn't like mashrafee, or to be clear no bengali player in the XI mash if you play next year change your team
Old May 10, 2009, 08:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpride04
it is not that the coach is dumb, he just doesn't like mashrafee, or to be clear no bengali player in the XI mash if you play next year change your team
I have been thinking along the same line as bdpride04 bhai...it very much seems that way! If it is true what bdpride04 bhai and I think then it is sickening and aweful hateful of a coach of a team that has the name Calcutta and Bengal associated with it!
KKR, the ignorant stupid owner/management for not having the basic fundamental balls to prevent/control the downfall of an institution - what a disgrace!

Last edited by bujhee kom; May 11, 2009 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: Buchanan is probably just plain stupid
Old May 10, 2009, 09:01 PM
Test Cricketer

I have this nagging thing going on my head. I think in the fine prints of the contract there is a (oclause which states that a player not chosen for any game (or x number of games) will need not qualify to receive full payment as stipulated elsewhere in the contract. It is entirely plausible that there is minimum game rider somewhere in the contract. Mash should read it carefully and if there is one he should simply come home and practice with rest of his teammates.

Last edited by LateCut; May 11, 2009 at 12:47 PM..
Old May 10, 2009, 09:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Hi, I am a new member. Just found this article on this KKR issue and wanted to share. The author seemed damn angry with this KKR management .
http://www.crickettomorrow.com/site/...id=1608&lang=1
Old May 10, 2009, 09:59 PM
Test Cricketer

$600k should make him automatic choice.. I can understand KKR lacking quality IND batsmen, Mash is an all-rounder unlike Mendis… and what’s with Henrique? Buchanan thinks he is better than Mash. I just can’t wait to see this coach quit or get sacked… Buchanan was the most successful coach in history with a winning record of 70% in both test and ODI… how about now? and how about SRK the most successful film star in Bollywood? he is surely in misery.. kkr is just full of fame with an empty basket..

Last edited by tiger_club; May 10, 2009 at 10:50 PM..
Old May 10, 2009, 11:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Alright, let's turn down the level of silliness here. Do any of you accusing Buchanan of 'racism' have any proof? Why for God's sake would he give a crap whether a player was from Bengal or not? He is not even from the Sub-continent, he probably doesn't know a Bengali from Bihari.

The next person to bring up race or racism will have his/her post deleted. If this person persists then they will be recommended for a banning.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:25 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
Alright, let's turn down the level of silliness here. Do any of you accusing Buchanan of 'racism' have any proof? Why for God's sake would he give a crap whether a player was from Bengal or not? He is not even from the Sub-continent, he probably doesn't know a Bengali from Bihari.

The next person to bring up race or racism will have his/her post deleted. If this person persists then they will be recommended for a banning.
Most of the times I don't meddle or interfere in mod's business and I haven't read the whole thread to figure out what kind of posts have transpired for your post, but don't you think to interject someone's freedom of speech, no matter how ludicrous it is, as long as it's not offensive, to recommend it for deletion or the person to be banned is going wayy over the top? I completely understand that as a mod you are concerend about the image the website portrays, but if someone writes a post where he defends with argument and logic of Buchanan being racist, then it is very Naziesque of nature to shut him down for exhibiting his free speech. And even if the person is of total turd and does not uses backup for his argument that Buchanan is racist, to shut him down for it is still, in my opinion, very unjust.

After all, a forum, and I am sure Peace would back me up on this, serves as a platform for debate and sometimes even if a person asks, states or raises dumb or illogical question, as long as it is not offensive, he should be able to give a democratic green light and let others debate against him for his viewpoints.

Thanks.

GB
Old May 10, 2009, 11:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar

Most of the times I don't meddle or interfere in mod's business and I haven't read the whole thread to figure out what kind of posts have transpired for your post, but don't you think to interject someone's freedom of speech, no matter how ludicrous it is, as long as it's not offensive, to recommend it for deletion or the person to be banned is going wayy over the top? I completely understand that as a mod you are concerend about the image the website portrays, but if someone writes a post where he defends with argument and logic of Buchanan being racist, then it is very Naziesque of nature to shut him down for exhibiting his free speech. And even if the person is of total turd and does not uses backup for his argument that Buchanan is racist, to shut him down for it is still, in my opinion, very unjust.

After all, a forum, and I am sure Peace would back me up on this, serves as a platform for debate and sometimes even if a person asks, states or raises dumb or illogical question, as long as it is not offensive, he should be able to give a democratic green light and let others debate against him for his viewpoints.

Thanks.

GB

ditto
Old May 10, 2009, 11:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Thanks.

GB

i am totally agree with you, well if that coach wasn't racist then tell me why mash is still on the bench? why not at least try him for one game to see if $600K was worth it? you are losing games after games because of weakness in the bowling department, why not try that person who seems to be the 7th best ODI bowler in the recent past ranking? Why not at least give him a go................. why after why too many why's in this list and still you telling me that coach has a brain........ he was a coach of a team that didn't need a coach, and what does that coach has 11 co-staff, look at rajistan royal they don't even have one and where they stand in the point table........ among top 4. if i were mash i would've poped the question by now...... am i in the team? if not i would like to go back home with my dignity. i would've left by now. everything has limit, itz not that they winning every games, ohh hell i am talking about KKR..........
Old May 10, 2009, 11:57 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Well, I do not know if Buchanan is racist. There is no proof of him being a racist. But at the same time there is not a proof that he is not a racist. And, in my post, all I tried to convey was if someone insinuates the suggestion then it'd be very Draconian to seal his lips.
Old May 11, 2009, 12:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Well, I do not know if Buchanan is racist. There is no proof of him being a racist. But at the same time there is not a proof that he is not a racist. And, in my post, all I tried to convey was if someone insinuates the suggestion then it'd be very Draconian to seal his lips.
idk how to put this but to be simple, lets say that i bought a car for $600K. do you think that i would but put it in the garage not drive it? come on now i wouldn't mind if they bought him for base price at $75K like mumbai did to ash. i would thought they will have him at a back up just in case.......... but hell bought him for $600K wtf was that all about, i really hope he comes back home and take all the anger out on india when they face each other in T20 world cup
Old May 11, 2009, 01:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

আমার মনে হয় মাশরাফী সর্বোচ্চ একটা ম্যাচে চান্স পেতে পারে। অনেকে বলছেন আইপিএলকে ইন্ডিয়ান পেইন লীগ, নামকরন আমার কাছে যথার্থই মনে হচ্ছে।
Old May 11, 2009, 03:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

Quote:
idk how to put this but to be simple, lets say that i bought a car for $600K. do you think that i would but put it in the garage not drive it?
I would NOT drive it. Most cars that ARE 600k or more sit in pretty museums where they are waxed and maintained on a daily basis. The owner probably takes it out a few times but never makes full use of it. Why? Because it gains value over time. Its a classic piece and u dont spoil a classic car.

back to Mashrafe: Its good he is not used. It keeps the enigma of the 600K man...If he played 7 games, did good at 3, bad at 4....the jazz surrounding him would go away.

Everyone still believes he is the one to save KKR....that is, if he ever takes the field. Let that story continue on.....

N who cares if he doesnt play? He still gets paid bank and he still got his fans...plus he got the great question...what if? what if mashrafe plays?
Old May 11, 2009, 05:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
i am totally agree with you, well if that coach wasn't racist then tell me why mash is still on the bench? why not at least try him for one game to see if $600K was worth it? you are losing games after games because of weakness in the bowling department, why not try that person who seems to be the 7th best ODI bowler in the recent past ranking? Why not at least give him a go................. why after why too many why's in this list and still you telling me that coach has a brain........ he was a coach of a team that didn't need a coach, and what does that coach has 11 co-staff, look at rajistan royal they don't even have one and where they stand in the point table........ among top 4. if i were mash i would've poped the question by now...... am i in the team? if not i would like to go back home with my dignity. i would've left by now. everything has limit, itz not that they winning every games, ohh hell i am talking about KKR..........
why on earth would mash come back home...don't play him who cares - 600K sitting and doing nothing...wat a job - only if more of us could have jobs like that!
Old May 11, 2009, 05:29 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
i am totally agree with you, well if that coach wasn't racist then tell me why mash is still on the bench?
Hanlon's razor : "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

What we need now to complete Buchanan's misery is for Mashrafe and/or Mendis to play a couple of matches and turn match-winning performances in them.
Old May 11, 2009, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Buchanon is a mess. FULL STOP
Old May 11, 2009, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholCholBD
N who cares if he doesnt play? He still gets paid bank and he still got his fans...plus he got the great question...what if? what if mashrafe plays?
Is he really getting paid but? I get the feeling that they will bench him for remaining game and not pay him a cent because they never used him.

I didn't follow Mashrafe so much so dunno the detail surrounding his contract but makes absolutely no sense not to use the 600k man even when the team has no chance to make it to next round and the team has nothing to lose.
Old May 11, 2009, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Aussies normally think low of BD players. I remember one of those time they came to play here Dennis Lilee was lambasting why we got test status and Ponting and his team were talking how they will make a mince meat out of the team.

So same mentality I guess.
Old May 11, 2009, 06:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
I didn't follow Mashrafe so much so dunno the detail surrounding his contract but makes absolutely no sense not to use the 600k man even when the team has no chance to make it to next round and the team has nothing to lose.
According to PA, the contact is yet to be signed. The BCB lawyers gave the green signal, and Mashrafe has the contract paper with him, abut he is delaying the signing to know if other players are also not given the 20% of the match fee despite the availabilty to play match.
Old May 11, 2009, 09:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Thanks.

GB
You're not doing yourself any favours by making a Nazi analogy, that's usually the last gasp of someone losing an argument... I will agree with you that your points about 'freedom of expression' are quite valid, but the problem is, this is not a democratic society, this is an Internet Forum. There is no bill of rights, there is no freedom of speech, and there is no constitution. The job of the moderators is to make sure that this is a safe and friendly forum for all users, and if that means trampling on some people's 'freedom of expression' then so be it.

That said, if someone is able to provide consclusive proof to back up his/her claims about Buchanan being a racist then I welcome them to present it. But making idiotic statements about his character simply because he's not playing our favourite player is not enough. In that case the guidelines from my previous post will stand.
Old May 11, 2009, 09:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
Hanlon's razor : "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

What we need now to complete Buchanan's misery is for Mashrafe and/or Mendis to play a couple of matches and turn match-winning performances in them.
That's probably why Buchanan is too afraid to play him now. If Mash plays and does badly, people will blame Buchanan for experimenting. If he plays well, then people will say, 'why the hell didn't you play him sooner'?

No win scenario for Boka Nan.