facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2010, 04:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

তবে আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে আমি নিজেই নিজেকে চাপ দেব। এখানে ভালো খেলার তাড়না থাকে, দুর্ঘটনা ঘটলেও সেটা মেনে নেওয়া যায়।’

shabash bagher bachcha
Old February 24, 2010, 05:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

translation please
Old February 24, 2010, 05:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
translation please
Start doing Allah Allah and pray the out field dries up fast. May be we will see Mash in action. Else, no telling may be at Lords.
Old February 24, 2010, 05:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

so he's not gonna play the s2nd practice match?
Old February 24, 2010, 05:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

mash should seriously consider retiring from test so that he can prolong his odi and t20 career.
Old February 24, 2010, 06:12 PM
BC Editorial Team

We need him in the Test arena (health permitting) for a year or two more so that the Rubels can mature with some guidance.
Old February 24, 2010, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I really hope to see Mash back against the English, specially in ODI's, we could surely use his help.
Old February 24, 2010, 07:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

imo he shouldn't sit out the ENG series he should be part of the team so he can practice and get his old self back but not play in any of the games. One more injury and he could be done for good. he shouldn't push himself over the edge.
Old February 24, 2010, 07:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
We need him in the Test arena (health permitting) for a year or two more so that the Rubels can mature with some guidance.
He should retire from Tests and concentrate on ODIs only to stay free from injuries. We don't need him in Tests anyway.

Last edited by Murad; February 24, 2010 at 07:21 PM..
Old February 24, 2010, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

He has received the green light from his doctor , so what is wrong ???

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 24, 2010, 07:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita

he hasn't played cricket in 7-8 months. that's what's wrong.
Old February 24, 2010, 09:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita

his match fitness, shortness in match practice and form
Old February 25, 2010, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

So first spell
6-1-25-0.
second spell
2-0-23-0.

Speed wise he is not up there yet. Needs more time. So in my opinion, he should not be in the playing squad. The only good thing is he bowled all 8 overs.
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/in...&editionID=946
Old February 25, 2010, 10:06 AM
Cricket Sage

let him play............

even an unfit mashrafe will be better than some others. perhaps he will improve day by day.
Old February 25, 2010, 10:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
let him play............

even an unfit mashrafe will be better than some others. perhaps he will improve day by day.
emotion diya selection kora thik na. Best 11 must play and Mash is not 100%. Shafiul and Rubel are doing decent job in holding down the fort till he makes a full recovery. 80% Mash would be more suseptable to injury. You do not want that for the sake of our future (2011 WC). He can play at England when he fully recovers.
Old February 25, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Mashrafe flat on return

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=127857

WHERE AM I GOING WRONG? BCB XI's national pace spearhead Mashrafe Bin Mortaza talks to himself after being hit for another boundary during an expensive second spell in the second and final limited-overs warm-up match against England at the Fatullah Cricket Stadium yesterday.Photo: STAR

Quote:
The pitch that the game was played on yesterday was a green top, an ideal one to welcome him back. He started his spell pretty well maintaining a tight line and length, although he didn't bowl at a great speed for fear of losing his accuracy. His first spell of six overs read 6-1-25-0.

Mashrafe returned towards the fag end of the game for two more overs, when the English had already started hurrying to head back to their hotel. He got plenty of stick in those two overs conceding 23 more runs, 17 from his last over embellishing his figures to 8-1-48-0. He induced one opportunity from English skipper Alastair Cook, a caught and bowled chance that he let slip on the follow-through.

But the man whose career has been dogged by injuries was satisfied with his day's work, though he admitted things could have been much different had he grasped on to the catch of Cook.

"I am just happy to be back. It is great to get an opportunity be it a practice match against such a big side after missing out on so many days. If I get a recall, I will try to give my hundred per cent."

Mashrafe was not bothered at all about the speed or the lack thereof during the game.

"I did not bowl at a great speed. But that does not bother me. Most important thing is I bowled a good line and length which is what matters in one-day cricket. I think I bowled at 122-125ks today [Wednesday]. I am expecting to generate 10 more kilometres in the future."

Most importantly however, the mainstay of the Bangladesh bowling did not seem to be in any trouble.

"I have bowled a six-over spell today. I could have bowled eight on the trot if that was needed. I did not feel any pain on the follow-through."
Old February 25, 2010, 12:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
So first spell
6-1-25-0.
second spell
2-0-23-0.

Speed wise he is not up there yet. Needs more time. So in my opinion, he should not be in the playing squad. The only good thing is he bowled all 8 overs.
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/in...&editionID=946
Even before the injuries, his first spell was great, but in death overs he struggled. So not much has changed judging by this numbers. If he plays, I would like to see him not bowl more than five-six overs and hopefully a handy bat down the order for some lusty blows.
Old February 25, 2010, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Even before the injuries, his first spell was great, but in death overs he struggled. So not much has changed judging by this numbers. If he plays, I would like to see him not bowl more than five-six overs and hopefully a handy bat down the order for some lusty blows.
Yeah sounds good
Old February 25, 2010, 12:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Default Mortaza uncertain of Test future

Mortaza uncertain of Test future

Quote:
Mashrafe Mortaza, the most successful fast bowler in Bangladesh's Test history, believes that he too may be forced to follow the route chosen by the likes of Andrew Flintoff, Brett Lee and Shane Bond, and retire from Test cricket in order to preserve his injury-ravaged body for the shorter forms of the game.

After eight months on the sidelines, Mortaza has been named in a 13-man squad for the three one-dayers that get underway at Mirpur on Sunday, but he has already ruled himself out of contention for next month's Test series against England. He returned to competitive action for a Bangladesh Cricket Board XI in Fatullah on Thursday, his first appearance in national colours since breaking down during the tour of West Indies in July.

"It would be very hard to come back straightaway into Test cricket," Mortaza told Cricinfo. "It will take some time, and you can't make a decision on Test cricket just from playing in three one-dayers. In Test cricket you have to bowl 20-25 overs a day, and you have to be 100% at all times. It's always difficult and against England massively so. You first have to play some proper cricket, and I'll only be back when I feel good."

Mortaza, 26, has claimed 78 wickets in 36 Tests since 2001, and is second on Bangladesh's list of wicket-takers, behind the spinner Mohammad Rafique. He was one of his country's stand-out players on England's last tour in 2003, claiming four wickets in consecutive innings at Dhaka and Chittagong, but it was during the last rites of the series that he suffered one of the many knee injuries that has plagued his career ever since.

In total, Mortaza has undergone six knee reconstructions in the space of eight years, but his latest return to fitness followed arguably the most demoralising setback yet. In July 2009, he was handed the captaincy for Bangladesh's tour of the Caribbean to allow Mohammad Ashraful to concentrate on his batting. But he was able to bowl just 6.3 overs of their famous Test victory at Kingstown, his first match in charge, before collapsing in his followthrough on the second day of the game.

"It was tough when I got injured in that first Test," said Mortaza. "It was a very difficult moment for me to survive out there, but straightway afterwards I flew to Australia to have the situation explained by my doctor. It would have been a great honour to have led the side to victory, but you can't do anything when you get injured and the first priority has always been the team."

To that end, Mortaza has no interest in reclaiming the captaincy, especially given the manner in which Shakib has been leading from the front. "I'd like to give this opportunity to Shakib because he's doing well so far, and I'd like to play in his team," said Mortaza. "But also, I'm not playing both forms of cricket right now - I'm only looking to one-day cricket - and if I don't do both, then the captaincy and the relationship with the team is difficult."

Nevertheless, there's no denying Mortaza's enduring popularity. In an otherwise low-key contest at Fatullah, his reappearance was the highlight for an enthusiastic crowd, who reserved the loudest cheer of the day for the moment he walked out to bat with the BCB XI floundering on 76 for 6 in the 20th over. He soon departed for a third-ball duck, but he showed enough glimpses of form in his eight subsequent overs with the ball to suggest he's on the right track.

"To make a comeback after so long against international players is hard, but I felt good today," said Mortaza. "England are a very good team right now. They were playing good cricket in South Africa and against West Indies in England, and this is a great opportunity for me after injury to come back and play cricket. My pace is not yet at 100%, but my line and length is still there, so I was happy. I think I can get better than this, and hopefully I will."

The selectors saw enough in his performance at Fatullah to recall him to the one-day squad, even though his most recent limited-overs appearances came against Zimbabwe back in January 2009. He was given the all-clear on a recent visit to Melbourne by his surgeon, Dr David Young, following a double knee operation back in July, but his progress will have to be monitored carefully in a series as prominent as an England campaign.

But there is no realistic prospect of Mortaza appearing in the two Tests at Chittagong and Dhaka, and in the long-term, it could well be that his final five-day match was the one that got away from him at Kingstown. "I am not going to make a decision exactly now, but my only choice is to play one-day cricket and see how it's going," he said. "If everything is alright then I'll be back in Tests. But if not, I'll have to make a different decision."
Old February 25, 2010, 01:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe

wow looks like mashrafe has put on a belly with his 7month lay off
doesnt look match fit at all
but yeh, he should be included. he is much better than shahadat. much better
Old February 25, 2010, 01:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Holly COW..............he seems to have developed a police tummy.
Old February 25, 2010, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

আমি প্রস্তুত

প্রশ্ন : ৮ ওভারে ৪৮। রানটা একটু বেশি হয়ে গেল না?
মাশরাফি : তা ঠিক। এর চেয়ে কম হতে পারত। প্রথম স্পেলটা ঠিকই ছিল। দ্বিতীয় স্পেলে এসেই ওরা মরিয়া হয়ে গেল। শেষ ওভারে তো ১৭ রান তুলে নিল।

প্রশ্ন : কী মনে করছেন, আগের ছন্দ ফিরে এসেছে বোলিংয়ে?
মাশরাফি : পুরোপুরি তো অবশ্যই আসেনি। তবে আমি যেসব নিয়ে চিন্তায় ছিলাম তা কিন্তু ঠিকই ছিল। এই যেমন বোলিংয়ের সময় ল্যান্ডিংয়ের ফুট স্টেপ, লাইন এবং লেন্থ ঠিক রাখা_ এসবই ঠিকঠাক ছিল এই ম্যাচে। একটি উইকেট পেলে ভালো লাগত। কুকের রিটার্ন ক্যাচটা ধরতে পারলে তা হয়েও যেত।

প্রশ্ন : গতিটা মনে হয় আগের চেয়ে কিছুটা কমে গেছে।
মাশরাফি : যেহেতু এ মুুহূর্তে আমি ওয়ানডে ক্রিকেট নিয়ে ভাবছি, সেহেতু গতি বাড়ানোর চেয়ে বলের লাইন ধরে রাখাটাই প্রাধান্য দিয়েছি। আর সেটি করতে গিয়ে গতি কিছুটা কমেছে। তবে ম্যাচ খেলতে খেলতে এটা ঠিক হয়ে যাবে।

প্রশ্ন : গতি কি নিজের ইচ্ছাতেই কমিয়েছেন, নাকি এমনিতেই কমে গেছে।
মাশরাফি : ওই যে বললাম, লাইন ঠিক রাখতে গিয়ে গতি কিছুটা নিয়ন্ত্রণে এসেছে। তবে আমি আত্মবিশ্বাসী, ম্যাচ খেলার সঙ্গে সঙ্গে গতিও বেড়ে যাবে। এটা সময়ের ব্যাপার। এদিন বল করতে গিয়ে কোনো ব্যথা অনুভব করিনি। অস্ট্রেলিয়া থেকে ডাক্তার দেখিয়ে আসার পর ব্যথাটা আর নেই।

প্রশ্ন : ইংল্যান্ড সিরিজের জন্য কি তৈরি?
মাশরাফি : আজকের পর মনে হচ্ছে, আমি পারব রোববারের ম্যাচটি খেলতে। নিজের মন থেকেই সাড়া পাচ্ছি, আমি খেলতে পারব এই সিরিজে। গতিটা কম হচ্ছে বলে ফিল্ডিং সাজানো নিয়ে কিছুটা কাজ করতে হবে আমার।

প্রশ্ন : কিন্তু অধিনায়কত্ব ছেড়ে দিচ্ছেন যে?
মাশরাফি : ছেড়ে দেওয়া মানে আমি বোর্ডকে অনুরোধ করেছি, এ মুহূর্তে আমাকে অধিনায়ক না করার জন্য। যেহেতু টেস্ট এবং ওয়ানডে দু'ধরনের ক্রিকেট এ মুুহূর্তে আমি খেলতে পারছি না, সেহেতু শুধু শুধু অধিনায়কত্ব ধরে রেখে দলের ওপর চাপ বাড়াতে চাইনি। তাছাড়া আমি বিশ্বাস করি, সাকিব দলকে দারুণ নেতৃত্ব দিচ্ছেন।

প্রশ্ন : অধিনায়কত্বটা কি তাহলে বাড়তি চাপ?
মাশরাফি : চাপ নয়, অধিনায়কত্ব মানেই বড় একটা দায়িত্ব। মাঠে এবং মাঠের বাইরে একজন অধিনায়কের অনেক অনেক দায়িত্ব থাকে। যেহেতু আমি সবে ইনজুরি থেকে উঠে এসেছি, আমার মনে হয় অধিনায়কত্বের দায়িত্ব আমি পুরোপুরি পালন করতে পারব না। এই মুহূর্তে অধিনায়কত্ব নিয়ে আমার কোনো চিন্তাভাবনাই নেই। ভবিষ্যতে কখনও যদি বোর্ড মনে করে তাহলে অন্য ব্যাপার।

প্রশ্ন : আপনার দেখছি অধিনায়কত্বের মোহ একেবারেই নেই।
মাশরাফি : আমি আগেও বলেছি এখনও বলছি, দেশের হয়ে খেলাটাই আমার কাছে সবচেয়ে গর্বের ব্যাপার। আমি দলের একজন হয়ে খেলাটা সবসময়ই উপভোগ করি। এতবড় দেশের প্রতিনিধি হয়ে মাঠে নামাটা আমার কাছে অন্য সবকিছুর চেয়েই দামি।

প্রশ্ন : বোলিংয়ের মতো আপনার কথায়ও আত্মবিশ্বাস ফুটে উঠছে।
মাশরাফি : তা বলতে পারব না। তবে আমি এই প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচে শতভাগ দিতে পারিনি। যদি মার্কস দিতে বলেন তাহলে আমি আমাকে ৮০ থেকে ৯০ দেবো।

প্রশ্ন : বাকি মার্কসটা কি ইংল্যান্ড সিরিজের জন্যই উঠিয়ে রেখেছেন?
মাশরাফি : তা জানি না। তবে আমার বিশ্বাস, আমি সেরে উঠেছি পায়ের ব্যথা থেকে। এখন আমি আগের মতো খেলতে পারব। ধীরে ধীরে আগের অবস্থায় যেতে পারব।

http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.ph...b_no=261&type=
Old February 25, 2010, 03:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen

WHERE AM I GOING WRONG? BCB XI's national pace spearhead Mashrafe Bin Mortaza talks to himself after being hit for another boundary during an expensive second spell in the second and final limited-overs warm-up match against England at the Fatullah Cricket Stadium yesterday.Photo: STAR
Is this from yesterday's match? That belly is 6 month training and some before he can play fit. More injury will follow with that extra 10-20 lbs he is carrying.
Old February 25, 2010, 03:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Finally! The wait would be over, Inshallah.
The Return of the King.
All the best wishes for you Mash.
We all missed you so badly.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 25, 2010, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Here is another picture from yesterday. He has definitely gained weight.