facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 13, 2009, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone, hope you guys will have a great day with your loved ones.
Old February 13, 2009, 02:44 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Kata ghaye nuner chita!? Red arrows for you.

Last edited by Zeeshan; February 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM..
Old February 13, 2009, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Does anyone know where Valentines day came from? It came from Gujarat, and Cupid is Gujarati!!! Here's a real story.

Quote:
We know that men used to beat their wives. In Gujarat, once all women gathered up and decided that on every February 14th, they will beat their husbands. To do this, they decided to use the 'beluni', which Gujaratis pronounce as 'veilan'. They named this event the 'veilan time day'. As a result, the Gujarati husbands decided that to not get beaten up, they will buy their wives flowers and gifts on 'veilan time day'.

When the British came to India, they were fascinated with this veilan time day. They decided to take this tradition back...but given that they could not pronounce veilan time day, like many other things, they renamed it to 'Valentine day'.
Old February 13, 2009, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Valentine day my ..... I mean.... yea Happy Valentine day to all....

dhakay ajke shorkari chhuti naki?
Old February 13, 2009, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Soooo I'm going through a little bit of a Valentine's Day Dilemma.

See at our school, we are allowed to buy flowers for someone to be delivered on the day before Valentine's day since this year the special day is on a Saturday.

Now, there is this girl that I have a crush on. I'm not sure how she feels about me so I was a baby and didn't buy her anything. The thing is that she received an anonymous carnation from somebody and I found out from one of her friends that she thinks it was from me!!!

Sooo I'm not sure if I should tell her that I didn't give her the Carnation because if I do tell her,it will convey the message that I am not interested in her even though I really am interested.

What do I do?
Old February 13, 2009, 10:56 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249

See at our school, we are allowed to buy flowers for someone to be delivered on the day before Valentine's day since this year the special day is on a Saturday.

Now, there is this girl that I have a crush on. I'm not sure how she feels about me so I was a baby and didn't buy her anything. The thing is that she received an anonymous carnation from somebody and I found out from one of her friends that she thinks it was from me!!!

Sooo I'm not sure if I should tell her that I didn't give her the Carnation because if I do tell her,it will convey the message that I am not interested in her even though I really am interested.

What do I do?
Tell her you ordered a diamond pendant from Kevin Jewellers for her but because they were out of stock, instead they gave her a raincheck of carnation. She will be impressed even more, inoblivious to the double-whammy of surreptious lying.
Old February 13, 2009, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Here's a real story.
No doubt.
Old February 13, 2009, 11:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:

What do I do?
I thought you found your dream girl in Bangladesh last time you went there, no? I think you opened a thread about it too....if I'm not mistaken.. To ekhon ki oi valobasha sesh?? {{{{{if you are not the same person, then I'm sorry }}}}

Last edited by Murad; February 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM..
Old February 13, 2009, 11:35 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
I thought you found your dream girl in Bangladesh last time you went there, no? I think you opened a thread about it too....if I'm not mistaken.. To ekhon ki oi valobasha sesh?? {{{{{if you are not the same person, then I'm sorry }}}}
amgo romel miya is pimping big time
Old February 13, 2009, 11:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

I don't get the point of Valentine's day. If you love someone, shouldn't you show it everyday? :S
Meh! anyway, Happy Valentine's day to you all, have a lovely time with your loved ones.
Old February 13, 2009, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
I don't get the point of Valentine's day. If you love someone, shouldn't you show it everyday? :S
Meh! anyway, Happy Valentine's day to you all, have a lovely time with your loved ones.
Its all about the money. Drives sales .

But really... you should be showing it everyday.
Old February 13, 2009, 11:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
bacha polapan kisu bujhe nah...ektu rasta dekhaiya den
Old February 13, 2009, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
amgo romel miya is pimping big time
The boy has finally become a man. I'm proud of you, Romel.
Old February 14, 2009, 12:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Sorry you didn't open a thread but you did talk about it in the Beauty thread.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...49+love&page=2
Miya shomoi thakte valo hoiya jao
Old February 14, 2009, 02:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

What do I do?
send her a facebook valentines gift.

or better yet, save yourself 10 years and find a desi girl to mac on...no point in spitting game at goris, fool's gold i say...
Old February 14, 2009, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
I had the same question. But things do not work like that way.

I believe extra gift/attention give the person impression you thinking more about that person!
Old February 14, 2009, 12:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
I had the same question. But things do not work like that way.

I believe extra gift/attention give the person impression you thinking more about that person!
This happened with me...As I dont believe in this valentine day, I didnt wish her and now all the jogras Valentine shala more giya o shanti ditase na...
Old February 14, 2009, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
This happened with me...As I dont believe in this valentine day, I didnt wish her and now all the jogras Valentine shala more giya o shanti ditase na...
hahahahahah hahahhaha.. so predictable... why don't you blog about it in my "cheap valentine's idea" thread.

Any guy who survived this valentine without spending a dime is my hero.
Old February 14, 2009, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Happy Valentines day to all!!

Orphy bhaiya then I would be your hero?
Old February 14, 2009, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Love lost, yet it goes on
The Daily Star

One of her son is a doctor and the other an architect, one of her daughter's live in the US and the other is married to a wealthy man.

Sixty-year-old Selina Majumder should have been a happy and contended mother.

Instead, she lay desolate in a bed in a corner of a ward of an old people's home in city's Agargaon. On Valentine's Day yesterday, a nurse was checking her health.

“I feel great when my sons come to see me,” whispered Selina in a feeble voice.

“Please do not make up stories madam,” a nurse reminds her gently, “Your sons have never come to see you.”

Selina falls silent and the look in her eyes is vacant. She looks lost in a loveless world. Probably it dawns on her stroke-ridden brain that her wealthy past, her children established in life -- nothing matters now that she is living on others' pity.

Bedridden for the last four years after a series of strokes, she also suffers from diabetes and blood pressure. Recently she had a heart attack, her doctors said.

Lying on a plastic sheet reeking of urine, Selina was taking few orange pods from a kind woman who had come to visit the elderly in the home.

“None of her children looks after her. Her daughters visited her only four times in the last four years,” said her attendant.

Selina is one of the many miserable elderly citizens in the country who have no one to look after them.

Since none of her children pays for her expenses, the home is finding it hard to continue her treatment. At the moment a doctor at the home bears Selina's expenses.

“She is suffering from multiple problems which are made worse by lack of support from her family. We are looking after her physical well-being but mentally she is a broken person,” said Dr Ashraful Alam Khan, a part-time medical officer at the home, who bears her medical expenses.

Selina's attendant hasn't been paid for the last three months.

She said, "Her sisters used to pay me but they have stopped now. But I cannot abandon her because if I do, who would look after her?”

At these words, Selina turns to the attendant. Tears roll down from her eyes and all the world's love and affection concentrate in her stare.

The attendant smiles softly and wipes out her tears.
Old February 14, 2009, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
“Please do not make up stories madam,” a nurse reminds her gently, “Your sons have never come to see you.”
"Gently" my rear. That's one grumpy nurse.
Old February 14, 2009, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:

What do I do?
oh god! just tease her for thinking that it might of been you, then she's putty in your hands, man up bro.
Old February 14, 2009, 06:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Orphy bhaiya then I would be your hero?
why not.. Bravo!!

Murad should learn something from you.
Old February 14, 2009, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
send her a facebook valentines gift.

or better yet, save yourself 10 years and find a desi girl to mac on...no point in spitting game at goris, fool's gold i say...
Well doing anything on Facebook is kinda lame. For example, you would NEVER ask anyone out on Facebook or anything like that.

Oh and she is a desi girl, just not a bangladeshi .