facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 3, 2009, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Angry Good audio of Hasina's meeting with army - very emotional

http://www.esnips.com/doc/91ac0864-d...PM-ADDS/nsnext

keep going to the next one for more.

Old March 3, 2009, 10:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Thanks

Very informative and few good questions.

I can understand their frustration.

However I have to say that, I am kind of disappointed in other areas like:

1.There was too much "hoi hoi roi roi" and "talia" like a typical village shalish rather than an open house discussion between a sitting Prime Minister and Arm force.

2. The questions are mostly valid, however the tone was not the type I was expecting from military, who are supposed to be well educated, well disciplined, follows chain of command, and supped to be more articulate. The questions were not well thought of, not necessarily well articulated and the tone was not necessarily respectful to the Prime Minister, who is in the top of the chain of command.

3. I didn't get a good feeling that they were mentally well controlled, rather I got a feeling like a mob mentality. Thats kind of disappointing as its coming from our military not regular public.

4. There are some critical information. Also it was supposed to be closed door to hatch the frustration in Army. I don't know who taped it and how this tape got out of the room in the internet. That just give me a fuzzy feeling that: may be our Arm Force may not be as disciplined as I thought. Whoever taped it and exposed it doesn't have a high regard about rules and laws, as I believe he pretty much broke a law and compromised security. REMEMBER that God father dialog, "never question your own in front of the enemy" (or something like that). By exposing it in the internet, its giving the enemy the satisfaction that the master plan is working.

5. Again Army Intelligence failed, as this is supposed to be closed door.

I know people are not going to like my opinion. But as I said I liked their concern and questions, but I didn't liked their approach and well as breaking the close door policy and thereby break the law.

Moreover it would be nice to know, who did it? A officer or DGFI (the way they did it about Jalil's tape?) .

Last edited by Fazal; March 3, 2009 at 11:07 PM..
Old March 3, 2009, 11:17 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thanks

Very informative and few good questions.

I can understand their frustration.

1.There was too much "hoi hoi roi roi" and "talia" like a typical village shalish rather than an open house discussion between a sitting Prime Minister and Arm force.

2. The questions are mostly valid, however the tone was not the type I was expecting from military, who are supposed to be well educated, well disciplined, follows chain of command, and supped to be more articulate. The questions were not well thought of, not necessarily well articulated and the tone was not necessarily respectful to the Prime Minister, who is in the top of the chain of command.

3. I didn't get a good feeling that they were mentally well controlled, rather I got a feeling like a mob mentality. Thats kind of disappointing as its coming from our military not regular public.

4. There are some critical information. Also it was supposed to be closed door to hatch the frustration in Army. I don't know who taped it and how this tape got out of the room in the internet. That just give me a fuzzy feeling that: may be our Arm Force may not be as disciplined as I thought. Whoever taped it and exposed it doesn't have a high regard about rules and laws, as I believe he pretty much broke a law and compromised security. REMEMBER that God father dialog, "never question your own in front of the enemy" (or something like that). By exposing it in the internet, its giving the enemy the satisfaction that the master plan is working.

5. Again Army Intelligence failed, as this is supposed to be closed door.

I know people are not going to like my opinion. But as I said I liked their concern and questions, but I didn't liked their approach and well as breaking the close door policy and thereby break the law.

Moreover it would be nice to know, who did it? A officer or DGFI (the way they did it about Jalil's tape?) .
True... this tape might be informative but it doesn't instill much confidence about army's discipline. but then again, i don't know what is the modus operandi of these kinds of dorbar or gathering. So, who knows.. but it certainly sounded very rowdy.
Old March 3, 2009, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Thanks

Fantastic point made.

While we are getting voyeuristic thrills listening to this audio, proliferation of this is not helping army for sure.

I did not pay too much attention to the rowdy tendency and tone of the officers though - this was meant to be closed-door and cathartic.

Another great point made with #6 in your post. Is this another failure of DGFI or another "khela" by them?
Old March 3, 2009, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
Fantastic point made.

While we are getting voyeuristic thrills listening to this audio, proliferation of this is not helping army for sure.

I did not pay too much attention to the rowdy tendency and tone of the officers though - this was meant to be closed-door and cathartic.

Another great point made with #6 in your post. Is this another failure of DGFI or another "khela" by them?
Obviously you don't want a disciplined force like army to be rowdy, but if you put it perspective they lost so many of their fellow officers on that fateful day and those army officers felt a part of it is because of inaction. If you have human emotions, it is hard to be disciplined in that environment... especially when hasina is not answering questions properly. Some of the officers did try to bring discipline in the meeting...

To army's credit, they have not broken the chain of command during this crisis.

DGFI definitely released it... because they thought it will be helpful to their cause.

BTW, click back or next to the other clips

Last edited by cricket_pagol; March 4, 2009 at 12:27 AM..
Old March 4, 2009, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Very informative audio. Relevant questions were asked and the tone of vioce and the atmosphere is completely understandable. I dont know why Fazal is so disappointed at the army being angry with the PM. Respect is not a right, it needs to be earned and most politicians in our country have not earned the right to be respected including the incumbent PM. The army has shown tantamount amount of patience by not disobeying orders and rushing into BDR when this whole thing started. The have not broken the chain of command at all. Any one who finds their anger and tone of voice condescending and not reasonable shows their political colour and preference. Although I must give credit to the PM that she did answer some querries pretty well and logically. I also think getting the army involved in the search for the culprits was a good decision. As I had said in the past I dont trust any probe committee reports filed by the govt as it would be political. The fact that the army are doing a probe of their own gives me confidence that the culprits would be bought to book either by vigilante form of justice from the army or through proper laws of the land, either way I am happy.
Old March 4, 2009, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

As i am listening to all the clips , all the speaker from army tried to calm the crowd and wanted answer from the PM, they tried their best to not instigate the junior army officers.

I am surprised you did not raise any question about the BS answer that hasina was giving as PM. She could not clearly answer the question about time line.
Old March 4, 2009, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Well the BS answer is what I expected from her so I just mentioned the part which surprised me. She also avoided a couple of questions maybe because she did not know the answer herself if I were to give her the benefit of the doubt. She avoided answering how so many of them escaped, also she could not give a reasonable answer to why one side of BDR was open from where most of the culprits have been alleged to have escaped from. I have had this same question from day 1, this is what I have asked in my first post about the massacre as well. Personally I dont think there was any international hand in this event and it might have been an act of revenge from the politicians who were given the run around by the army in the last two yrs. My whole support has been with the army since 1/11 and it is still with them. I hope they find the bastards who plotted this and takes their own form of vigilante justice. Even though this election was very different from the past ones and the government actually started out giving vibes that things would be different, I found out after a few weeks that things are back to the way they were before 1/11. I still want a dictator for Bangladesh. We have a system which is a bluff in the name of democracy. Its better not to have it. I was watching ATN bangla and saw an interview from a guy, Mir Saiful Alam ( dont know who he his) but one thing that he said which made sense to me was : as long people who take politics as their bread and butter do it, things will not change. I think we should have politicians who have a stable financial position and are educated so that it they dont use politics as a means of making money for livelihood or luxury.
Old March 4, 2009, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Well the BS answer is what I expected from her so I just mentioned the part which surprised me. She also avoided a couple of questions maybe because she did not know the answer herself if I were to give her the benefit of the doubt. She avoided answering how so many of them escaped, also she could not give a reasonable answer to why one side of BDR was open from where most of the culprits have been alleged to have escaped from. I have had this same question from day 1, this is what I have asked in my first post about the massacre as well. Personally I dont think there was any international hand in this event and it might have been an act of revenge from the politicians who were given the run around by the army in the last two yrs. My whole support has been with the army since 1/11 and it is still with them. I hope they find the bastards who plotted this and takes their own form of vigilante justice. Even though this election was very different from the past ones and the government actually started out giving vibes that things would be different, I found out after a few weeks that things are back to the way they were before 1/11. I still want a dictator for Bangladesh. We have a system which is a bluff in the name of democracy. Its better not to have it. I was watching ATN bangla and saw an interview from a guy, Mir Saiful Alam ( dont know who he his) but one thing that he said which made sense to me was : as long people who take politics as their bread and butter do it, things will not change. I think we should have politicians who have a stable financial position and are educated so that it they dont use politics as a means of making money for livelihood or luxury.
I agree with your points. Your theory about the involvement of politicians is interesting... BTW, my question about Hasina's BS was directed to Fazal bhai and sauron bhai, because they were blaming the army for being rowdy.
Old March 4, 2009, 02:05 AM
Banned

For those of you that have not taken the time to listen to this, I say, please listen to the whole thing.

I am quite impressed with the poise Hasina has handled the charges. Heck, I'm actually proud of her temperament.
Old March 4, 2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
I am also disappointed but on your analysis. Any one can also counter your [each and every] points if the only intention is to prove you wrong. Hence I am not going to go in arguments [in details] but just few words against one of your point [above quote].

I almost never heard [didn't pay attention] when Hasina, Khaleda or most of our politicians speech / propaganda goes on TV channels, but since a few days ago I was in Dhaka [and thanks to some idle time] I was able to see how well organized, and articulate our politicians are while they are on TV! Minister Shahara, Taj, Muhit [to name a few] even PM Hsina sometime seems awful, and these are the leaders of our nation.

Then again I convinced myself thinking we every human has his limitations, or may look as odd as they appear any given time. If they are good people and has been chosen for good intention then that should be our take. In fact here in this speech or dialog, if someone intends, he will find so many words from Hasina was not so articulate, or not organized, or not well thought, but like many others here I don't see or take it as her lack, or problem, or as an issue.

Note : I have listened to the tape on the other thread and think the event was respectful obviously with lots of emotions [from both side]. I even think Hasina herself would not think or say the army officers were disrespectful or rude on her.
Old March 4, 2009, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
http://www.esnips.com/doc/91ac0864-d...PM-ADDS/nsnext

keep going to the next one for more.

I think it was deleted by the owner. Did anyone download it?
Old March 4, 2009, 08:44 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

The audio isn't working.
Old March 4, 2009, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Anyone downloaded the audio?
Old March 4, 2009, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Please right click on link, choose "save link as" and download these three mp3 files ...

File 1: http://www.upload-mp3.com/files/8204...y%20HQ%203.mp3

File 2: http://www.upload-mp3.com/files/8203...y%20HQ%202.mp3

File 3: http://www.upload-mp3.com/files/8202...y%20HQ%201.mp3

Source:

PS: If this does not work, I can upload the the audio files that i downloaded

Last edited by cricket_pagol; March 4, 2009 at 09:33 AM..
Old March 4, 2009, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Please right click on link and download to listen three mp3 files ...

File 1: http://www.upload-mp3.com/files/8204...y%20HQ%203.mp3

File 2: http://www.upload-mp3.com/files/8203...y%20HQ%202.mp3

File 3: http://www.upload-mp3.com/files/8202...y%20HQ%201.mp3

Source:

PS: If this does not work, I can upload the the audio files that i downloaded
Its not working bro...would really appreciate it if you upload the audio files..
Old March 4, 2009, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Uploaded it at megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GKRPIOV9
Old March 4, 2009, 09:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
BTW, my question about Hasina's BS was directed to Fazal bhai and sauron bhai, because they were blaming the army for being rowdy.
You asked me a question, therefore I have a obligation to answer I guess. Yes Haisna's asnwers were BS in some cases and some cases she didn't addressed at all. There were mutiple questions (not one at a time). And she picked and choose according to her choice and some of them are vague and not to the point.

Why I didn't mentioned that? Because it was too obvious and it was from low expectation about her public speech. I don't have high expectation about our politicians and specifially Hasina's public speaking quality so there was no surpise there and no need to mention.

My point was not to discuss "who did better in the open debate Army officers or Hasina?". Thats was not my point. My point was additional questions that I had after listening to the audio and some dissapointment that was not universally agreed on (And I am right, some people dis-agreed with my observation).

If you have some question or opinion after listeniong this tape, please feel free to share with us. Don't complain why I didn't mentioned this or that as I am not suppoed to read you mind and speak for your self. I can only share my observation with you guys.

You may have your own question, after listening the audio, so please feel free to discuss here instead of question my motive about my question. That will help us to have a healthy and usefull discussion.

Thanks

Last edited by Fazal; March 4, 2009 at 11:07 AM..
Old March 4, 2009, 10:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

[quote=Fazal;835117]

excellent point made.but thing that springs in my mind is the guy who made the tape 'can he be an insider to the mutiny' and meant to be leaked in the internet.

anything can be possible ,as again and again our intelligence is failing
Old March 4, 2009, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Uploaded it at megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GKRPIOV9

Thank you so much bro...really appreciate it....
Old March 4, 2009, 10:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I am also disappointed but on your analysis. Any one can also counter your [each and every] points if the only intention is to prove you wrong. Hence I am not going to go in arguments [in details] but just few words against one of your point [above quote].

I almost never heard [didn't pay attention] when Hasina, Khaleda or most of our politicians speech / propaganda goes on TV channels, but since a few days ago I was in Dhaka [and thanks to some idle time] I was able to see how well organized, and articulate our politicians are while they are on TV! Minister Shahara, Taj, Muhit [to name a few] even PM Hsina sometime seems awful, and these are the leaders of our nation.

Then again I convinced myself thinking we every human has his limitations, or may look as odd as they appear any given time. If they are good people and has been chosen for good intention then that should be our take. In fact here in this speech or dialog, if someone intends, he will find so many words from Hasina was not so articulate, or not organized, or not well thought, but like many others here I don't see or take it as her lack, or problem, or as an issue.

Note : I have listened to the tape on the other thread and think the event was respectful obviously with lots of emotions [from both side]. I even think Hasina herself would not think or say the army officers were disrespectful or rude on her.
PoorFan,
Sorry I couldn't maintain the standard (in my analysis) that you expected out of me. However you are too vague when you said
Quote:
Hence I am not going to go in arguments [in details] but just few words against one of your point.
Which point? Its not clear to me. I don't really didn't understand how what you said is a counter argument of what I said in my point #2. What you said, I don't disagree. At the same time what I said at #2, is still my opinion. Your point and my points are not necessarily mutually exclusive in my opinion.

Hasina was never very articulate in her speech (historically speaking), so I had very low expectation in that regard. And there was no surprise there when I heard her explanation similar to when I used to hear Bush speaking. However I was thinking much more articulate questionnaire and more disciplined behavior from the Army, as I was trying to compare them with similar situation with replacing Hasina with Bush, replacing BD Army with US Army and replacing BDR mutiny and Army loss with wrong war in Iraq and Army loss and frustration in their war. I couldn’t imagine US Army would behave with Bush like that even in close meetings. Or the security breach or tape leak in the media.

That’s where I am coming from.
You don't need to agree with me, but I hope you can understand from where I am coming from. May be living in USA for too long , created this false high expectation from our army men.

Last edited by Fazal; March 4, 2009 at 11:39 AM..
Old March 4, 2009, 11:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
PoorFan,

Sorry I couldn't maintain the standard (in my analysis) that you expected out of me. However you are too vague when you said " border="0" alt="" />

Hasina was never very articulate in her speech (historically speaking), so I had very low expectation in that regard. And there was no surprise there when I heard her explanation similar to when I used to hear Bush speaking. However I was thinking much more articulate questionnaire and more disciplined behavior from the Army, as I was trying to compare them with similar situation with replacing Hasina with Bush, replacing BD Army with US Army and replacing BDR mutiny and Army loss with wrong war in Iraq and Army loss and frustration in their war. I couldn’t imagine US Army would behave with Bush like that even in close meetings. Or the security breach or tape leak in the media.

That’s where I am coming from. You don't need to agree with me, but I hope you can understand from where I am coming from. May be living in USA for too long , created this false high expectation from our army men.

I living in the USA for almost 9 yrs immediately accepted ur point.but i have moved to bangladesh a yr ago and according to the audio this standard of talking is not frowned upon.and infact i found them very controlled becuz i was in bangladesh and this happened i would/might have been worse .
Old March 4, 2009, 11:39 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Thanks.
Meeting is emotionally charged and scarry.

PM handled pretty well.

Now I have less respect for the BD Army because this is not the way they, the Army officers not Answer Bahini, are supposed to talk to the Prime Minister.
Old March 4, 2009, 11:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Heard and agreed with Fazal mamu's opinion. Only 3 files, is there any more..?
Old March 4, 2009, 11:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
Thanks.
Meeting is emotionally charged and scarry.

PM handled pretty well.

Now I have less respect for the BD Army because this is not the way they, the Army officers not Answer Bahini, are supposed to talk to the Prime Minister.
I am not attesting their behavior but ...

Among them, some are like us who may think, the PM was involved or her Govt was involved. Her answers didn't satisfy them which may have fueled the agitation. I am still happy that the Army didn't get crazy and took over the country after losing so many of their own on a pre-planned attack who couldn't defend themselves. The questions needs to be answered even after a later date. Otherwise this agitation may haunt us.