facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 7, 2009, 04:47 PM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,040
Exclamation Gayle(KKR)&Bravo(Mumbai) will play. Mash+Ash less likely to play.

Ash wasn't going to play anyway, but now its certain.

Gayle might be the spinner of the team, which might make it easier for Mash to replace the SriLankan wizard.

http://content.cricinfo.com/wiveng20...ry/398800.html
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 7, 2009, 04:51 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,818

Re-fund!
Re-fund!
Re-fund!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 7, 2009, 05:00 PM
bdchamp20 bdchamp20 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 8, 2007
Posts: 3,921

How do you know? Are they going to play a fixed XI for the whole tournament? I don't understand how you can draw such judgements. There was another thread made just because Cricinfo made a probable XI, you have to understand that its Cricinfo's predictions the team will be made by the coach and the captain who will decide based on performance in the nets. Cricinfo also suggested Shakib was going to be bought for $500,000 and what happened? He wasn't bought at all.

We all know Tendulkar is fond of Ash and he will play at least 2-3 matches. And as for Mash the Kolkata media is already touting him as the pace spearhead for the team.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 7, 2009, 05:51 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

go the the KKR site. mash is most popular KKR player according to a recent ongoing poll
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 7, 2009, 08:41 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
Gayle might be the spinner of the team, which might make it easier for Mash to replace the SriLankan wizard.
gayle is a spinner, and mash is a opening bowler..what in the world are you talking about?? as i said before..i dont think anybody is dumb enough to pay somebody $600,000 to warm the bench
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 8, 2009, 01:00 AM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
gayle is a spinner, and mash is a opening bowler..what in the world are you talking about?? as i said before..i dont think anybody is dumb enough to pay somebody $600,000 to warm the bench
I think you are unaware that a maximum of 4 international players can play in a game. KKR has to decide who are the best 4 combination for any given game.
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 8, 2009, 01:07 AM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
How do you know? Are they going to play a fixed XI for the whole tournament? I don't understand how you can draw such judgements. .
A fixed XI ??? Who claimed that. Straw man theory.

Quote:
There was another thread made just because Cricinfo made a probable XI, you have to understand that its Cricinfo's predictions the team will be made by the coach and the captain who will decide based on performance in the nets. Cricinfo also suggested Shakib was going to be bought for $500,000 and what happened? He wasn't bought at all..
That was speculation. This is fact. Read the article before you comment.

Quote:

We all know Tendulkar is fond of Ash and he will play at least 2-3 matches.
..
Ash has to be in the top 4 foreigners to play. Very unlikely despite any fondness.

Quote:

And as for Mash the Kolkata media is already touting him as the pace spearhead for the team.
Kolkata team has Sharma + many foreigners. I think Mash will make it in top 4 foreigners in most of the games. I hope his back injury doesn't hold him back. Its the math of 4 foreigners. Otherwise Mash would be in everygame. Unfair.
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 8, 2009, 01:21 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,818

guess there is a method to pagol-chagol-ness after all....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 8, 2009, 02:04 AM
Tintin Tintin is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 23, 2003
Posts: 3,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
Ash has to be in the top 4 foreigners to play. Very unlikely despite any fondness.
What will probably happen is that Ash will be given a couple of matches in the first half of the tournament. If he scores runs, they will continue to play him. If he does as he did in the Asia v Africa matches, he will be used only for fielding for the rest of the matches.

Razzak's case last time was different because BRC was in a hopeless position all through the competition and was not willing to experiment till they were out of contention for the semifinal.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 8, 2009, 03:03 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,261

every single thread is opened by pagol-chagol is useless.im being 100% honest

sorry to say that pagol-chagol
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 8, 2009, 10:12 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
I think you are unaware that a maximum of 4 international players can play in a game. KKR has to decide who are the best 4 combination for any given game.
i'm very well aware of that..and as i said before..i'm sure KKR management is smart enough to know that $600,000 is alot of money...they could have easily paid sakib $50,000 and have him warm the bench and at the same time get bangladeshi crowd on their side...
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 8, 2009, 10:56 AM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
every single thread is opened by pagol-chagol is useless.im being 100% honest

sorry to say that pagol-chagol
I hope you understand that Gayle will be picked ahead of Mashrafee to fill one of 4 foreigner positions in every significant T20 game (if available).

I hope you understand that Bravo will be picked ahead of Ashraful to fill one of 4 foreigner positions in every significant T20 game (if available).

If I have hurt your feelings in other threads, I apologize. I am sometimes mean to people who do not answer with logic. I hope you are not one of those.
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 8, 2009, 11:04 AM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
i'm very well aware of that..and as i said before..i'm sure KKR management is smart enough to know that $600,000 is alot of money...they could have easily paid sakib $50,000 and have him warm the bench and at the same time get bangladeshi crowd on their side...
I am hoping that Mashrafee's high salary will create extra pressures on the KKR coaches and the captain to play him. However, don't forget they offered him $100,000 before the auction. I am sure Mashrafee will get to play at least some games to prove his value. I am just not sure Mash can be one of the top 4 foreign performers. Gayle is an all world player who is irreplacable for any team.

Mumbai loves Bravo and he will be in every XI, if available. Since he is suddenly available from the beginning, Ash may not even get the chance to be in any XI. How can he prove himself if he doesn't play? All I am hoping is that he gets to learn in the practices.
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 8, 2009, 11:12 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,481

CP, relax mate.
Just because X is in the team, Y is in the team does not necessarily mean that A or B will miss the opportunity.

Let the team managament decide who plays and who not.
Have some faith on our players. Given the opportunity, i'm sure they can make their own mark. They dont need to rely on x-y/z to be in the team.

This competition would only bring the best out of them, something they miss so importantly in the national team.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 8, 2009, 11:30 AM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
CP, relax mate.Just because X is in the team, Y is in the team does not necessarily mean that A or B will miss the opportunity.
Its all about "PROBABILITY", and the probability of being in top 4 goes down significantly when a far superior foreign player becomes available. One can be in absoluely relaxed state and predict that probability is lower. This is not Rocket Science.

Quote:
Let the team managament decide who plays and who not.
I neither have the money nor the willingness to take that right away from them.

Quote:
Have some faith on our players.
I have faith in Mash, but not in "jodi laigga jai" Ash.

Quote:
Given the opportunity,
That's what I am talking about. The probability of "opportunity" has been reduced.

Quote:
I'm sure they can make their own mark.
How can you be so sure? Have you been following Ashraful's career?

Quote:
They dont need to rely on x-y/z to be in the team.
If only 3 foreigners are available, then Mash and Ash might play every game, if they are playing better than at most 7 Indians. The "availability" decides who gets the chance almost as much as performance.

Quote:
This competition would only bring the best out of them, something they miss so importantly in the national team.
Agree 100%. Even if they don't play a lot, they should learn a lot, although in Ashraful's case I am not so sure. I think Sakib would have learnt a lot more.
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 8, 2009, 12:30 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
every single thread is opened by pagol-chagol is useless.im being 100% honest

sorry to say that pagol-chagol
His thought process is way over our heads (complement). I have learned my lesson trying to argue on NRR and lost. He is no ordinary Pagol.

The only thing he is missing that in the second half of IPL season Gayle and Bravo are to make the trip to England. Which would bump the probablity for them getting selected.

But the thread title is as solid as rock.

Although Mash was auctioned at $600,000 I am willing to put my neck out there and say that the real contract would not be that much. Apnara kau Indian businessmen chinen na.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old April 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
bdchamp20 bdchamp20 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 8, 2007
Posts: 3,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
A fixed XI ??? Who claimed that. Straw man theory.
So how can you be "certain" that Ash will not play?



Quote:
That was speculation. This is fact. Read the article before you comment.
What fact are you talking about exactly? Where does it say Ash or Mash will not play?



Quote:
Ash has to be in the top 4 foreigners to play. Very unlikely despite any fondness.
14 matches and Ash will be available for all of them. Are you saying it is highly unlikely that he will be considered for a single match?



Quote:
Kolkata team has Sharma + many foreigners. I think Mash will make it in top 4 foreigners in most of the games. I hope his back injury doesn't hold him back. Its the math of 4 foreigners. Otherwise Mash would be in everygame. Unfair.
The only foreing player who is in direct competition with Mash is Langi, who is way past his prime.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old April 8, 2009, 01:46 PM
Ishtylish cricketer's Avatar
Ishtylish cricketer Ishtylish cricketer is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 3, 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Favorite Player: Ian Bell
Posts: 1,662

Ash's chance of playing looks grim. Fernando, Sayasuriya, Bravo and Duminy will be the first choice international 4. In Jaysuriya and Bravo's absence Ash may get to see some action. Ash may have to contend with Luke Ronchi (Wkb) and Graham Napier (OB) for a place just because only 4 "foreigners" are allowed to participate in the game.
Mash has very little possibility of playing in spite of the vaccancy left by Umer Gul and Shoaib. They will go with Dinda their other fast bowler who has aggression but not much substance. I also don't see how KKR captain would choose to play Mash if Mendis recovers from the bullet wounds, in time before the tournament begins. If McCallum is available he will play, no doubt in his role as a Wkb. The other wicketkeeper Taibu is another option and playing him as he is a "foreigner" would hurt Mash's chance of playing as well. David Hussey, Ricky Ponting and Brad Hodge will play barring cricket australia's committment or fear of being burned out from too much cricket. They also purchased Moises Henriques who in most people's estimation is the next Jaques Kallis so there will be pressure put on Ganguly from Buchannan to play him. The fact that you can only play 4 that really hurts the two Bangladeshi players.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; April 8, 2009 at 07:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old April 8, 2009, 02:08 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,261

pagol chagol bhai im really sorry coz i know my word hurt u.forgive me as a little bro.thanx
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old April 8, 2009, 02:11 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,751

Ricky Ponting is not playing in this year's IPL. David Hussey will play only for a week as he will leave for UAE along with Bret Lee. Gayle too will play for only 1 week. He will leave on May 1st.

Mash will play no matter what.

Ash's chance is very low. But you never know. He might end up playing more matches than we are predicting now.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old April 8, 2009, 02:56 PM
ammark's Avatar
ammark ammark is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 17, 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,090

This thread makes me want to go back to betfair right now. Pity, I'm broke
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old April 8, 2009, 03:04 PM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
1. So how can you be "certain" that Ash will not play?

2. What fact are you talking about exactly? Where does it say Ash or Mash will not play?

3. 14 matches and Ash will be available for all of them. Are you saying it is highly unlikely that he will be considered for a single match?

4. The only foreing player who is in direct competition with Mash is Langi, who is way past his prime.
1. Anybody who is in the roster has greater than 0% chance of playing at least one game. "Certain" > 0% but close. However, nobody has lesser probability than Ashraful. Indians with far inferior talent than Ash will play, because they are not in the 4 player foreign quota. Inclusion of Bravo makes it closer to 0%, that Ash will play. That was the point of this thread. He has to go through many litmus tests in order to make XI in each game.

Bravo and Gayle are guaranteed to have 1 of 4 slots, if available.

2.

Speculation - Cricinfo's probable XI.

Fact - Bravo and Gayle will be available more than expected (article).

You said, "Where does it say Ash or Mash will not play?"

Did anyone claim that the article said they can't play? No. The availability makes the probability lower for Ash + Mash. That's all.

Bravo and Gayle are guaranteed to have 1 of 4 slots, if available.

3.

Do you think Raj would have played if his team wasn't eliminated? Many things have to go right for Ash, including extra ordinary practice sessions, to get the chance to play. I think his best hope is, like Raj, that his team is either eliminated or no need to fight for playoff positioning toward the end of the tournament.

Bravo and Gayle are guaranteed to have 1 of 4 slots, if available.

4.

A lot of people seem to think Mash is in competition with foreign pacers only.
Please read Ishtylish Cricketers post to get a better understanding of this issue.

Bravo and Gayle are guaranteed to have 1 of 4 slots, if available.
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old April 8, 2009, 03:14 PM
pagol-chagol's Avatar
pagol-chagol pagol-chagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 19, 2003
Location: Web
Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Posts: 4,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
pagol chagol bhai im really sorry coz i know my word hurt u.forgive me as a little bro.thanx
I am immune to insults/hurt. You can curse me/my family/country/religion whatever. I won't mind. I just hope you'll give me the reason, so that I can stop thinking wrongly.
__________________
Ashraful is like the Eids. Lots of fun twice a year.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old April 8, 2009, 03:41 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,751

But Gayle is there for only 1 week. He will leave SA on May first. So you can say he will play only 2/3 matches.

Mash is a fast bowler and good batsman for T20 cricket. Mash's chance is more than 90%. KKR will play 3 pacers: Mash, Ishant and Agarkar. You don't wanna compare him with an opening batsman.

Ash has to fight with JP Duminy for a slot. JP Duminy is another over-hyped. He is currently out of form as well. Lets what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old April 8, 2009, 03:58 PM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 10,286

PC - why are we assuming that Jaya over Ash is automatic? We can assume Mills/Fernando will compete for 1 slot. Bravo and Duminy are both shoo-ins which leaves us in a battle of Ash, Jaya and Ranchi for the 4th spot. Look at Jaya's form for Mohammedan against the same level of opposition as Ash has been playing in - nothing extraordinary. And Ash can hold his own in the T20 format against the likes of a Ranchi - especially in South Africe where the ball will come to bat nicely and reduces the need for a power based game (ala Ronchi, Symonds, etc.)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket