facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 7, 2009, 04:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Exclamation Gayle(KKR)&Bravo(Mumbai) will play. Mash+Ash less likely to play.

Ash wasn't going to play anyway, but now its certain.

Gayle might be the spinner of the team, which might make it easier for Mash to replace the SriLankan wizard.

http://content.cricinfo.com/wiveng20...ry/398800.html
Old April 7, 2009, 04:51 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Re-fund!
Re-fund!
Re-fund!
Old April 7, 2009, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

How do you know? Are they going to play a fixed XI for the whole tournament? I don't understand how you can draw such judgements. There was another thread made just because Cricinfo made a probable XI, you have to understand that its Cricinfo's predictions the team will be made by the coach and the captain who will decide based on performance in the nets. Cricinfo also suggested Shakib was going to be bought for $500,000 and what happened? He wasn't bought at all.

We all know Tendulkar is fond of Ash and he will play at least 2-3 matches. And as for Mash the Kolkata media is already touting him as the pace spearhead for the team.
Old April 7, 2009, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

go the the KKR site. mash is most popular KKR player according to a recent ongoing poll
Old April 7, 2009, 08:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
Gayle might be the spinner of the team, which might make it easier for Mash to replace the SriLankan wizard.
gayle is a spinner, and mash is a opening bowler..what in the world are you talking about?? as i said before..i dont think anybody is dumb enough to pay somebody $600,000 to warm the bench
Old April 8, 2009, 01:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
gayle is a spinner, and mash is a opening bowler..what in the world are you talking about?? as i said before..i dont think anybody is dumb enough to pay somebody $600,000 to warm the bench
I think you are unaware that a maximum of 4 international players can play in a game. KKR has to decide who are the best 4 combination for any given game.
Old April 8, 2009, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
How do you know? Are they going to play a fixed XI for the whole tournament? I don't understand how you can draw such judgements. .
A fixed XI ??? Who claimed that. Straw man theory.

Quote:
There was another thread made just because Cricinfo made a probable XI, you have to understand that its Cricinfo's predictions the team will be made by the coach and the captain who will decide based on performance in the nets. Cricinfo also suggested Shakib was going to be bought for $500,000 and what happened? He wasn't bought at all..
That was speculation. This is fact. Read the article before you comment.

Quote:

We all know Tendulkar is fond of Ash and he will play at least 2-3 matches.
Ash has to be in the top 4 foreigners to play. Very unlikely despite any fondness.

Quote:

And as for Mash the Kolkata media is already touting him as the pace spearhead for the team.
Kolkata team has Sharma + many foreigners. I think Mash will make it in top 4 foreigners in most of the games. I hope his back injury doesn't hold him back. Its the math of 4 foreigners. Otherwise Mash would be in everygame. Unfair.
Old April 8, 2009, 01:21 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

guess there is a method to pagol-chagol-ness after all....
Old April 8, 2009, 02:04 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Ash has to be in the top 4 foreigners to play. Very unlikely despite any fondness.
What will probably happen is that Ash will be given a couple of matches in the first half of the tournament. If he scores runs, they will continue to play him. If he does as he did in the Asia v Africa matches, he will be used only for fielding for the rest of the matches.

Razzak's case last time was different because BRC was in a hopeless position all through the competition and was not willing to experiment till they were out of contention for the semifinal.
Old April 8, 2009, 03:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

every single thread is opened by pagol-chagol is useless.im being 100% honest

sorry to say that pagol-chagol
Old April 8, 2009, 10:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
I think you are unaware that a maximum of 4 international players can play in a game. KKR has to decide who are the best 4 combination for any given game.
i'm very well aware of that..and as i said before..i'm sure KKR management is smart enough to know that $600,000 is alot of money...they could have easily paid sakib $50,000 and have him warm the bench and at the same time get bangladeshi crowd on their side...
Old April 8, 2009, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

I hope you understand that Gayle will be picked ahead of Mashrafee to fill one of 4 foreigner positions in every significant T20 game (if available).

I hope you understand that Bravo will be picked ahead of Ashraful to fill one of 4 foreigner positions in every significant T20 game (if available).

If I have hurt your feelings in other threads, I apologize. I am sometimes mean to people who do not answer with logic. I hope you are not one of those.
Old April 8, 2009, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
i'm very well aware of that..and as i said before..i'm sure KKR management is smart enough to know that $600,000 is alot of money...they could have easily paid sakib $50,000 and have him warm the bench and at the same time get bangladeshi crowd on their side...
I am hoping that Mashrafee's high salary will create extra pressures on the KKR coaches and the captain to play him. However, don't forget they offered him $100,000 before the auction. I am sure Mashrafee will get to play at least some games to prove his value. I am just not sure Mash can be one of the top 4 foreign performers. Gayle is an all world player who is irreplacable for any team.

Mumbai loves Bravo and he will be in every XI, if available. Since he is suddenly available from the beginning, Ash may not even get the chance to be in any XI. How can he prove himself if he doesn't play? All I am hoping is that he gets to learn in the practices.
Old April 8, 2009, 11:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

CP, relax mate.
Just because X is in the team, Y is in the team does not necessarily mean that A or B will miss the opportunity.

Let the team managament decide who plays and who not.
Have some faith on our players. Given the opportunity, i'm sure they can make their own mark. They dont need to rely on x-y/z to be in the team.

This competition would only bring the best out of them, something they miss so importantly in the national team.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 8, 2009, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
CP, relax mate.Just because X is in the team, Y is in the team does not necessarily mean that A or B will miss the opportunity.
Its all about "PROBABILITY", and the probability of being in top 4 goes down significantly when a far superior foreign player becomes available. One can be in absoluely relaxed state and predict that probability is lower. This is not Rocket Science.

Quote:
Let the team managament decide who plays and who not.
I neither have the money nor the willingness to take that right away from them.

Quote:
Have some faith on our players.
I have faith in Mash, but not in "jodi laigga jai" Ash.

Quote:
Given the opportunity,
That's what I am talking about. The probability of "opportunity" has been reduced.

Quote:
I'm sure they can make their own mark.
How can you be so sure? Have you been following Ashraful's career?

Quote:
They dont need to rely on x-y/z to be in the team.
If only 3 foreigners are available, then Mash and Ash might play every game, if they are playing better than at most 7 Indians. The "availability" decides who gets the chance almost as much as performance.

Quote:
This competition would only bring the best out of them, something they miss so importantly in the national team.
Agree 100%. Even if they don't play a lot, they should learn a lot, although in Ashraful's case I am not so sure. I think Sakib would have learnt a lot more.
Old April 8, 2009, 12:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:

His thought process is way over our heads (complement). I have learned my lesson trying to argue on NRR and lost. He is no ordinary Pagol.

The only thing he is missing that in the second half of IPL season Gayle and Bravo are to make the trip to England. Which would bump the probablity for them getting selected.

But the thread title is as solid as rock.

Although Mash was auctioned at $600,000 I am willing to put my neck out there and say that the real contract would not be that much. Apnara kau Indian businessmen chinen na.
Old April 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
A fixed XI ??? Who claimed that. Straw man theory.
So how can you be "certain" that Ash will not play?

Quote:
That was speculation. This is fact. Read the article before you comment.
What fact are you talking about exactly? Where does it say Ash or Mash will not play?

Quote:
14 matches and Ash will be available for all of them. Are you saying it is highly unlikely that he will be considered for a single match?

Quote:
Kolkata team has Sharma + many foreigners. I think Mash will make it in top 4 foreigners in most of the games. I hope his back injury doesn't hold him back. Its the math of 4 foreigners. Otherwise Mash would be in everygame. Unfair.
The only foreing player who is in direct competition with Mash is Langi, who is way past his prime.
Old April 8, 2009, 01:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Ash's chance of playing looks grim. Fernando, Sayasuriya, Bravo and Duminy will be the first choice international 4. In Jaysuriya and Bravo's absence Ash may get to see some action. Ash may have to contend with Luke Ronchi (Wkb) and Graham Napier (OB) for a place just because only 4 "foreigners" are allowed to participate in the game.
Mash has very little possibility of playing in spite of the vaccancy left by Umer Gul and Shoaib. They will go with Dinda their other fast bowler who has aggression but not much substance. I also don't see how KKR captain would choose to play Mash if Mendis recovers from the bullet wounds, in time before the tournament begins. If McCallum is available he will play, no doubt in his role as a Wkb. The other wicketkeeper Taibu is another option and playing him as he is a "foreigner" would hurt Mash's chance of playing as well. David Hussey, Ricky Ponting and Brad Hodge will play barring cricket australia's committment or fear of being burned out from too much cricket. They also purchased Moises Henriques who in most people's estimation is the next Jaques Kallis so there will be pressure put on Ganguly from Buchannan to play him. The fact that you can only play 4 that really hurts the two Bangladeshi players.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; April 8, 2009 at 07:10 PM..
Old April 8, 2009, 02:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

pagol chagol bhai im really sorry coz i know my word hurt u.forgive me as a little bro.thanx
Old April 8, 2009, 02:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Ricky Ponting is not playing in this year's IPL. David Hussey will play only for a week as he will leave for UAE along with Bret Lee. Gayle too will play for only 1 week. He will leave on May 1st.

Mash will play no matter what.

Ash's chance is very low. But you never know. He might end up playing more matches than we are predicting now.
Old April 8, 2009, 02:56 PM

This thread makes me want to go back to betfair right now. Pity, I'm broke
Old April 8, 2009, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
1. So how can you be "certain" that Ash will not play?

2. What fact are you talking about exactly? Where does it say Ash or Mash will not play?

3. 14 matches and Ash will be available for all of them. Are you saying it is highly unlikely that he will be considered for a single match?

4. The only foreing player who is in direct competition with Mash is Langi, who is way past his prime.
1. Anybody who is in the roster has greater than 0% chance of playing at least one game. "Certain" > 0% but close. However, nobody has lesser probability than Ashraful. Indians with far inferior talent than Ash will play, because they are not in the 4 player foreign quota. Inclusion of Bravo makes it closer to 0%, that Ash will play. That was the point of this thread. He has to go through many litmus tests in order to make XI in each game.

Bravo and Gayle are guaranteed to have 1 of 4 slots, if available.

Speculation - Cricinfo's probable XI.

Fact - Bravo and Gayle will be available more than expected (article).

You said, "Where does it say Ash or Mash will not play?"

Did anyone claim that the article said they can't play? No. The availability makes the probability lower for Ash + Mash. That's all.

Do you think Raj would have played if his team wasn't eliminated? Many things have to go right for Ash, including extra ordinary practice sessions, to get the chance to play. I think his best hope is, like Raj, that his team is either eliminated or no need to fight for playoff positioning toward the end of the tournament.

A lot of people seem to think Mash is in competition with foreign pacers only.
Please read Ishtylish Cricketers post to get a better understanding of this issue.

Old April 8, 2009, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
pagol chagol bhai im really sorry coz i know my word hurt u.forgive me as a little bro.thanx
I am immune to insults/hurt. You can curse me/my family/country/religion whatever. I won't mind. I just hope you'll give me the reason, so that I can stop thinking wrongly.
Old April 8, 2009, 03:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

But Gayle is there for only 1 week. He will leave SA on May first. So you can say he will play only 2/3 matches.

Mash is a fast bowler and good batsman for T20 cricket. Mash's chance is more than 90%. KKR will play 3 pacers: Mash, Ishant and Agarkar. You don't wanna compare him with an opening batsman.

Ash has to fight with JP Duminy for a slot. JP Duminy is another over-hyped. He is currently out of form as well. Lets what happens.
Old April 8, 2009, 03:58 PM
BC Editorial Team

PC - why are we assuming that Jaya over Ash is automatic? We can assume Mills/Fernando will compete for 1 slot. Bravo and Duminy are both shoo-ins which leaves us in a battle of Ash, Jaya and Ranchi for the 4th spot. Look at Jaya's form for Mohammedan against the same level of opposition as Ash has been playing in - nothing extraordinary. And Ash can hold his own in the T20 format against the likes of a Ranchi - especially in South Africe where the ball will come to bat nicely and reduces the need for a power based game (ala Ronchi, Symonds, etc.)