facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 22, 2009, 05:49 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default Opportunity for Shakib?

http://content.cricinfo.com/southafr...ry/400930.html

If the R Royals are looking for a spinner they could do worse than taking Shakib who had a phenomenal tour on the saffers own turf. Plus I reckon he bats better than Botha.
Old April 22, 2009, 06:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Sakib will be a gem for any T20 squad. But IPL is more about money and maintaining business relationship between the BCCI and strong cricket boards from Australia, England, South Africa. So, it is not all about Sakib; rather it is about the importance of the BCB.
Old April 22, 2009, 06:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Spinners are doing really good in there now. so there is no one better than Sakib right now i guess. cause he started his uprise from SA tour of Bangladesh.
Old April 22, 2009, 07:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
http://content.cricinfo.com/southafr...ry/400930.html

If the R Royals are looking for a spinner they could do worse than taking Shakib who had a phenomenal tour on the saffers own turf. Plus I reckon he bats better than Botha.
Is the management of R Royals smart enough to go after Shakib?
Old April 22, 2009, 07:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

as far as i know sakib is injured and the processing time for visa and sakib travelling and getting accustomed to SA conditions and the team will take the RR the whole of IPL which is one of the reasons they are actually looking for a local player. He would have been a great asset to any team. Next season let's ensure he gets enough publicity with all the teams by marketing and publicising about Sakib and other bangladeshi players in their own websites. It is a great tool.
Old April 22, 2009, 08:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

probably won't happen
Old April 22, 2009, 08:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

no i think chances are quite slim. There are quite a few other quality spinners that havent been signed by IPL such as Malinga Bandara, Suleiman Benn, Jeetan Patel, Prosper Utseya, Monty Panesar etc. Although Sakib is probably better than these guys anyways they still wont sign him (because he is Bangladeshi), otherwise he wouldve been snapped up in the initial auction. But they would probably want to sign some South African player for local conditions and home support
Old April 22, 2009, 08:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharjilh
There are quite a few other quality spinners that havent been signed by IPL such as Malinga Bandara, Suleiman Benn, Jeetan Patel, Prosper Utseya, Monty Panesar etc.
I dislike posts that use quality and Monty panesar in the same sentence. Overrated might be a better choice to use.

If I was Manoj Badale , I would have :

- checked the latest ICC all rounder rankkings
- see who is on the top
- give him a quick call to tell him to prepare for his flight to South Africa.

Simple , aint it ? BUT Mr Manoj is not gonna do that . He will Instead assign the task to his captain Shane Warne who would gladly get some rookie spinner from his domestic league in his hometown .
Old April 22, 2009, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

i think warne will use this opportunity to give bryce mcgain a role.
so he can keep mcgains ashes hopes alive.
Old April 22, 2009, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
as far as i know sakib is injured and the processing time for visa and sakib travelling and getting accustomed to SA conditions and the team will take the RR the whole of IPL which is one of the reasons they are actually looking for a local player. He would have been a great asset to any team. Next season let's ensure he gets enough publicity with all the teams by marketing and publicising about Sakib and other bangladeshi players in their own websites. It is a great tool.
Yup, that sums it up.
Old April 22, 2009, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
no i think chances are quite slim. There are quite a few other quality spinners that havent been signed by IPL such as Malinga Bandara, Suleiman Benn, Jeetan Patel, Prosper Utseya, Monty Panesar etc. Although Sakib is probably better than these guys anyways they still wont sign him (because he is Bangladeshi), otherwise he wouldve been snapped up in the initial auction. But they would probably want to sign some South African player for local conditions and home support
A specialized bowler who has more than 50 average is a quality spinner? Oh God please help me, I just can't stop laughing. None of the other bowlers you mentioned are even close to Shakib's standard, and not to mention his batting capabilities.
Old April 22, 2009, 11:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
A specialized bowler who has more than 50 average is a quality spinner? Oh God please help me, I just can't stop laughing. None of the other bowlers you mentioned are even close to Shakib's standard, and not to mention his batting capabilities.
i think he googled "Spin bowlers" and copied and pasted every name he found...
Old April 22, 2009, 11:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

If sakib was Aussie or English i would say yes.........but he is Bangladeshi
Old April 22, 2009, 11:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

If i'm not mistaken, Sakib is not taking part in the PCL either, due to injury.
So i dont think RR is calling an injured player, despite his ranking. It doesnt make sense, i wouldn't have called him either if i knew he is injured.

There is no need to call names.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 22, 2009, 01:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
i think he googled "Spin bowlers" and copied and pasted every name he found...
no i didnt google spinners i was just naming the current spinners that play in the international teams. My point was that Shakib doesnt really have much chance in getting picked because of the vast international players already present. If he did have a chance it was through the auction and no one picked him up. Teams are obviously not looking at rankings.

Just because Shakib is a quality spinner doesnt make the other bowlers i mentioned bad bowlers. Malinga Bandara, Suleiman Benn, Jeetan Patel and even Prosper Utseya are all really good spinners. Prosper Utseya might have an average of 50 in ODIs he still has a very good record in T20s. I dont see why just because we have a better spinner we fail to see that there are other good players present as well. Im sure Sakib is better than loads of other players currently playing in IPL, but it doesnt make the others bad players.
Old April 23, 2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
If i'm not mistaken, Sakib is not taking part in the PCL either, due to injury.
So i dont think RR is calling an injured player, despite his ranking. It doesnt make sense, i wouldn't have called him either if i knew he is injured.

There is no need to call names.
He was not injured during the IPL auction either!
সাদা চামরা জাপানে যেমন বিকায়, আই পি এল -এর দেশেও তেমনি!!?
Old April 23, 2009, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
no i didnt google spinners i was just naming the current spinners that play in the international teams. My point was that Shakib doesnt really have much chance in getting picked because of the vast international players already present. If he did have a chance it was through the auction and no one picked him up. Teams are obviously not looking at rankings.

Just because Shakib is a quality spinner doesnt make the other bowlers i mentioned bad bowlers. Malinga Bandara, Suleiman Benn, Jeetan Patel and even Prosper Utseya are all really good spinners. Prosper Utseya might have an average of 50 in ODIs he still has a very good record in T20s. I dont see why just because we have a better spinner we fail to see that there are other good players present as well. Im sure Sakib is better than loads of other players currently playing in IPL, but it doesnt make the others bad players.
Yea man I Agree with you
Old April 24, 2009, 01:50 AM
Test Cricketer

It wouldnt really make sense for rajasthan to call up sakib as they already have warne in the team who takes up the spinning option and so picking 2 intls and both of those spinners couldnt be justified while pathan also bowls spin... most teams tend to pick 3 batsmen and 1 bowler for their international spots (hence why i really think there should be 5 intls allowed!!!!) and so there arent many spots left for international spinners... even if sakib does get a contract he would barely play for ANY team... its really stupid that the IPL is being played in south africa yet there is an insistence on 7 indian players in each team, it would make for such a better spectacle FOR EVERYONE if the amount of intls was increased!
Old April 24, 2009, 04:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

It's the InDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE of course there will be mostly indians in there and like it or not, it's a good way for India to develop player depth with domestic players getting to play against international players