facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old May 22, 2009, 10:43 AM
capslock capslock is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 29, 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,671

No fan of Shoaib, but this was a classless act from the PCB.
__________________
"You score 30, I score 30, we win match."
--Mohd. Ashraful
Any comments along the lines of 'Xxxxx player will make a century today' will result in an instant IP ban.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old May 22, 2009, 02:05 PM
Kabir's Avatar
Kabir Kabir is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 3, 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Posts: 11,139

I wasn't posting on BC lately...but this thread title made me pitch in a few words.

I'm not a fan of Shoaib, neither am I a fan of PCB. But such acts by a board only tells you how stupid one can get. Respect one's privacy for God's sake.

Asaad...expected better argument from you bro.
__________________
cricket is a PROCESS, not an EVENT or two. -- Sohel_NR
Fans need to stop DUI (Dreaming Under Influence)!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old May 22, 2009, 04:42 PM
Orpheus's Avatar
Orpheus Orpheus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 25, 2002
Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
ethics don't apply to shoaib akhtar...you live by the sword, you die by it.
Stop being judgmental ok? Not everyone that doesn't follow your religious values deserve to suffer.

Having multiple sex partners do not make a person immoral/bad. He didn't do anything illegal there.

And you don't need to have multiple sex partners to get STD, you just need a wrong partner. Given the prevalence of HPV, chances are high that anyone can get it.

anyways, there is no point of arguing with you about this - you will grow up one day.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old May 22, 2009, 05:41 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 24,922

Since you guys are talking about multiple sex partners....don't forget to mention that the fact that the fact Islam gives hi5 to being polygamous actually promotes the risk of having STDs eventhough I am not a master of contraceptive (here we go, out comes rojobda to rub it in me, why i am not).
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old May 22, 2009, 07:17 PM
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 6,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Since you guys are talking about multiple sex partners....don't forget to mention that the fact that the fact Islam gives hi5 to being polygamous actually promotes the risk of having STDs eventhough I am not a master of contraceptive (here we go, out comes rojobda to rub it in me, why i am not).
Lol, bro; don't let me start on this. Your statements contain serious misconception and an invalid ''fact''....So I guess you're just joking around........but still, just to clear. Islam only allows polygyny, but not polyandry, and that also under strictest of rulings. And medically speaking, polygyny itself promotes no risk of STDs, given that other relevant areas of Islam is maintained; like doing no ''stuff'' outside marriage .

And joking around on religions is just not acceptable. This is a cricket thread, so kindly keep the contents relevant; at least don't just jump on religions for GOD'S SAKE.
__________________
Man is here.

Last edited by Purbasha T; May 22, 2009 at 07:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old May 22, 2009, 07:23 PM
Orpheus's Avatar
Orpheus Orpheus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 25, 2002
Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Islam only allows polygyny, but not polyandry, and that also under strictest of rulings. And medically speaking, polygyny promotes no risk of STDs, given that other relevant areas of Islam is maintained; like doing no ''stuff'' outside marriage .
I think you need to think through your logic again. LOL!!

only relevant part here is no hanky panky outside marriage : otherwise poly-ginni or poly-zamai makes no difference does it?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 22, 2009, 07:23 PM
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 6,983

Oh, saaad! He should've been in the WC. And well, as I personally don't know him; I would not comment on this. But if PCB has publicised it without Shoaib's consent, then that was really unfair and stupid.
__________________
Man is here.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 22, 2009, 07:26 PM
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 6,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
I think you need to think through your logic again. LOL!!

only relevant part here is no hanky panky outside marriage : otherwise poly-ginni or poly-zamai makes no difference does it?
Well, I was replying to Gopal Bhar's post. So I guess you need to go through his post again.
__________________
Man is here.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 22, 2009, 07:27 PM
Sovik's Avatar
Sovik Sovik is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 17, 2005
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara
Posts: 9,241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
Yes it is a STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) and a bad one. And please dont google it if you dont want to spoil your day. Its really nasty.
its little late for that.
__________________
All I know about boxing is never bet on the white guy. - Frank Drebin
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 22, 2009, 07:33 PM
Orpheus's Avatar
Orpheus Orpheus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 25, 2002
Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Well, I was replying to Gopal Bhar's post. So I guess you need to go through his post again.
No I don't! If your post is logically fallible by itself - then it would be logically fallible as a reply to whatever.

Basically you can't make stuff up to reply someone, it has to stand on its own also.

btw, this only be my last post on anything religion -but Gopal is still right. Because the women you are marrying maybe divorced for whatever reason (husband cheating lol)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 22, 2009, 07:49 PM
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 6,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Because the women you are marrying maybe divorced for whatever reason (husband cheating lol)
Well, ye that is a possbible case, but I can't see how that opposes my views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Basically you can't make stuff up to reply someone, it has to stand on its own also.
I can't see either what exactly the 'stuff' is that I made up.
__________________
Man is here.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 22, 2009, 08:11 PM
Orpheus's Avatar
Orpheus Orpheus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 25, 2002
Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Well, ye that is a possbible case, but I can't see how that opposes my views.
there are a lot of things you don't see. If you did, I wouldn't be in this thread talking to you now. I will re-quote you:

Quote:
1. Islam only allows polygyny, but not polyandry, and that also under strictest of rulings. 2. And medically speaking, polygyny promotes no risk of STDs
Your statement implies that since "medically speaking" (yes you are the voice of medicine) - polygyny promotes no risk of STDs - Islam is right in allowing polygyny. You also mentioned Islam do not allow polyandry. And since you haven't mentioned anything medically relevant to it, you inferred that polyandry somehow increases risk of STDs and hence Islam is right in banning it. If you didn't infer that, then there was no need for you to write statement 2.

In short, Islam's stance on polygyny (allowing it) and polyandry (not allowing it) really has no relevance medically eventhough you tried to establish one. Is that clear?

what makes it worse for you is that this was your reply to gopal's assertion that by allowing polygyny Islam promotes STDs... your defence of Islam is that "it doesn't allow polyandry" as if polyandry promotes STDs. I am just repeating myself now - so you can see the falacies of your argument.

I don't think you can come up with any reply to my post now to make me write more. SO good bye.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 22, 2009, 10:08 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: Chicago
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus

Having multiple sex partners do not make a person immoral/bad. He didn't do anything illegal there.
fair enough, but you contradicted yourself...implying that illegal actions make one immoral/bad.

doesn't morality and law have the same origin (i.e thought up by old bearded men)?
__________________
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 22, 2009, 10:10 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: Chicago
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Since you guys are talking about multiple sex partners....don't forget to mention that the fact that the fact Islam gives hi5 to being polygamous actually promotes the risk of having STDs eventhough I am not a master of contraceptive (here we go, out comes rojobda to rub it in me, why i am not).
well obviously if the people in the plural marriage already have STDs, which they most probably won't have if they've waited till marriage. you could conceivably get a spontaneously STD, but then it wouldn't be sexually transmitted in that case.

bottom line is shoaib is an arrogant idiot, and nothing happens to people except what they bring on themselves.

i wonder why umar gul wasn't dropped under the guise of genital warts???
__________________
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 22, 2009, 10:19 PM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,254

Lawl.

Ahh that Shoaib.
__________________
Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow

- Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old May 22, 2009, 10:32 PM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 21,255

good for cricket that he is out.

also pakistan should be banned for 25 years from cricket like SA had a ban
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 22, 2009, 11:02 PM
Orpheus's Avatar
Orpheus Orpheus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 25, 2002
Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
fair enough, but you contradicted yourself...implying that illegal actions make one immoral/bad.

doesn't morality and law have the same origin (i.e thought up by old bearded men)?
I didn't contradict myself because I never implied illegal actions make one immoral. What I implied was that he didn't do anything illegal that it is any of your/our/PCB's business. Taking elicit drugs is illegal (but morally neutral). So, doping should be everyone's concern because he is breaking the fair play rule. But him having warts is nobody's business but his own.

And not all immoral act deserve punishment. What you said about Shoaib deserving warts is immoral but you shouldn't get herpes for that.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 23, 2009, 12:26 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,456

i am very curius if he is treated like this in this Duniya, thn how much more humiliation can the man handle in the afterlife? :scary thought:
__________________
"Ya Allah, give me eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad and a soul that never loses faith."
-from facebook Group "Alhamdulillah for Everything"
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old May 23, 2009, 02:20 AM
Antora's Avatar
Antora Antora is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 28, 2007
Location: melbourne, Australia
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib
Posts: 8,806

umm...
what happened to people respecting other people's privacy...?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old May 23, 2009, 05:56 AM
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 6,983

Quote:
I don't think you can come up with any reply to my post now to make me write more. SO good bye.
Ooops! Sorry to prove you wrong, but here I come again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
there are a lot of things you don't see. If you did, I wouldn't be in this thread talking to you now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
what makes it worse for you is that this was your reply to gopal's assertion that by allowing polygyny Islam promotes STDs... your defence of Islam is that "it doesn't allow polyandry" as if polyandry promotes STDs. I am just repeating myself now - so you can see the falacies of your argument.
Ok basically I was opposing two of the statements Gopal Bhar made.

1. Islam allows 'something' called ''polygamy''

Therefore to correct first of his statement (which he took to be as a fact, which it isn't), I said that what Islam allows is not necessarily polygamy, but polygyny. And just to clear, I mentioned the other classification of polygamy too, which is polyandry. (And I expected him to know what both means, so I didn't break it down)

2. And that 'something' promotes STDs

To oppose this, I said that the 'something' that Islam allows (which is polygyny) doesn't itself promote STDs unless other factors are involved; like Al-Furqaan bro said above that like one of the persons married already having STDs.

So Gopal Bhar was saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
the fact that the fact Islam gives hi5 to being polygamous actually promotes the risk of having STDs eventhough I am not a master of contraceptive (here we go, out comes rojobda to rub it in me, why i am not).
that - Islam allows something that promotes STDs.
And I opposed it by saying - Islam allows something that doesn't promote STDs. (But I didn't go on to say - Islam doesn't allow anything that promotes STDs; in that case I would've had to talk about polyandry)

Shall I say Goodbye now? or wait for a little while more?
__________________
Man is here.

Last edited by Purbasha T; May 23, 2009 at 06:14 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old May 23, 2009, 06:10 AM
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 6,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
why would anyone want to sleep with him especially after this revelation?

wouldn't u want such info to be made public, so your daughter isn't caught up in allure and winds up getting burned? i'm sure anyone would.

when ur a pro athlete, or any other sort of person in the public eye, you lose some of your privacy. i'm not justifying this violation of HEPA standards, but lets look at it this way, a reason has to be given for why he's been omitted. basically the brother shouldn't have effed around. he's gonna have to lie in the bed that he made, no pun intended.

once again, shoaib's ability to self destruct shows no bounds.
Bhai! Ki din ailo je our daughters have to run away from Shoaib Akhtar only becuase he got STDs but not because of all the moral teachings we've been giving them since
__________________
Man is here.

Last edited by Purbasha T; May 23, 2009 at 06:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old May 23, 2009, 10:14 AM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo
Posts: 21,349

Ooh thank you Orpheus bhai, so I won't get genital worts by touching frogs and toads...good! Thank Allah!
__________________
Mama, the Chudurbhudur will continue till kingdom come!!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old May 23, 2009, 10:21 AM
Orpheus's Avatar
Orpheus Orpheus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 25, 2002
Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T

And I opposed it by saying - Islam allows something that doesn't promote STDs. (But I didn't go on to say - Islam doesn't allow anything that promotes STDs; in that case I would've had to talk about polyandry)

Shall I say Goodbye now? or wait for a little while more?
It took you 1 day to come with the same garbage that you said before? You still don't get it do you? It doesn't matter what Islam allows or not - your whole premise is WRONG (that's why i said stop making things up or atleast think things through before typing). Poly-whatever increases risk of contracting a transmitted disease. Period. I am not fighting with you about Islam (if anything, I think Gopal is DEAD wrong), I was trying to point you your faulty reasoning.

why don't you just admit that your reasoning was wrong and thank me for pointing it out instead of trying so hard to defend something so dumb?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old May 23, 2009, 10:22 AM
Orpheus's Avatar
Orpheus Orpheus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 25, 2002
Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Ooh thank you Orpheus bhai, so I won't get genital worts by touching frogs and toads...good! Thank Allah!
if you touch them with your genitals, the frogs might get warts though - so be careful. :P
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old May 23, 2009, 12:02 PM
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 6,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
It took you 1 day to come with the same garbage that you said before? You still don't get it do you? It doesn't matter what Islam allows or not - your whole premise is WRONG (that's why i said stop making things up or atleast think things through before typing). Poly-whatever increases risk of contracting a transmitted disease. Period. I am not fighting with you about Islam (if anything, I think Gopal is DEAD wrong), I was trying to point you your faulty reasoning.

why don't you just admit that your reasoning was wrong and thank me for pointing it out instead of trying so hard to defend something so dumb?
Are you sure you can understand what you read? I'm not sure.
__________________
Man is here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket