facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 3, 2009, 04:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I had one of my best days when we beat India in WC 2007.......now, another chance to have that day back again.......Can't wait......

Go Tigers!!! Play fearless cricket and Make us Proud......We are always with you whatever happens. Good Luck!!!

Old June 3, 2009, 04:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Redard the bauldami, win the match, simple math.

Jauy Bangla, Bangladesh Zindabad
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 3, 2009, 04:34 AM
Banned

If we win this match against India....We will play semi-final... Guarantee....Go Bangladesh
Old June 3, 2009, 06:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Hoping to see more than 1000 active users in this thread on 6th June. BTW 6th is my parents' marriage day too though both of them passed away.
Old June 3, 2009, 06:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Expectation from fans is getting higher and higher..........
Old June 3, 2009, 06:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

One more time, lets roar
One more time, lets show them who we really are
one more time, lets kick them back to them places
One last time,let them call us minnows,
One more time lets win it!!! JOY BANGLA/Bangladesh Jindabad.
Old June 3, 2009, 07:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Ind Cric Forum: BD-SL Match

Ashraful smashes the ball through covers
Bangla are fun to watch, I can see India's bowlers getting hammered, I think Ojha would be handy vs them
Ojha who??
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old June 3, 2009, 07:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid
Thumbs up Shakib's moving on up.

Shakib revealed after Tuesday's narrow defeat to Sri Lanka, during which he returned figures of 2-18 and hit a quickfire 23, that he is considering an offer to play for an English county.
"I have an English agent and he is negotiating with a county club," explained Shakib, "so hopefully if I get the chance I will play for a county. I can't tell you exactly what is going on at the moment but negotiations are ongoing."
The 22-year-old is currently ranked the number one all-rounder in one-day internationals but remains modest over whether he can translate that form into the shorter game.
"This is a new format for me," he said. "I've done well in ODIs but I don't know a lot about Twenty20. I did well in the warm-ups so my confidence will be high and I'm looking for a treat."
As well as his efforts against Sri Lanka at Trent Bridge, Shakib struck 54 off 29 balls at the same venue on Monday against Australia.
He remains coy as to whether further success could lead to an Indian Premier League contract in the future, having seen two of his compatriots (Mohammad Ashraful and Mashrafe Mortaza ) feature in the last tournament.
"I think you should ask the IPL committee!," joked Shakib. "I didn't expect to get the chance so if I get it in the future that will be a bonus."
Shakib believes his team should go into their opening match, against India at Trent Bridge on Saturday, in good spirits after showing up well during their warm-up matches.
"Preparation has gone very well," Shakib stated. "We have defeated two teams [Scotland and Netherlands] who are below us [in the rankings] and did very well against teams like New Zealand, Australia and Sri Lanka. We posed them all problems, the matches were very close and those are positives we can take into the tournament proper."
Old June 3, 2009, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

County would be so much better to develop his cricket skill, I hope its not a minor county.
Old June 3, 2009, 08:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
County would be so much better to develop his cricket skill, I hope its not a minor county.
Minor country? no way...i will suggest him to play with BC member instead of playing in minor country league.
Old June 3, 2009, 08:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Sakib became an aggressive batsman in the past 1 year or so...good to see
Old June 3, 2009, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Good work Shakib, he deserves it
Old June 3, 2009, 08:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

গত কয়েকটি ম্যাচ থ্রেডে ওবায়েদ ভাই মনে হয় রুটিন কাজ করে গিয়েছেন...প্র্যাকট স ম্যাচ...তবে আজকেরটি বলতেই হয় টাচ অব ক্লাস...এখনই বিসির চারিদিকে যে রকম উত্তাপ অনুভব করা যাচ্ছে...কেমন জানি আগুনঝরা প্রহর বয়ে যাচ্ছে...।

আসিফ ভাইয়ের সুরে সুর মিলিয়েঃ "মার আশরাফুইল্লা মার"
Old June 3, 2009, 08:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo

Ji bhais, BC-te shobai khub uttejito ekhon!
Old June 3, 2009, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by series
Shakib revealed after Tuesday's narrow defeat to Sri Lanka, during which he returned figures of 2-18 and hit a quickfire 23, that he is considering an offer to play for an English county.
"I have an English agent and he is negotiating with a county club," explained Shakib, "so hopefully if I get the chance I will play for a county. I can't tell you exactly what is going on at the moment but negotiations are ongoing."
The 22-year-old is currently ranked the number one all-rounder in one-day internationals but remains modest over whether he can translate that form into the shorter game.
"This is a new format for me," he said. "I've done well in ODIs but I don't know a lot about Twenty20. I did well in the warm-ups so my confidence will be high and I'm looking for a treat."
As well as his efforts against Sri Lanka at Trent Bridge, Shakib struck 54 off 29 balls at the same venue on Monday against Australia.
He remains coy as to whether further success could lead to an Indian Premier League contract in the future, having seen two of his compatriots (Mohammad Ashraful and Mashrafe Mortaza ) feature in the last tournament.
"I think you should ask the IPL committee!," joked Shakib. "I didn't expect to get the chance so if I get it in the future that will be a bonus."
Shakib believes his team should go into their opening match, against India at Trent Bridge on Saturday, in good spirits after showing up well during their warm-up matches.
"Preparation has gone very well," Shakib stated. "We have defeated two teams [Scotland and Netherlands] who are below us [in the rankings] and did very well against teams like New Zealand, Australia and Sri Lanka. We posed them all problems, the matches were very close and those are positives we can take into the tournament proper."
Wow !!! Great news !!!

Just the perfect booster for Shakib to make the tourney of his own. He deserves a spot in the county cricket. He has the quality with both bat and ball. I'm sure he is gonna play for a major county team. He should not worry for the pain league. It will come to his feet next season.

Good luck Shakib... u r the man for Bangladesh.
Old June 3, 2009, 09:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Hoping to see more than 1000 active users in this thread on 6th June. BTW 6th is my parents' marriage day too though both of them passed away.
I feel sorry for u brother.
Old June 3, 2009, 10:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Most of you may have read it all ready but those who haven't here is what Cricinfo has to say:
The perfect format for Bangladesh
Jamie Alter
June 2, 2009

Shakib Al Hasan, just 22, is already a senior player © Getty Images

Related Links
Player/Officials: Mohammad Ashraful | Shakib Al Hasan | Tamim Iqbal
Series/Tournaments: ICC World Twenty20
Teams: Bangladesh

It is in Twenty20 that Bangladesh are the most dangerous - just ask West Indies - because they have aggressive players best equipped to deliver in bursts. A nine-ball 21 or a 22-ball 47 can be devastating in this format, and that's one of the strengths of this side.

Their biggest test beyond the pool stage is how they hold their nerve. The volatile nature of the batsmen means that if they don't belt the cover off the ball at the start, they are unsure over how to approach a run-chase. Often it comes down to a pair of batsmen to resurrect the innings and that's where the uncertainty between attacking or nursing the strike can seriously hamper Bangladesh.

Overall Bangladesh's statistics aren't impressive. They've only played ten Twenty20 games, winning three, but they've competed in most every game. Their most famous win came against West Indies in the 2007 edition of this tournament, when their most trigger-happy batsmen, Mohammad Ashraful and Aftab Ahmed, knocked West Indies out in a vicious manner.
The selectors have again invested in youth and Bangladesh are easily the best of the non-seeded sides and should make the final eight, given that Ireland are far less experienced. Perhaps more than winning this tournament, the selectors have looked at players who can bring results for the future. They have included two teenagers in the squad - a brave move - and the hope will be that a young outfit expresses itself at the highest level. It would be foolish to write them off.

Strengths
In a game that demands athleticism and daring batting, Bangladesh have talented players. Rarely inclined to pace their innings, Tamim Iqbal and Ashraful can decimate bowling attacks. Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim have learnt to adjust their game to pressure situations, and as a unit Bangladesh's top order has the capacity to render attacks helpless with slogs, whips, hooks and drag-flicks. The left-arm spin attack of Abdur Razzak and Shakib Al Hasan can stem the runs in the middle overs, while Naeem Islam and Mahmudullah offer handy slow-bowling options.

Weaknesses
The batting can too often be hotheaded and the pace bowlers - the outstandingly talented Mashrafe Mortaza included - have a tendency to lose it in the face of adversity. In one warm-up against Australia Tamim and Junaid Siddique thumped Nathan Bracken and Brett Lee in their opening overs only to capitulate later. The pace attack is inexperienced so Mortaza will once more be expected to lead. If he cannot - and it's very difficult to come back from a bad over in Twenty20 - that puts far too much pressure on the slow bowlers.

X-Factor
One of the surprising omissions from the IPL auction, Shakib Al Hasan is a player suited to this format because he can rebuild and outright attack. Plus he's an excellent left-arm spinner and handy fielder. Shakib has the ability to make the difference between an average score and a good one in this format.

Key player
Tamim Iqbal's audacious half-century against India in the 2007 World Cup displayed talent and nerve and is one of the most famous innings by a Bangladesh batsman. He's yet to cross fifty in international Twenty20s yet possesses enough talent to disturb new-ball attacks, as Australia found out in Nottingham this week. Tamim's got all the shots in the book but unfortunately for Bangladesh, just hasn't been able to display them for an extended period in this format. This summer could be a turning point in his career.

Twenty20 form guide
Out of cricket for a while, and not helped by the fact that Pakistan's tour was cancelled, Bangladesh could find themselves rusty going into the tournament. They've won only one of their last six Twenty20s, though their last defeat against South Africa wasn't by a big margin at all.
Squad: Mohammad Ashraful (capt), Abdur Razzak, Junaid Siddique, Mahmudullah, Mashrafe Mortaza, Mithun Ali, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Naeem Islam, Raqibul Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Shahadat Hossain, Shamsur Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan, Syed Rasel, Tamim Iqbal.

Jamie Alter is a senior sub-editor at Cricinfo
Old June 3, 2009, 11:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

India's Strategy against Bangladesh !!!!

Dhoni may prefer two spinners for T20 WC

Two spinners seems to be Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni's choice for the ICC World Twenty20 matches if his team selection for the warm-up game against New Zealand is any indication.

Both Harbhajan Singh and Pragyan Ojha were allowed to bowl their maximum overs and it also wasn't too difficult to gauge who would be his fast-bowling options after yesterday's game.

Among the seven bowlers used, RP Singh, Ishant Sharma and Irfan Pathan bowled 10 overs between them. Put into mix with Harbhajan and Ojha's eight overs, it made for 18 of 20 overs between these five men, most likely India's bowling line-up in the first game against Bangladesh at Trent Bridge on Saturday.

With Zaheer Khan almost certain to miss the opening game, it's time for methodical Dhoni to pick up his best men for the party.Spinners increasingly have taken Dhoni's fancy and not without reason as he saw and shaped from close quarters the success of off-spinner Suresh Raina and Shadab Jakati for his Chennai Super Kings in the recent IPL.
Old June 3, 2009, 11:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
meh

Good Compilation but spoiled with too much music !
Old June 3, 2009, 11:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Nice reading Rabz bhai and also asdda.
There is a huge possibility of Bangladesh to be the dark horse oh the tourney.
Tamim needs to stay at least 8 to 10 overs. If he can we would be able to post such a target (if batting first) India won't be able to cross.
Old June 3, 2009, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Mozart of cricket !! lol..more like 50 Cent of cricket - violent, hot for sometime, and then disappear into the night..
Old June 3, 2009, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

india getting killed by pakistan
Old June 3, 2009, 11:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
india getting killed by pakistan
no man pak are 45/4
Old June 3, 2009, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend