facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 2, 2009, 12:59 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,109
BDFlag i think i have a new hero...

never used that word before to describe a cricket, but rubel deserves it, based purely on raw potential. he seems to be learning and actually developing. consistently hitting 90 mph was something i always thought to be beyond the genetically-based capablities of a bangladeshi fast bowler. but he proved me wrong.

against sri lanka/zimbabwe 6 months ago he was a 135+ bowler, and now he's a 140-148 bowler. thats a lot of pace to have been added in just 6 months. if he bowl at that pace for 10 years, he does NOT need to add anymore. it doesn't matter what cricinfo says, rubel is the first "right arm fast" we've unearthed, and if he keeps it up and can touch 150 on occaision - unlike ishant sharma - then he will also be our first legit "express".

but i am pleased with a guy who can touch 148, thats fast enough. with yorkers, reverse swing (crucial for test cricket), and a good slower delivery he is chalk full of potential.

long live mohammad rubel hossain, and may the blessings of the Lord be with him always!

PS: he bowled a wicket maiden today in a 20-20 match...hows that for progress?

PSS: i can't wait to see what the pakpassion and ICF crowd are saying about this
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:04 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703

__________________
হোঁচট খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবুও হার মানিনি। বাঁধা এসেছে বারবার, তবুও থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকুন... ইনশাল্লাহ আল্লাহ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:04 PM
revolver revolver is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 13, 2009
Posts: 5,650

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
never used that word before to describe a cricket, but rubel deserves it, based purely on raw potential. he seems to be learning and actually developing. consistently hitting 90 mph was something i always thought to be beyond the genetically-based capablities of a bangladeshi fast bowler. but he proved me wrong.

against sri lanka/zimbabwe 6 months ago he was a 135+ bowler, and now he's a 140-148 bowler. thats a lot of pace to have been added in just 6 months. if he bowl at that pace for 10 years, he does NOT need to add anymore. it doesn't matter what cricinfo says, rubel is the first "right arm fast" we've unearthed, and if he keeps it up and can touch 150 on occaision - unlike ishant sharma - then he will also be our first legit "express".

but i am pleased with a guy who can touch 148, thats fast enough. with yorkers, reverse swing (crucial for test cricket), and a good slower delivery he is chalk full of potential.

long live mohammad rubel hossain, and may the blessings of the Lord be with him always!

PS: he bowled a wicket maiden today in a 20-20 match...hows that for progress?

PSS: i can't wait to see what the pakpassion and ICF crowd are saying about this
does he really bowl at 90mph
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:05 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
does he really bowl at 90mph
He done it 2day.he bowled 92MPH which is 148KPH
__________________
হোঁচট খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবুও হার মানিনি। বাঁধা এসেছে বারবার, তবুও থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকুন... ইনশাল্লাহ আল্লাহ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:09 PM
revolver revolver is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 13, 2009
Posts: 5,650

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
He done it 2day.he bowled 92MPH which is 148KPH
impressive
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:19 PM
Omio's Avatar
Omio Omio is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 25, 2006
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me
Posts: 4,428

I am waiting for Rubel test debut, It will be interesting to see his short delivery on test matches. I think he deserves test debut of our next test match, I dont wanna see that our selector r saying that - He is too young..bla bla.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:19 PM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,542

Rubel was impressive today. He is learning real quick and is certainly a mouth watering prospect for us.

What he seriously needs to do is to bulk up a bit. A few more kilos on that body, esp a broader shoulder would take him to great lengths in the coming years.

I'm sure the team physio is already looking into the matter and in next couple of years, we might have a good fast bowler in our hand.

Shahadat er bhat partase arki.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:31 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omio
I am waiting for Rubel test debut, It will be interesting to see his short delivery on test matches. I think he deserves test debut of our next test match, I dont wanna see that our selector r saying that - He is too young..bla bla.
I'm sure he will have a dream debut in test match against West Indies next month
__________________
হোঁচট খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবুও হার মানিনি। বাঁধা এসেছে বারবার, তবুও থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকুন... ইনশাল্লাহ আল্লাহ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:36 PM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 5,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
does he really bowl at 90mph
He his 90mph several times.

He hit 148K, he's faster than anyone other bowler from the whole of the subcontinent.

He's only 19 as well, and his frame could do with a bit more muscle.

He'll get even more pace.
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:36 PM
bd-omi bd-omi is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 29, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Rubel was impressive today. He is learning real quick and is certainly a mouth watering prospect for us.

What he seriously needs to do is to bulk up a bit. A few more kilos on that body, esp a broader shoulder would take him to great lengths in the coming years.

I'm sure the team physio is already looking into the matter and in next couple of years, we might have a good fast bowler in our hand.

Shahadat er bhat partase arki.
C'mon bro, officially Rubel is only a 19 yr old teen. Give him a couple of years, he will surely hit the deck constantly over 90mph. Now I understand why Ramanayke was so elated about his favorite student.
On the other hand remember how he was slaughtered in PCL. He really needs to bowl well in our home condition coz it is the place where he will be bowling most of the time.

Best of wishes to RUBEL........
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:38 PM
nizzle nizzle is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 26, 2009
Location: MANCHESTER
Favorite Player: ME
Posts: 579

the commentators we're really praising his action saying it was a perfect action comparing it to malingas
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:38 PM
rashed411 rashed411 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 8, 2008
Location: Sylhet
Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,744

some quotes from SL forum
Quote:
Banga got a bolwer that bowls 148K...WTF
Quote:
wow this Rubel s fastest is 148.. thats faster than Malinga 's even these days! very impressive
Quote:
Only 19 as well...
Quote:
this rubel guy has a slingy action.
http://www.slcricket.com/index.php?topic=23387.210
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:39 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703





The Village Gangster
__________________
হোঁচট খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবুও হার মানিনি। বাঁধা এসেছে বারবার, তবুও থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকুন... ইনশাল্লাহ আল্লাহ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:42 PM
BanCricFan BanCricFan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 29, 2005
Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul
Posts: 10,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Shahadat er bhat partase arki.

Shahadat still remains a good Test match bowler! He is simply not made for ODIs or T20s. We could have a 70s Windies like pace attack in Test matches in favourable condition...Mash, Sharapova, Rubel and Rasel (in England or New Zealand). Talha, Shuvashish and others can compete for a slot!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:43 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzle
the commentators we're really praising his action saying it was a perfect action comparing it to malingas
GD to hear.....I'm sure he will be better than malinga.Go Rubel
__________________
হোঁচট খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবুও হার মানিনি। বাঁধা এসেছে বারবার, তবুও থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকুন... ইনশাল্লাহ আল্লাহ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:44 PM
bd-omi bd-omi is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 29, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
He his 90mph several times.

He hit 148K, he's faster than anyone other bowler from the whole of the subcontinent.

He's only 19 as well, and his frame could do with a bit more muscle.

He'll get even more pace.

Isn't it a bit of overstatement bro? Johnson hits even more than 93mph and there is also the likes of Malinga, Lee, Ishant, Fidel.......etc
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:45 PM
nizzle nizzle is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 26, 2009
Location: MANCHESTER
Favorite Player: ME
Posts: 579

lol they also said that our team improved and one guy said that "did we just play bangladesh or india it was real close"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:45 PM
imran78's Avatar
imran78 imran78 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 11, 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,174

I was really impressed with his bowling today. Hope he can keep it up. We badly need a strike bowler who can get us breakthroughs with raw pace.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:50 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,409

Shebag raw pace'r nam shunlai sick call koray. UV, Toni becomes pok pok pok. Unleash the beast.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:52 PM
rashed411 rashed411 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 8, 2008
Location: Sylhet
Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,744

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd-omi

Isn't it a bit of overstatement bro? Johnson hits even more than 93mph and there is also the likes of Malinga, Lee, Ishant, Fidel.......etc
he said faster than everyone in the subcontinent... that includes Malinga, and Ishant but Rubel is faster than them.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:55 PM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 5,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd-omi

Isn't it a bit of overstatement bro? Johnson hits even more than 93mph and there is also the likes of Lee.......etc
Last I checked they were australian
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''

Last edited by Nafi; June 2, 2009 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old June 2, 2009, 01:56 PM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 5,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Shahadat still remains a good Test match bowler! He is simply not made for ODIs or T20s. We could have a 70s Windies like pace attack in Test matches in favourable condition...Mash, Sharapova, Rubel and Rasel (in England or New Zealand). Talha, Shuvashish and others can compete for a slot!
Dont forget Robin, that guy is still a great test prospect.

Our best test seam attack on a seaming pitch

Would be Rubel, Mortaza, Shahadat, Robin.
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old June 2, 2009, 02:03 PM
rashed411 rashed411 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: October 8, 2008
Location: Sylhet
Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain
Posts: 1,744

i just hope this guy doesn't smoke.. smoking can really screw up his future.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old June 2, 2009, 02:03 PM
bd-omi bd-omi is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 29, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Lat I checked they were australian
Lol.....sorry bro i missed dat subcontinent part. Crappy, i know.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old June 2, 2009, 02:05 PM
Omio's Avatar
Omio Omio is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 25, 2006
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me
Posts: 4,428

He must have a nick name for BCr,
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket