facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 8, 2009, 02:57 PM
Banned

Default Solution - Change of mindset

What's the solution for BD? Get more talent players , change coach, change captain.
NO - If a company fails again and again going near win who gets the first shot ... Yes CEO.
the selectors of BD are pathetic. We have to start form the TOP. See Australia cricket, they have the best selectors. After replacing selectors, there comes the main thing which makes difference between a winner and wannabe. What's that difference?

MINDSET

"It doesnt matter how much you know, it's the thinking that guides you to become successful in life"
- David Schwartz (From my all time Favorite book -Magic of thinking BIG)

I have seen many friends scoring really high marks in skool and uni but in real life they dont make it why? attitude. I had a genius friend who came up with 100 different reasons "why one can't do it" instead of "why one can". I used to feel very negative in his presence and tried to avoid him.

Why did Srilanka become great even though we are of same Dravidian race while Bd has bunch of wimps? Answer again comes in belief, Srilankans I have met are confident naturally and are much more alpha than Bengalis. Recently I have been to Dubai and went to festival, there was a HUGE India stall, beautiful Pakistan stall, majectic looking SriLanka stall but lo behold where was BD stall? Remember there are more than 4 million bengalis living in Gulf. I went and asked the organisers they shrugged off saying "Bengali products werent making money". If they treat themselves **** who is going to respect them.

My basic point of this post is this. No matter how much talent you have one can become successful only how much belief one has. Reading post match interview of Siddons I can see that the players after losing some wickets think "Holy $hit we are going to lose!!!"
instead of "If we go down let's give them hell!" it shows in body language which only few of our players have it. They wimp under pressure. From TIGERS they become SISSIES.

Shakib
- yes he recently has done bad living with pussies but I have seen the FIRE, PASSION & DESIRE to win many times. He has the belief.

Alok Kapali - I have seen his body language and the batting style in ICL he can take pressure and most important , think under pressure.

Mashrafe - He gets in and out of state. He looses his cool sometimes but has it in him.

Dhiman - I have seen him possessing good body language but his attitude is bad cos of bias of BC selectors towards MAJOR SISSY Musfiq.

Razzak - He tries his best when under pressure but often gets beaten.

ASHraful - Our team is young team and they look up to the leader , they NEED direction, asraful becomes ashrafool under pressure, He is King of SISSIES and has to go!

Aftab - carbon copy of Ashraful , sorry guys he cant think under pressure and screws up playing same shot under pressure.

S Nafees - NO he aint captain material. During DW vs Lahore badshahs, he was playing the same shot selection, didnt touch the ball even though the ball was following same f*** trajectory. He tried 5 freaking times and 5 dot balls. He looked as if he needed oxygen to breathe. Sorry u aint a leader material.

Other than these five sorry what ever u say others just dont have in them and getting that world cup will just be a dream unless we can come up with players with "WINNER" mindset.

Last edited by Crickey; June 11, 2009 at 11:36 AM..

Old June 8, 2009, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

JS should stop giving them physical training, they need mental training to cope under pressure. Until then you will see BD keep losing to small team all the time.
Old June 8, 2009, 04:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Nice post by Crickey
Old June 8, 2009, 04:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

actually aussie selectors can be stupid at times as well, cameron white is by no means an allrounder yet they play him as one (he shouldn't be in national squads), hodge is one of the best t20 batsmen around and wasn't even selected for the tournament.
Old June 9, 2009, 03:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
actually aussie selectors can be stupid at times as well, cameron white is by no means an allrounder yet they play him as one (he shouldn't be in national squads), hodge is one of the best t20 batsmen around and wasn't even selected for the tournament.
They try experimenting with one or two players. More than HALF of our players are guinea pigs committing the same mistakes under pressure. DUMP them if they doing tis consistently.

Musfiq isnt build for wicket keeper. His reflexes are slow. He is trying his level best but he doesnt have in him. If BD had rugby team the selectors wouldnt hesitate to send Musfiq in.... such losers.

It is time BD demand change in selectors and strictly adopt principles of differentiation.
Change captain, Ashraful cant take pressure anymore he has been burnt and his performances have been falling. Change must be adopted.
Old June 9, 2009, 11:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickey

Alok Kapali - I have seen his body language and the batting style in ICL he can take pressure and most important , think under pressure.
All your good work is undone when Kopali can take pressure. Againest the best bowling what was his score. All other bowlers are galli cricketers.

Quote:
Dhiman - I have seen him possessing good body language but his attitude is bad cos of bias of BC selectors towards MAJOR PUSSY Musfiq.
When was he treated badly? He was the numero one when he thought that he had done enough for Bangladesh (It was in Bangla and on live TV; so nothing to be lost in translation or journalistic twist). The day he is in Bangladesh national team I would start supporting Bangladesh Cricket Team.
Old June 10, 2009, 02:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Good Thinking............. But we have to wait to have proper mindset. Only 9 years is not enough to build a mindset.
Old June 10, 2009, 03:28 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

good post.
Old June 10, 2009, 04:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfaze
Good Thinking............. But we have to wait to have proper mindset. Only 9 years is not enough to build a mindset.
how long do u want?

u dont wait for it to happen. u have to make it happen.

Last edited by raf-stah; June 10, 2009 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: adding material
Old June 10, 2009, 04:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Gotta Set the right minds first, who shapes the minds of our cricketers.
Old June 10, 2009, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf-stah
how long do u want?

Do we have a selector who played more than 50 test matches and more than 150 ODI. This is the main problem. When a nation started a complete new thing, u must provide them time.

When Ashraful/Mashrafee or Shakib will be on selection committee than we will be in a position of India or Pakistan or a complete test team. you can dream higher but practically it is very tough. After playing only 9 years in test arena, u want to fight a nation who is playing for last 50 years. It is not possible.

Beating to Ireland is nothing but over confident and lack of experience. Bangladesh cricket team is basically still in a position of learning. They will be, because we dont have a single player who played 50 test matches. When you play the 50th one than 51st test match is a new experience for us.

Dont blame national cricketers only, because our board is not also experienced enough. How do they know what should be done when u win a test series in Australia. They dont have even experience of winning against Australia in home soil.

Another thing those ICL cricketers are also played in BD team. Whom do you want to tell better than present team Kapali, S. Nafees or Aftab? Everyone has got same problems as our present team have.
Old June 10, 2009, 05:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

I am willing to forgive the whole BD team for this T20 debacle but only if they win a test match against the Windies...
Old June 10, 2009, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
I am willing to forgive the whole BD team for this T20 debacle but only if they win a test match against the Windies...
Possible but very Tough............Some fans of BC suggested for Psychologist. It is true. We may need. If Bangladeshi players can forget everything and start everything from beggining, we atleast manage to get draw.
Old June 10, 2009, 05:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfaze
Do we have a selector who played more than 50 test matches and more than 150 ODI. This is the main problem. When a nation started a complete new thing, u must provide them time.

When Ashraful/Mashrafee or Shakib will be on selection committee than we will be in a position of India or Pakistan or a complete test team. you can dream higher but practically it is very tough. After playing only 9 years in test arena, u want to fight a nation who is playing for last 50 years. It is not possible.

Beating to Ireland is nothing but over confident and lack of experience. Bangladesh cricket team is basically still in a position of learning. They will be, because we dont have a single player who played 50 test matches. When you play the 50th one than 51st test match is a new experience for us.

Dont blame national cricketers only, because our board is not also experienced enough. How do they know what should be done when u win a test series in Australia. They dont have even experience of winning against Australia in home soil.

Another thing those ICL cricketers are also played in BD team. Whom do you want to tell better than present team Kapali, S. Nafees or Aftab? Everyone has got same problems as our present team have.
started a completely new thing? cricket is still new for us? i understand ur point about selectors, but in all honesty, it dosnt take a genious to pik 11 players that are most likely to win us a match. simple- u pik players that are suited to the match, and can liv upto his role. u dont need 50 tests or wateva matches of experience to know that.

learning by experience if fine....but we only experience...not learn. if we learnt..we wudnt be in this position.

our board is stuffed..no doubt. ICL?...we proably wudve had this problem even if those players played for bd. and a few of those players wont mask the problem- we are mentally immature and unprepared.

i play grade criket in sydney, my first season we won 1 match in the whole season- the last match. next few seasons- we were champions, finalists, and cemi-finalists. without much change in personnel. cricket is a simple game...u know wats the right thing to do. do it. learn from other ppl- not just ur own experience. learn about the game just as much as play it.
Old June 10, 2009, 05:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
how long do u want?

EXACTLY!!! Take my story 3 yrs ago I was low esteemed lost guy..... my teachers said I had potential but no direction..... through various events I ended up with wrong friends... I was always negative.... until one day I saw a good friend after 3 yrs who completely changed the way he carried himself, talked, social circle etc...... He led me to self -development led me to teachings of Bob proctor, Napolean Hill, Jim Rohn, Harv Eker, Anthony Robbins, Earl Nightingale, James Allen et al. It was James's book "As a Man Thinketh" that hit me hard. 10 page book contained so much truth about the way a man thinks can change the world that it took me to journey to polish myself.

Khalid Ibn Walid (SAW) (one of two genereals never to be defeated in history ) said
If you want to conquer outside world first you have to conquer yourself. Yes and that was very hard for me. Bad habits like addiction to drugs (analogy) can be hard to wear off. Awareness is the first step towards self development. An alcoholic must realize he is an alcoholic first then he/she has to seek treatment. Realization and know-how how to get rid of bad habits and adopt new habits is second step. Third most important and hardest step is action. Action is the link between the inner world and outer world.

For example I have seen many young teams like Bd cricket team crumble in pressure cos of inexperience and lack of direction. For example Arsenal which is very young team are amazingly talented but doesnt have that X factor and strong leadership. Argentina's team which maradona played was not a good team cmpared to England but when asked how did he do it he said "I have seen it". Maradona even years after has his passion alive and the fire in his eyes. Successful people has affirmations, beliefs which make them different from others. They wake up in the morning and say "I am unstoppable footballer" "I am people magnet" etc. They visualize success and holding that Champion's Trophy. For eg.

Tamim can affirm himself that "I am sensible player and choose my shots according to the conditions" "I dont act on impulse" "I have presence of mind and opposition has hard time running me out"

He then has to internalize these by trying to implement them in the field. It wont be achieved in a day but slowly it will become his habit and his subconscious mind will take over and he will have intuition of any champion.

Remember our players are youngest of Test playing nations which is a boon and a bane. Recent defeats can just smash their beliefs and hurt their mentality and more training, changing coach etc. will only change the cosmetics which will wear off again under pressure This is very important note and why they consistently loose when there is 50% chance of winning/losing. Siddons doesnt understand this. His constant
lecturing will only go far. Our players have no problem understanding english. Deep down they still have fear, low self esteem which has been reinforced in many failures.
For eg.,

If you remember driving as a newbie your body just stiffened and got tensed your presence of mind is lost WHY? Cos i, inexperience ii, your brain says "Holy crap! Holy crap! I am going to hit something!" and your body stiffens to face and cushion yourself against an impact. Now years after driving , you can talk on the phone, see that billboard, have presence of mind and dont have to concentrate much on driving. What has changed? i, you gained experience ii, Belief that you are going to reach destination safely. Your body is no more tensed and you have presence of mind cos subconsciously you have got the message.

Similarly our players have experience but the BELIEF has been damaged. A good indication is the body language and the presence of mind and SHOT selection. Our players play crazy shots in the time of need NOT because they dont care, it's because under pressure they think "Oh God! not again!" and their pulse rate increases , body becomes tensed that time their presence of mind becomes limited and yes what do you do once you are cornered ? do something impulsively i.e go back to same unconscious habit . That's why after getting out many of our players have the disbelief look thinking "Damn! why did I do it?"

If instead they thought " Mmmm if I get 6 runs in this over I will treat myself huge jackfruit,mmmmm spinner is coming let me see the fielder placement" Breathe deeply and relaxed they will be more relaxed have more presence of mind and thus better shot selection. James constant lecturing will never work and only aggravate the situation.

As for me after 3 years of constant improving myself some of them have been painful , stressful , if I look back I feel I had climbed mountain. I met my friends I used to hang out 3 yrs ago , I feel bland due to difference in mentality, I got great gf and better respect form ppl. I saw a pic of mine I have taken three yrs ago that time I was like "why do I look like pussy etc..." Now if I look at the same picture, I have nothing but respect for myself.... What has changed? My physical features are almost the same....but my inner world is much more handsome than before.
Old June 10, 2009, 06:41 AM
Club Cricketer

well said.

cricket is just channel to portray ur self maturity, beleif, and mental atitude. and it all comes from within urself. time wont make it happen. YOU have to make it happen.

how dos this help our team? u dont have to look at it so philosophically..some practical points can help-

1- send ur young up n coming players to foreign countries eg india, england, australia- where they can play club criket..they dont have to play for state or county team. u dont have to play at the highest level- cricket is the same game at all levels
2- dnt be afraid to axe unperforming team members. if u wana be legends of the game, ( n i msure they all want to..they have said it), then have to know how to take a hit single handidly n get up from it.
3- make an effort to change...dont wait for it to happen
Old June 10, 2009, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
started a completely new thing?

We didn’t have Test Status before 2000. It is a new thing because the history of Test cricket is more than 100 years.

Quote:
simple- u pik players that are suited to the match, and can liv upto his role. u dont need 50 tests or wateva matches of experience to know that.
Are you sure it is so easy to pick up a cricket team in International level? If you are than I have to say “Nothing to say”

Quote:
learning by experience if fine....but we only experience...not learn. if we learnt..we wudnt be in this position.
Who will teach them and how will they learn. By their own? They have learnt enough. Do you think, Ashraful has that matured brain to learn anything? I am not discriminating him but his education level is not that much updated that he has a wider vision of anything. Neither he can learn anything from himself nor there is anyone who can teach him. If you can observe when A natural talent comes in world cricket (like Tendulkar/Lara or whoever) they always get someone besides them to learn from. We don’t have that. That’s why I told in my previous post about a player who played 50 tests or above. Can you believe that Cricket needs a cricket culture within the nation? We have to wait for that. Still we don’t have a cricket culture.

Quote:
i play grade criket in sydney, my first season we won 1 match in the whole season- the last match. next few seasons- we were champions, finalists, and cemi-finalists. without much change in personnel. cricket is a simple game...u know wats the right thing to do. do it. learn from other ppl- not just ur own experience. learn about the game just as much as play it.
You play cricket, that’s why I am asking you again “Are you sure that Cricket is a simple game?” If you are, again I have to say “Nothing to Say”.
Old June 11, 2009, 04:00 AM
Club Cricketer

the fact that ashraful is dumb n brainless...thats his own undoing. no one can help that. he was to take certain measures.

i get wat ur saying warfaze, but i still maintain its a simple game. look at australias dominance last decade or so..why? because "they do the basics betta than anyone else"

thers no point complicating the game for a bunch of children who dont have brain capacity to handle it ( bd players)..so keep it simple atleast for that reason.
Old June 11, 2009, 04:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
....shortened...

As for me after 3 years of constant improving myself some of them have been painful , stressful , if I look back I feel I had climbed mountain. I met my friends I used to hang out 3 yrs ago , I feel bland due to difference in mentality, I got great gf and better respect form ppl. I saw a pic of mine I have taken three yrs ago that time I was like "why do I look like pussy etc..." Now if I look at the same picture, I have nothing but respect for myself.... What has changed? My physical features are almost the same....but my inner world is much more handsome than before.
bhai apnar kobita poira mone hoilo apni kono sales department e kaaj koren. Ki bikri kortachen bhai? ami kinbo... :p taka nai - tao kinbo...
Old June 11, 2009, 06:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
the fact that ashraful is dumb n brainless...thats his own undoing. no one can help that. he was to take certain measures.

i get wat ur saying warfaze, but i still maintain its a simple game. look at australias dominance last decade or so..why? because "they do the basics betta than anyone else"

thers no point complicating the game for a bunch of children who dont have brain capacity to handle it ( bd players)..so keep it simple atleast for that reason.
You are right from some point of view. But you know, I never became over excited when Bangladesh perform well (Beating Australia, Going to 2nd Round of WC 2007 etc) or I never became so upset when they perform bad (Loosing to Ireland or Loosing to Zimbabwe) because, as I read the history of other test nations, I got one thing that we have to be patient to get a consistent result.

Let me give you an example: In 2005 when we beat Australia everyone made Ashraful as a God because of his century. Definitly it was an outstanding one. I was surprised that none of us mentioned one thing Ashraful got out just after the ball he completed his century. He was supposed to stay in the wicket and complete his task. He didnt. Aftab saved us with his 21 finally. In international cricket, if he did so for other countries definitely he would be criticized. But we forgot that because winning against Australia was an outstanding performance for us.

So, we need time to set those mind set. We haven't got any double centurion in Test Cricket. When our 1st batter will do that, we won't look at the result, we will be busy again with that century. When we will have at least 4-5 batters who made double century, it will be normal to us. We will start to think whether the performance is match winning or not. Brian Lara was criticized by Australians, Imran Khan or some other legends after he scored his 400 against England. Because for them winning performance is must. But for us it is not yet.

Anyway, nice to have the conversation.

Old June 11, 2009, 06:31 AM
Club Cricketer

yah i agree wit u absolutely.

i just feel...they shud have realised this some time ago. it dosnt take 9 years..or it shudnt. n thats wat hurts. we keep talking of time. but nothings gona happen if they dont make it happen...

right now..theyr just on a free fall..leaving everything that happens whether it may be succes or failure up to chance..they not helping any cause.

and thats wat im trying to say..u can have all the time u want/need. but do somthn with it.
Old June 11, 2009, 06:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yah i agree wit u absolutely.

i just feel...they shud have realised this some time ago. it dosnt take 9 years..or it shudnt. n thats wat hurts. we keep talking of time. but nothings gona happen if they dont make it happen...

right now..theyr just on a free fall..leaving everything that happens whether it may be succes or failure up to chance..they not helping any cause.

and thats wat im trying to say..u can have all the time u want/need. but do somthn with it.
I am waiting Ashraful/Shakib/Mashrafee/Nafees/Aftab.....this group to be as a selector. It will be after 10-15 years from now. If I am alive, I wish to see Banglaesh to play like today's Australia or South Africa. It is the actual trend in World Cricket. History tells that. If the result comes before that time.....GOOD....GOOD......GOOD.

Wishing to see the result as early as possible. Before that we shouldn't be over excited for a single win or too upset for loose. It is natural.
Old June 11, 2009, 07:35 AM
Club Cricketer

lol what if they dont want to be selectors?

and if selectors are ur current problem, then basic economic principles wud suggest u change the selectors, not wait for other ppl to become selecors..which might not happen too.
Old June 11, 2009, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Mental aggression is much needed....we always panic under pressure situation....