facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2009, 12:22 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Ash,Shakib,Tendulkar
Default I like Siddons.

"You Can Lead a Horse to Water but You Can't Make Him Drink"

It is the responsibility of our players to play well, the job of the coach is to teach, not to play for them.

After Siddons became our coach, I have seen better batting and less nicks going to slips, and has become more challenging overall. We even managed to get a big score against Sri Lanka in tests. A lot more self belief has emerged since he took over.

Bad days can happen. The team has gone in the right path, but has a long way to go in this path.

I do not think Siddons should be blamed at all for the disappointing results of our players.

He said in the post match presentation that the players were taught how to deal with the ways they were getting out, but keep making the same errors on the field. (example Sakib getting out same way 5 times)

Our team needs a good sports psychologist to work with the players so that they do not mentally block themselves from performing to their fullest potential.

Last edited by fsally; June 9, 2009 at 12:28 PM..

Old June 9, 2009, 12:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful

this guy and ash is in limelight now...god knows how many more thread are about to come?
Old June 9, 2009, 03:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I just love him, Boro Prem

You made a mistake, he didn't take the ghora to water, he just lectured the ghora what is water. That didn't help...
Old June 9, 2009, 03:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

The main culprit is Ashrafool, he had asecond chance and he ruined it. Same place "ato bhai catch dhor na"
It is high time to seriously consider whether Bangladesh cricket is held hostage by a set of Ashra-FOOLS. And if it is the case then we better immediately send those 'FOOLS' to rehabilitation camp at least to stop the emotional bloodshed that was overpowering after Monday night's stunning defeat against Ireland.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=91936

Do you agree with the article?
Old June 9, 2009, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

time for ash to leave......assfool..onek khela dekhaiso, eiber barit jao

and siddons mama, it's time for u to show ur charismatic coaching against WI....WI re whitewash na korle.......BCB'r kichui kora lagbe na amrai australiar jawar ticket hatea dhorai dibo

and plz rofiqul alam..... try to follow the path of abdul kadir
Old June 9, 2009, 03:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
time for ash to leave......assfool..onek khela dekhaiso, eiber barit jao

and siddons mama, it's time for u to show ur charismatic coaching against WI....WI re whitewash na korle.......BCB'r kichui kora lagbe na amrai australiar jawar ticket hatea dhorai dibo

and plz rofiqul alam..... try to follow the path of abdul kadir
I don't want to see Rafiqul Alam, Akram Khan and ar ek shoitan Naimur Rahman, if we have failed cricketers as selectors then offcourse we are going to produce more failures
Old June 9, 2009, 03:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib

He says the truth . I want jammie until 2011 wc we must need to change the captain otherwise it will be same result
Old June 9, 2009, 03:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

i like siddons too. i found nothing wrong in his coaching. when i brainless man leads the team that also influences other players to play brainless .
Old June 9, 2009, 03:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahidus200
He says the truth . I want jammie until 2011 wc we must need to change the captain otherwise it will be same result
What was that truth?

I thought he was coaching the cricket team, not the truth commission !!
Old June 9, 2009, 04:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

here is a perfect article in the daily star today-

very much agreed.
Old June 9, 2009, 04:28 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Sachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajib14
here is a perfect article in the daily star today-

very much agreed.
Good article, too bad, sorry to say, Ashfool won't understand it.
"...We thought if we can bowl well and field well we can win but they played really well." Ohhhh, tai naki?
Old June 9, 2009, 04:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Siddons is right - there needs to be a signal.
Drop Ash as captain. Place Mash as the captain...Sakib as vice.
The next step in the coming yr may be to drop Ash from the team if he is outperformed by somebody else int he domestic league.
Old June 9, 2009, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
What was that truth?

I thought he was coaching the cricket team, not the truth commission !!
I think he is coaching the corkot team.

Blame % distribution -

Cricket admin : 30 % --> no pre-tour buildup
Cricket selectors: 20 % --> some tactical mistakes...can't blame them much as we don't have a big pool
Captain as one person: 20 % --> he should set the trend..worst example he sets instead
Top Players: Tamim 15 % Mushfique: 10 % Mashrafee: 5 %
Old June 9, 2009, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoikoth
I think he is coaching the corkot team.

Blame % distribution -

Cricket admin : 30 % --> no pre-tour buildup
Cricket selectors: 20 % --> some tactical mistakes...can't blame them much as we don't have a big pool
Captain as one person: 20 % --> he should set the trend..worst example he sets instead
Top Players: Tamim 15 % Mushfique: 10 % Mashrafee: 5 %
Everyone failed as a team
Old June 9, 2009, 06:29 PM
Banned

jammie siddons has every right to gety pissed. if it were me, then i would personally torture them in practice, making them believe that if they don't perform they will face more hell.
i keep saying this and i'll say it again. our last stance, from where a loss is a long drop from the edge of a cliff, is the tour to west indies. if we can't perform there, then ....... the icc will probably remove us from tests, bring ireland and close the quota for testy nations, as i have heardd in commentary. . the team should use this shame to proove the world and our critics wrong, that BD are a good cricketing side. . personally, een i lost a lot of faith in them.

BANGLADESH OWES ALL OF US BIG TIME!!!!
Old June 9, 2009, 06:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Coach J. Siddon is not the one repeatedly making wrong decision. It is his charges. He has rightly pointed out that there are no consequences. No coach in the world can enforce discipline unless he/she has the power (carrots as well as the sticks). He has neither. He should be given much broader selection power including the right to fire the captain. I think it is not too late to fire Ashraful. It will serve as a warning to those who takes their position in the team as guaranteed. The ominous signs were there and the BCB brain trust ignored it. The poor showing against 2nd string domestic teams prior to the trip should have been an indicator. It is time to take action.

1) Give JS broder selection and firing power
2) Fire Ash
3) Cancel WI toor

Last edited by LateCut; June 9, 2009 at 06:54 PM..
Old June 9, 2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut

2) Fire Ash
3) Cancel WI toor
Its a joke, right?!!!
Old June 9, 2009, 09:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Coach J. Siddon is not the one repeatedly making wrong decision. It is his charges. He has rightly pointed out that there are no consequences. No coach in the world can enforce discipline unless he/she has the power (carrots as well as the sticks). He has neither. He should be given much broader selection power including the right to fire the captain. I think it is not too late to fire Ashraful. It will serve as a warning to those who takes their position in the team as guaranteed. The ominous signs were there and the BCB brain trust ignored it. The poor showing against 2nd string domestic teams prior to the trip should have been an indicator. It is time to take action.

2) Fire Ash
3) Cancel WI toor

2 I agree with you.
3 You gotta be Kidding me
Old June 9, 2009, 09:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Siddons is no disiplinary. We need someone like Jenkins (SA) who can rule with Iron rod cause these nadan baccha polapain cricket bujhey na. Fans at BC even knows better. Unlucky, we don't have the skills set (age for some).

Spoon feeding time was over long time back (DW time). Patience is a virtue but at times one must take out the JALI BETH. Read Nazimuddin's treatment by Observer. That is why I love him (Observer). You have to burn the iron before it can be a sword with which you can do damage.

I request Siddons to do one thing. Stop practicing at the nets and let batsman practice in field with 13/15 fielders playing.

Another request to BCB, implement performance based pay. Boys will give 120% and some.

Canada, Ireland don't have better facilities and structure than BD. Yet they have players with hearts.
Old June 9, 2009, 09:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
..Another request to BCB, implement performance based pay. Boys will give 120% and some..
I agree. I don't anyone deserves any money for the match against Ireland, except perhaps Mash. You are not paid to make a mockery of cricket in the middle wearing the national dress.
If the players feel they are professional, then so be it, pay them as they perform. Ash gets $0.
Old June 9, 2009, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

There is nothing liking or disliking. Can be a fan. But from our Bangladeshi Cricket point of view, We need Siddons. Because he is knowledgeable. We have many things to learn from them.
Old June 9, 2009, 10:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

agree. siddons has nothing to do abt our failure. i think ash should be dumped, so is our selectors
Old June 9, 2009, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:

2) Fire Ash
3) Cancel WI toor

Agree 1000%, thats exactly what i want,no more bd matches,they've achieved a lot already,starve these fools of matches,they dont deserve them,thats the only way to punish them

put them all in the same confinement cell for a week,-2 meals a day,no showers,no tv no nothing!!
Old June 9, 2009, 10:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

get the young players to play in domestic tournaments of eng, ind and SL.
compensate the boards if need be. play in the 2nd division teams if the first division teams don't accept the players.
a stint in even the ranji plate group for example will be very educational for them.
Old June 9, 2009, 11:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
agree. siddons has nothing to do abt our failure. i think ash should be dumped, so is our selectors
Perfect. JS is on paid vacation and Captain & selectors are supposed to coach the team.