facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 14, 2009, 07:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default Fans Loosing Interest: A Red Alert for Our Cricket?

As our team continues to put on pathetic shows, a lot of senior members are loosing interests slowly on this wonderful forum. Some members simply stopped visiting and posting while some other members visit and post very irregularly. This is red alert for our cricket.

Members like Fazal, AKabir77, Kabir, thebest, DJ Sahastra visit and post very irregularly.

Some members like Ammark, Pundit, Orphy, Punk, Hatebreed only post in the FC section these days.

Some other members like allrounder, Ehsen, thewatcher, Sham even don't bother to visit.

We don't see Zunaid bhai, Nasif bhai coming regularly. Only Tehsin bhai and Mahmood bhai from the admin panel some times log in and make some random posts.

We only see some routine visits and posts these days. No new articles being published. No new interesting feature is coming to the forum. I guess the poor performance of our cricket is liable for these everything.

I know nothing much is there for us to do; yet I would say BC management needs to rise up from the hibernation. We are passing the tough most time. We would love to see you making some good moves.

Probably this a red alert for our cricket. Passionate people are loosing their passions with this game. I am feeling every single second "It's getting too late...It's getting too late".

Last edited by WarWolf; June 14, 2009 at 09:20 AM..

Old June 14, 2009, 08:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

For last couple of days everyone is opening threads with same ideas but different titles. I haven't clicked on a single threads on this page i think. All these crappy threads is making me lose interest in banglacricket.
Old June 14, 2009, 08:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Ki je bolen bhai. Goto 37 bochorer corruption, killing, mismanagement couldn't make us lose interest in politics and the parties there of. How can we lose interest in cricket?? there may be some temporary stopages, but one fluke win, all will be back. sure
Old June 14, 2009, 08:58 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

I don't care who support BD or not...I will be there always...Untill I die

Go Bangladesh Go
Old June 14, 2009, 09:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
I don't care who support BD or not...I will be there always...Untill I die

Go Bangladesh Go
Very good spirit.

It's not about support. Every body will continue to support. But enough interest may not be left in the near future about this game.
Old June 14, 2009, 09:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Interest will fluctuate but the passion won't go away. Remember, cricket, besides micro financing for the poor, religious tolerance, and ethical peacekeeping missions for the UN, is the only thing where we're amongst the elite. That helps.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 14, 2009, 09:31 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I wouldn't say losing interest. I don't post much in the cricket section because I've been through my rounds of overexcitement and exuberant celebrations but I am frustrated at our team repeating the same ameteur mistakes and I'm tired of complaining and analysing. The politics analogy actually holds very true IMO. Despite all the corruption it will never stop me from loving my country. I still love Bangladesh cricket but I have other interests and I continue to visit this forum not just because of it but also because it's like a home away from home.

Despite all the doom and gloom I see a lot of new, young members in the forum nowadays so may be it's their turn to step up to the task.
Old June 14, 2009, 09:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Good post Hatebreed, clearly explains your view. I hope this is the case with others also.
Old June 14, 2009, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

The real RED ALERT is not being able to justify being a full member nation and receiving ICC funding likewise.
Old June 14, 2009, 10:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I lost interest in cricket for 4 days, back on track again
regret selling all my tickets though, including today's IND v ENG... really regreting!!! I am so stupid.
Old June 14, 2009, 11:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

be right back with ya after the Windies tour
Old June 14, 2009, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Well there really isnt much in the way of BD cricket going on.... And most threads right now are pretty much the same thing, so like I dunt want to go thru them all.
Old June 14, 2009, 11:52 AM
Banned

it also doesn't help when bangla cricket bans anyone who strays off their self formulated biblical constitution by as much as a word.
Old June 14, 2009, 11:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillian
it also doesn't help when bangla cricket bans anyone who strays off their self formulated biblical constitution by as much as a word.
You agreed to follow the rules while signing up. BC doesn't do anything illogical to the fans. The rules and regulations are important to maintain a healthy forum.
Old June 14, 2009, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
You agreed to follow the rules while signing up. BC doesn't do anything illogical to the fans. The rules and regulations are important to maintain a healthy forum.
Very true, when I was new I used to get in trouble with the mods ALOT lol, not because I wanted to break the rules, because I didnt read them lol.
Old June 14, 2009, 12:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

It does fluctuate at times but i think its more to do with sick and tired of it.
The senior members have seen this one too many times and sometimes it just gets too much.
Its one thing following Bangladesh cricket and cricket in general and there is our way of following it.
We live, eat, breath,sleep it. It is such a big part of our life that sometimes it hurts too much.

For those of us who'se been leading this second life for a while now, it does get to a point when you get really upset and feel like had enough.

There are too many instances to mention. 2003 world cup, the lucklustre 5 winless years, 2006 zimbabwe tour, icl debacle are just to mention a few. But then again, there were that win against zimbabwe in 2004, Cardiff in 2005, Great odi win streak in 2006 despite lack of test cricket, the win against india in 2007, win against West Indies in first edition of T20.

What is most upsetting is this volatile nature of the team. Just when you think its about to cross that threshold, we fall so hard that it really hurts. Just when we dare to dream, it turns to a nightmare and haunts us to sleepless oblivion.

Amader moto naira bel talae bar bar jae thiki, but everything has a limit.

We get hurt the most cuz our passion is unbound. Sometimes that too much to live with.
I know for myself, everytime we lose badly, i stop visitng cricinfo, refrain myself from posting regularly in BC or even dont read those articles that slams us.

Sometimes the best way to deal with it is to not deal with it at all. Turning a blind eye, cuz we know the logics dont apply to us. We know we'd come back to support our country and team like that naira who goes to the same bel tala everytime to get mucus on his head, we need this blind eye to support our team blindly.

....i have no idea what im writing, so i'll stop here.....
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 14, 2009, 01:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Well summed up by Rabz as always. I don't like to be here right now. I want to stop thinking about those morons. I want to go back to normal life. But I can't. I have been living a dual life for quite a long time. One life which is normal to every one. The other is full of hopes and frustrations though frustration has the majority part. I want to stop. But I know I can't. I can't.
Old June 14, 2009, 03:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

the only members who lose interest are the ones that have unreasonable expectations.

BD is not going to win a world cup, or rise to #5 in the Test rankings anytime soon. these dreams will take a generation to achieve, at least 30 years or more.

for now, i'm satisfied that we push teams consistently, and win games occaisionally. if we win one in 4 ODIs against top nations, i'll be satisfied. if we start pushing test matches late into the 4th day or the 5th day, i'll be satisfied. we aren't ready yet to win matches like that. it took everyone time, barring pakistan - but they had a lot of history with india, so it will take us time too.

enjoy the small victories, the little eids every 6 months, etc.

if success is worth achieving, its worth struggling for. it means nothing if success is just handed to us.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 14, 2009, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
It does fluctuate at times but i think its more to do with sick and tired of it.
The senior members have seen this one too many times and sometimes it just gets too much.
Its one thing following Bangladesh cricket and cricket in general and there is our way of following it.
We live, eat, breath,sleep it. It is such a big part of our life that sometimes it hurts too much.

For those of us who'se been leading this second life for a while now, it does get to a point when you get really upset and feel like had enough.

There are too many instances to mention. 2003 world cup, the lucklustre 5 winless years, 2006 zimbabwe tour, icl debacle are just to mention a few. But then again, there were that win against zimbabwe in 2004, Cardiff in 2005, Great odi win streak in 2006 despite lack of test cricket, the win against india in 2007, win against West Indies in first edition of T20.

What is most upsetting is this volatile nature of the team. Just when you think its about to cross that threshold, we fall so hard that it really hurts. Just when we dare to dream, it turns to a nightmare and haunts us to sleepless oblivion.

Amader moto naira bel talae bar bar jae thiki, but everything has a limit.

We get hurt the most cuz our passion is unbound. Sometimes that too much to live with.
I know for myself, everytime we lose badly, i stop visitng cricinfo, refrain myself from posting regularly in BC or even dont read those articles that slams us.

Sometimes the best way to deal with it is to not deal with it at all. Turning a blind eye, cuz we know the logics dont apply to us. We know we'd come back to support our country and team like that naira who goes to the same bel tala everytime to get mucus on his head, we need this blind eye to support our team blindly.

....i have no idea what im writing, so i'll stop here.....
wow..... awesome sum up..... i guess thts how many ppl feel.......... the irregularity of many ppl here moght be bcoz of the passion for cricket... sometimes... its just too much to see these guys fail like this... bt one fact that remains is... just one win... fluke or not... sets everything back to normal.... n until that win comes by, i guess we'll just have to wait....

but another undeniable fact is that cricket has been driven in so much into our souls tht livin without it is impossible........ no matter how we try... cricket has become a part of us... a part that we can't get rid of..... and thts why... many members... me included, say... that bno matter what happens... we'll never stop supporting our team...

bt it bcums hard sumtyms... wen these guys don't even try to keep this passion of cricket alive inside the country....
(i know i've messed up what i wanted to say, its just.... right now, i'm too sick to put these down in proper words....)
Old June 14, 2009, 03:26 PM
Banned

every body hart, every body shocked, every body down that day. every body was just wanted only one win, and this win against ireland. but they couldnt. simple solution for bd, beat ireland go to super 8. how simple is that. so thing is , if they cant win against new member of icc. my qustion is , how they gona make it against west indies and ++++++++++. so bd have to do something mircale against west indies. and then all members will be back to where they belong..... i still belive, bangladesh can do it...good luck bangladesh.
Old June 14, 2009, 04:16 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Nobody likes to lose. I do not see anything bright happening to Bangladesh cricket in near future.
Old June 14, 2009, 05:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
the only members who lose interest are the ones that have unreasonable expectations.

BD is not going to win a world cup, or rise to #5 in the Test rankings anytime soon. these dreams will take a generation to achieve, at least 30 years or more.

for now, i'm satisfied that we push teams consistently, and win games occaisionally. if we win one in 4 ODIs against top nations, i'll be satisfied. if we start pushing test matches late into the 4th day or the 5th day, i'll be satisfied. we aren't ready yet to win matches like that. it took everyone time, barring pakistan - but they had a lot of history with india, so it will take us time too.

enjoy the small victories, the little eids every 6 months, etc.

if success is worth achieving, its worth struggling for. it means nothing if success is just handed to us.
according to your measurement, Bangladesh has done 9.2/10

off course, silly mistakes and stupidity is still unforgivable but given the strength of the oppostition and the circumstances, Bangladesh has shown fight and gritt

but by that standard, Ashraful will remain in the team...

THE REPEATED CYCLES....

Last edited by Rifat; June 14, 2009 at 05:21 PM..
Old June 14, 2009, 05:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Kids - interest playing
teenagers - interest entertainment (Sports)
students - interest entertainment (Sports), beautification
Professionals - interest all of the above (Little less), urge to prove themselves
Family man - interest all of the above (Little lesser), Money and kids

So interest shifts when you grow up. Priority changes that is all. Nothing to get alarmed.
Old June 14, 2009, 08:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

We need more series. Screw this T20 crap. after the WI tour get that 5ODI series with PAK back. We will surely win at least one game against WI PAK and people will come back again. I am tired of Ashfool...seriously man what kind joker puts the ball in the slip after being dropped there like mins ago?
Old June 14, 2009, 09:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I am a relatively new member. But i follow BC almost everyday. ]=\
even if BD is white washed against Namibia, I wont loose interest, after the whitewash against namibia, i will stil hope for a win against Aussie/england. Thats what supoprting an underdog is all about.
Bangladesh!!!!!