facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 29, 2009, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla
Default An unwanted future;Will it turn into reality?

Many of you might be wondering what am I talking about from nowhere....

Actually I mean that we all cricket lovers(almost all) in this website definitely want the welfare of Bangladesh cricket and also improvement in their performance...we will definitely not want cricket dying in Bangladesh or even losing importance.........but something sad that I am observing recently is that many of the children, teens....are more into other sports..specially football..and some are very much into computer games.

This fact really hurts me and I really want more people to grow interest in cricket.....

We say that we are 15 million fans of Bangladesh cricket..(at least commentators say so)
but in reality, we are not even 5 million who follow Bangladesh cricket...

This can lead to a great dark age for our cricket in the near future....so, I think it is a very important and critical factor...

Please state your opinions which can definitely differ from mine...
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]

Old June 29, 2009, 04:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

i dnt agree with u !! Based on my experience, I would say, the craziness and the fan base for cricket is much higher in BD than that of even Australia or NZ. U cant expect 15m people to watch and love cricket continuously. Moreover, i think, the performance of our cricket team is one of the main issues to be looked into for ur this concern.
Old June 29, 2009, 05:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

We just need performance. That's all.
Old June 29, 2009, 05:57 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Many of you might be wondering what am I talking about from nowhere....

Actually I mean that we all cricket lovers(almost all) in this website definitely want the welfare of Bangladesh cricket and also improvement in their performance...we will definitely not want cricket dying in Bangladesh or even losing importance.........but something sad that I am observing recently is that many of the children, teens....are more into other sports..specially football..and some are very much into computer games.

This fact really hurts me and I really want more people to grow interest in cricket.....

We say that we are 15 million fans of Bangladesh cricket..(at least commentators say so)
but in reality, we are not even 5 million who follow Bangladesh cricket...

This can lead to a great dark age for our cricket in the near future....so, I think it is a very important and critical factor...

Please state your opinions which can definitely differ from mine...
How do u know?
Old June 29, 2009, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
How do u know?
A guess that is bound to be true...
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old June 29, 2009, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Not Necessarily.

From the Point of View of Bangladesh: Popularity of any game is ultimately good for us. It can be either Football or Computer Games. If children likes our own Football than Salauddin's dream can be true. We will be respected from others for Football that our previous generation always says "Amader Ager Football Ar nei". This is a very general comments from our Babas & Dadas. (Sorry Kidding). I personally don't believe it because we were never be respected as a Football playing Nation. In the case of other games also if they get popularity than what's the problem? It is good for us. Because, a country generate internal popularity when that country is more or less doing well internationally. Good result from any game is good from the point of view of Bangladesh.

From the Point of View of Cricket: As per I know Cricket is not the number 1 popular game in some other Test playing nations. Like Australia. According to popularity it is the 4th (Football, Rugby, Tennis than Cricket). But, they are 4 times World Champion. Almost same goes to England. Cricket comes after some other games. Even once upon a time India & Pakistan's most popular game was Hockey. So popularity doesn't ensure the establishment of the Game Culture.

Presently Cricket is the most popular game in Bangladesh because of the result. Before 1997 if we go back to early 90s Football was the most popular. We always discuss we have to do this things or that things but did we ever discuss that "We have to increase our popularity"? I don't thing so .The initial thing that was needed is done. By the popularity we achieved the Base of our Cricket. That’s enough.

So the establishment of Cricket or Continuation of high standard only need proper Planning & Implementation (almost everywhere it is needed).

Don't Worry Brother. If we just can have some proper Planning & Implementation and if our National Team continues their good performance in International Level Cricket will be established.

Old June 29, 2009, 08:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
.........but something sad that I am observing recently is that many of the children, teens....are more into other sports..specially football..and some are very much into computer games.

childish concern really. Yu mean we should forget about all other sports and play/watch only cricket? ridiculous.

Even if we are world champions in cricket, that doesn't mean it can only be translated into playing more cricket. it also contributes to encourage & inspire people to take sports as a career in general. It will drive the young generation to take interest in sports that attracts them & they have natural abilities in.

If you are SCARED that footbal is attracting some public interest recently; that's because you haven't seen those days when football used to be more popular than what cricket is today in Bangladesh. Top footballers used to get around 15-20 Lakh per season when US $ used to be @30-40. BBNS would run out of tickets in league matches. Dhaka would shake up with every big matches (Specially in Abahoni was involved ) Even if football regains it's popularity, that would have mean achieving higher standard in the game. That doesn't harm cricket, just inspires them to perform even better. That's how all the sports can retain their own popularity in a country. It isn't healthy that 150 million people will only run after cricket.

Relax, it's perfectly normal for young generation to play different games/sports.
Old June 29, 2009, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfaze

Don't Worry Brother. If we just can have some proper Planning & Implementation and if our National Team continues their good performance in International Level Cricket will be established.
Very hopeful words...thanks a lot bro for again showing me some hope..
Old June 29, 2009, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
childish concern really. Yu mean we should forget about all other sports and play/watch only cricket? ridiculous.

Even if we are world champions in cricket, that doesn't mean it can only be translated into playing more cricket. it also contributes to encourage & inspire people to take sports as a career in general. It will drive the young generation to take interest in sports that attracts them & they have natural abilities in.

If you are SCARED that footbal is attracting some public interest recently; that's because you haven't seen those days when football used to be more popular than what cricket is today in Bangladesh. Top footballers used to get around 15-20 Lakh per season when US $ used to be @30-40. BBNS would run out of tickets in league matches. Dhaka would shake up with every big matches (Specially in Abahoni was involved ) Even if football regains it's popularity, that would have mean achieving higher standard in the game. That doesn't harm cricket, just inspires them to perform even better. That's how all the sports can retain their own popularity in a country. It isn't healthy that 150 million people will only run after cricket.

Relax, it's perfectly normal for young generation to play different games/sports.

Sorry, actually I wasn't very much clear at expressing my topic.......I actually wanted to say that interest in cricket recently waned in Bangladesh and people are more interested in other aspects...
I would be happy if cricket and other games may it be fotball or anything else gains popularity here in BD. I just fear the decrease in cricket's popularity in the future...
Old June 29, 2009, 11:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Let BD win one major tournament. We are bored with one off wins. They no longer sate our appetite.

If the boys win one Series with G8, you'll see how much cricket following we have.
Old June 29, 2009, 01:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Sometimes too much attention too early brings too much money to hard to handle and end up bringing too many unwanted people in cricket related matter.

For example too much globalization and money generated by BCCI is doing more long term damage than good in my opinion.

At the end of the day its a game that we a re talking about and for national team, players and administrators should involve in this game for the love of the game and the country he represents.... should not be driven by pure love of money.