facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 29, 2009, 03:22 PM
nasimul's Avatar
nasimul nasimul is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 12, 2004
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,710
Default Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka 2009

Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka 2009

Date and Time Match
Mon Jun 29 - Wed Jul 1
10:00 local | 04:30 GMT Sri Lanka Cricket XI v Pakistanis
Colts Cricket Club Ground, Colombo


Sat Jul 4 - Wed Jul 8
10:00 local | 04:30 GMT 1st Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Galle International Stadium


Sun Jul 12 - Thu Jul 16
10:00 local | 04:30 GMT 2nd Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
P Sara Oval, Colombo


Mon Jul 20 - Fri Jul 24
10:00 local | 04:30 GMT 3rd Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo


Mon Jul 27
10:00 local | 04:30 GMT TBC v Pakistanis
Welagedara Stadium, Kurunegala


Thu Jul 30
10:00 local | 04:30 GMT 1st ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium

Sat Aug 1
10:00 local | 04:30 GMT 2nd ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium


Mon Aug 3
10:00 local | 04:30 GMT 3rd ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium


Fri Aug 7 Day and Night
14:30 local | 09:00 GMT 4th ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo


Sun Aug 9 Day and Night
14:30 local | 09:00 GMT 5th ODI - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo


Wed Aug 12 Day and Night
19:00 local | 13:30 GMT Only T20I - Sri Lanka v Pakistan
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old June 30, 2009, 04:25 AM
Abid_Khan's Avatar
Abid_Khan Abid_Khan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 5, 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,237

Pakistan batting really well against the Sri Lanka Cricket XI

Sri Lanka Cricket XI v Pakistanis
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 30, 2009, 05:04 AM
Abid_Khan's Avatar
Abid_Khan Abid_Khan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 5, 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,237
Default Day 1 SLC XI 278 for 3

Bulletin: 1st Day (Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka, 2009)

Quote:
Pakistan began their tour of Sri Lanka the hard way as a defiant Sri Lanka Cricket XI ended at 278 for 3 on the first day of their three-day practice match. Lahiru Thirimanne and Chamara Kapugedera put on 170 for the third wicket on a rain-interrupted day at the Colts Cricket Club ground in Colombo.

SLC XI, who chose to bat, lost opener Tharanga Paranavitana with the score on 27. That brought in Thrimanne, who along with Upul Tharanga - who hit a half-century - added 78 for the second wicket.

Tharanga was dismissed by legspinner Danish Kaneria, and Paranavitana was joined by Kapudegera. The two feasted off an attack that included Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Aamer and Kaneria. Though Pakistan captain Younis Khan employed seven bowlers, they had little effect on the rampaging batsmen and at stumps the day's honours went to the home side.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 30, 2009, 05:26 AM
Surfer's Avatar
Surfer Surfer is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 20, 2007
Posts: 1,341

Mendis is not a threat for Pakistan. They figured him out long ago. So they really have to deal with Murali and Mendis only. Pakistan on the other hand has a good attack. This will be a good contest.
__________________
Catch the cricket fever on my blog: Cricket Magic
Mahesh Bhatt to make a movie on Bob Woolmer
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 30, 2009, 06:04 AM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,897

Hoping for a good come back series for Yusuf(Yohana), one of my most favorite batsmen. I remember his early days when he would hold fort the middle order tightly and hammer all sorts of bowlers out of the park at ease. Since then he has matured so much.

His batting never disappoints a cricket lover.
__________________
Life is short, have a six pack.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 30, 2009, 10:43 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

i'm looking forward to see afridi continue his form, he may have some surprise stored for SL
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 30, 2009, 05:55 PM
PlanetPak PlanetPak is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 26, 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Favorite Player: Imran Khan
Posts: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
i'm looking forward to see afridi continue his form, he may have some surprise stored for SL
Shahid is resting
__________________
Wake up World
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 30, 2009, 06:37 PM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 10,285

Seems like dead, batter friendly pitches. I feel for the bowlers ...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 30, 2009, 07:06 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 21,151

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Hoping for a good come back series for Yusuf(Yohana), one of my most favorite batsmen. I remember his early days when he would hold fort the middle order tightly and hammer all sorts of bowlers out of the park at ease. Since then he has matured so much.

His batting never disappoints a cricket lover.
he's changed his name to Md. Yousaf now...
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 30, 2009, 08:09 PM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,897

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
he's changed his name to Md. Yousaf now...
That's why I put a parenthesis .
__________________
Life is short, have a six pack.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 30, 2009, 08:25 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 21,151

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
That's why I put a parenthesis .
still risky...Ernie Terrell made the mistake of referring to Muhammad Ali as "Clay"...15 rounds of brutal punishment awaited, although most people believe Ali could have won the bout much earlier.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 30, 2009, 08:58 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,938

come on i want to see both fawad and razzaq in the final XI, and is it me or are pakistan throwing aamer into things too quickly? i know he's a talented kid but in just a month or two he's gone from an up and coming 16/17 year old prospect to their premier bowler, i hope the kid can handle this as he's a great prospect for the future of international cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 30, 2009, 09:22 PM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,897

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
still risky...Ernie Terrell made the mistake of referring to Muhammad Ali as "Clay"...15 rounds of brutal punishment awaited, although most people believe Ali could have won the bout much earlier.
Wise counsel, lucky I did not end up as the Murali of Bangladesh, if I continued my career in cricket I could be Rafique to the power n (DL Roy syndrome).
__________________
Life is short, have a six pack.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 30, 2009, 09:23 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 21,151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
come on i want to see both fawad and razzaq in the final XI, and is it me or are pakistan throwing aamer into things too quickly? i know he's a talented kid but in just a month or two he's gone from an up and coming 16/17 year old prospect to their premier bowler, i hope the kid can handle this as he's a great prospect for the future of international cricket.
well they don't have much of a choice...muhammad talha and sohail khan, both nearly as quick as aamer if not just as pacy, make shaun tait look accomplished. asif is still suspended, and the less said of akhtar the better. gul cannot carry the load all by himself, especially on pancake SC pitches. methinks, razzak, gul, aamer will shoulder the pace attack with perhaps rauf being a 4th seamer who will turn his arm over for 10 overs or so. kaneria better get in form, cuz with afridi out, there ain't no other spinner in the side.

on the other hand, i can't wait to see this new AAG attack of Asif, Aamir, and Gul. should be good times.

i don't any big name bowler has every come onto the scene at such a young age. wasim, waqar, mortaza were all 18 when they debuted. wonder how old the windies greats and mcgrath were when they got their test caps...
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 30, 2009, 09:25 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,668

i am awaiting the day when Bangladesh will be granted fixtures like this: 3 tests and 5 ODIS...perchance that day may be near?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 30, 2009, 09:33 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
well they don't have much of a choice...muhammad talha and sohail khan, both nearly as quick as aamer if not just as pacy, make shaun tait look accomplished. asif is still suspended, and the less said of akhtar the better. gul cannot carry the load all by himself, especially on pancake SC pitches. methinks, razzak, gul, aamer will shoulder the pace attack with perhaps rauf being a 4th seamer who will turn his arm over for 10 overs or so. kaneria better get in form, cuz with afridi out, there ain't no other spinner in the side.

on the other hand, i can't wait to see this new AAG attack of Asif, Aamir, and Gul. should be good times.

i don't any big name bowler has every come onto the scene at such a young age. wasim, waqar, mortaza were all 18 when they debuted. wonder how old the windies greats and mcgrath were when they got their test caps...
on other forums people have said they want muhammad talha in the team, not sure how good he is though. the main concern for aamer would be putting too much pressure on his young and still maturing body, i guess he's not bad mentally because he had been performing very well domestically before his national call up and did a good job in the 20/20 WC. btw, lots of us are looking forward to the AAG attack.

also malinga apparently isn't in the Sri Lankan squad, is this right? if so why?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 30, 2009, 09:36 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
i am awaiting the day when Bangladesh will be granted fixtures like this: 3 tests and 5 ODIS...perchance that day may be near?
i'd expect it would take at least a couple more years, the BD players are getting some ODI experience behind them but nthey're still very inexperienced test players. guys like tamim, junaid, raqibul, naeem, even shakib and others like rubel, alam etc need to get a few matches under their belt and with BD playing so few test matches it could take awhile before they develop their test game to a level where BD are competing in every test match and that's what BD need to do get get the respect that the other test nations get.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old June 30, 2009, 11:57 PM
PlanetPak PlanetPak is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 26, 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Favorite Player: Imran Khan
Posts: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
on other forums people have said they want muhammad talha in the team, not sure how good he is though. the main concern for aamer would be putting too much pressure on his young and still maturing body, i guess he's not bad mentally because he had been performing very well domestically before his national call up and did a good job in the 20/20 WC. btw, lots of us are looking forward to the AAG attack.

also malinga apparently isn't in the Sri Lankan squad, is this right? if so why?
Not selecting Malinga seems like a mistake.

M Talha is quick but very raw and won't be ready for test cricket for at least a year or so, Sohail Khan is also very raw and needs time at the 1st class level.

IMO the second best young quick(not including Gul and Asif) in the current Pakistan set up has to be Wahab Riaz who this week took 7 wickets(5 and 2) in the game against AUS A.
__________________
Wake up World
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old July 1, 2009, 12:17 AM
Buddhika_s's Avatar
Buddhika_s Buddhika_s is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2007
Posts: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetPak
Not selecting Malinga seems like a mistake.

M Talha is quick but very raw and won't be ready for test cricket for at least a year or so, Sohail Khan is also very raw and needs time at the 1st class level.

IMO the second best young quick(not including Gul and Asif) in the current Pakistan set up has to be Wahab Riaz who this week took 7 wickets(5 and 2) in the game against AUS A.
Malinga isn't fit. He hasn't played a 4 day match in year and a half or something. He was just playing 20/20 for the past 5 months or so. He's not fully recovered from his knee injury and not fit for test cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old July 1, 2009, 12:23 AM
PlanetPak PlanetPak is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 26, 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Favorite Player: Imran Khan
Posts: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhika_s
Malinga isn't fit. He hasn't played a 4 day match in year and a half or something. He was just playing 20/20 for the past 5 months or so. He's not fully recovered from his knee injury and not fit for test cricket.
thanks for the info


Sounds a bit strange that he was fit enough to play T20s 5 months ago but still hasn't recovered to play a test match.

I would have at least played him in the ongoing 3 day game
__________________
Wake up World
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old July 1, 2009, 10:25 PM
Buddhika_s's Avatar
Buddhika_s Buddhika_s is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2007
Posts: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetPak
thanks for the info


Sounds a bit strange that he was fit enough to play T20s 5 months ago but still hasn't recovered to play a test match.

I would have at least played him in the ongoing 3 day game

I don't know but he himself had said that he's not fit. I think he has recovered from injury but he needs match practice before playing tests. He should be okay for ODIs hopefully def: for the 20/20.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old July 2, 2009, 09:37 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,376

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
...

i don't any big name bowler has every come onto the scene at such a young age. wasim, waqar, mortaza were all 18 when they debuted. wonder how old the windies greats and mcgrath were when they got their test caps...
Test Debut:
Roberts: 23+
Holding: 21+
Croft: 24+
Garner: 25+
Marshal: 19+
Walsh: 22+
Ambrose: 24+

Lillie: 21+
Thompson: 22+
Alderman: 25+
Lawson: 22+
McDermott: 19+
McGrath: 23+

For Roberts, Holding, Croft and even Garner they came in a era when ODI was just being introduced. So they had limited opportunity in that format. You break in a bowler in the limited overs first then give him a chance in the test squad. Not every one is Steyn.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old July 3, 2009, 01:47 AM
Imteaz's Avatar
Imteaz Imteaz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 5, 2006
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn
Posts: 2,481

Good Luck to both of the Team.
__________________
Cricket is the Passion
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old July 3, 2009, 03:18 AM
Surfer's Avatar
Surfer Surfer is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 20, 2007
Posts: 1,341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhika_s
I don't know but he himself had said that he's not fit. I think he has recovered from injury but he needs match practice before playing tests. He should be okay for ODIs hopefully def: for the 20/20.
Apart from the first match in IPL and the occasional brilliant deliveries, he hasn't looked great since his come back. He was bowling too many off target deliveries and looked out of rhythm most times. I think he needs more match practice before playing test matches.
__________________
Catch the cricket fever on my blog: Cricket Magic
Mahesh Bhatt to make a movie on Bob Woolmer
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old July 3, 2009, 11:53 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,751

Wow this Amer bowling really well..
He will get 5 wickets for sure.. I like his bowling.

I'm his fan from now on
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket