facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2009, 06:46 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Default Fantasy Thread: Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Quote:
Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one CAN'T believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

- Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass
How far down the rabbit hole can you go? Fulfill your forbidden fantasies here without thinking dirty like Orphy. This is where right-brain, left-brain collide....Unleash your creativity and list six "impossible" things you want Bangladeshis players to do. Let's start off with 'simple' 'realistic' ones and be sure to give REASON. This is where fantasies and dreams marry Logic in perfect unison.

1. Tamim scoring double century in the near future. He showed great ability today. He kind of reminded me of A.B.de Villiers.

2. Bangladesh actually beating REAL West Indies. Why? Eventhough there is sky-land distance between their two teams, we have proved several things: a. We can adapt to their pitches. b. Psychological barrier of playing against toughly-built Caribbean players is broken (I know I will get letters now...or rather pm's). c. Tempermence is tempermence. It's not as if you apply less "amount" of focus and concentration when playing 'inferior' teams. And if they did then they took them wayy seriously in the second innings.

3.Mushy taking a lot of catches in Test. If not as the highest taker. Reason? He is very energetic and actually has positive vibes around him. So this shows he has already achieved some sort of Mayan pyramid of self-actualization. *pauses for Siraji to call him nerd..lol* Nah seriously, mouthful aside, the kid really has a lot of spirit. Positive spirit -> better body language -> better co-ordination -> better cricket.

4. Ash beating his own score. Unfortunately, although he is lacking in form recently, imo I think he couldn't adapt today was because of the so-called "akosshik hokchokoti obostha" of first few moments at the arrival of crease. Rakibul perished likewise. But given there is similarly in the brashness of the form of Ash and Tamim, by Axiom 1. We prove that he can actually beat his score of 153(?).

5. Logic pervades the thinking Bangladesh cant win 2011 World Cup. Maybe? But nothing says they can't win T20 World Cup if their apply their skill and zeal. It takes enormous amount of character to do so well in Test. If Tamim can prosper in Test, he can OWN in T20. Because there you just "unleash" like "Supernova" as someone said whose glimpse we got today. So what if Tamim succeeds? Whole team doesn't succeed? Well even in the land of the blind leading the blind, we have a daredevil if any of the top order can shine like this today iIt will break the barrier of suspension of belief. Note: When 321-5 nakedly stands by itself it appears even like an Australian score.

6. Finally, winning the World Cup. Proof. Heisenberg's Uncertainity Principal. []

Post up people. Atheists, realists, pragmatics, Sunnis, shiites, Jews...faith of all color and creed are welcome here except Uzbekhis (I will be damned if I get a letter from an Uzbehk now if his fortune favoring he comes across this while googling online for vodka )... And if you disagree feel free to start a debate here.

Last edited by Zeeshan; July 12, 2009 at 07:24 PM..
Old July 12, 2009, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
Post up people. Atheists, realists, pragmatics, Sunnis, shiites, Jews...faith of all color and creed are welcome here except Uzbekhis (I will be damned if I get a letter from an Uzbehk now if his fortune favoring he comes across this while googling online for vodka )... And if you disagree feel free to start a debate here.
Darn it. It did not take long for the admin mailboxes from getting filled with hate mail from Uzbekistan.

Quote:
Barcha odamlar erkin, qadr-qimmat va huquqlarda teng bo'lib tug'iladilar Bangla. Ular Gopal Bhar aql va vijdon sohibidirlar va bir-birlari ila birodarlarcha muomala qilishlari zarur.

Last edited by Zunaid; July 12, 2009 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: Uzbek typo
Old July 12, 2009, 06:58 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Tonight's Guest star: A heavyweight...pun avoided.... Dr. Zed. Please contribute fellas... I'm begging you here.
Old July 12, 2009, 07:42 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

All 6 ARE very possible scenarios. I approve this thread. Happy?
Old July 12, 2009, 08:13 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
All 6 ARE very possible scenarios. I approve this thread. Happy?
Tehsinda....you just earned yours Shalika 32 more votes.
Old July 12, 2009, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
4. Ash beating his own score. Unfortunately, although he is lacking in form recently, imo I think he couldn't adapt today was because of the so-called "akosshik hokchokoti obostha" of first few moments at the arrival of crease. Rakibul perished likewise. But given there is similarly in the brashness of the form of Ash and Tamim, by Axiom 1. We prove that he can actually beat his score of 153(?).
Correction: 158 not out. This may not be the 'bone' you wanted, but I contributed to your thread nonetheless. =]

- Benjamin Franklin
Old July 13, 2009, 01:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib; Tamim; Riyad

A tough thread to contribute to, unless some kind of a serious discussion or debate unravels. I have how ever contributed for the sake of my dear brother Gopal Bhar
Old July 13, 2009, 02:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
A tough thread to contribute to, unless some kind of a serious discussion or debate unravels.
You have always those arrow marks to make contribution.
Old July 13, 2009, 03:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Six impossible things to think before breakfast? easy as pie

1. Ash scoring 42 centuries in test.
2.We actually whitewashing Any team.
3. One of our bowler being named the the best test bowler.
4.Me discoverig a new type of device devoid of short channel effects.
5.Me winning a lottery.
6. Shahadat finally learning his limitations.

Happy now?
BTW, you are a nerd, Gopal.
Old July 13, 2009, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Cannot restrict myself to tell Mr. Gopal, "You are a Tactful Genius.” Because....................Guess. I think you can.