facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 16, 2009, 11:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default World Cup 2011 updates and preparation

We are way behind. None of the projects are completed or even close to be completed. We have missed several deadlines. Our locker room is not Intl standard at all. On top of it, now BCB is not sure where the matches will be held. Chittagong demanded two matches and rightly so.

Anyways, it has been confirmed we will get two Quarterfinals matches. In total 8 matches. If we make it to the Quarterfinals then it will also will be a home game for us. Bangladesh will be using two venues for this World Cup (that has been decided)!!

By October, ICC will inspect the field and pitches and come out with the schedule. Mumbai is the new WC secretariate (Moved from Lahore).

Wake up BCB!! You don't have much time. The promise was made to have one of the best Cricket stadium in south asia (facility wise). What are your contengency plans? Where will the teams practice? Will they have practice matches? Who they will play against? Which stadiums will hosting the WC matches and which ones will be as an alternate venue? I know alternate venues can't be in the same city or around certain radius. Transportation, fans lodging,security etc. are you guys thinking of any of these issues?

Do not organize this event in typical Bangali fashion, completing in the 11th hour with jora-tali. I don't want to see pandels and bamboos supporting them, wraped with red and white clothes.

I would like to know who are in the WC committee?
Old July 16, 2009, 11:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

It'll be sad after all these humki tomki if BCB still can't meet the deadlines.

Gov't projects are meant to have open deadlines. It's not really applicable for big events like these. Hope BCB understands it.
Old July 16, 2009, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

typical bangali fashon to keep holding it till the last hour.
Old July 16, 2009, 12:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Here is a link to what was given to Bangladesh at Delhi.
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/in...&editionID=739
+++
The next four nation WC committee meeting is in Dhaka. BD would have to put forth a preliminary budget to ICC. Hosting the opening ceremony is big deal. I hope they consider all the issues and put forth a decent budget.
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/in...&editionID=739

I am eager to know which ones are the venues for WC matches. Would be great if I can join BC group. Still long ways to go. Iccha asey dekhi Allah ki kopaley raksey.
Old July 16, 2009, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

I really hope BCB gets this done ASAP, but I read somewhere that BCB are having some financial issues with the NSC for the stadium. I think it was an article in BC about the Mirpur Stadium.
Old July 16, 2009, 03:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Dhrubo: Can you send me the link to that avatar? My wife would love to see that pic...only to visualize me instead of the elephant.
Old July 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

yes, those retarded bamboo and plastic sun roofs are ridiculous especially at the "home of cricket". what are we? somalia?

and yes, CDS should get 2 games, with the rest being at SBNS. i think the BNS should get the opening ceremony though.
Old July 16, 2009, 08:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Next COC meeting for ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 to be held in Dhaka

UNB, Dhaka

http://nation.ittefaq.com/issues/200...7/news0202.htm

The next Central Organising Committee (COC) meeting for the ICC Cricket World Cup will be held in Dhaka in mid- September.

This was stated by Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) senior vice president Mahbub Anam at a press conference at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium (SBNS) on Thursday. He represented Bangladesh to the COC meeting in Mumbai on July 14 to review the ongoing preparations for next world cup.

Mahbub informed that the COC meeting of the World Cup 2011, chaired by ICC Vice-President Sharad Pawar, redistributed the 14 matches originally given to Pakistan. Eight went to India while three each to Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

Of the 49 matches of the tournament, 29 will be played in India, 12 in Sri Lanka and eight in Bangladesh, he said.

Bangladesh will host eight matches, including two of the four quarterfinals, of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 to be co-hosted by India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

Pakistan has not been given any World Cup match due to security reasons.

Mahbub said Pakistan would, however, receive U$ 750,000 as host fee for each of their 14 matches while there will be no additional host fee for these matches to the remaining three countries.

He said the grouping and fixture of the World Cup will be finalized some time in October. The BCB vice president said the COC meeting was also attended by ICC Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat as also the representatives of the three co-hosts - Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka.

He said Pakistan, the tournament's fourth host nation, was invited to the meeting but no Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) representative was present.

A total of 13 venues will be used for the tournament with eight in India, three in Sri Lanka and two in Bangladesh. The previous setup with four hosts, including Pakistan, had 15 venues proposed with eight in India, four in Pakistan, two in Sri Lanka and one in Bangladesh. Prof. Ratnakar Shetty will be the tournament director.

A venue inspection committee, led by N Srinivasan, will inspect the venues and pitches in October this year.
Old July 16, 2009, 08:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Chittagong Must get atleast 2 matches, if we get 8 matches.
It will be very dissappointing if there isnt atleast 1 or 2 matches played in this city with second largest population.

The divisional doesnt have much capacity. But This stadium, MA Aziz has 20000 capacity.
Old July 17, 2009, 12:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Pakistan may boycott 2011 World Cup

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-ne...2011-World-Cup

MUMBAI - Rumours of Pakistan boycotting the World Cup 2011 are doing the rounds in sports circles.

Sources claim that Pakistan government is seriously considering to ask the PCB to pull out from the 2011 World Cup. According to sources, views from influential political figures have been sought in this regard.

Interestingly, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is still in dark about this latest development. It is very likely that the Pakistan government will convene a meeting with the PCB shortly to discuss the situation.

A source close the government, on condition of anonymity, claimed. "I think the Indian government, with the help of the three boards (BCCI, SLC and BCB), is been trying to isolate the PCB and therefore this decision at political level is not ruled out."

"On the pretext (government not allowing), the BCCI has not signed the FTP (to play against Pakistan) yet they want to host World Cup matches for Pakistan," he said. The PCB lawyers are silent on this issue as the matter is in the court and it may challenge the decisions taken in this regard.

In the meantime, the BCCI president Shashank Manohar reiterated its stand on not playing bilateral series against Pakistan. "The Indian government is not giving a go ahead about this and therefore we have made no provision in Future Tour Programme (FTP) to play against Pakistan between 2012 to 2020," the 53-year-old Shashank Manohar said.

Interestingly, the PCB chief Ijaz Butt has been removed without his knowledge as a convenor from the ICC's Central Organising Committee (COC) for the 2011 World Cup. His place has gone to Mahbubul Alam (BCB).
Old July 17, 2009, 12:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

Besides Mirpur, Ctg got few games. I was in Fatulla (with thebest bhai) for last year BD-A vs NZ practice match which abandoned due to rain...and it was not much of arain at all.....very poor drainage system. Later I've noticed few abandoned match again in the same venue in NCL/DPL where other venue had a reduced match at least. Anyways, hope BCB acts quick and start asap. Not much time left.
Old July 17, 2009, 12:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Pakistan may boycott 2011 World Cup
The news coming out from Mumbai = unbelievable.

I'll wait until we hear something from pak itself. Nothing less.
Old July 20, 2009, 12:09 AM
Cricket Guru

বিশ্বকাপের দ্বিতীয় ভেন্যু ফতুল্লার ওসমানী স্টেডিয়াম

ঢাকা, জুলাই ১৯ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম)- ২০১১ সালের ক্রিকেট বিশ্বকাপের দ্বিতীয় ভেন্যু হিসেবে চূড়ান্ত করা হয়েছে ফতুল্লার ওসমানী স্টেডিয়ামকে।

রোববার সংশ্লিষ্ট সংসদীয় কমিটির সভায় এ সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হয়। প্রধান ভেন্যু হিসেবে মীরপুর শেরে বাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামকে আগেই অনুমোদন দেওয়া হয়।

বঙ্গবন্ধু জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে এখন শুধুমাত্র উদ্বোধনী অনুষ্ঠান হবে। বিসিবি কর্মকর্তাদের অনেকে বঙ্গবন্ধু স্টেডিয়ামে বিশ্বকাপের ম্যাচ আয়োজনের দাবি করলেও ক্রীড়া প্রতিমন্ত্রী আহাদ আলী সরকার এর পক্ষে ছিলেন না। সংসদীয় কমিটিও ক্রীড়া প্রতিমন্ত্রীর সিদ্ধান্তের সঙ্গে একমত।

ক্রীড়া মন্ত্রী চট্টগ্রামে বিশ্বকাপের একটি ম্যাচ আয়োজনের আশ্বাস দিলেও এ ব্যাপারে এখনো সিদ্ধান্ত হয়নি। নিরাপত্তার বিষয়টি খতিয়ে দেখার পরই কেবল এ ব্যাপারে সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হবে বলে জানান সংসদীয় কমিটির প্রধান জাহিদ আহসান রাসেল।

চট্টগ্রামের ভেন্যুর বিষয়েও চূড়ান্ত সিদ্ধান্ত হয়নি। বিসিবি থেকে বীরশ্রেষ্ঠ রুহুল আমীন স্টেডিয়ামের নাম দেওয়া হলেও স্থানীয় ক্রীড়া সংগঠকদের পক্ষ থেকে এমএ আজিজ স্টেডিয়ামের কথা বলা হচ্ছে।

নির্বাচিত ক্রিকেট ভেন্যুগুলোর সংস্কার কাজ শুরু হবে শিগগিরই।

এদিকে সংসদীয় কমিটির রোববারের সভায় ২০১০ সালে ঢাকায় অনুষ্ঠেয় দক্ষিণ এশিয়ান গেমস (সাফ) নিয়ে বাংলাদেশ অলিম্পিক অ্যাসোসিয়েশনের সঙ্গে আলোচনা হয়।

কর্মকর্তারা কমিটিকে জানিয়েছেন, সাফ গেমসের প্রস্তুতি চূড়ান্ত। গেমস আয়োজনে আগামী অক্টোবরের মধ্যে ভেন্যুগুলোর সংস্কার শেষ হবে।

link
Old July 20, 2009, 12:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Now if that true that Fatulla will be the 2nd venue (besides Mirpur) for WC2011 then I must say lot needs to be done to fix the drainage system in that venue.
Old July 20, 2009, 12:22 AM
Cricket Guru

It will be disappointing for Chittagong fans, but it will be lot less stressful for BCB and Bangladesh government to handle logistical issues and security if matches played only in MIrpur and Fatullah. They will still, very likely, have to use Chittagong and Bogra stadiums for warm-up matches though.
Old July 20, 2009, 12:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

BCB must arrange WC matches at Chittagong. This is going to be very upsetting situation for the Chittagonian fans.
Old July 20, 2009, 12:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Dhrubo: Can you send me the link to that avatar? My wife would love to see that pic...only to visualize me instead of the elephant.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ine=1247196764

Right click > save image as.
Since its a .gif the animation will only work under a web-browser or a .gif player/editor.

Last edited by Blah; July 20, 2009 at 03:43 AM..
Old July 20, 2009, 02:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Quote:
It will be disappointing for Chittagong fans, but it will be lot less stressful for BCB and Bangladesh government to handle logistical issues and security if matches played only in MIrpur and Fatullah. They will still, very likely, have to use Chittagong and Bogra stadiums for warm-up matches though.
Yes, I think thats what gonna happen. BCB may try to make it less stressful, but I was thinking that we have already hosted many international tests and ODIs in these 2 vanues, and given Chittagong a big city, proper security could be made available.

I mean, World cup matches? not spreaded out? = thats not right. Spreading world cup matches is how you will get the yound lads super interested in the game.
Old July 20, 2009, 02:55 AM
Cricket Guru

And also lots of things to be done at Fatullah.
Old July 20, 2009, 03:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav
Yes, I think thats what gonna happen. BCB may try to make it less stressful, but I was thinking that we have already hosted many international tests and ODIs in these 2 vanues, and given Chittagong a big city, proper security could be made available.
In international series, you are only dealing with one or two other team. In WC, you will have to deal with 3 other teams in our group, 3/4 other teams for two qf. Handling lodging, travel, security, training sessions, etc, for 6/7 other teams, in two different cities may not be only stressful, but also very expensive.
Old July 20, 2009, 03:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
In international series, you are only dealing with one or two other team. In WC, you will have to deal with 3 other teams in our group, 3/4 other teams for two qf. Handling lodging, travel, security, training sessions, etc, for 6/7 other teams, in two different cities may not be only stressful, but also very expensive.
Also Bangladesh will not get any extra participation money for the additional matches.
Old July 22, 2009, 10:52 AM
Cricket Guru

BCB president ends debate over BNS

http://bdnews24.com/details.php?id=90486&cid=26

Dhaka, July 22 (bdnews24.com) – Bangladesh Cricket Board president Lt General Sina Ibn Jamali on Wednesday ended the debate over the Bangabandhu National Stadium (BNS) by declaring that the government intended to stage 2011 ICC World Cup matches at Mirpur and Narayanganj respectively.

"After lots of deliberations, the government has finalised Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium (SBNS) and Narayanganj Osmani Stadium (NOS) as the venues for 2011 ICC World Cup in Bangladesh," said Lt Gen Jamali taking consent of state minister for youth and sports Ahad Ali Sarker.

At a press meet, Sarker was asked about the selection of 2011 World Cup venues, but the state minister pushed the ball to the BCB president.

The BCB boss also informed that the government had chosen the alternative venues in Chittagong and Khulna.

"As per ICC directive, match venue and alternative venues would have to be upgraded upto World Cup standard. We have informed the government and we were assured of getting the maximum support from them," Jamali added.

After it was decided that the BNS would schedule stage the inaugural ceremony of the ICC World Cup some quarters demanded it also hold a few matches. Currently the grand old stadium is used for football matches only.

After taking unanimous decision at the board of directors meeting, the BCB in May also proposed to the government for holding one or two matches of the 2011 World Cup matches at the BNS.

Replying to a query, the sports minister said that the government would have been pleased had they taken few matches to Chittagong, but they could not do it due to lack of logistic support.

Meanwhile, co-hosts Bangladesh will host eight matches, of them two are quarter-finals.
Old July 22, 2009, 11:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Issues: This opening ceremony is big. More than 100,000 guests may come. 3/4 thousand media people. Ind expects a million people there.

1) We can at best accomodate 10,000 in hotels in Dhaka. Where are we going let others sleep? Which bathrooms will they use?

2) Imagine the transporting them to and from the stadium. Buses!! Old Murir tin. What an experience they will have.

3) Security. The Thokbaj will have a hayday!!

4) Food and water for foreigners!! Bhejal babshai'ra licking their chops!!

5) Sight seeing packages? May be Tea garden, Sunderban, Hill tracks, Coxbazar for those who will spend a little more time in the vacation package.

6) Economic impact is huge and we can have a boom based on this opportunity. If only we plan ahead. It is already too late but we can speed up the process because we have unlimited resources of manpower.
Old July 22, 2009, 11:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Mijan bhai is getting overly worried unnecessarily. Take a chill pill...

1. Moghbajar chour-rasta has at least 20 hotels. One of them being "Shaat Tara Hotel"...meaning "7-star Hotel". Room er shonge romance o milbe oikhane. So not to worry.

2. Bepar na. Murir tin is not necessary. Ora "doubling" korbe...ricksha te. Duijon uprey, duijon niche.

3. How is that a bad thing? That's the best way to increase our foreign reserves without too much work. So chill!

4. Pani? Bepar na. Ke boleche pani nai...pani ache rastay. Brishti hoilei hobe...so instead of preparation, do "brishti'r jonno duwa"

5. Sightseeing? What's more anondodayok than rastar paashe kaure mutte dekha? Eye pleasing and nose teasing...beshi jouse.

6. Yes. That's why I say...rastay "thekbaj" chaira den. If there's not enoug in supply, jail er theika koyekta re chaira den. There should be a project manager. End of the project, all thekbaj should be sent backto jail...and gov't can use the thekbaji money for development. Hey, it at least works in Somalia...so it's worth a shot.
Old July 22, 2009, 11:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Mijan bhai is getting overly worried unnecessarily...
Shei, Bangladesh'a aisha jodi 3rd world country'r shad na pialo ta hoiley ki hoilo?

+++

There are always different ways to tackle problems and issues. We accomodate millions Muslims once a year at Tongi. 100,000 to pani bhat.

+++

This is not a muslim gathering who are ready to sacrifice worldly amenities. Nor would people leave the city for foreigners like in Makkah. Most of the foreigners would want a place where they can take a shower and sleep peacefully and they would not mind paying for that. We have to plan, implement and have alternatives ready. There isn't much time left.