facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 20, 2009, 06:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Unhappy I hope Ashraful is not thrown away

I am probably one of the biggest fans of Ashraful and I am really sad to see him going through such a bad patch. We all know he is working really hard to get out of this bad patch but either bad luck or his brain cycle lapses are not allowing him to get big scores. fficeffice" />

In sheer amount of talent, he is probably the best batsman Bangladesh will ever get (I know 95% of you will probably disagree but I will stand my ground). I have seen only a few truly world class player who played with so much poise and comfort other than Ashraful (obviously when he is in form). I really feel bad for the poor kid. Even in the picture where everybody is huddling together to celebrate the series win he looks really sad even though he has a smile on his face. Utpol Shuvro also mentioned that everybody in the team is really concerned about Ashraful’s mental breakdown.

http://www.cricinfo.com/wivbdesh2009...ry/415371.html

I really hope he can come out of it. Nobody can question his work ethics. All he need is a little bit of luck. I hope cricket God will smile on him during the ODIs and T20I. I believe we need Ash in form to be a really world class team.

Old July 20, 2009, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Maarr dhoira !!!!!!!! ashraful is like that hot girl who will wink at you, flirt with you but from far away and then end of the day send you back home disappointed. NO more ashraful until he averages 50+ in domestic cricket. The way to get the hot girl in your bed is if you treat her with disdain and act as if she does not exist. Ashraful needs the same treatment. Only then he might come back all guns blazing. All the fans need to forget about ashraful for the time being.
Old July 20, 2009, 06:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i love ashraful, hope he can over come of his sadness about losing captaincy.

we wanna see real ashraful in ODI
Old July 20, 2009, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

He should be dropped from the national team until he regains his form and starts performing more consistently. Right now he just wastes an extra spot in the team.
Old July 20, 2009, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Let him go back to the NCL and figure his game out. He doesn't have to be thrown away, but we needn't play with 10 men either.
Old July 20, 2009, 07:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
i love ashraful, hope he can over come of his sadness about losing captaincy.

we wanna see real ashraful in ODI

I think he is scared out of his mind about losing his spot on the team. It is definitely a legitimate concern for him considering how poorly he is performing. I think BCB and the coach need to sit down with him and let him know that there will always be spot open for him and he will always get the benefit of the doubt. They need to give him some kind of mental assurance because it seems that he does not perform well when he is under pressure.
Old July 20, 2009, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Aye, using layperson's analogy he is like the hot-girl who "will wink at you, flirt with you but from far away and then end of the day" turns out to be your cousin.
Old July 20, 2009, 07:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Aye, using layperson's analogy he is like the hot-girl who "will wink at you, flirt with you but from far away and then end of the day" turns out to be your cousin.
hahaha
Old July 20, 2009, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart
I think he is scared out of his mind about losing his spot on the team. It is definitely a legitimate concern for him considering how poorly he is performing. I think BCB and the coach need to sit down with him and let him know that there will always be spot open for him and he will always get the benefit of the doubt. They need to give him some kind of mental assurance because it seems that he does not perform well when he is under pressure.
I hope you are wrong. But if he is a player who cannot perform under pressure,then he does not deserve to be in international cricket.
Old July 20, 2009, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Umm...that may not work for many Chatgaiyas. For example, I know my nani wouldn't mind.

Fellow Chatgaiyas, back me up on this. Orphy, Tehsin bhai?
Old July 20, 2009, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Fellow Chatgaiyas, back me up on this. Orphy, Tehsin bhai?
"back me up on this" - not what I would want to say to a Chatgaiya.

More seriously, is Ashraful turning out to be the next Tushar?
Old July 20, 2009, 07:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Moyna,Mash,Mushi,Tami

Ash's free ride is over- We always like to boast about the 2 matches he won for us (along with the contribution of 10 other players). But no one ever mentions the numerous matches we lost because of his reckless and untimely gift-wickets. In the last 2 years, he averaged 15.01 in 12 tests (with 1 century- so minus the century its under 10). That's the least among all the batsmen who played over that period (including Mashrafe).. And he is supposed to be our premier batsmen- middle order anchorman- ultra talented ba.. (mukh ta kharap korlam na)?!... Adding to all that, he averaged 6 runs in 4 innings against a 4th string WI attack (less than Shahadat, Enamul). So please please stop saying that we need him to win something. His time is up. If Tushar Imran played 50 tests he would have averaged better than him. And why should he repeatedly get this favoritism?? Shahriar Nafees was dropped after being the best player by and far in 2006- Alok was dropped for 4 years despite his mega talent and flash in the pan innings- Nafis Iqbal, Rajin saleh- all these guys were discarded even though none of them had the horrendous run of form that Ashraful is going through and for such a long period of time... Why should Ashraful repeatedly get on the team sheet? Bangladesh team ki or baap-dadar shompotti?!
Old July 20, 2009, 07:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
haha thats joke lol
Old July 20, 2009, 07:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart
i am probably one of the biggest fans of ashraful and i am really sad to see him going through such a bad patch. We all know he is working really hard to get out of this bad patch but either bad luck or his brain cycle lapses are not allowing him to get big scores. Fficeffice" />

in sheer amount of talent, he is probably the best batsman bangladesh will ever get (i know 95% of you will probably disagree but i will stand my ground). I have seen only a few truly world class player who played with so much poise and comfort other than ashraful (obviously when he is in form). I really feel bad for the poor kid. Even in the picture where everybody is huddling together to celebrate the series win he looks really sad even though he has a smile on his face. Utpol shuvro also mentioned that everybody in the team is really concerned about ashraful’s mental breakdown.

http://www.cricinfo.com/wivbdesh2009...ry/415371.html

i really hope he can come out of it. Nobody can question his work ethics. All he need is a little bit of luck. I hope cricket god will smile on him during the odis and t20i. I believe we need ash in form to be a really world class team.

he needs to play some domestic cricket and come back...on merit
Old July 20, 2009, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Ash cud be rested for a while though...lets experiment!!
Old July 20, 2009, 07:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

He will not be thrown away! Our next Test series is in Early January. Thats a long time to get his form back. We have 13 ODIs in the mean team. 3 against WI and 10 against Zimbabwe. If he can score 3/4 50's from the 13 games, selectors and the management have to think twice before dropping him.

All depending on him though. If he can't do anything good then he has to be sidelinded!
Old July 20, 2009, 07:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

All the prayers will always be with Mohammad Ashraful.
Old July 20, 2009, 07:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

A better discussion wud be who cud replace Ash temporarily at least....I think both Aftab and Alok wud fit the bill!!
Old July 20, 2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

He needs to go back to domestic cricket, **** talent, hard working cricketers is what Bangladesh need and there are many in the domestic comp willing to fill that space
Old July 20, 2009, 07:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Moyna,Mash,Mushi,Tami

Yes- Alok, Shahriar Nafees, Aftab, Nafees Iqbal- heck even play Shahdat as a batsmen instead of him!
Old July 20, 2009, 08:00 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Ash should stay behind in the Caribs and become a Rasta Maan. He can be a good friend of Reifer and Roach. He is ONLY 25 and with those two as his guide he can end up as a real Rasta...he will never be a REAL kirketer like our newly crowned superstar!
Old July 20, 2009, 08:02 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
"back me up on this" - not what I would want to say to a Chatgaiya.

More seriously, is Ashraful turning out to be the next Tushar?
He is already the next Kapali with very wide "kopal". I have no idea whats wrong with him. Whatereve it is, he needs to sort out his issue in local leagues. International matches, let alone tests, are no place for doubters and faint of heart.

For some reason he just lost his ability to make runs. The guy just got 4 innings total of 24 runs against WI (A team in disguise). That is just unacceptable.

And this is from a long time Ash fan.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old July 20, 2009, 08:04 PM
Cricket Guru

I would try out Ash at #3 in all three ODIs in WI. If he fails, kick him out and try Zunaed in the position for Zimbabwe series.
Old July 20, 2009, 08:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

its the time to go. he is young and he could make a comeback but at this moment, he is a burden
Old July 20, 2009, 08:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
For some reason he just lost his ability to make runs. The guy just got 4 innings total of 24 runs against WI (A team in disguise). That is just unacceptable.

And this is from a long time Ash fan.
I blame Siddons for this and, of course, Alok Kapali!