facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:07 PM
shuntuks shuntuks is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: September 13, 2008
Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim, Razzak
Posts: 34
Default West Indies Players available for WI-BD ODI /T20 series

Gayle and his troops have made themselves available for selection. Jus read it on bbc, now is the real test.

Last edited by reverse_swing; July 22, 2009 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: mod.edit: Thread title
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:09 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo
Posts: 21,349

Ohhh sh!t...!
__________________
Mama, the Chudurbhudur will continue till kingdom come!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:13 PM
shuntuks shuntuks is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: September 13, 2008
Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim, Razzak
Posts: 34

Nah we can take them man. Get gayle out for below thirty and game is ourz
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:16 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,672

http://www.skysports.com/twenty20/st...447300,00.html

So they'll make themselves available for selection. Yes yes yes!!!

Now it's all up to the board to decide whether to pick them or not.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:16 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,425

Very good news.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:16 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 7,775

Windies stars end player boycott

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cric...es/8161980.stm

The West Indies cricketers striking over a pay dispute have made themselves available for the one-day series against Bangladesh beginning on Sunday.

Skipper Chris Gayle and 12 other senior players did not play in the two-Test series defeat against Bangladesh.

But they have agreed to return after former Commonwealth Secretary General Sir Shridath Ramphal was appointed to mediate in their continuing dispute.

The West Indies board had already named a 14-man squad excluding the strikers.

Eight players from the ill-fated Test series secured places in the one-day squad, which was selected for the first two of the three-match series.

Left-handed batsman Floyd Reifer retained the captaincy despite the Test debacle and modest personal scores of 25, 29, one and three.

But the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) can now call upon the previously unavailable players in a bid to avert another embarrassing defeat against minnows Bangladesh.

The news followed a meeting convened by Guyana President Bharrat Jagdeo at the request of the West Indies Players Association (Wipa).

"It was agreed that, in light of the mediation agreement the parties expect to lead to the resolution of outstanding issues, all the players will make themselves available for selection," said a joint WICB and Wipa statement.

"Both parties have taken this step, mindful of the interest of their respective organisations but conscious also of their wider responsibility to the people of the West Indies and the international sport of cricket."

Both sides of the dispute also agreed to nominate a facilitator to assist Ramphal.

Wipa has cited pay, contract and medical issues as the primary reasons behind the senior players decision to boycott the Test series against Bangladesh.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:17 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chow = Chow Mo
Posts: 21,349

Bring it onna! I want to beat you!
__________________
Mama, the Chudurbhudur will continue till kingdom come!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,672

This tour couldn't have gotten any better.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
reverse_swing's Avatar
reverse_swing reverse_swing is offline
Chief Moderator
 
Join Date: August 22, 2003
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 5,685

Quote:
Quote:
The West Indies cricketers striking over a pay dispute have made themselves available for the one-day series against Bangladesh beginning on Sunday.
Skipper Chris Gayle and 12 other senior players did not play in the two-Test series defeat against Bangladesh.
But they have agreed to return after former Commonwealth Secretary General Sir Shridath Ramphal was appointed to mediate in their continuing dispute.
The West Indies board had already named a 14-man squad excluding the strikers.
Eight players from the ill-fated Test series secured places in the one-day squad, which was selected for the first two of the three-match series.
Left-handed batsman Floyd Reifer retained the captaincy despite the Test debacle and modest personal scores of 25, 29, one and three.
But the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) can now call upon the previously unavailable players in a bid to avert another embarrassing defeat against minnows Bangladesh.
The news followed a meeting convened by Guyana President Bharrat Jagdeo at the request of the West Indies Players Association (Wipa).
"It was agreed that, in light of the mediation agreement the parties expect to lead to the resolution of outstanding issues, all the players will make themselves available for selection," said a joint WICB and Wipa statement.
"Both parties have taken this step, mindful of the interest of their respective organisations but conscious also of their wider responsibility to the people of the West Indies and the international sport of cricket."
Both sides of the dispute also agreed to nominate a facilitator to assist Ramphal.
Wipa has cited pay, contract and medical issues as the primary reasons behind the senior players decision to boycott the Test series against Bangladesh.

Source: BBC
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:19 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,490

Will be interesting if Gayle and Bravo plays
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:19 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 7,775

Well, Sakib claimed the Test series win will boost team confidence to face stronger opponents, lets see if that's true.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:19 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

best tour ever
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:20 PM
nycpro96's Avatar
nycpro96 nycpro96 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 17, 2007
Location: Albany
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 6,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Well, Sakib claimed the Test series win will boost team confidence to face stronger opponents, lets see if that's true.
yup. this is going to be a real test for the boys
__________________
Reporter: You could hit the first ball for 4 couldn't you?
Tamim: Ha, I could hit the first ball for 6, that's not a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:21 PM
shuntuks shuntuks is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: September 13, 2008
Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim, Razzak
Posts: 34

Trus me. This is sick, i wanna see our souljaz bowling to gayle, sarwan, chanderpaul and how batsmen handle bravo, taylor and edwards. Ah its gonna be sick
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:22 PM
djnaved's Avatar
djnaved djnaved is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 25, 2007
Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib
Posts: 2,132

sakibbara WI er real team re urai dibo..........
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:22 PM
magic boy magic boy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 8, 2009
Posts: 3,934

LOL...........I don't see any problem....we did the job in test what we mainly hope all time...
and ODI!?? we can beat anyone.....that is universal truth!! so don't worry....just enjoy the new turn of this series......I'm lovin it
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:23 PM
FagunerAgun's Avatar
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,634

Not nervous because our boys were and are expected to play against them.
Bring them on and win the ODI series.
We just need our Mash back to mash them.
__________________
Go BD Go. Win the Asia Cup.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:31 PM
Anher's Avatar
Anher Anher is offline
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner
 
Join Date: January 31, 2005
Posts: 3,158


"এবার বুঝা যাবে কত ধানে কত চাল?"
নাকি......
"যেই লাউ সেই কদু"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:32 PM
FagunerAgun's Avatar
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuntuks
Trus me. This is sick, i wanna see our souljaz bowling to gayle, sarwan, chanderpaul and how batsmen handle bravo, taylor and edwards. Ah its gonna be sick
We need a winning mentality does not matter who are our opponents.
If we have too much respect for them, we can't win.
__________________
Go BD Go. Win the Asia Cup.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:34 PM
Roni_uk's Avatar
Roni_uk Roni_uk is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka, London, Sydney
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Posts: 11,690

Bring it on...
thats an excellent news. The reserved team would have been blown away by our ODI line up anyway - no doubt about it. I think Gayle and all just had enough of the insults :P. Now this will be a real test of our ODI capabilities. I can just imagine the critics going all over our team if WI now whitewashes us :/
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:35 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 24,932

We should counterattack by bringing in our reserved rebellious bad boys of cricket....the ICLers.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:38 PM
magic boy magic boy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 8, 2009
Posts: 3,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_knockout_u

"এবার বুঝা যাবে কত ধানে কত চাল?"
নাকি......
"যেই লাউ সেই কদু"
টেস্ট জিতা হইয়া গেছে...আর কি লাগে
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:38 PM
Anher's Avatar
Anher Anher is offline
BC T20 WC 2012 Fantasy League Winner
 
Join Date: January 31, 2005
Posts: 3,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
We should counterattack by bringing in our reserved rebellious bad boys of cricket....the ICLers.
psychological warfare?
Interesting idea!! only Gopal Bhar used to talk like that. Miss him!.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:38 PM
FagunerAgun's Avatar
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
We should counterattack by bringing in our reserved rebellious bad boys of cricket....the ICLers.
Good, good idea. Fly the cranky boys to the Islands for a lambada, BCB.
__________________
Go BD Go. Win the Asia Cup.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old July 21, 2009, 06:39 PM
magic boy magic boy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 8, 2009
Posts: 3,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
We should counterattack by bringing in our reserved rebellious bad boys of cricket....the ICLers.
hi 5!! u read my mind!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket