facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 24, 2009, 10:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Default Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

One of my favorite stories about Rasul(pbuh) was the one where whenever he used to travel a kutni lady called Moymona would put thorns on his way. And he would patiently remove each and every thorn to clear the way. One day there were no thorns in his path and then our Rasul (pbuh) thought something must have happened to the lady. So he decided to pay her a visit. Upon coming to her place, he found out that she had passed away.

Such is the model of the character of Rasul (pbuh). Because of the veneers of brashness, zeal and fervor of present day Muslims, outsiders of different faith fail to see the peaceful nature of the religion hidden within.

Share any of your favorite stories of prophet, hadith or any Islamic parables. Stories are great way to enrich our knowledge and enhance appreciation of the faith. (And friends, plz try to keep the environment friendly. )

p.s. If there is anything wrong in the details of my story, feel free to correct me.

Last edited by Zeeshan; July 24, 2009 at 10:58 PM..

Old July 25, 2009, 02:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them." This because they contended against Allah and His Messenger: If any contend against Allah and His Messenger, Allah is strict in punishment. (8:12-13)

Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of Allah and your enemies and others besides, whom ye may not know (8:60)

Listen not to the unbelievers, but strive (Jihad) against them with the utmost strenuousness. (25:52)

But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads, Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron Whenever, in their anguish, they would go forth from thence they are driven back therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning. (22:19-22)
Old July 25, 2009, 05:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

I think this thread asks for peacer side of Islam. Don't you think you are being a little to aggressive?

Last edited by Orpheus; July 25, 2009 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Edited for tone
Old July 25, 2009, 05:14 AM
Cricket Legend

There has been too much of these religious intolerace in the name of atheism - the correct religion. All I see is hypocracy.

Last edited by Orpheus; July 25, 2009 at 09:46 AM..
Old July 25, 2009, 06:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
you need as much help as the extremes on the other side.... really. This thread strictly asked to mention peacer side of things of a greatly influential man -whether you like him or not. But you decide to dig into some random Quranic quotes, which frankly has no relevence to this thread whatsoever.

It itches you ..doesn't it? Learn to live and let live. Stop spreading hatred at every opportunity....(and NO i don't wanna get more quotes from you passive aggresssive @holes to show me who is more aggressive)...
Just wanted to point out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM

Share any of your favorite stories of prophet, hadith or any Islamic parables.
I didn't write a single word in my previous post. Quoted some of the most well known verses from Koran. You might not like them, doesn't change the fact that those are actual verses from Koran.
Old July 25, 2009, 06:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Nastic hoicho baba bhalo.... peacefulness practice korte shikho... eishob poking at every opportunity, getting offended by religious sports speech, etc etc - isn't a good practice. Tomar boi nai deikha (yeah science tomar boi my pacha), tumi mone korcho tumi pure... tomader mind as much nosto as the next guy with a book..... There has been too much of these religious intolerace in the name of atheism - the correct religion. All I see is hypocracy.
I hope you are just having a bad day.
I didn't say a single bad word (yet) about religion. You called me an ***-hole (previous post).

Just a little background. My parents and my grandparents (from both sides) performed Hajj more than a few times each. I spent most of my adult life (till 18) doing Islamic teaching. I did tablig since I was 14 (from kaqrail Moshjid) - I did 3 chilla (40 days trip each in one year) outside dhaka, including one during december, the most difficult time for this kind of trip.

I am not some guy who picked up few science books and philosophy books and I am trying to impress others. I have been to the both extreme, perhaps more than you.

Ignorance is not an excuse for intolerance.

Last edited by Blah; July 25, 2009 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: Fixed chilla
Old July 25, 2009, 07:06 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
I didn't say a single bad word (yet) about religion. You called me an ***-hole (previous post).

Just a little background. My parents and my grandparents (from both sides) performed Hajj more than a few times each. I spent most of my adult life (till 18) doing Islamic teaching. I did tablig since I was 14 (from kaqrail Moshjid) - I did 3 cholisha (40 days trip each in one year) outside dhaka, including one during december, the most difficult time for this kind of trip.

I am not some guy who picked up few science books and philosophy books and I am trying to impress others. I have been to the both extreme, perhaps more than you.

I do not know where from you have found the term cholisha. There is no such term in Tablig Jamaat. Probably a more reliable term would have helped to build your credibility. And please don't bring your family members religious activities to establish your credibility on a message board.
Old July 25, 2009, 07:18 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Chollisha: A memorial ceremony organized to remember a deceased 40 days after his/her death. Although widely observed in our country, this is a bidah custom, because neither the prophet nor his companions ever performed such ritual.

What Blah bhai meant by Chollisha is "Chollish diner chillah'.

And Blah bhai, I need to study about those verses before I comment on them. However, the last verse gives a glimpse of life in the hell. Everything in the hell will be made from from fire, and the dwellers of fire will try to escape, but they will never succeed.
Old July 25, 2009, 07:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:

Just a little background. My parents and my grandparents (from both sides) performed Hajj more than a few times each. I spent most of my adult life (till 18) doing Islamic teaching. I did tablig since I was 14 (from kaqrail Moshjid) - I did 3 cholisha (40 days trip each in one year) outside dhaka, including one during december, the most difficult time for this kind of trip.

Well the term is Chillah (চিল্লা) means spending 40 days in the path of Allah Subhanatala. If you need to clarify anything regarding Tablig Jamat we can discuss. Allah subhanatala has granted me to give some small amount of time in this way....Just give a PM.

May Allah gives you hedayat. Take care...
Old July 25, 2009, 07:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I have never been to any extreme sides. My second post wasn't for you... it was all for those who use passive aggression to spread hate.

I was pointing out is that internet is infested with so called "intellectual" atheists who spread their own hate for others - they aren't ny different from any other hater following a religious book.

If a guy find peace in his religion, I think we should leave him alone and try not t attack his religion at every opportunity. I think that is classless and show religious intelorance

and blah : those are "famous quotes" because internet makes you think that... There are deliberate attempts to malign religion. I am sure you are intelligent enough not to fall for it but many do. And that is a problem. Because by using quotes such as this, you are unknowinglyu projecting hatred and probably will get the same in return.

Hatred begets hatred. Let's not go there.

Last edited by Orpheus; July 25, 2009 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: Edited for tone.
Old July 25, 2009, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It wasn't directed at you but internet in general. Because internet maybe teaching us to be religious intolerant. I have edited my previous posts for tone...so the message is seen.

Last edited by Orpheus; July 25, 2009 at 09:59 AM..
Old July 25, 2009, 07:48 AM
Banned

Good catch Orphy. Blah posted these verses in this thread totally irrelevantly.
Old July 25, 2009, 08:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

This thread is rapidly going south. Let's follow the examples set by our Prophet and forgive the wrong doears.
Old July 25, 2009, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them." This because they contended against Allah and His Messenger: If any contend against Allah and His Messenger, Allah is strict in punishment. (8:12-13)

Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of Allah and your enemies and others besides, whom ye may not know (8:60)

Listen not to the unbelievers, but strive (Jihad) against them with the utmost strenuousness. (25:52)

But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads, Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted; And for them are hooked rods of iron Whenever, in their anguish, they would go forth from thence they are driven back therein and (it is said unto them): Taste the doom of burning. (22:19-22)

Brother, what's your point? Could you please clarify?

Are you trying to say that the terrorists are true Muslims and we should all pick up a sword and start beheading non-believers?
Old July 25, 2009, 09:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Orphy may have clothed his feelings in hardcore manner but he has valid points.

Anyways, can we PLEASE get back on topic now? Another of my favorite Islamic stories is the one where a religious person had a very minor debt, comparable to cents in our time, but I forgot how the story goes, he waited for long years or swam across a body of water to pay him back. Anyone knows what I am talking about ? Or did I get my facts completely wrong?

I know there have been many exemplary cases of religious person experiencing hardship and patience to track down the giver and pay him back. I can't simply find the right words to search for in google.
Old July 25, 2009, 10:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Rumor has it that Nostradumas actually forecasted about the holy prophet. Anybody know it for sure? Any links?
Old July 25, 2009, 10:46 AM
Banned

BTW, ZM bhai to dekhi khali namei munshi hoy nai, kaje-korme o munshi hoye geche. Alhamdulillah.
Old July 25, 2009, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
One of my favorite stories about Rasul(pbuh) was the one where whenever he used to travel a kutni lady called Moymona would put thorns on his way. And he would patiently remove each and every thorn to clear the way. One day there were no thorns in his path and then our Rasul (pbuh) thought something must have happened to the lady. So he decided to pay her a visit. Upon coming to her place, he found out that she had passed away.

Such is the model of the character of Rasul (pbuh). Because of the veneers of brashness, zeal and fervor of present day Muslims, outsiders of different faith fail to see the peaceful nature of the religion hidden within.

Share any of your favorite stories of prophet, hadith or any Islamic parables. Stories are great way to enrich our knowledge and enhance appreciation of the faith. (And friends, plz try to keep the environment friendly. )

p.s. If there is anything wrong in the details of my story, feel free to correct me.
my mom used to tell me that one when I was little.
Old July 25, 2009, 11:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

may our beloved Zeeshan bro reach the status of al-mu'mineen so that Allah will accept all his good wishes and intentions and accept him in jannah(he can crack infinite jokes there...) both in this life and beyond...

in fact, it is a win-win situation for anybody...

what are people waiting for...with all the free time you have: use it or lose it...
Old July 25, 2009, 01:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Cool Hazrat Ali (a.s) and Number

Quote:
One day a person came to Ali (a.s.), thinking that since Ali thinks he is too smart, I'll ask him such a tough question that he won't be able to answer it and I'll have the chance to embarrass him in front of all the Arabs. He asked 'Ali (a.s.), tell me a number, that if we divide it by any number from 1-10 the answer will always come in the form of a whole number and not as a fraction.' Hazrat Ali (a.s.) Looked back at him and said, 'Take the number of days in a year and multiply it with the number of days in a week and you will have your answer.'
The person got astonished but as he was a Mushrik he still didn't believe Ali (a.s.). He calculated the answer Ali (a.s.) gave him. To his amazement he came across the following results:
The number of Days in a Year = 360 (in Arabic Calendar)
The Number of Days in a Week = 7
The product of the two numbers = 2520
2520 divide by 1 = 2520
2520 divide by 2 = 1260
2520 divide by 3 = 840
2520 divide by 4 = 630
2520 divide by 5 = 504
2520 divide by 6 = 420
2520 divide by 7 = 360
2520 divide by 8 = 315
2520 divide by 9 = 280
2520 divide by 10= 252
Source: http://trueislamicstories.blogspot.com/
Old July 25, 2009, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Nice one ZeeshanM .Thanks a lot.
Old July 25, 2009, 01:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Red face Tit for Tat

Quote:
It is a law of nature that whatever action we take in this world, there is always a reaction. If we do good, we stand to gain a good reward. If we do bad, we should expect a bad outcome ultimately. "What you sow, so you reap" is a popular saying.

The Holy Qur'an has also guided us on this subject. It says:

If you do good, you do good to yourselves. (likewise)

If you do evil, you do evil to yourselves.

(Qur'an: Chapter 17, Verse 7)

One of the companions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) was very fond of this verse of the Qur'an. He used to recite it loudly and repeatedly wherever he went.

A Jewish woman who had heard him once wanted to prove him wrong and thus make him unpopular among his people. She thought up a plot against him.

She prepared some sweets mixed with poison and sent them to him as a present. When he received them, he went out of the city with them. On the way, he met two men who were returning home from a long journey. They appeared tired and hungry, so he thought of doing them a good turn. He offered them the sweets. Of course, he was not aware that they were secretly mixed with poison. No sooner had the two travellers taken the sweets, they collapsed and died. When the news of their death reached Medina, the city where the Prophet resided, the man was arrested. He was brought in front of the Prophet and he related what had actually happened. The Jewish woman who had mixed poison with the sweets was also brought to the court of the Prophet. She was stunned to see the two dead bodies of the travellers there. They in fact turned out to be her own two sons who had gone away on a journey.

She admitted her evil intention before the Prophet and all the people present. Alas, the poison she had mixed in the sweets to kill the companion of the Prophet had instead killed her own two sons.

What a splendid example of a tragic reaction to a bad action. It shows how one reaps what he sows.

"Do as you would be done by" are words of wisdom from the learned and wise men of the past. They teach us to do good to others in the same way as we like others to do good to us.
Source: http://www.al-islam.org/gallery/kids...ries/index.htm
Old July 25, 2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

Our Prophet's beautiful sense of humor:

Quote:
“Once, an old woman came up to him and asked for paradise. He said, “Old women do not enter the paradise.” The woman started crying. As she started leaving the room, the Prophet, showing his subtle sense of humor, stopped her and said, “Old women will become young before entering the heaven.” (Tirmadhi)
Quote:
A man approached the Prophet (may Peace and Blessings be upon him) and asked him for a camel ride. The Prophet said, “I would give you a camel’s child”. The man said, “O Messenger of Allah. What will I do with a camel’s child?” The Prophet smiled and said, “Is there any camel who is not the progeny of a camel?”
However, it has`to be remebered that the prophet never said anything but truth even when he was joking.

Link

Last edited by BD-Shardul; July 25, 2009 at 02:21 PM..
Old July 25, 2009, 02:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I do not know where from you have found the term cholisha. There is no such term in Tablig Jamaat. Probably a more reliable term would have helped to build your credibility. And please don't bring your family members religious activities to establish your credibility on a message board.
You are right its "chilla", I was talking to a friend recently about someone's "chollisha", which stuck in my head.
Old July 25, 2009, 02:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Rumor has it that Nostradumas actually forecasted about the holy prophet. Anybody know it for sure? Any links?
Not sure, but the Prophet Muhammad's arraival had been forecasted in the books of all major religions, including Hinduism.