facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 10, 2009, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Revival of Nazmul is a good hope for us i think.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 10, 2009, 07:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Could shoaib be a spinner?

Mentality/attitude of the bowler is so important. I saw the right attitude in Shahadat but I think we don't yet know how to refine them and maintain their attitude. As the days go by Rubel is also losing his initial expressions & entho. They probably are being made to think that it has to be a friendly pitch for the pacers. Or else they are useless. They must learn to bowl in dead pitches, WI bowlers have bowled with great effect, ours were no where.

So it's not all about sproting pitches or infrastructure. What's the point of producing tons of pacers if we don't know how to groom them?
Well said. I totally agree with you.
Old January 19, 2010, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Mashfaree is probably lost forever at least from the longer version while Nazmul and Sajidul are injured. Rubel is too raw and lacks brain. Shafiul is a promising bowler but has long miles to go. Rasel is ineffective unlike the past. The pace attacking future looks really dark and timid.
Old March 23, 2013, 12:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir,Anamu,Shamsu,Taskin

Bumpity, this thread was made in 2009, sad to see that in 2013 nothing has changed. Both the pacer today conceded 100 runs together in 10 overs. Can the Abuls and the Rubels really be the solution? We need to find pacers with real natural ability not just with 'pace'. Sami and Tait can bowl much faster than our Abuls but we know how much they are rated in their countries.
Old March 23, 2013, 12:49 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

There is only one solution....
Old March 23, 2013, 12:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
No.I don't think this would work as well.

We need to collect tissues of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younus and other great pacers and send those tissues to China. They will send us their clones.
Old March 23, 2013, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf

We need to collect tissues of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younus and other great pacers and send those tissues to China. They will send us their clones.
liked the idea

But really why can't we import pacers from other countries?? Give them Bangladeshi citizenship and bring them in. Any club level pacer from England, Australia or even Pakistan will be much more successful than our sh*t pacers who hardly have any pace.
Old March 23, 2013, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Somebody needs to go ballistic on the puny buttocks of these slow medium pie-chucking sissies after today's game. Unfortunately, SJ isn't that man because he hasn't done jack to help them. The first time they brought Shafi and Rubel in, one look at them and it was obvious they had no future. Years down the road, nothing has happened to change that belief. No, a few spurts of brilliance here and there don't count.

Watching Abul bowl today, the face he kept making after getting wedgied by the Sri Lankan batsmen repeatedly, as if he was utterly surprised that he was getting the living koiljas beaten out of him made me want to go down there and give him a piece of my mind. Shamne jodi paitam emon ekta jhari martam je pola jibone ar konodin cricket khelar chinta korto na. Mia icchamoto freeby marba abar maar khaile bhengchi katba - national team e khela ki tomar jonmogoto odhikar mone hoy?

How hard is it not to bowl full and not to offer width 4 times out of 6 in an over? The game was lost in the first 3-5 overs. If Zia can do it, why can't they? Allah'r waastey boltesi, we don't need your super human 130 kph pace, just keep it tight. With a good score on the board, wickets will come if we can at least manage to contain, forget about penetration. But when the management and selectors are cuckoo in the head, what can you expect of a bunch of 20 year old street cricketers?

Rubbish, blood pressure emon barse eishob aborjonamarka bowling dekhe.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 23, 2013, 01:18 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Whatever you do bro, don't lose your supermoderator privileges over these "piece-chucking sissies"(ATMR 2013).
Old March 23, 2013, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Abul has no future, none whatsoever. No potential, no hope, no talent, just a voluptous bum that lets him charge in and generate super human pace (like 130 kph, around the same mark that makes Sangakkara wet his pants). Why shouldn't Zia be given the new ball in the next match?

Old March 23, 2013, 02:21 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

he alone can not turn this pie chukers into supermans, major infrastructure change needs to be done..good pitches..r 10 ta bangali er moto boisa boisa 10 gamla vat dine khaile r jai hok fast bowler houa jayna..eder food habit change korte hobe..change na korte chaile lathi mere team theke ber kore daoa uchit
Old March 23, 2013, 06:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

bangladesh has a bowling attack? we cant win any match with this attack...tara 400 runs o defend korte parbe na...
Old March 23, 2013, 06:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I have to admit, I've always had very low standards for our pacers but this is just getting increasingly frustrating. As mad as I want to get at Rubel and Abul, they aren't the only pacers that we've had getting hammered. All our pacers get hammered, yes even Mash whose awful at the death.

As we in BC have been repeating time and again, a pace academy needs to be in place or a Proper system and plan needs to be in place. Look at how India has a big pace academy for so many years and Sri Lanka have many coaches in place for their pacers. Still you see their pacers being average. So what can we expect from our pacers when there is basically no system in place? When our pacers can't even get their basics right, you know it's a systematic problem.
Old March 23, 2013, 07:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

How hard is it not to bowl full and not to offer width 4 times out of 6 in an over? The game was lost in the first 3-5 overs. If Zia can do it, why can't they? Allah'r waastey boltesi, we don't need your super human 130 kph pace, just keep it tight. With a good score on the board, wickets will come if we can at least manage to contain, forget about penetration. But when the management and selectors are cuckoo in the head, what can you expect of a bunch of 20 year old street cricketers?

It seems this is always an issue and always will be... Because I guess our genes...unless there is some talent like Mash... We are doomed in pace bowling
Old March 23, 2013, 09:37 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Somebody needs to go ballistic on the puny buttocks of these slow medium pie-chucking sissies after today's game. Unfortunately, SJ isn't that man because he hasn't done jack to help them. The first time they brought Shafi and Rubel in, one look at them and it was obvious they had no future. Years down the road, nothing has happened to change that belief. No, a few spurts of brilliance here and there don't count.

Watching Abul bowl today, the face he kept making after getting wedgied by the Sri Lankan batsmen repeatedly, as if he was utterly surprised that he was getting the living koiljas beaten out of him made me want to go down there and give him a piece of my mind. Shamne jodi paitam emon ekta jhari martam je pola jibone ar konodin cricket khelar chinta korto na. Mia icchamoto freeby marba abar maar khaile bhengchi katba - national team e khela ki tomar jonmogoto odhikar mone hoy?

Spoke my mind. When i like look at their expression it seems they are not thinking at all about a gameplan or how to get the batsman out. If i got smacked around for pitching short all the time in a game, i would hit the nets and try to sort out my length issues or at east have the brain to realize why i got hit. Game after game he bowls the same stuff... Rubbsh half trackers and gets surprised why the delivery goes to the boundary. Another Shahadat in the making.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Oh btw Shahadat will be coming to the rescue in place of Nazmul. Well done selectors.
Old March 23, 2013, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Oh btw Shahadat will be coming to the rescue in place of Nazmul. Well done selectors.
oh that's terrific news. better off doing what you said in the other thread and giving the ball to zia, otherwise sajidul, taskin, babu or a kamrul should have been called in.
Old March 23, 2013, 10:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

zia should be our bowling coach and he should teach others how to bowl line and length
Old March 24, 2013, 12:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Eishob deikha Murubbi mone mone emon khushi hoise...
Old March 24, 2013, 12:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf

gather as many tissues as possible but Sadi bhaiya, you know 90% of the cricket game is played mentally.
Old March 24, 2013, 12:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Shakib-BIjoy-Rumman

JiaurRohomanJia's military mediums were pretty effective last night, especially when compared to his fellow seamers bowling some of worst deliveries ever seen in international cricket. Not sure if he can deliver that kind of consistency day in and day out before good batsmen take him to task on a variety of pitches and conditions. Guys like him have the tendency to go from hero to zero in record time.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 24, 2013, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Gareth Bale

If we get better pace bowlers then our batsmen will improve as well. Pace bowlers are the fabric of any cricketing team.
Old March 24, 2013, 06:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Not for me. I think they bowled WELL. Raz's catch and the inside edge didn't hit the wicket. Could have changed the outcome. Chasing is always tricky.
Old March 24, 2013, 05:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

really need to focus on line and length, seam and swing bowlers. clearly the pace thing isn't working. guys like mash, nazmul, sajidul, rasel etc do we have any good prospects along these lines? tbh i reckon we are at a point where if we don't have good up and comers we should go with the 4 i just named, with rubel being the one who is there for pace (because he's been the one so far to show the most promise in that regard, taskin can be second choice for this atm).

i know rasel has lost his effectiveness over the years but he was a great bowler to watch and he was very effective and despite his loss of effectiveness his ODI average still stands at 33.62. actually i miss the days when rasel and mash opened the bowling. rasel is probably the 2nd best pacer BD have produced to-date.
Old March 24, 2013, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
really need to focus on line and length, seam and swing bowlers. clearly the pace thing isn't working. guys like mash, nazmul, sajidul, rasel etc do we have any good prospects along these lines? tbh i reckon we are at a point where if we don't have good up and comers we should go with the 4 i just named, with rubel being the one who is there for pace (because he's been the one so far to show the most promise in that regard, taskin can be second choice for this atm).

i know rasel has lost his effectiveness over the years but he was a great bowler to watch and he was very effective and despite his loss of effectiveness his ODI average still stands at 33.62. actually i miss the days when rasel and mash opened the bowling. rasel is probably the 2nd best pacer BD have produced to-date.
I liked that partnership as well. kept it tight and the combo of Mash's seam bowling with Rasel's swing bowling was a treat to watch. a shame that Rasel has faded away. Honestly like watching Mash and Nazmul opening alsobecause even though they don't have much pace, they can actually keep it tight and dry up the runs. That combo with our spin attack is great. Shafiul and Rubel have very good records against in our G8 wins but have consistency issues and once they don't click, they look ugly